Though sleeping without a blanket may seem more alluring with sweltering weather outside, the best blankets for summer will only enhance the body cooling. These are crafted from moisture absorbing materials that gently absorb excess body heat.
So for your convenience, we crafted the best blankets for summers that will enhance your summer sleep routine manifold. Also, check out some cool tips that will assist your buying decision, and you get the right blanket you are looking for.
Commonly Found Materials of Summer Blankets
Blankets are made of different materials, so here is a little insight into the cooling impact of these fabrics.
- Cotton – Cotton blankets are the most widely used blankets for summers. There are even further varieties of CottonCotton with different levels of softness, cooling, and maintenance. But overall, these are soft, thin, breathable, and lightweight.
- Satin – Satin blankets though are not one of the best moisture absorbers. Though these can be used with the AC on, in peak summer, these might make you warmer than required.
- Bamboo – Bamboo is one of the best materials for people with allergies. Besides, these are thermoregulating and keep the body cool all night.
What to look for in Blankets for Summer
Here are the most important features you must check out before buying your summer blankets.
- Fabric – The fabric materials of the summer blankets must have moisture-absorbing tendencies. Common fabrics are CottonCotton, bamboo, flax linen, apart from synthetic ones.
- Weight – Though most summer blankets are preferably lightweight, there are also many weighted versions that one may prefer. So do check if the weight of the blanket is comfortable for you or not.
- Hypoallergenic – If you are prone to allergies, that adds another box to tick.
- Size – Choose a blanket that matches the size of your bed. And that’s because you wouldn’t like the blanket to keep falling off.
- Texture – Check for the texture of the blanket, whether you are looking for plush soft or you are more comfortable with silky ones.
Tips to stay cool in warm summer nights
Catch with some cool tips that will help you sleep better at night, in addition to your summer blankets.
- Prepone Dinner – Late dinner, which is almost heavy as well, increases the body temperature due to digestion activity. So you must either prepone your dinner time or reduce the size of dinner meals.
- Shower Before Bed – Take a cool, refreshing shower before going to bed, to reduce your body temperature externally. Also, after a hard day at work, a shower will soothe your body and induce sleep.
- Shut Windows during the day – The interiors of your room get heated up by the warm rays of the sun. While you crave them in winters, the minimal they get in in summers, the better.
- Cooling Mattress Pad / Sheets – A cooling mattress pad is another great option for keeping your body cool. You may choose a breathable cotton sheet as well.
Reviews: Best Blankets for Summer
Here are the top blankets for summers that will make your summer nights much comfortable. Also, please note that for products bought via links on this page, we may earn a part of the profits though you wouldn’t have to pay any extra amount for it.
- Crafted from cool Bamboo microfiber these summer blankets by Dangtop are designed to keep you cool all through the night.
- The fabric is luxuriously soft, and one will find it hard to leave the bed each morning. Besides, the high specific heat capacity of bamboo absorbs excess body temperature.
- The blanket for summer is also super light in weight, with excellent ventilation.
- You may select from two size options and multiple color variants.
- The best part, though, is that you may easily wash it in your washing machine as usual.
- If you prefer a weighted blanket rather than a lightweight variant, try this blanket for summers by Weighted Idea.
- It is made of 100% natural cotton fabric and makes you feel snug with its cooling embrace.
- The cooling impact also comes from Cotton’s natural breathability and moisture absorption capacity.
- You may use it on your bed or carry it to the living room couch. You will love its soft and subtle feel.
- The overall weight of the blanket is around 15 lbs, which is most suitable for people weighing around 140 lbs for the best comfort.
- The Luxear blankets for summer are cool thanks to its Japanese Q-Max 0.4 fiber cotton.
- It absorbs all your body heat to keep it as cool as possible.
- To enhance the credibility of these blankets, the top layer features 80% mica nylon and 20% PE cool fabric.
- And since it is thin and light, you may feel free to pack in your luggage and carry it to your vacations.
- The blanket is also easy to wash though you must not put in the dryer. Besides, you must either wash it separately or after placing it in a bag to avoid entanglement.
