For those who sleep on their stomachs and wake up with body pains, it may be time for you to invest in one of the best pillows for stomach sleepers. Read on to find out why stomach sleeping can cause discomfort, what the best pillow for stomach sleepers is and what some of these pillow’s best features are.
Pain and Problems Associated With Stomach Sleepers
It’s no secret that sleeping on your stomach is the worst sleeping position for your posture and that most stomach sleepers experience pain in their body when they wake up. This is because when you sleep on your stomach, your neck is raised on your pillow which pushes the rest of your spine out of alignment. Many stomach sleepers lift their knees at their sides or shift their body about in the night, which further twists the spine into stranger positions. When the spine is out of alignment, it can cut off or restrict circulation, which prevents bodily fluids from efficiently draining.
Common problems after years of sleeping on the stomach include:
- Bad Posture
- Slipped Discs
- Herniated Discs
- Lower or Upper Back Pain
- Hip Pain
- Neck Pain
- Stiff Neck or Shoulders
- Loss of Blood Circulation to the Head
- Hips Out of Alignment
For these reasons, it is vital to get the best pillow if you are a stomach sleeper.
What Is the Best Pillow for Stomach Sleepers?
Many experts will tell you that the best pillow for a stomach sleeper is no pillow at all! However, most people do not find this comfortable. The best pillows for stomach sleepers are ones that have a low profile – in other words, a very slim pillow that does not raise your neck too high off the bed and that helps to keep your posture as best as it can be. A secondary pillow may also be used between a stomach sleeper’s legs if they find themselves tossing and turning or lifting a leg up. A pillow down there can help to keep your posture stable throughout the night.
Aside from being thin, a stomach sleeper pillow should also be soft enough to provide comfort and yet firm enough to keep your head in one place. Memory foam or shredded memory foam both do an exceptional job of that, forming a precise contour of your head’s shape and allowing you to rest in one position all night. This is the best material that your pillow for stomach sleeping can be made from.
Best Qualities of Stomach Sleeper Pillows
Here are some of the best features amongst pillows for stomach sleepers and why.
- Dust Mite Resistant – Dust mite resistant pillows prevent the risk of dust mites living inside your pillow!
- Cooling Technology – Many foam products available on the market do not provide a means for allowing hot air to escape. This causes them to overheat and may also cause discomfort to the user. Manufacturers have developed ways to counter this with cooling technology, either by ventilating the foam, infusing it with cooling gel or layering it so that air can escape out the sides.
- Chemical Free – Foam that is CertiPUR-US certified ensures that it has no harmful flame retardants and other heavy toxins. Look to see if the foam has been certified by a credible board to make sure that it is safe to use.
- Hypoallergenic – Memory foam and microfiber cluster fillings are hypoallergenic, meaning that they do not create allergic reactions in sensitive individuals.
- Antibacterial – An antibacterial pillow is great for keeping the pillow in a better condition for longer, preventing bacteria from infesting them and keeping them odorless. These pillows also reduce acne and skin infections when you sleep on them.
Reviews: Best Stomach Sleeper Pillows
Below are some of the best pillows for stomach sleepers and a few of their best features.
- This memory foam pillow is made from soft shredded memory foam for deluxe comfort and proper posture while at rest.
- Ideal for stomach sleepers or back sleepers who are looking to reduce their neck and back pain in the mornings.
- The pillow is dust mite resistant and hypoallergenic for all those with sensitivities or allergies.
- The shredded foam allows air to flow through the pillow, keeping your face cool and letting you sleep without needing to flip the pillow over in the night.
- To keep the pillow clean, toss it conveniently in the washing machine!
- Made in USA.
- This butterfly-shaped pillow is designed to accommodate the head, neck and shoulders of both side and stomach sleepers who battle to find a comfortable position.
- Alleviate your neck and back pain by sinking your head into this soft memory foam pillow and sleeping in a perfect position.
- The butterfly or star shape helps to distribute pressure on the neck and shoulders evenly.
- The pillow is made from hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant and antimicrobial memory foam, allowing it to last longer without causing you any allergies.
- A removable cover ensures that you can easily keep the pillow clean and odorless.
- Buy two of these for the best results, one for your head and the other for your knees.
- This memory foam pillow has been infused with cooling gel to regulate your temperature and promote the best night of sleep possible.
- Allow the soft memory foam to cradle your head and neck, keeping your sleeping posture stable all night long.
- The slim profile will aid stomach and back sleepers from experiencing morning back pains.
- The pillow will naturally wick moisture away from you, preventing excessive moisture, bacterial build-up or over perspiration.
- Comes inclusive with a breathable bamboo cover that can be removed and cleaned for ease of convenience.
- Certified free from harmful chemicals, fire retardants, heavy metals and more.
- This deluxe down feather alternative pillow is ideal for stomach sleepers and all other sleeping positions.
- A correctly sized indentation in the pillow secures your head in place and provides the means for an excellent night of rest.
- The microfiber filling is hypoallergenic and is preferred by many allergy sufferers over its down feather equivalents.
- The pillow is incredibly soft, which is perfect especially for stomach sleepers who need a pillow with a slim profile.
- 100% breathable and cool all night long to enhance your sleep and promote deep rejuvenating sleep.
- This memory foam pillow was designed with a low profile for the best stomach sleeper support, keeping your body in a perfect posture.
- Soft, yet supportive, the memory foam creates a unique contour of your body each time you use it, providing you with the best comfort.
- The foam is non-toxic, odor free and will not trigger allergies, reactions or sensitivities in anyone who uses it.
- The pillow cover is soft and breathable, regulating your temperature throughout the night, so you don’t wake up from overheating.
- Sleep soundly and wake up feeling like a new person without neck or back discomfort!
Index Table: Best Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
|1||Xtreme Comforts Shredded Foam Pillow - Memory Foam Pillow for Stomach Sleepers||Xtreme Comforts||95|
|2||bonmedico Orthopedic Foam Pillow - Specially Shaped Pillow for Stomach Sleepers||bonmedico||98|
|3||Bluewave Bedding Cool Foam Pillow - Cool Gel Memory Foam Stomach Sleeper Pillow||Bluewave Bedding||97|
|4||SLEEPHI Microfiber Pillow - Perfect Sleep Pillow for Stomach Sleepers||SLEEPHI||95|
|5||Cradle Me Slim Foam Pillow - Soft Low Profile Stomach Sleeper Pillow||Cradle Me||97|
Table of Contents
- Pain and Problems Associated With Stomach Sleepers
- What Is the Best Pillow for Stomach Sleepers?
- Best Qualities of Stomach Sleeper Pillows
- Reviews: Best Stomach Sleeper Pillows
- Xtreme Comforts Shredded Foam Pillow Memory Foam Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- bonmedico Orthopedic Foam Pillow Specially Shaped Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- Bluewave Bedding Cool Foam Pillow Cool Gel Memory Foam Stomach Sleeper Pillow
- SLEEPHI Microfiber Pillow Perfect Sleep Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- Cradle Me Slim Foam Pillow Soft Low Profile Stomach Sleeper Pillow
- Index Table: Best Pillows for Stomach Sleepers