About to take the family overseas or for a long road trip?
Invest in a travel pillow for everyone, especially your children!
For more info on why you need kid’s travel pillows, different kinds of kids travel pillows and their best features, scroll down below.
3 Reasons Why You Ought To Get Kids Travel Pillows
Many adults benefit from travel pillows, but they’re not the only ones! There are three primary reasons why your child needs a travel pillow, particularly when traveling over long distances.
- Security – A travel pillow often provides the child with a sense of security. This is the most important when traveling in an unknown environment, like a plane or in a car where you’re driving and can’t stop to reassure your child. A travel pillow usually hugs the child’s body and gives a reassuring sense of security and safety.
- Comfort – Kids enjoy the extra comfort just like adults on those long journeys. Sitting for hours on end can become very uncomfortable for many and in the case of kids, this is often paired with a sense of restlessness.
- Support – Most seats in cars, on trains and airplanes are not tailored to a child’s anatomy. They are all made to cater for adults, which usually means that a child will lack back support when sitting in the chair. A travel pillow for kids will solve this problem, giving extra support where it’s required.
Different Kinds of Support for Your Kids
You get many different kinds of kids pillows, all of which offer unique kinds of support to your kids. The main focus for kids travel pillow support are:
- Chin Support – When sitting for long hours, a chin rest allows one to sleep while in this position. This prevents injuries such as whiplash from occurring or from your child’s head rolling to far backward or forward.
- Back Support – This is not always a concern, but occasionally you will need a back support pillow for your kids because of the seating in a plane or on the subway. Seats that are ergonomically shaped for an adult may cause posture damage to children over extended periods of time.
- Leg Support – This is one of the main concerns when travelling with young kids. Often their legs dangle over the edge of the seat, and the seat is too long for their bodies. This can lead to later back problems and other issues that cause pain as well as possibly severe medical conditions. A leg support travel pillow will keep their legs at the correct height so that their posture is preserved.
Features of a Good Kids Travel Pillow
Incorporating the following features into your kids travel pillow will make travel more fun and comfortable.
- Soft Material – Look for very soft materials, like microfiber, cotton or velvet when opting for kids travel pillow. This allows kids to feel more secure and comfortable.
- Medium Firmness – You don’t want a pillow that’s too hard or too soft for your children, but somewhere in between for perfect support and comfort.
- Relatable – A pillow that doubles up as a soft toy is far more relatable than a plain travel pillow. Particularly for young children, this can make traveling feel more fun and interactive, plus it’s like getting a present that they will cherish long after the journey!
- Portable – Make sure the pillow is portable or has a way to store itself that is compact. Some travel pillows can be deflated, others roll up easily, and many have ways to clip onto your luggage without taking up additional space.
- Non-Binding – It’s best to get kids-travel-pillow that doesn’t have a drawstring or anything that can get too tight for the child. Look for friendly, non-binding travel pillows that are easy to use to prevent your child from accidentally suffocating!
Reviews: Best Kids Travel Pillows
The following kids travel pillows are amongst the best available for online ordering.
- These adorable kids travel pillows are all shaped like soft fuzzy animals, making travel a fun, enjoyable and comforting experience for your children!
- Provides neck and head support on long journeys to distant lands, allowing your child to feel comfortable, safe and secure.
- Suitable for sensitive kids, the pillow uses a down-alternative filling that is entirely hypoallergenic.
- Made from eco-friendly recycled materials, helping to reduce waste and promote less harm to our environment.
- These pillows are machine washable and easy to keep clean.
- Available in 24 unique stuffed toy options, such as a puppy, fox, cat or owl.
- This travel pillow is available for both children and adults, doing a fantastic job at keeping your head in one place while sleeping in an upright position.
- The filling provides an ideal medium-firm softness, perfect for supporting your child while offering plush security.
- Other features of this fantastic travel pillow include being anti-bacterial, mildew resistant and incredibly durable.
- You can wash the pillow in the washing machine without fear of pilling, and it also dries very quickly.
- Comes with a snap strap, making it easy to hang dry or attach to your luggage when on the move.
- Nido Nest’s kids travel pillow companions are a good choice when it comes to journeying with your little ones.
- Available in 5 different options, your child can choose if they would like an owl, a bee, a ladybug, a frog or a pig pillow.
- The cover is removable for convenient laundering, as the manufacturers understand that kids can get messy.
- Filled with microbeads for the best support, holding the head up without pushing it forward or letting it roll back.
- Easily attachable to your travel bag by employing a non-binding snap tie in the front of the U shaped pillow.
- These travel pillows are great for supporting and comforting young kids around the ages of 4 and up.
- Filled with gentle microbeads to keep the head up and allowing the chin to rest comfortably, these travel pillows provide the right support for your children.
- Covered with an incredibly soft fabric, your kids will fall asleep in no time and feel very secure.
- No binding ties or drawstrings to close this travel pillow – just connect the two sides via the hidden magnets!
- Available in 7 different stuffed animal toy options, including a fox, a lion, and a dinosaur.
- Here is a travel pillow that every young child needs for adequate leg support, particularly when boarding a flight.
- The pillow is inflatable and at its full density, assumes a rectangular shape that is at the perfect height with the seat to allow for kids to rest their legs.
- One can deflate the pillow when not in use, making it highly portable and easy to store without losing it.
- The pillow also allows children to spread out entirely and go to sleep without needing to sit upright to do so.
- Not suitable for use on the following airlines regarding seating dimensions: Qantas, Emirates, Air Canada, Air NZ and Air France.
Index Table: Top Rated Kids Travel Pillows
|1||Critter Piller Kid's Neck Pillow - Non-Binding Neck Pillow Soft Toys for Kids||Critter Piller||97|
|2||BCOZZY Chin Support Pillow - Soft Kids Chin Support Travel Pillow||BCOZZY||98|
|3||Nido Nest U Shaped Pillow - U Shaped Kids Travel Pillow||Nido Nest||96|
|4||Trunki Fun Kids Travel Pillows - Donut Shaped Kids Travel Pillows||Trunki||97|
|5||1st Class Kid Leg Rest Pillow - Square Leg Rest Travel Pillow for Kids||1st Class Kid||97|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- 3 Reasons Why You Ought To Get Kids Travel Pillows
- Different Kinds of Support for Your Kids
- Features of a Good Kids Travel Pillow
- Reviews: Best Kids Travel Pillows
- Critter Piller® Kid's Neck Pillow Non-Binding Neck Pillow Soft Toys for Kids
- BCOZZY® Chin Support Pillow Soft Kids Chin Support Travel Pillow
- Nido Nest® U Shaped Pillow U Shaped Kids Travel Pillow
- Trunki® Fun Kids Travel Pillows Donut Shaped Kids Travel Pillows
- 1st Class Kid® Leg Rest Pillow Square Leg Rest Travel Pillow for Kids
- Index Table: Top Rated Kids Travel Pillows