Looking for a smooth, easy-to-clean pillowcase for your travel pillow? Have no fear; a solution is near!
In this buyer’s guide, we have compiled information about the best travel pillowcase fabrics, different types of travel pillows, shapes, and the best features of travel pillowcases. Happy hunting!
Table of Contents
- Softest Travel Pillow Cover Materials For Your Journey
- Different Types of Travel Pillows & Cases
- Features of a Good Travel Pillow Case
- Reviews: Top Travel Pillow Cases
- ABLifestyle® Travel Pillow Case Traditional Brown Travel Pillow Cover
- Master Massage® U-Pillow Cases 100% Pure Cotton U-Shaped Travel Pillow Cases
- Alex Orthopedic Inc® Cervical Pillow Covers Pack of Two Roll Neck Pillow Cases
- Malouf® Z Travel Pillow Cover Replacement Pillow Cover for Z Travel Pillows
- The Pillowcase® Travel Toddler Size Travle Pillowcase
- Allerease® Toddler Travel Pillowcase
- TillYou® 2 Pack Toddler Size Travel Pillow Cases
- Beddingstar® Natural Eqyptian Cotton Travel Pillow Case
- Precious Star® Linen Travel Pillow Case
- NTBay® Satin Toddler Sized Travel Pillowcase
- Comparison Table: Best Travel Pillow Cases
Softest Travel Pillow Cover Materials For Your Journey
If your travel pillow is covered in one or a combo of these materials, it’ll make all the difference!
- Cotton – 100% pure natural cotton feels like a dream on the skin and allows the skin to breathe. Moreover, cotton wears well and can be washed very easily, often able to remove all stains.
- Silk – Silk feels utterly luxurious, but it does not have a very long life. A silk pillowcase is a superior choice to any other fiber, as silk is natural, breathable, and hypoallergenic. If you want your silk pillow cover to last long, look after it well and ensure it’s blended with nylon or something more durable.
- Bamboo – Bamboo emulates cotton and is a lot more environmentally friendly! Durable, breathable, and soft to the touch, there is nothing not to love about a bamboo pillowcase.
- Polyester – Polyester is a name given to a blend of synthetic fibers. Often polyester lasts the longest of all pillow covers and is usually just as soft as cotton.
Different Types of Travel Pillows & Cases
Travel pillows come in all shapes and sizes, as do their cases. Here is a brief list of the most common travel pillows that require travel pillowcases:
- U-Shaped Neck Travel Pillow – The standard U-shaped travel pillow is one of the most popular choices for those traveling abroad. The pillow wraps around the neck, allowing the head to rest on almost all sides.
- Cervical Neck Roll Pillow – A cervical neck pillow takes on a cylinder shape and is essentially a roll of stuffing placed between your neck and the seat. These are great for those who need lumbar support, as they can often double as great lumbar pillows.
- Ordinary Travel Pillow – An ordinary travel pillow looks like an ordinary bed pillow. They usually provide full back support but can be used in multiple travel applications. Children may prefer these as they are large enough to cuddle and feel more at home.
- Memory Foam Travel Pillow – Memory foam and other foam travel pillows often have contoured shapes, making them difficult to buy covers for. Companies may sell replacement covers for their foam travel pillows, or you may have to settle for a tight squeeze!
Features of a Good Travel Pillow Case
These features make some of the best travel pillow characteristics, allowing you to enjoy your journey safely and soundly!
- Zipper – A zipper means that the pillowcase will remain securely on the pillow and that it can come off easily to be washed. This is also a good idea if you have a few pillows made with different padding and want to move the cover around.
- Hypoallergenic – Look for a hypoallergenic pillow cover if anyone in the family has allergies or chemical sensitivities. These pillows will cause little to no reactions.
- Machine Washable – A machine-washable travel pillow is the cream of the crop in the modern world. Nobody enjoys spot-cleaning their things! Instead, remove the cover and toss it in the wash.
