For those who sleep on their stomachs and wake up with body pains, it may be time for you to invest in one of the best pillows for stomach sleepers.
Read on to find out why stomach sleeping can cause discomfort, what the best pillow for stomach sleepers is and what some of these pillow’s best features are.
Pain and Problems Associated With Stomach Sleepers
It’s no secret that sleeping on your stomach is the worst sleeping position for your posture and that most stomach sleepers experience pain in their body when they wake up.
This is because when you sleep on your stomach, your neck is raised on your pillow, which pushes the rest of your spine out of alignment.
Many stomach sleepers lift their knees at their sides or shift their bodies about in the night, further twisting the spine into stranger positions.
When the spine is out of alignment, it can cut off or restrict circulation, preventing bodily fluids from efficiently draining.
Common problems after years of sleeping on the stomach include:
- Bad Posture – Because of the incorrect spinal alignment when sleeping on your stomach, you may develop a bad posture.
- Lower or Upper Back Pain – Many issues related to your back, such as muscle tension, slipped discs, and improper alignment, may lead to back pain because of sleeping on your stomach.
- Hip Pain – Improper Hip alignment can also lead to hip pain.
- Neck Pain – Improper spinal alignment when sleeping on your stomach, and a too-high pillow can lead to neck pain.
- Stiff Neck or Shoulders – If You do not have the correct pillow for sleeping on your stomach, your neck and shoulders may tense and become sore and stiff.
- Loss of Blood Circulation to the Head – A lack of blood circulation to your head may occur because your pillow is too high for stomach sleeping.
For these reasons, it is vital to get the best pillow if you are a stomach sleeper.
What Is the Best Pillow for Stomach Sleepers?
Many experts will tell you that the best pillow for a stomach sleeper is no pillow at all! However, most people do not find this comfortable.
The best pillows for stomach sleepers are ones that have a low profile – in other words, a very slim pillow that does not raise your neck too high off the bed and that helps to keep your posture as best as it can be.
A secondary pillow may also be used between a stomach sleeper’s legs if they find themselves tossing and turning or lifting a leg up. A pillow down there can help to keep your posture stable throughout the night.
Aside from being thin, a stomach sleeper pillow should also be soft enough to provide comfort and firm enough to keep your head in one place.
Memory foam or shredded memory foam both do an exceptional job of that, forming a precise contour of your head’s shape and allowing you to rest in one position all night.
This is the best material that your pillow for stomach sleeping can be made from.
Features of a Good Stomach Sleeper Pillow
Here are some of the best features amongst pillows for stomach sleepers and why.
- Dust Mite Resistant – Dust-mite resistant pillows prevent the risk of dust mites living inside your pillow!
- Cooling Technology – Many foam products available on the market do not provide a means for allowing hot air to escape. This causes them to overheat and may also cause discomfort to the user. Manufacturers have developed ways to counter this with cooling technology, either by ventilating the foam, infusing it with cooling gel, or layering it so that air can escape out the sides.
- Chemical Free – CertiPUR-US certified Foam ensures that it has no harmful flame retardants and other heavy toxins. Look to see if the foam has been certified by a credible board to ensure that it is safe to use.
- Hypoallergenic – Memory foam and microfiber cluster fillings are hypoallergenic, meaning that they do not create allergic reactions in sensitive individuals.
- Antibacterial – An antibacterial pillow is great for keeping the pillow in a better condition for longer, preventing bacteria from infesting them, and keeping them odorless. These pillows also reduce acne and skin infections when you sleep on them.
Reviews: Best Stomach Sleeper Pillows
Below are some of the best pillows for stomach sleepers and a few of their best features. Also, we like to notify you that for every purchase you make through the given links, some shares may get credited to our account.
- This memory foam pillow is made from soft shredded memory foam for deluxe comfort and proper posture while at rest.
- It is ideal for stomach sleepers or back sleepers looking to reduce their neck and back pain in the mornings.
- The pillow is dust-mite-resistant and hypoallergenic for all those with sensitivities or allergies.
- The shredded foam allows air to flow through the pillow, keeping your face cool and letting you sleep without needing to flip the pillow over in the night.
- To keep the pillow clean, toss it conveniently in the washing machine!
- Made in USA.
The Arc4Life is a Traction pillow that offers you superb support for side and back sleeping, as well as excellent pain relief and improved sleep patterns.
- A Traction V side and supportive side for sleeping on your back.
- It gives a proper posture, head and neck alignment support.
- Ideal for sleeping and neck traction.
- Available in a small, medium, or large size option.
- It ensures a natural cervical curve for proper alignment and support.
- Aids with insomnia, headaches, neck, shoulder, and back pain.
- This memory foam pillow has been infused with cooling gel to regulate your temperature and promote the best night of sleep possible.
- Allow the soft memory foam to cradle your head and neck, keeping your sleeping posture stable all night long.
- The slim profile will aid the stomach and back sleepers from experiencing morning back pains.
- The pillow will naturally wick moisture away from you, preventing excessive moisture, bacterial build-up, or over perspiration.
- It comes inclusive with a breathable bamboo cover that can be removed and cleaned for ease of convenience.
- Certified free from harmful chemicals, fire retardants, heavy metals, and more.
- This deluxe down feather alternative pillow is ideal for stomach sleepers and all other sleeping positions.
- A correctly sized indentation in the pillow secures your head in place and provides the means for an excellent night of rest.