- If you are an organic lover, here’s an organic muslin cotton blankets for summers which come with a Oeko-tex Type 2 certification.
- Besides, it is pre-washed and plant dyed, so these are entirely free of chemicals.
- Also, it is super light, soft, and thin, ideal for kids and infants as well, and keeps you snug all year round.
- The hypoallergenic fabric can be washed in the machine, preferably separate.
- The Syrinx Cooling Weighted Blankets come in classic gray color and six-layers of comfort.
- These blankets are filled with glass beads that make no noise when in use. Besides, to ensure that the beads stay in place, and evenly distributed, the blanket has been neatly quilted with 3D sewing technology.
- The weight of this blanket for summers is almost 15 lbs, which is ideal for people weighing 140 lbs.
- However, it is recommended to be dry cleaned not to damage the glass beads in the washing machine.
- The starry blanket by Dawson features 100% soft cotton fabric that is neatly quilted into a comfortable king size blanket.
- You must definitely try this blanket as it has a reversible option, hardly available among most quality blankets.
- Besides, it is easy to maintain with the option to wash in the machine in cold water and gentle cycles.
- This blanket is filled with 100% Polyester Microfiber down alternative.
- It is lightweight, weighing only 2.4 lbs.
- This blanket is designed especially for the summer season and is breathable and airy.
- It comes in a twin size measuring 68 x 88 inches in size.
- It is machine washable, with a long-lasting quilted design.
- This summer blanket is made with extremely cooling fabric that is perfect for hot summer nights.
- The cover is made with 55% Bamboo and 45% Polyester, with a thread count of 300.
- The bamboo blanket is machine washable.
- It is silky soft to the touch and provides a luxurious sensation.
- This summer blanket is made with 100% natural cotton fabric.
- It provides a soft and plush experience while still keeping you ventilated and cooled.
- The blanket is made with three separate layers that are stitched together to give a soft feel.
- It is skin-friendly and comes in a beautiful print to enhance and compliment your surroundings.
- This cooling blanket is made up of 100% microfiber.
- It offers a double-side design, with the top side made of 80% Mica Nylon and 20% PE fabric.
- The blanket is soft and cool to the touch, breathable, as well as skin-friendly.
- It is machine washable and great for indoor and outdoor usage.
Index Table: Top-Rated Blankets for Summer
|1||DANGTOP Bamboo - Microfiber Blankets for Summer||DANGTOP||99.1|
|2||Weighted Idea Cotton - Weighted Blankets for Summer||Weighted Idea||98.7|
|3||LUXEAR Cotton - Blankets for Summer||LUXEAR||98.3|
|4||KyraHome Organic Muslin - Cotton Summer Blankets||KyraHome||97.9|
|5||Syrinx Cooling - Weighted Blankets for Summer||Syrinx||97.5|
|6||Dawson Cotton - Lightweight Summer Blankets||Dawson||97.2|
|7||NATURETY Thin - Summer Comforter||NATURETY||96.8|
|8||softan Cooling - Summer Duvet Cover||softan||96.4|
|9||YAYIDAY Quilt Set - Cotton Blanket for Summer||YAYIDAY||96.1|
|10||EXQ Home Light - Summer Fiber Blanket||EXQ Home||95.7|
Table of Contents
- Commonly Found Materials of Summer Blankets
- What to look for in Blankets for Summer
- Tips to stay cool in warm summer nights
- Reviews: Best Blankets for Summer
- DANGTOP® Bamboo Microfiber Blankets for Summer
- Weighted Idea® Cotton Weighted Blankets for Summer
- LUXEAR® Cotton Blankets for Summer
- KyraHome® Organic Muslin Cotton Summer Blankets
- Syrinx® Cooling Weighted Blankets for Summer
- Dawson® Cotton Lightweight Summer Blankets
- NATURETY® Thin Summer Comforter
- softan® Cooling Summer Duvet Cover
- YAYIDAY® Quilt Set Cotton Blanket for Summer
- EXQ Home® Light Summer Fiber Blanket
- Index Table: Top-Rated Blankets for Summer