Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
A wedge pillow for a baby is a great way to help your child sleep better. It props up their head and neck to keep them from rolling onto their stomach, which can be dangerous when sleeping.
This article will cover the best pillows, how to use them properly, and why they are so important. Keep reading to find out more!
Table of Contents
- Wedge Pillow for Baby: Types and Usage
- Benefits of Wedge Pillow for Baby
- FDA Warning for Baby Wedge Pillows
- Reviews: Best Wedge Pillow for Baby
- Index Table: Top-Rated Wedge Pillow for Baby
Wedge Pillow for Baby: Types and Usage
- What It Is – A Sleep Positioner is a cushioned device for babies to provide comfortable sleep. It is usually used for infants aged six months or younger. It has many shapes, and some special positioners are made for medical conditions.
- Wedge-Shaped Positioners – This positioner shape is ideal for babies experiencing acid reflux, stomach congestion, or apnea. It eases breathing and decreases milk reflux by elevating the baby’s head 30 degrees or more.
- Bolster Positioners – This sleep positioner has a two-sided roll design to prevent babies from turning over on their stomachs. The side rolls stay above the shoulders to prevent accidental suffocation.
- Nest Positioners – This positioner is most suited for infants that co-sleep with their parents. It is a firm mesh fabric over the baby’s head and shoulder area to prevent the parents from getting dangerously close to the baby in their sleep.
- Combination Positioner – This latest design comes with memory foam in the center to cushion the baby’s head and side rolls to prevent turning over. It allows for the proper shaping of the head.
Benefits of Wedge Pillow for Baby
Wedge Pillows are the most common types of sleep positioners used. Like everything, sleep positioners have a long list of pros and cons. I’ve talked about the benefits of wedge pillows below.
- Acid Reflux and Digestion – Wedge Pillows keep the head elevated, helping the baby keep the milk down. This reduces the chances of acid reflux. This also helps the baby to digest the milk quicker and easier. Once the milk is digested, there is no chance of milk spit-up.
- Nasal Congestion – The wedge pillows allow gravity to drain the sinus passages, reducing nasal congestion and easing breathing.
- Better Sleep Quality – Once the baby is free of any troubles such as acid reflux, stomach or nasal congestion, and ease of breathing, the baby sleeps better and rests peacefully.
- Round Head Shape – Most wedge pillows are designed to promote the round development of a baby’s head instead of a flat shape from sleeping on flat surfaces.
FDA Warning for Baby Wedge Pillows
The U.S Food and Drug Administration Authority warned about sleep positioners because of their risk.
- Risk of Suffocation – Some suffocation cases have occurred due to sleep positioners. This happens when the baby’s face is pressed against the side rolls of the sleep positioners.
- Risk of Getting Trapped – The baby may also get trapped between the side rolls and the crib walls. This may cause distress, and the situation could become dire without immediate assistance from the parents.
- Must be Labeled a Medical Device – The FDA only allows for sleep positioners that manufacturers claim to be medical devices. The product must be labeled, packaged, or advertised to cure, mitigate, treat, prevent, or reduce a disease or condition or its symptoms.
Reviews: Best Wedge Pillow for Baby
I’ve looked down below for the most suitable wedge pillows for infants.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This wedge pillow for baby and new mommy is all needed for a comfortable feeding time.
- It features a synthetic down material that is sufficiently plush to comfort the baby and sturdy to create an elevation.
- The materials are allergy-free and safe for both mother and child.
- The 100% guaranteed cotton cover is also removable. Therefore you can maintain good hygiene and get rid of all those milk stains quickly.
- Nevertheless, the pillow is multipurpose and can be used on a sitting chair, as a headrest, and wherever you need comfortable cushioning.
- This product provides the optimum elevation to the baby’s head, chest, and stomach.
- The wedge pillow helps the baby with acid reflux, milk spitting, and stomach and nose congestion.
- The pillow eases the baby into the transition from bassinet to crib.
- It is absolutely lightweight and hence easily portable.
- The polyester padded side rails provide all-around protection to the baby.
- The 3D polymer material filler is safe for the baby’s sensitive skin.
- Moreover, the outer cover is washable.
- This body pillow is exceptionally firm and dense, with an odorless Bionic Polyethylene filling that contours to the pregnant woman’s shape.
- With two connected pillows that provide the optimum support for your back and baby bulge when sleeping, the Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow will help you stay on your side.
- This product is vacuum-packed to make shipment easier.
- Ideal for moms to be in all trimesters.
- It features soft memory foam on one side and firmer foam on the other so that you can adjust it according to the level of cushioning you’d like.
- Reduces swelling in different body parts, which is common during pregnancy.
- Provides support to back, knees, belly, back, etc.
- The washable Velboa cover helps maintain hygiene.
- The CERTI-PUR US-certified foam is highly breathable and comfortable.
- It’s convenient for you, so feel free to carry it around.
- This wedge pillow provides optimum support to the user.
- It comes enclosed in a soft jersey cover that is easily removable.
- The wedge is portable, lightweight, and easy to position.
- It is machine washable and easy to maintain.
- The 3D hollow baby pillows, which pediatricians recommend, are scientifically developed to protect the head and support the neck of the baby.
- Let your baby feel at ease as if they were napping in his parents’ arms with Babebay’s revolutionary slow-rebound soft memory foam and breathable soft fabric cover.
- Any stroller, rock-n-play, baby bouncer, rocker, skull crib bedding, cradled, car seat, or swing can easily accommodate this efficient design.
Index Table: Top-Rated Wedge Pillow for Baby
|1||Moonlight Slumber Breastfeeding - Moon Wedge for Elevated Breast Feeding||Moonlight Slumber||98.9|
|2||CYHSHY Portable - Wedge Pillow for Baby||CYHSHY||98.5|
|3||Callerpan Double Wedge - Pregnancy Pillow for Side Sleeper||Callerpan||98.2|
|4||Hiccapop Memory Foam - Maternity Wedge Pillow||Hiccapop||96.7|
|5||Boppy Scallop Trellis - Wedge Pillow||Boppy||94.4|
|6||Babebay 3D Memory Foam - Baby Pillow for Newborn Infant||Babebay||97.4|