Looking for a smooth, easy-to-clean pillow case for your travel pillow? Have no fear; a solution is near! In this buyer’s guide, we have compiled information about the best travel pillow case fabrics, different types of travel pillows and shapes, as well as the best features of travel pillow cases. Happy hunting!
Softest Travel Pillow Cover Materials For Your Journey
If your travel pillow is covered in one or a combo of these materials, it’ll make all the difference!
- Cotton – 100% pure natural cotton feels like a dream on the skin and allows the skin to breathe. Moreover, cotton wears well and can be washed very easily, often able to remove all stains.
- Silk – Silk feels utterly luxurious, but it does not have a very long life. Having a silk pillow case is a superior choice when compared to any other fiber, as silk is natural, breathable and hypoallergenic. If you want your silk pillow cover to last long, look after it well and make sure it’s blended with nylon or something more durable.
- Bamboo – Bamboo emulates cotton and is a lot more environmentally friendly! Durable, breathable and soft to the touch, there is nothing not to love about a bamboo pillow case.
- Polyester – Polyester is a name given to a blend of synthetic fibers. Often polyester lasts the longest of all pillow covers and is usually just as soft as cotton.
Different Types of Travel Pillows & Cases
Travel pillows come in all shapes and sizes, as do their cases. Here is a brief list of the most common travel pillows that require travel pillow cases:
- U-Shaped Neck Travel Pillow – The standard U-shaped travel pillow is one of the most popular choices for those traveling abroad. The pillow wraps around the neck, allowing for the head to rest on almost all sides.
- Cervical Neck Roll Pillow – A cervical neck pillow takes on a cylinder shape and is essentially a roll of stuffing placed between your neck and the seat. These are great for those who need lumbar support too, as they can often double as great lumbar pillows.
- Ordinary Travel Pillow – An ordinary travel pillow looks like an ordinary bed pillow. They usually provide full back support but can be used in multiple travel applications. Children may prefer these as they are large enough to cuddle and feel more like home.
- Memory Foam Travel Pillow – Memory foam and other foam travel pillows often have contoured shapes, making them difficult to buy covers for. Companies may sell replacement covers for their foam travel pillows, or you may have to settle for a tight squeeze!
Best Travel Pillow Case Features
These features make some of the best travel pillow characteristics, allowing you to enjoy your journey safely and soundly!
- Zipper – A zipper means that the pillowcase will remain securely on the pillow and that it can come off easily to be washed. This is also a good idea if you have a few pillows made with different padding and want to move the cover around.
- Hypoallergenic – Look for a hypoallergenic pillow cover if anyone in the family has allergies or chemical sensitivities. These pillows will cause little to no reactions.
- Machine Washable – A machine washable travel pillow is the cream of the crop in the modern world. Nobody enjoys spot cleaning their things! Instead just remove the cover and toss it in the wash.
- Breathability – If the cover is not breathable, it will create unnecessary heat and perspiration. This is very uncomfortable, particularly on a long trip and can lead to blisters.
- Lightweight – It’s important that all parts of a travel pillow are lightweight, including the cover. You don’t want to leave anything behind before boarding your flight because you went over the weight limit!
Reviews: Top Travel Pillow Cases
A list of a few of the best travel pillow cases reviewed for your convenience. Click your pick!
- This travel pillow cover from the Mainstays collection is made from a soft polyester that is breathable and hypoallergenic.
- Measuring at 20 by 15 inches, the pillowcase is designed for a small to medium sized travel pillow.
- This pillow covering will protect your travel pillow very well, being the right color to avoid any apparent stains.
- The zipper on the cover makes it easy to take on and off so that you can keep it clean and fresh for every time you travel.
- Machine washable for easy and convenient care.
- This pillow case is exceptionally lightweight.
- These cotton U-shaped pillow cases are ideal for both travel and for use in chiropractor or masseuse treatment rooms.
- Made from 100% pure cotton for ultimate softness, breathability, and comfort, these pillowcases will work for everyone.
- Hypoallergenic, the pillowcases are ideal for those who suffer from allergies, respiratory problems or chemical sensitivities.
- The construction makes use of reinforced seams and is already preshrunk, making it durable and not a fuss to look after.
- One may wash these in the washing machine as well as dry them in the tumble drier.
- Comes in a pack of 6.
- This cervical travel neck pillow cover is ideal for all roll pillows that measure 7 by 17 inches in size.
- Choose between the best polyester-cotton blend or silk for a luxurious travel experience, feeling comfortable and soft at the same time.
- Both materials are breathable and can be taken off the pillow smoothly to keep the pillow and covers clean.
- Machine washable, the cover slips off and can be tossed into your laundry to be washed with the rest of your clothes.
- These pillow cases are both hypoallergenic, making them suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- These pillow cases were especially made to cover Z travel pillows but may work if your travel pillow is 15.75 x 11.75 x 4 inches.
- The fabric is made from eco-friendly bamboo rayon velour and was designed to be ultra soft and fuzzy.
- Safe to use in the washing machines as well as the tumble drier for optimal convenience.
- The fabric is breathable and hypoallergenic, promoting a decent sleep while you wait on your journey.
- Includes a zipper on the side of the pillow so that you can remove it with ease.
- Look after your Z travel pillow and rest assured knowing you can always get a replacement to cover it!
- Made in the US, these travel pillows rest between flat and full, being extremely soft and comfortable to lean on.
- While these travel pillows are seemingly bigger than most, they are lightweight and in fact easy to store on your flight.
- Covered in a breathable, soft pillow-case, you never need to worry about getting too hot or sweating on the way.
- The pillow case is removable and machine washable, protecting your pillow with easy maintenance in mind.
- Hypoallergenic, kids and sensitive adults alike truly love this travel pillow, taking it everywhere they go!
Comparison Table: Best Travel Pillow Cases
|1||Mainstay Travel Pillow Case - Traditional Brown Travel Pillow Cover||Mainstay||97|
|2||Master Massage U-Pillow Cases - 100% Pure Cotton U-Shaped Travel Pillow Cases||Master Massage||98|
|3||Alex Orthopedic Inc Cervical Pillow Covers - Pack of Two Roll Neck Pillow Cases||Alex Orthopedic Inc||94|
|4||Malouf Z Travel Pillow Cover - Replacement Pillow Cover for Z Travel Pillows||Malouf||95|
|5||ZadisonJaxx Travel Pillow & Case - Soft Travel Pillow With Removable Case||ZadisonJaxx||97|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Softest Travel Pillow Cover Materials For Your Journey
- Different Types of Travel Pillows & Cases
- Best Travel Pillow Case Features
- Reviews: Top Travel Pillow Cases
- Mainstay® Travel Pillow Case Traditional Brown Travel Pillow Cover
- Master Massage® U-Pillow Cases 100% Pure Cotton U-Shaped Travel Pillow Cases
- Alex Orthopedic Inc® Cervical Pillow Covers Pack of Two Roll Neck Pillow Cases
- Malouf® Z Travel Pillow Cover Replacement Pillow Cover for Z Travel Pillows
- ZadisonJaxx® Travel Pillow & Case Soft Travel Pillow With Removable Case
- Comparison Table: Best Travel Pillow Cases