We have all heard of the tooth fairy in our childhood.
Folklore about tooth fairies is common in our cultures and traditions, dating back millennia. It is a source of comfort for children while they are growing up.
Please scroll down to find out the origin of the tooth fairy, the myths surrounding it, and the best tooth fairy pillows for your little ones!
Tooth Fairy: Origin and Myths
- Origin – The tooth Fairy is a fantasy figure that originated in Western culture. In Folklore, children put their broken teeth under the pillow, which the tooth fairy takes away at night, leaving behind a small payment. This tradition is practiced in many cultures.
- Norse Myths – Myths associated with tooth fairies go back a millennium. In Norse tradition, baby teeth were buried to spare the children’s hardship in the next life.
- European Tradition – In Europe, the custom of Tand-fé or Tooth fee was practiced for a child’s first broken tooth. The reward varied by the country and the family’s economic status.
- Viking Culture – Vikings paid their children for their teeth and other items to take with them for good luck in battle. Scandinavians hung a string of their children’s teeth around their necks for protection.
- Pop Culture – In recent years, the tooth fairy has appeared in plays, comics, cartoons, movies, and lore about fairies.
Oral Hygiene and Tooth Health
- Brush at least twice every day – To keep your teeth clean and your gums healthy, teach your children to brush at least twice a day, preferably at night before sleeping and in the morning after breakfast.
- Stay Away from Sweets – Eating sugary sweet things can cause germs and bacteria in the mouth. These bacteria can slowly eat the teeth and leave them hollow and black. To prevent this, keep your children away from sweet junk food that is bad for your teeth and health.
- Floss – Develop the habit of flossing early on. Gently slide in the floss between each tooth and along the gumline.
Related Articles on Kids Pillows
- The Best Pillows for Babies
- Best Kids Sleeping Bags with a Pillow
- Unicorn Pillows
- Wedge Pillow for Baby
- Cute Pillows for Girls
- Pillows for Toddlers
- Crib Bumper Pads
Ideas for Homemade Tooth Fairy Pillows
- Tooth Fairy Pillow – Tooth fairy pillows can be easily made at home using some cloth and embroidery floss. It is better if you know how to sew and embroider a neat-looking pillow.
- Tooth Fairy Door Hanging – A tooth fairy pillow hanging on the door is easier to access for the tooth fairy than a tiny tooth hiding under the child’s pillow. Just attach a looped cord to your tooth fairy pillow to hang it on the door.
Reviews: Best Tooth Fairy Pillows for Boys and Girls
Below are the best tooth fairy pillows for boys and girls and some cool ones that either can use.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This tooth fairy pillow from Morxy will demand attention from everyone, making it an exciting tooth holder for tooth fairy for boys and girls.
- It has a back pocket and an adorable design and will quickly become your child’s favorite.
- This baby keepsake pillow is touch-smooth, skin-soft, and made from natural linen filled for plushness, which is why it is very cuddly yet durable.
- This product is big enough to sleep on.
- The back pocket is sized appropriately so the tooth fairy can leave money inside.
- The royal blue velvet purse and golden yellow crown bring luxury to your child’s experience.
- The tooth fairy can easily slide a letter or money into the wide pocket sleeve on the back of the tooth pillow.
- It may be hung wherever on the bed or bedroom door with the attached thread, making it ideal for baby decor.
- This tooth fairy crown tooth cushion doubles as a pillow for youngsters and a baby keepsake box! It’s a great tooth fairy present for both boys and girls.
- Made of high-quality crystal elastic material that is both sturdy and flexible. It will last from the first to the last lost tooth.
- The embroidered tooth-shaped pillow is made of high-quality soft felt and designed especially for sweet girls.
- It features a back pocket with a velcro closure to offer a safe place for your child’s tooth and the money from the tooth fairy.
- The Tickle & Main tooth fairy kit has a bright and fun notepad. It is designed to document the tooth loss experience and the option of writing a note to the tooth fairy.
- The pillow pocket is designed to fit the tooth and note perfectly.
- The keepsake pouch can hold a small photograph of your child, and you can keep the notes and teeth inside as well as keepsakes. A golden ribbon secures the bag.
- This product comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- This Rainbow mane-designed tooth fairy pillow is handmade in the USA with love for your children.
- Bunnies and Bows tooth fairy pillow kit comes with a unicorn pillow, tooth fairy dust, and a poem.
- The pillow comes with a small pocket where you can put the broken tooth and hold the money left behind by the tooth fairy.
- It comes in a convenient size of 6.5″ x 6.5″ x 3″, which is suitable even for sleeping.
- The unicorn rainbow mane design is specially made, keeping adorable little sweet girls in mind.
- This tooth fairy cushion rocket pillow is designed for girls and boys; everyone loves this cool design.
