When you have a weakened spinal disc that starts to encroach on the spinal cord, you may have a bulging disc in your neck. The bulging disc in your neck can also cause pain in the neck, shoulders, arms, and back. To reduce the pain and the symptoms of a bulging disc in your neck, you can use a bulging disc in the neck pillow, which will provide support and comfort features for this specific condition.
Bulging Disc in Neck Symptoms and Causes
For the most part, long-term trauma, poor posture, or even being overweight, mainly to a bulging disc in your neck. The structures in your spine tend to weaken over time, as well as with aging, which increases your risk of getting a bulging disc in your neck.
Doing certain stretching exercises as well as taking certain pain medications may help with the symptoms of a bulging disc in your neck.
A weak spinal disc mainly causes the bulging disc in your neck because your spine has several compressed interconnected bones. Some vertebrae helped to protect the soft tissues in your spine and nerves that run across your side There is a connective disc that separates each vertebra, which is made of strong elastic tissues. When you bend or rotate your spine, the death change in size to enable movement and reduce friction between your bones.
These spinal discs can dislodge, and it can happen in the upper or lower spine, which can cause a bulge in your spinal kennel, and in more severe cases it may lead to a herniated disc.
People have described a bulging disc in the neck almost similar to a tire that’s going flat. Whereas a herniated disc is so much worse that it is similar to a tire blowout.
Aging being overweight and being very sedentary, or mostly your risk factors for getting a bulging disc in your neck or your spine. Then certain intervertebral disc diseases can cause the condition.
The symptoms will include pain in your neck, shoulders, and back, especially when you are moving. You may feel numbness or tingling in your shoulders, arms, and fingers, and you may have a reduced range of motion. The severity of the symptoms will depend largely on how much pressure there is on the actual nerves in your spine.
Sleeping with a Bulging Disc in Your Neck
You were sleeping when you’ve got a bulging disc in your neck, maybe quite difficult. And there are certain sleeping positions and even certain beddings, such as your pillows, that can worsen the pain and the condition. So a year or a few tips on how you can manage the symptoms of a bulging disc in your neck while sleeping.
- Pillow – First of all, for sleeping with a bulging disc in your neck, you do need the proper supportive will to support your head, your neck, and your shoulders.
- Back Sleeping – Sleeping on your back will keep your spine and your neck properly aligned, and also reduce pressure points. So it is the best way to sleep in, as it will also distribute your weight more evenly. You can much better maintain your spine’s natural curve by sleeping on your back, so it is the best position to sleep in when you have a bulging disc in your neck.
- Side Sleeping with a Knee Pillow – You can also sleep on your side with a knee pillow between your knees. The knee pillow helps to provide proper alignment for your spine while lifting your upper leg.
- Side Sleeping – The best position to sleep when you have a bulging disc on your neck or a herniated disc is basically to lie on your side in a fetal position. When you tuck your knees into your chest while you’re lying on your side you reduce spinal bending, and you also open up your joints. You just need to make sure that your head and your neck are properly supported by your pillow when you lie on your side in the fetal position.
- Stomach Sleeping – When you have a bulging disc in your spine or your neck, it is not recommended that you sleep on your stomach, because this can place extra strain on your neck and your spine.
- Size Pillow – When you have a bulging disc in your neck, you’d want a pillow that is not too low or too high. Your head needs to be maintained slightly above your body for your spine to maintain its natural S curve. Thus, she went to the pillow of a minimum height of around 2 to 3 inches above the surface of your bed.
Features of a Good Pillow for a Bulging Disc in the Neck
- Firmness and Fill – The best firmness in your pillow to have a bulging disc in your neck or your spine would be a medium firm. You don’t want a pillow that is too soft, and you also don’t want a hard and uncomfortable pillow. Slightly firmer pillows offer much better neck and shoulder support and also spinal support. Pillows with a fill such as memory firm, latex, and wool, or slightly firmer.
- Loft – The loft of your pillow refers to how high your pillow is now. When you have a bulging disc in your neck, you want a pillow with a loft between around 2:00 to 4 inches. You do not want to go above 5 inches in height, as this may place unnecessary strain on your neck and your head.
- Shape – Palace for a bulging disc in your neck come in various shapes and sizes which may range from your standard rectangular form to more specialized options such as your cervical pillows and bolster all cylindrical pillows. You also get an Orthopedic pillow with a more contoured and detailed shape that will offer support and cavities for your natural curves.
Reviews: The Best Pillows for Bulging Disc in the Neck
In our review section, we have some of the best pillar options for you that are ideal for a bulging disc in your neck;
- The Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Ergo neck pillow has an extensive profile and the perfect design for Bulging Neck Disc.
- It is extra firm in density and will properly support your head and neck.
- The pillow is adaptable and will not lose its shape.
- There is a polyester knit breathable cover.
- The HoenyDew Scrumptious pillow is ideal for side sleeping with a Bulging Neck Disc.
- It has a cooling copper support fill and will adapt to the shape of your body.
- The pillow is adjustable in fill for adjustable firmness and loft.
- It is designed by experts for the conditions of the back and neck.
- The Therapeutica pillow is ideal if You have Bulging or Herniated Neck discs.
- It is a firm Orthopedic style pillow.
- The pillow will help to restore the natural curves of your neck.
- It is memory foam with a firm loft and is adjustable.
- The D-Core pillow is a cervical support pillow that is extra firm.
- It is s standard size and ideal for back sleeping when you have a Bulging neck disc.
- The pillow supports your neck and helps to align the spine.
- It corrects the posture of your neck and spine.
- The Zamat Contoured memory foam pillow provides symptom relief and support.
- It has a firm memory foam fill and a breathable, and washable casing.
- The pillow is fully adjustable for the perfect height.
- It is also Certi-Pur certified for quality.
- The Emircey pillow is fully adjustable for your comfort needs.
- It is a cervical pillow designed for neck and shoulder support and pain.
- The pillow is a hollow contour design with a memory foam fill.
- It can be used for side, back, and stomach sleeping.
Index Table: Top Rated Pillows for Bulging Disc in the Neck
|1||Tempur Pedic Tempur-Ergo - Bulging Disc in the Neck Pillow||Tempur Pedic||98|
|2||Honeydew Scrumptious - Bulging Disc in the Neck Side Sleep Pillow||Honeydew||97.9|
|3||Therapeutica Firm - Bulging Disc in the Neck Pillow||Therapeutica||97|
|4||Core Products D-Core - Herniated Disc in the Neck Pillow||Core Products||96.7|
|5||Zamat Contoured - Adjustable Bulging Disc in the Neck Pillow||Zamat||97|
|6||Emircey Adjustable - Bulging Disc in Neck Support Pillow||Emircey||97.5|
Table of Contents
- Bulging Disc in Neck Symptoms and Causes
- Sleeping with a Bulging Disc in Your Neck
- Features of a Good Pillow for a Bulging Disc in the Neck
- Reviews: The Best Pillows for Bulging Disc in the Neck
- Tempur Pedic® Tempur-Ergo Bulging Disc in the Neck Pillow
- Honeydew® Scrumptious Bulging Disc in the Neck Side Sleep Pillow
- Therapeutica® Firm Bulging Disc in the Neck Pillow
- Core Products® D-Core Herniated Disc in the Neck Pillow
- Zamat® Contoured Adjustable Bulging Disc in the Neck Pillow
- Emircey® Adjustable Bulging Disc in Neck Support Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Pillows for Bulging Disc in the Neck