- Breathability – If the cover is not breathable, it will create unnecessary heat and sweat. This is very uncomfortable, particularly on a long trip, and can lead to blisters.
- Lightweight – It’s important that all parts of a travel pillow are lightweight, including the cover. You want to stay caught up before boarding your flight because you exceeded the weight limit!
Reviews: Top Travel Pillow Cases
A list of a few of the best travel pillowcases is reviewed for convenience. Click your pick!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This travel pillow cover from the Mainstays collection is made from breathable and hypoallergenic soft polyester.
- Measuring 20 by 15 inches, the pillowcase is designed for a small to medium-sized travel pillow.
- This pillow covering will protect your travel pillow well, being the right color to avoid any apparent stains.
- The zipper on the cover makes it easy to take on and off to keep it clean and fresh every time you travel.
- Machine washable for easy and convenient care.
- This pillowcase is exceptionally lightweight.
- These cotton U-shaped pillowcases are ideal for travel and use in chiropractor or masseuse treatment rooms.
- Made from 100% pure cotton for ultimate softness, breathability, and comfort, these pillowcases will work for everyone.
- Hypoallergenic pillowcases are ideal for those who suffer from allergies, respiratory problems, or chemical sensitivities.
- The construction uses reinforced seams and is already preshrunk, making it durable and not a fuss about looking after.
- One may wash these in the washing machine and dry them in the tumble drier.
- Comes in a pack of 6.
- This cervical travel neck pillow cover is ideal for all roll pillows measuring seven by 17 inches.
- Choose between the best polyester-cotton blend or silk for a luxurious travel experience, feeling comfortable and soft at the same time.
- Both materials are breathable and can be taken off the pillow smoothly to keep the pillow and covers clean.
- Machine washable, the coverslips off and can be tossed into your laundry to be washed with the rest of your clothes.
- These pillowcases are both hypoallergenic, making them suitable for sensitive skin.
- These pillowcases were specially made to cover Z travel pillows but may work if your travel pillow is 15.75 x 11.75 x 4 inches.
- The fabric is made from eco-friendly bamboo rayon velour and was designed to be ultra-soft and fuzzy.
- Safe to use in the washing machines and the tumble drier for optimal convenience.
- The fabric is breathable and hypoallergenic, promoting decent sleep while you wait on your journey.
- Includes a zipper on the side of the pillow so you can easily remove it.
- Look after your Z travel pillow, and rest assured, knowing you can always get a replacement to cover it!
- A soft and breathable hypoallergenic Pillowcase ideal for travel.
- The smaller toddler size fits most toddler pillows or smaller travel-sized pillows.
- It comes in a variety of soft neutral, and pastel color selections.
- A 500-thread count sateen woven cotton that is extremely soft and durable.
The Allerease travel pillowcase is safe and breathable and comes in a set of 2.
- Smooth and comfortable anti-allergy Pillowcase.
- It comes in a set of two with many colors and pattern options.
- Ideal for travel sizes.
- An envelope closure side, so there are no nasty zips.
From AB Lifestyles, we have a 100% cotton travel pillow cover.
- Made in the USA from 100% pure cotton.
- Breathable and durable.
- It comes in a pack of two pillowcases.
- Ideal for traveling.
- Small Toddler Pillow size Pillowcase is available in many color selections.
This is a top brand and model in Egyptian cotton travel pillowcases.
- Egyptian cotton is the best type of cotton available and is highly durable, soft, and breathable.
- It comes in a set of two pillowcases.
- Many color options to consider.
- Ideal for traveling; super soft and comfortable.
- A soft and durable Egyptian Cotton Pillowcase designed for travel Pillows.
- Available in a variety of sizes and color options to choose from.
- Egyptian cotton is of the finest and highest quality cotton types.
- Breathable soft, and extremely durable.
- A satin-soft Pillow cover in toddler size, which is ideal for smaller travel-sized pillows.
- Available in many color options to choose from.
- Easy to care for and machine washable.
- Soft Matte satin feels also helps to reduce facial creases and wrinkles and keep your hair healthy.