On average, an adult needs 6-8 hours of sleep every day to work correctly.
Sleep is essential for the proper functioning of the human body, as well as the mind. Therefore, we need to make this time as comfortable as possible for a good night’s sleep. This is where fans come in.
Read on to find out more about sleeping fans and the best sleeping fans available in the market.
Types of Fans
- Ceiling Fans – Ceiling fan is a type of mechanical fan. It hangs from the ceiling with the help of a rod. The motor can run in clockwise as well as anticlockwise directions. Some ceiling fans may come with remote controls. This type of fan is the most durable.
- Window Fans – Window fans are designed to fit inside a window frame in a bedroom, kitchen, or even bathroom. It cools the room by flowing the cold outside air inside while exhausting the hot room from the room. The fan’s blades can rotate in two directions.
- Tower Fans – Tower Fans are all the rage nowadays. They go along well in modern homes and offer advanced features. They provide 90-degree oscillation as well as variable speed settings. Most tower fans come with a remote control system as well as an air filtration system. The design is slim and sleek and does not take up a lot of space.
- Pedestal Fans – Pedestal fans offer adjustable height for your ease and comfort. They offer much the same qualities as a tower fan but without the modern design. They provide 180-degree oscillation and a powerful flow of air. Pedestal fans are portable and durable.
- Bladeless Fans – Bladeless fans work like a vacuum cleaner. It works using a brushless DC motor. This noiseless fan sucks the room, and the mechanism inside this fan amplifies the air 15 to 18 times before blowing out.
- Table Fans – Table fans are the commonly used fans in offices and small areas. The small oscillating fans are perfect for one-person usage. It can be titled up and down to allow ease of use. It moves from side to side to provide you cool air from every angle.
Why You Need a Sleeping Fan
- No Sweating – The obvious benefit of sleeping fans is that it keeps you cool and sweat-free. This is especially necessary for hot and humid weather. According to science, we sleep better in a relatively cool room.
- Relatively Inexpensive way of Keeping Cool – Compared to window ACs and Central Cooling Systems, a fan is clearly a relatively inexpensive way of keeping your surroundings cool. They are a lot cheaper, and most fan varieties do not require a lot of maintenance.
- Creates White Noise – A lot of people agree that white noise is soothing and eases them into sleep. Fans create white noise due to their continuous motion. The white noise blocks out sudden variations in sounds.
- Ventilates and Gets Rid of Stale Air – The best thing about fans is that they get the air in the room moving. Because of this, the room becomes ventilated. Due to the continuous stirring of air, any stale air or bad smells in the room move out.
What to Look for in a Sleeping Fan
- Airflow – The first and foremost thing to consider when going fan shopping is the airflow it provides. Airflow is the amount of air the fan produces. The more the airflow, the better the cooling.
- Noise – In some cases, the clamor produced by some fans can very disturbing. Go for fans that don’t create a lot of noise for a comforting and restful night.
- Size – Consider the size of your room, your budget, the airflow you need as well as the amount of noise you are willing to tolerate. All these things factor in the size of the sleeping fan. Fans with bigger blades allow more airflow, but also produce more noise.
- Durability – Durability is one thing you need to consider before buying anything. Make sure that the fan is made of sturdy material as well as good quality machinery.
- Additional Features – Nowadays, a lot of fans come with additional features such as remote control systems, air filtration, air ionizer, etc. If you are spending money, better make sure you are getting as many features as you can.
Reviews: Best Best Fans for Sleeping
Reviewed down below are the best fans for a night of comfortable sleep.
- This personal fan is made of plastic and metal for a sturdy and long lasting fan.
- The imported sleeping fan offers a powerful airflow for a comforting night’s sleep.
- It allows for two speeds for ease of use.
- Chillout’s fan fits on desks, tabletops as well as nightstands.
- This product is ideal for homes and offices.
- This table fan provides cooling relief for a restful sleep during hot humid weather.
- It is designed for medium to large living areas.
- Hurricane’s fan offers a 3-speed setting that you can adjust according to your needs.
- It allows adjustable tilting.
- This high-velocity fan comes with a powerful motor to allow good airflow.
- The large diameter of the fan blades moves a lot of air to provide ventilation.
- It allows 3-speed settings and an adjustable tilt head.
- The 20inch blade diamter of this box fan moves the air and gets rid of any stale smells.
- It offers 3-speed settings to suit all your needs.