- The microfiber filling is hypoallergenic and is preferred by many allergy sufferers over its down feather equivalents.
- The pillow is incredibly soft, which is perfect, especially for stomach sleepers who need a pillow with a slim profile.
- 100% breathable and cool all night long to enhance your sleep and promote deep rejuvenating sleep.
- This memory foam pillow was designed with a low profile for the best stomach sleeper support, keeping your body in a perfect posture.
- Soft yet supportive, the memory foam creates a unique contour of your body each time you use it, providing you with the best comfort.
- The foam is non-toxic, odor-free, and will not trigger allergies, reactions, or sensitivities in anyone who uses it.
- The pillow cover is soft and breathable, regulating your temperature throughout the night so you don’t wake up from overheating.
- Sleep soundly and wake up feeling like a new person without neck or back discomfort!
- It also comes with a handy carry bag.
- The pillows have a premium polyester microfiber filling that gives stress-free and comfortable sleep.
- The pillow provides highly relaxed sleep to side sleepers and stomach sleepers.
- It helps you to get rid of all sorts of neck pains.
- The pillow is extremely comfortable and is free from allergens with its hypoallergenic properties.
- Easy to wash and no quality loss after washing.
It is an excellent option in a side and stomach sleeping pillow that provides superb support and alignment.
- Adjustable fill with a discreet zipper.
- Filled with 100% Centipur-US certified gel and foam.
- It offers excellent support and relieves pain and pressure.
- It has a unique curvature to support your neck and shoulders.
- Offers soft and pliable comfort.
One of the best pillows explicitly designed for sleeping on your stomach is the Belly sleep Cooling Gel Memory foam pillow.
- Filled with memory foam and infused with cooling gel.
- The low profile and soft loft area are great for belly sleeping.
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant with an ergonomic design to cradle your head and neck.
- A removable bamboo cover is included that is comfortable cooling and moisture-wicking.
The Milemont Memory Foam pillow has a sot fill and low loft, ideal for sleeping on your stomach.
- The pillow offers full neck support.
- The pillow is a medium-firm loft with memory foam fill, which is ideal for stomach sleepers.
- Well ventilated and cooling design.
- Certi-Pur certified memory foam.
- The pillows are perfectly designed to provide great support to your neck, shoulder, and back.
- The lower side of the pillow is made for people who sleep on their stomachs and love to wrap arms around the pillow.
- The high-quality memory foam used in the making keeps the heat away from the pillow.
- Its pillowcase is completely washable and has a skin-friendly texture.
The Sleepasia pillow has an adjustable fill, ideal for any sleeping position, particularly stomach sleepers.
- Different size options are available.
- Adjustable shredded memory foam fill.
- The bamboo cover is washable and breathable.
- Ideal for all sleeping positions and can be adjusted to your preference.
- The pillow is great in providing therapeutic relief to every sleeper.
- The premium quality fabric helps you to stay cool and relaxed throughout the night.
- The pillow is made with hypoallergenic material and provides dust mite protection.
- EPABO Stomach Sleeper Pillow is free from all kinds of chemicals.
- Specially designed pillow for stomach sleepers to ensure high-quality sleep.
- The flat design of the pillow helps in reducing shoulder and back pains.
- The ergonomic ventilation pattern keeps the air rotated so that the pillow does not heat up.
- The memory foam used in the making is free from additives and low odor.
- The Bluewave Bedding pillow built with 60% Polyester and 40% Rayon Derived from Bamboo gives it a pleasant texture.
- The pillow is gel-infused and disperses excessive heat away from the surface to provide a relaxed sleep.
- The pillow is 3.25 inches high, and it is great to wrap around the arms and have a soothing sleep.
- The soft memory foam ensures freedom from harmful additives.
- With this pillow, you get the right balance of softness and firmness.
- The pillow is specially designed for comfy plushness, making you fall asleep as soon as you lay your neck over it.
- The pillow has an extremely soft texture and is designed to provide premium comfort.
- The pillow has a 90% duck feather and 10% duck down, ideal for stomach sleepers.
Index Table: Top-Rated Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
Table of Contents
- Pain and Problems Associated With Stomach Sleepers
- What Is the Best Pillow for Stomach Sleepers?
- Features of a Good Stomach Sleeper Pillow
- Reviews: Best Stomach Sleeper Pillows
- Xtreme Comforts® Shredded Foam Pillow Memory Foam Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- Arc4Life® Traction Pillow Specially Shaped Pillow for Side and Back Sleepers
- Bluewave Bedding® Cool Foam Pillow Cool Gel Memory Foam Stomach Sleeper Pillow
- SLEEPHI® Microfiber Pillow Perfect Sleep Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- BlissBury® Slim Foam Pillow Soft Low Profile Stomach Sleeper Pillow
- Amazon Basics® Down Alternative Stomach sleeper pillow
- Honeydew® Scrumptious Side and Tummy Sleeper Pillow
- Belly Sleep® Gel Stomach Sleeper Cooling Pillow
- Inight® Memory Foam Stomach Sleeper Pillow
- Coisum® Cervical Pillow for Stomach Sleeper
- Sleepsia® Bamboo Stomach Sleeper Pillow
- EPABO® Orthopedic Stomach Sleeper Pillow
- Bluewave Bedding® Ultraslim Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- Bluewave Bedding® Gel Infused Stomach Sleepers Pillow
- Dreamhood® Feather Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- Index Table: Top-Rated Pillows for Stomach Sleepers