When you need good back support and pain relief a lumbar pillow may be just what you need, particularly for lower back and spinal support.
Lumbar pillows can provide so much comfort and pain relief, why not invest in a smaller, more compact traveling size lumbar pillow as well to have comfort at your fingertips wherever you are.
What is a Lumbar Pillow
There are so many benefits to a Lumbar Support Cushion or Pillow, here are only a few;
- Sitting For Long Periods of Time – One of the top benefits of a Lumbar Pillow is to provide spinal relief and support as well as back supp[ort for individuals who sit for long periods of time. You office chair or the chair at home where you spend many hours in may not offer you the back support that you need and may also cause damage to your spine because of improper posture. A Lumbar Pillow will ensure you have the correct posture and support to prevent fatigue, and pain in your back and lumbar area as well as your neck and shoulders.
Comfort In Your Car – When you drive for long distances, or are the road most of your day, investing in a good lumbar pillow, particularly a travel size one may be just what you need. Car seats are not designed to provide the best support and can cause back pain and body pain, as well as improper spinal support. A good travel-sized lumbar pillow that fits your car seat will provide you with comfort and support as well as help to fight pain and fatigue caused by long hours on the road.
In your Bed – If you like to sit up and read or watch television in your bed, a lumbar support pillow will help to support you back and spine and provide a comfortable seating position.
Nursing Mothers – Nursing mothers know that nursing a baby can take some time, and sometimes not in the most comfortable positions. Having a good lumber pillow at hand when you need it, particularly a travel-sized pillow can help to alleviate strain from your back and lumbar area and give you and your baby a more comfortable and calming bonding space.
How a Lumbar Pillow Works
A Lumbar Support Pillow is designed to improve your posture and to give you the most comfortable seated position. A Lumbar Pillow is useful whether to have pain in your back or not and is a healthy and good accessory to have when you tend to sit for long periods of time.
Once you have your Lumbar Pillow you might want to know how to enjoy its full effects. Well, its so easy to use, but should be used properly for it to perform its full function. If you are seated in your chair you will place your Lumbar support Pillow vertically across the back of the chair making sure it fits against the lower part of your back.
Many models come with a strap that can be tied around your chair to keep it from slipping. Your lumbar Pillow should keep your head, shoulders, and hips in perfect alignment when you are seated to maintain the natural curvature of your spine. Make sure to place it just below the curve of your back to keep your posture straight.
A travel lumbar Pillow usually comes in a smaller and more compact size or with a carry bag and/ or handles for easy portability.
Features of a Good Lumbar Travel Pillow
- Size – the correct size to fit the chairs or car seat that you are going to be using, yet still compact enough, or even foldable for easy transport and portability.
Materail – Strong and durable cover and a firm and supportive memory foam, gel or foam fill.
Washable – The cover should be removable and washable.
Closure – Look for secure closure on the pillowcase or cover such as a zipper which is your best option.
Durability – Make sure that the design is durable and good quality.
Portability – Portability features such as a carry bag, handles or foldability will come in handy in any travel Lumbar Pillow or Cushion.
Reviews: The Best Lumbar Travel Pillows
Here are some of our top picks in Lumbar travel pillows for you to choose from;
The Viteps lumbar support pillow is versatile and portable, as well as available in a range of color options to choose from.
- A natural and ergonomic shape to easy and relieve back pain and tension.
- Filled with premium memory foam that aligns your hips back and spine.
- Very durable and high quality materials used.
- Available in many colors to choose from.
- Will fit almost any type of chair and has a small portable design for traveling.
The Relax Support Lumbar Pillow is available in different firmness options and can be used on your office chair, sofa and even the car seat for full lumbar support.
- Excellent lumbar and lower back support and pain relief.
- Filled with premium memory foam, and you can choose between a medium, firm or soft loft.
- Fits any type of chair including your car seat and sofa chair.
- Small and compact so you can take it anywhere you go.
- Available in a few different color options.
One of your best Lumbar Pillow options when it comes to portability is the AirComfy with its very handy travel bag and inflatable design.
- Offers comfortable support and pain relief.
- You can adjust the size to be firm or soft according to your personal preferences.
- Inflatable design that deflates to be more compact and fits in its included carry bag for traveling and portability.
- Ideal to use in a car or plane for lumbar support and comfort.
The ThermaRest is a Die-Cut foam self inflating small and compact Lumbar support pillow that offers dense lateral support and comfort.
- Available in a blue or purple color variation to choose from.
- Offer full lumbar and Dense Lateral support.
- Completely Self Inflatable design.
- Filled with Comfy dense Die-Cut Foam.
- Covered in a durable and comfortable polyester cover.
- Small and compact making it ideal for traveling.
The Samsonite Half Moon is a highly innovative and supportive soft foam Lumbar support pillow with a portable design and adjustable straps.
- Offers exceptional comfort and support to align your spine, improve your posture and reduce pain.
- Comes with a removable soft plush cover that is fully washable and reusable.
- There are adjustability straps to fit your lumbar pillow to any chair of your choice.
- Easy to travel with and offers superb support on any seat type.
- Features moldable foam that eventually takes on the contours of your body.
- Highly durable design from the finest quality materials.
Index Table: Top Rated Lumbar Travel Pillows
|1||Viteps Support - Lumbar Travel Pillow||Viteps||96|
|2||Relax Support RS1 - Lumbar Support Travel Pillow||Relax Support||97|
|3||AirComfy Inflatable - Lumbar Travel Pillow and Bag||AirComfy||98|
|4||Thermarest Travel - Lumbar Travel Pillow||Thermarest||98|
|5||Samsonite Half Moon - Supportive Lumbar Travel Pillow||Samsonite||98|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- What is a Lumbar Pillow
- How a Lumbar Pillow Works
- Features of a Good Lumbar Travel Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Lumbar Travel Pillows
- Viteps® Support Lumbar Travel Pillow
- Relax Support® RS1 Lumbar Support Travel Pillow
- AirComfy® Inflatable Lumbar Travel Pillow and Bag
- Thermarest® Travel Lumbar Travel Pillow
- Samsonite® Half Moon Supportive Lumbar Travel Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Lumbar Travel Pillows