- This product comes with attached feet to provide extra stability.
- Holmes fan offers a removable front grill for easy cleaning.
- It offers a strong airflow for immediate access to fresh air.
- This fan offers four silent speed settings for optimum comfort at night.
- The oscillating fan head comes with five powerful blades and pivots up to 90-degrees.
- It comes with remote control for added convenience.
- This electric tower fan comes with optional oscillation and offers cool air almost immediately.
- It offers 3-speed settings and allows for a powerful breeze.
- Lasko’s fan comes with a built-in carry handle for easy portability.
- The built-in ionizer in this fan disperses negative ions into the air and removes dirt and allergen particles from the air.
- The Dreamweaver sleep fan is a unique sleeping fan, with the added benefit of offering pink noise along with sound blocking benefits.
- Pink noise offers a mix of high and low frequencies, which are more balanced and soothing than simple white noise.
- It also includes a USB Port for charging along with an auto-off timer with 1,2,4 and 8-hour settings.
- The fan controls include a touch-sensitive one-tap area with three fan speeds and four-light dimming settings as well as an ‘off’ option.
- It also features an on/off airflow shutter, pivot, and oscillation to allow you to direct airflow according to your needs.
- This pedestal sleeping fan comes equipped with a silent DC motor for quiet operation, making it especially ideal for nursing rooms as well as bedrooms.
- It is designed to be energy-efficient and saves up to 35% energy as compared to its counterparts.
- The fan offers 12-speed settings along with a 12-hour timer design to allow you to customize according to your requirements.
- The five high-quality blades boost the cooling effect when used in conjunction with an air conditioner.
- Whereas, the 85-degree oscillation angle and the 24-degree tilt angle extends the coverage to every corner of the room.
- It also offers a blue LED display, a remote control, and auto power-off functions, along with adjustable height and heavy-duty working.
- Voltage: 120 volts
- This personal sleep fan designed is compact and foldable, making it perfect for small areas such as bedside, desktops, and travel.
- It offers 2-speed settings and directable airflow to make it easy for you to customize according to your needs.
- This fan utilizes Vornado’s signature Vortex action for optimum air circulation, as well as translucent blades to make it seem fancy and stylish.
- It is certified, safety-tested, and comes with a 3-year warranty.
- This powerful sleeping fan is designed to offer maximum airflow and circulation to make your nights easy.
- The compact design saves space without compromising on the quality.
- It oscillates left and right and delivers six vertical tilt settings to allow you to direct the airflow wherever you want.
- The 3-speed settings make it possible to control airflow, covering up to 275 square feet of area.
Index Table: Top-Rated Fans for Sleeping
|1||Chillout GF-55 - Personal Fan for Sleeping||Chillout||98.9|
|2||Hurricane Portable - Table Fan for Sleeping||Hurricane||98.5|
|3||Patton PUF1810C-BM - High Velocity Fan for Sleeping||Patton||98.1|
|4||Holmes HBF2010AWM - White Sleeping Box Fan||Holmes||97.7|
|5||Rowenta Remote Control - Oscillating Fan for Sleeping||Rowenta||97.4|
|6||Lasko Portable - Wind Curve Electric Tower Fan||Lasko||97.1|
|7||Honeywell Dreamweaver - Sleep Fan||Honeywell||96.6|
|8||PELONIS Ultra Quiet - Sleeping Fan||PELONIS||96.3|
|9||Vornado FIT Personal - Air Circulator Sleep Fan||Vornado||95.9|
|10||Woozoo M18U - Circulating Fan for Sleeping||Woozoo||95.5|
Table of Contents
- Types of Fans
- Why You Need a Sleeping Fan
- What to Look for in a Sleeping Fan
- Reviews: Best Best Fans for Sleeping
- Chillout® GF-55 Personal Fan for Sleeping
- Hurricane® Portable Table Fan for Sleeping
- Patton® PUF1810C-BM High Velocity Fan for Sleeping
- Holmes® HBF2010AWM White Sleeping Box Fan
- Rowenta® Remote Control Oscillating Fan for Sleeping
- Lasko® Portable Wind Curve Electric Tower Fan
- Honeywell® Dreamweaver Sleep Fan
- PELONIS® Ultra Quiet Sleeping Fan
- Vornado® FIT Personal Air Circulator Sleep Fan
- Woozoo® M18U Circulating Fan for Sleeping
- Index Table: Top-Rated Fans for Sleeping