Pregnancy is the best time in most people’s life.
For some people, it is also the hardest. Your body goes through so many changes, both emotional and physical.
We all need as much support as we can get during this time.
Read on to find out about Pregnancy Pillows and all the support and benefits they provide.
Types of Pregnancy Pillows
- Full Body Pillows – These types of pillows provide full-body support. They help in relieving pain, especially pain in the hip. You can use these pillows in other conditions as well.
- U-Shaped/C-shaped Pillows – The U-shaped pillows aim to provide maximum support to the back and belly. Whereas the C-shaped pillows support the neck and back area and provide pain relief as well.
- Wedge Pillows – The wedge pillows can be put under the belly for support. They are also great at providing support to the hip and leg area. These pillows are excellent for warm weather usage when you don’t want a pillow covering you from every side.
- Inflatable Belly Hole Pillows – The inflatable pillows come with adjustable belly-hole and are made for stomach sleepers. They provide support and space to the whole body. Depending on the design, these pillows may help get the baby into the optimal position for a natural birth and reduce the risk of C-section and painful labor.
Benefits of Pregnancy Pillows
- Support – The first and biggest benefit of a pregnancy pillow is the support it provides. It cradles your body and provides support as well as relief from body aches and pain.
- Blood Circulation – Doctors recommend that pregnant women sleep on their left side. It prompts the baby to get in the optimal position for birth while also increasing blood circulation in the mother and decreasing body aches. Pregnancy pillows make this left-side sleeping position incredibly more comfortable.
- Restful Sleep – A good maternity pillow cushions the body and helps it to relax. Therefore, using pregnancy pillows at night results in a night of more restful and comfortable sleep. You can use these pillows post-birth as well.
- Relieves Aches and Pains – Due to the baby’s added weight on your body, certain areas begin to ache, such as the legs, feet, and back. A good pillow can provide support to these areas, resulting in a decrease in aches.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Pregnancy Pillow
- Size – Pregnancy pillows come in many different sizes. Decide how much bed shape you are willing to give up for the pillow, and maybe include your partner in that discussion too!
- Shape – From wedge pillows to U-shaped full body ones, maternity pillows are available in various shapes to cater to every possible need. Choose the one that provides the maximum relief and comfort to you, considering your issues.
- Material – Pillows come in fillings of Microbead, Polyester, Memory Foam, Organic Fillings, etc. Consider your lifestyle before choosing one.
Reviews: Best Pillows for Pregnant Stomach Sleepers
Reviewed down below are the best pillows for pregnant stomach sleepers we could find.
- This pregnancy pillow is specially designed to allow you to lay down on your belly.
- The inflatable pregnancy pillow comes with a large opening hole to fit in tummies of all sizes.
- The hole or pocket is extensible and can be adjusted according to your size and needs.
- The pocket is made of special elastic cloth.
- The air-filled inside is also adjustable and can be increased or decreased based on your size.
- This product is built to allow pregnant women to have comfortable naps, reading times, or just simple TV watching while being on their stomachs.
- It helps to relieve back pain and hip pain.
- Cozy Bump pillow comes with a plastic box for storage.
- The stomach hole pillow comes with a specialized rim to support the hips and back.
- It allows pregnant women to lie down on their tummies for short periods.
- It alleviates pregnancy pains, including sore ribs, lower back pain, and even heartburn.
- This pillow can be used throughout the pregnancy and even postpartum.
- It is suitable for water as well as land.
- This product is easily deflated and travel-friendly.
- This product provides support and cushion during the vulnerable state of pregnancy.
- It is designed for pregnant women and anyone who cannot lie on their stomach.
- This patented design is suitable for people who suffer from lower back pains or those who have recently undergone breast surgeries.
- It is made using CFC-free Urethane Foam, making it free of harsh chemicals.
- The Natursoft™ upholstery in this pillow provides comfort and support.
- This award-winning product is approved by OB/GYN’s as well as Chiropractors.
- This pillow is designed to have an extra thick bed to provide a feeling of safety while you are lying on it.
- It makes sure your pregnant belly does not touch the ground.
- The patented decline in these pillows’ leg section allows gravity to decompress the spine, thereby relieving pain.
- The adjustable bump allows changing of size based on your needs.
- This compact-sized pillow allows you to lie down on your stomach.