- The beautiful embroidery on this rocket cushion says “Tooth Blast Off!” on the front to promote the idea that the tooth-losing experience is fun.
- The rocket design tooth fairy cushion comes with a front pocket for the lost tooth and the reward left by the tooth fairy.
- It has a special cord to make it suitable as a door hanging and on the bed. Whatever your little one likes!
- This tooth fairy rocket cushion is approximately 15 X 16 X 5 cm.
- Everyone loves dragons! This Drake the Dragon fairy pillow is loved by both girls and boys.
- The Maison Chic dragon pillow comes with a pocket for the lost tooth and the treasure you get in return.
- This pillow allows for spot cleaning as it is designed, keeping in mind the nature of children.
- It is filled with cotton and polyester to provide cushion and softness.
- Drake the Dragon is 9″ tall and made for kids aged 5-12.
- This tooth fairy pillow is made with 100% cotton for a soft and smooth finish.
- It is boutique quality and designed especially as a gift for little girls, with a clever tooth pocket to hold both tooth and treasure.
- The pillow is handmade with love in the USA using high-quality materials such as premium Grosgrain ribbons.
- It has a decorative ribbon to allow easy hanging wherever you want.
- This specialized gift set is for little girls and boys to make their tooth fairy experience more magical.
- It includes a shiny gold coin to serve as treasurer, a velvet keepsake bag to put the treasure in, and a beautiful tooth fairy pillow.
- The 9-Inch pillow also features a back pouch to place in the lost tooth for safekeeping.
- The award-winning author of “The Original Story of the Tooth Fairy” designed the gold coin to work as a premium quality collective gift.
- This pillow features a hand-knitted Unicorn face and horn, and its red, bright bow works as the perfect tooth fairy pillow for unicorn lovers.
- It comes with a special “Tooth Report Card” to make their experience more memorable.
- The tooth fairy pillow also provides two keepsake pouches, one at the back and one separate, for the lost tooth and the treasure the tooth fairy leaves behind.
- It comes filled with a soft material to make it comfortable for children.
- This tooth fairy pillow is a beautiful pink color, designed especially for little girls and boys who love the color.
- It comes with a small pocket at the top for holding the lost tooth and the treasure given by the tooth fairy.
- The pink satin bow is sewn on and helps to hang it wherever you wish.
- It comes with a Polyester Satin cover and Polyester stuffing.
Index Table: Top-Rated Tooth Fairy Pillows for Boys and Girls
|1||Morxy Tooth Fairy - Dinosaur Tooth Pillow||Morxy||98.7|
|2||Lullaby comfort Velvet - Tooth Fairy Pillow with a Pouch Tooth Holder||Lullaby comfort||98.4|
|3||Tickle & Main 3 Piece - Tooth Fairy Girls Pillow Kit||Tickle & Main||98.1|
|4||Bunnies and Bows Rainbow Mane - Girls Unicorn Tooth Fairy Pillow||Bunnies and Bows||97.6|
|5||Floss & Rock Cushion - Unisex Tooth Fairy Cushion Rocket||Floss & Rock||97.3|
|6||Maison Chic Dragon - Drake the Dragon Tooth Fairy Pillow||Maison Chic||96.9|
|7||Tooth Fairy Pillow Shop Girl's Lilac - Tooth Fairy Pillow||Tooth Fairy Pillow Shop||96.5|
|8||Bizzy Bees Gift Set - Tooth Fairy Pillow||Bizzy Bees||96.2|
|9||Bambini & Me Unicorn Themed - Tooth Fairy Pillow||Bambini & Me||95.8|
|10||Lillian Rose Bow Design - Tooth Fairy Pillow||Lillian Rose||95.4|
Table of Contents
- Tooth Fairy: Origin and Myths
- Oral Hygiene and Tooth Health
- Related Articles on Kids Pillows
- Ideas for Homemade Tooth Fairy Pillows
- Reviews: Best Tooth Fairy Pillows for Boys and Girls
- Morxy® Tooth Fairy Dinosaur Tooth Pillow
- Lullaby comfort® Velvet Tooth Fairy Pillow with a Pouch Tooth Holder
- Tickle & Main® 3 Piece Tooth Fairy Girls Pillow Kit
- Bunnies and Bows® Rainbow Mane Girls Unicorn Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Floss & Rock® Cushion Unisex Tooth Fairy Cushion Rocket
- Maison Chic® Dragon Drake the Dragon Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Tooth Fairy Pillow Shop® Girl's Lilac Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Bizzy Bees® Gift Set Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Bambini & Me® Unicorn Themed Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Lillian Rose® Bow Design Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Index Table: Top-Rated Tooth Fairy Pillows for Boys and Girls