There is a large debate when it comes to the traditional spring mattress in relation to the new and innovative foam matters, and I must say today there is a similar argument when it comes to pillows.
Although the latest innovation in pillows was the memory foam, on the contrary direction, the latest craze is the spring pillow.
Memory Foam vs. Spring Pillow
Memory foam has long been known for its exceptional ability to conform to the natural contours of a sleeper’s body,basing itself on body heat while providing automatic pressure relief and similar pain relief. This is regardless of your sleep style or position.
With a spring pillow, you cannot really achieve this, although, the spring pillow offers much better support when it comes to relieving pain, and is much more resilient.
Pros and Cons of a Memory Foam Pillow
- Memory foam shapes itself to your contours and sleeping position.
- It offers good support and luxurious comfort.
- It gives you a soft, enveloping feeling.
- Aids in isolating motion.
- Memory foam is quite expensive.
- It can get very hot during the night as it absorbs body heat.
- Has an initial chemical smell to it.
Pros and Cons of a Spring Pillow
- More readily available and much more affordable.
- There are a few varieties to choose from.
- Has a more springy and reactive feel.
- It offers better support for pain relief.
- Much more resilient and durable.
- Some varieties that are more mainstream do not offer the best support.
- You will need to find a more expensive model to get the best results.
- These pillows offer more firm support and do not have that soft plush feeling.
Benefits of a Spring Pillow
A spring pillow will provide support and comfort without relying on contouring to your body for comfort.
The choice in firmness is not that extensive, so most spring pillow offer firm support rather than softness, the firm support is often better for your back and likewise relieving pain than a softer option
What to Look For in a Good Spring Pillow
I would personally recommend that you invest a bit when it comes to a spring pillow, as the cheaper models may not offer you the best or lasting characteristics.
Look for something with separate, independent pocket coils, around 35 or more. You may also have the option of a pillow with a warm and cool side, which is because of two different fabric types used on either side of the pillow.
Then there is likewise the rest of the fill and the cover of the pillow, look at temperature control, hypoallergenic and dust mite resistance, as well as a cotton washable cover.
Reviews: The Best Inner Spring Pillows
The OXA Pocket spring Bed Pillows are one of the latest innovations in a breathable pillows with separate pocket spring.
- Features 40 individual pocket springs that will aid in relieving neck and back pain.
- The cover is 100% pure cotton with 3D spacer mesh fabric and a polyester microfiber fill, which is superbly breathable and cooling.
- There are nearly a billion short fibers along with the pocket springs that will adapt to the natural contours of your body.
- The inner core of this pillow aid in relieving both pains and reducing pressure on key areas.
There is nothing quite like the Jollyvogue for sleeping on your side or back. This pillow has different spring coefficients that support your head, and neck meticulously.
- Designed with independent pockets springs by means of using a spring set that has different spring coefficients for overall cervical, spine, and head support.
- This pillow similarly features excellent resilience,, and will quickly return to its original shape and size.
- Air flows freely between the springs for better ventilation and cooling, while the cover is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
- The Jollyvogue is also machine washable and extremely durable, for long lasting comfort.
A comfortable and hypoallergenic model, with the support of separate pocket springs, the Modern Joe bed pillow, is comfort in a nutshell!
- : There are over 60 independent high-carbon coil steel individual pockets that reduce pressure on key pressure points and offer optimal support.
- This pillow furthermore features a unique temperature regulating fabric on either side of the pillow; the Tencel fabric side absorbs and releases heat to keep you cool, while the Thermal side will keep you warm.
- Both sides of the pillow are soft and supportive, and similarly feature anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic properties.
- Pocket coils are very resilient and highly durable, so you can look forward to very long-lasting comfort in an exclusive design pillow.
The Amada Soft pillow is a spring pillow that offers luxuriously soft and plush comfort, while relieving pain symptoms related to a variety of conditions.
- Features 50 sets of sensitive springs that are resilient and supportive, offering you a 24 hour stretch of complete support.
- Dual sides for winter and summer, the one side is manufactured from ice silk to keep you cool, while the other features plush material for warmth during autumn and winter months.
- The ergonomic design gives you the best firm and softness balance to aid relaxing and comforting sleep while reducing pain and pressure.
- A completely washable and breathable design with 3D mesh for fresh airflow.
This is the ideal pillow for side sleepers and those who suffer from allergies. The Lavisun spring bed pillow ensures you the best in comfort and support, along with breathability and durability.
- A soft pillow with 55 sets of sensitive springs that are both resilient and durable.
- Aids in relieving back and neck pain, while similarly being beneficial for those who suffer from asthma.
- Dust mite, mold, and mildew resistant, and completely hypoallergenic, being chemical and toxin-free, making this pillow perfect for those who suffer from allergies.
- Supports your neck head and shoulders perfectly by contouring to the shape of your body.
A firm and comfortable pocketed coil spring pillow from Beautyrest.
- This is a very firm and supportive pillow.
- High-quality materials and durable pocketed coil springs.
- Will not lose its shape and will last.
- Very plum and firm design.
This is a comfortable and springy mattress pillow top with memory foam and pocket coils.
- Memory foam and pocket coil spring fill.
- Cooling memory foam design.
- Green Foam Certified.
- Earop Pillow Top style.
This is a Hypoallergenic and luxury mattress pillow top with deep pocket coils.
- Deep Pocketed coils for extra bounce.
- Hypoallergenic 400 TC cover.
- All-season design for temperature control.
- Reversable top for flannel or cotton side.
Just like the spring mattress, the spring pillow will offer you similar support and comfort, while keeping its shape.
The pillows I have chosen are all top of their class, with some excellent additional features that you can look forward to!
Index Table: Top Rated Inner Spring Pillow
|1||OXA Pocket Spring - Breathable Pillow||OXA||96.3|
|2||Jollyvogua Back and Side Sleep - Pocket Spring Pillow||Jollyvogua||96|
|3||vecelo Bed Pillow - Breathable Spring Pillow||vecelo||97|
|4||OXA 2019 - Spring Pillow for Arthritis||OXA||97|
|5||OXA Comfortable Sleeping - Spring Bed Pillow with Cotton Cover||OXA||97|
|6||Simmons BeautyRest - Pocketed Coil Pillow||Simmons||97|
|7||Oliver Smith Organic Cotton - Mattress Pillow Top with Coil Springs||Oliver Smith||97|
|8||Dreamylife queen - Pocketed Coil Mattress Top Pillow||Dreamylife||97|
Table of Contents
- Memory Foam vs. Spring Pillow
- Benefits of a Spring Pillow
- What to Look For in a Good Spring Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Inner Spring Pillows
- OXA® Pocket Spring Breathable Pillow
- Jollyvogua® Back and Side Sleep Pocket Spring Pillow
- vecelo® Bed Pillow Breathable Spring Pillow
- OXA® 2019 Spring Pillow for Arthritis
- OXA® Comfortable Sleeping Spring Bed Pillow with Cotton Cover
- Simmons® BeautyRest Pocketed Coil Pillow
- Oliver Smith® Organic Cotton Mattress Pillow Top with Coil Springs
- Dreamylife® queen Pocketed Coil Mattress Top Pillow
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: Top Rated Inner Spring Pillow