- It is designed by an experienced Chiropractor, especially for pregnant women.
- This cut-out pillow provides a cushion and cradles the belly.
- It is perfect for use in warm weather as it does not cover the whole body.
- You can use it even postpartum to provide support to the baby while nursing.
- This stomach pillow is designed to cater to the needs of pregnant women.
- It relieves back pain and decompresses the lower back to do so.
- This pillow’s leg wedge raises the hips and lower legs to reduce the risk of C-section and painful labor. It helps move the baby to the optimal position for a natural birth.
- This product is approved by doctors and is safe for pregnant women.
- This is a C-shaped pillow designed to contour according to the body’s shape and provide optimum comfort.
- It relieves back pain, stiffness in the neck and relieves lower back pain.
- The body pillow supports the upper and lower back hip, leg, and feet and improves the sleeping situation, regardless of the position you sleep in.
- It is made with high-density soft cotton along with a cotton silk cover to offer a smooth and luxurious feel.
- The multifunction pillow offers a flexible shape and can also be folded into a wedge pillow.
- The U-shaped pillow is ideal for relieving back pain, Sciatica, leg swelling, congestion, gastric reflux, hypertension syndrome, and relieving 3rd-trimester pain, and reducing tossing and turning.
- It is designed for pregnant people but can also be used by other people suffering from similar body pains.
- This body pillow supports the body and makes it comfortable in every sleeping position, be it back or stomach.
- It comes enclosed in a soft cotton cover, which is machine washable, while the filling is adjustable polyester, designed to provide long-lasting resilience and durability.
- This U-shaped body pillow allows for comfortable and soothing sleep throughout your pregnancy by following your body’s shape and snuggling it.
- It is designed for all types of sleeping positions, including stomach sleeping.
- You can form the adjustable pillow into multiple positions according to your needs.
- It comes filled with durable polyester, along with a stretchable zipper cover, which is machine washable.
- This body pillow surrounds you with soft cushioning and firm support at the same time, which can make a lot of difference in your pregnancy.
- It comes with a removable side, which can be used as a knee rest to relieve pain in the hips, legs, and feet.
- This set also includes a small 45-degree angle pillow to allow you to prop your baby bump to reduce the strain on your back.
- Other people can also use the padded body pillow to provide relief from pain and overall body support.
Index Table: Top-Rated Pillows for Pregnant Stomach Sleepers
|1||Cozy Bump Inflatable - Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||Cozy Bump||99.1|
|2||HOLO The Original - Pillow with Hole for Stomach||HOLO||98.7|
|3||Earthlite Cushion - Pregnancy Pillow for Stomach Sleepers||Earthlite||98.4|
|4||Back & Bump Comfort Cozy - Bump Pregnancy Bed||Back & Bump Comfort||98.1|
|5||Belly Baby Breast Pillow Cut-out - Belly Down Pregnancy Pillow||Belly Baby Breast Pillow||97.6|
|6||Back & Bump Comfort The Best - Cozy Bump Pregnancy Body Pillow,||Back & Bump Comfort||97.2|
|7||INSEN C Shaped - Pregnancy Body Pillow||INSEN||96.9|
|8||Meiz U Shaped - Pregnancy Body Pillow||Meiz||96.5|
|9||Toplimit 55-Inch U-Shaped - Pregnancy Body Pillow||Toplimit||96.3|
|10||AS AWESLING U-Shape 60-Inch - Maternity Pregnancy Body Pillow||AS AWESLING||95.8|
Table of Contents
- Types of Pregnancy Pillows
- Benefits of Pregnancy Pillows
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Pregnancy Pillow
- Reviews: Best Pillows for Pregnant Stomach Sleepers
- Cozy Bump® Inflatable Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- HOLO® The Original Pillow with Hole for Stomach
- Earthlite® Cushion Pregnancy Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- Back & Bump Comfort® Cozy Bump Pregnancy Bed
- Belly Baby Breast Pillow® Cut-out Belly Down Pregnancy Pillow
- Back & Bump Comfort® The Best Cozy Bump Pregnancy Body Pillow,
- INSEN® C Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Meiz® U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Toplimit® 55-Inch U-Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
- AS AWESLING® U-Shape 60-Inch Maternity Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Index Table: Top-Rated Pillows for Pregnant Stomach Sleepers