There are many things in our 21st-century lifestyle that can cause back, neck or shoulder pain. In many cases, this pain only gets worse if we do nothing about it. The solution could require medical assistance, or be as simple as buying the best pillow to help alleviate and remedy your neck and shoulder pain.
Table of Contents for the Best Pillows for Neck and Shoulder Pain
|1||PharMeDoc Contour - Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain||PharMeDoc||95|
|2||EasyLife Sleep - Memory Foam Contour Pillow for Neck Pain||EasyLife||95|
|3||Customsleeping Cervical Therapeutic - Neck and Shoulder Pillow||Customsleeping||94|
|4||Sleep Innovations Cool Contour - Memory Foam Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain||Sleep Innovations||95|
|5||Moonlight Slumber Comfort U - Total Body Support Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain||Moonlight Slumber||94|
Top 5 Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pains, Aches and Discomforts
The number one cause of all neck and shoulder pain stems from incorrect posture while sitting, standing and sleeping. When the spine is out of alignment, much pressure gets put on all the discs that it’s made up from, resulting in pain.
The second top cause of neck and shoulder pain is having a spinal problem, disorder or condition, which can also occur to you after years of bad posture. The third commonly diagnosed cause is an injury where your muscles are bruised or swollen.
The fourth top cause of neck and shoulder pains would have to be attributed to individuals who spend too much time bound to their computers. The radiation can help to make the pains worse and encourage migraines.
The fifth leading cause of neck and shoulder aches would have to be swelling from an infection. This can also be accompanied by irritations, fevers and other symptoms of illness.
The Safest Remedies for Neck and Shoulder Pain
The safest remedy to help alleviate neck and shoulder pain is to acquire the best snuggle-pedic sleeping, travel or work pillow to help correct your posture throughout all activities. Orthopedic pillows are there to aid you with your neck and shoulder pains. A pillow for your lower back or a cervical travel pillow is advised if you spend much time sitting with bad posture in an office chair or car seat.
If you have neck or back injuries causing your shoulder or neck pains, an ice pack can also be very helpful, especially if it feels too hot. If the swelling is caused by infection, a hot water bottle can aid greatly to help soothe the irritation as well as the swelling. Arnica gel is also a highly effective treatment for radically reducing swelling and muscle pain caused as a result of swelling.
The Best Design & Materials of Pillows for Neck and Shoulder Pain
Naturally, the best pillow design for neck and shoulder support would be a medical grade pillow, designed to keep your spine straight in the right posture. If you are a side sleeper, you will want a pillow that has a thick enough height to accommodate for your shoulder length. This will keep your spine perfectly aligned and allow for better circulation – no more waking up with numb arms or cramps! Back sleepers need a space to allow their heads to recline until their foreheads are level with their chins. Stomach sleepers usually need side sleeper neck support, combined with a place to put their arms under the pillow that doesn’t cut off circulation.
The best orthopedic pillow material would have to be memory foam. Hypoallergenic and very hygienic (no dust mites or bacterial growth) give it excellent benefits for sensitive people on top of the most comfortable support possible. Memory foam holds the shape of your body after responding to your body temperature and allowing you to sink in a bit, making it ideal for everyone.
The Best Pillows For Neck and Shoulder Pain
Here are some of the latest designs in Pillows for Neck and Shoulder Pain that have proven to be very effective;
- Made from memory foam and covered in polyester, this pillow will allow you just to fall right into it and get perfect support for the best sleeping experience.
- Made with a cooling gel component, this memory foam neck and shoulder pillow stay cool all night long!
- Hypoallergenic, this sleeping pillow is suitable for kids and allergy-prone individuals.
- Dust mite resistant, anti-bacterial and the best neck and shoulder pain solution for side and back sleepers.
The Sleep Memory Foam Contour Pillow for Neck Pain is made from memory foam which is hypoallergenic and perfect for holding your exact shape, responding to your heat so you can sink right in!
- Unique butterfly design for perfect posture and posture pedic support.
- Made for side sleepers and back sleepers.
- The cover is made from an eco-friendly bamboo material which is removable and machine washable for convenient low maintenance.
- This medical grade pillow comes in different sizes to help everyone achieve great sleep results.
The Full Adjustable Cervical Pillow by Custom Sleeping is designed to support your cervical area, preventing neck, shoulder and back pains.
- Covered in 100% soft cotton and stuffed with memory gel foam cluster fiber for optimal comfort.
- Able to be adjusted fully by taking out more or less of this fiber.
- Float away on this snuggle pedic pillow before ensuring a great nights sleep!
- Gel fibers ensure that your body heat is distributed evenly and makes sure you don’t get too hot in the night.
- Cover is machine washable.
The Sleep Innovations Cool Contour Memory Foam Pillow is made from memory foam which takes your custom contour and provides you with a straight back alignment and support.
- This pillow offers the best therapeutic back, neck, and shoulder support to side sleepers.
- The cover is able to be washed in the machine.
- This sleeping pillow will never overheat during the night, so you never have to worry about night sweats!
- Allergen-free and mite-free, this therapeutic pillow is very hygienic and has anti-bacterial properties.
- Holds its shape, even after years.
- This Pillow is available in two sizes, standard and queen size.
The U-shaped Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow helps to alleviate more than just neck and shoulder pains, but all upper and lower back pains as well!
- This pillow is made from 100% cotton and filled with polyester filling.
- Can double as a knee pillow and help to improve your circulation and to breathe better.
- Hugs your entire body putting a whole new spin on snuggle pedic pillows, cradling your entire back, neck, tummy and shoulders.
- Stay in one place all night and reduce stress on your spine.
- Incredibly soft and never goes flat.
The right pillow can improve your sleep quality and reduce neck and shoulder pain drastically. A pillow that provides the correct type and amount of support and comfort will enhance your overall posture, enhance circulation and eliminate neck, back, and shoulder pain.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents for the Best Pillows for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Top 5 Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pains, Aches and Discomforts
- The Safest Remedies for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- The Best Design & Materials of Pillows for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- The Best Pillows For Neck and Shoulder Pain
- PharMeDoc Contour Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- EasyLife Sleep Memory Foam Contour Pillow for Neck Pain
- Customsleeping Cervical Therapeutic Neck and Shoulder Pillow
- Sleep Innovations Cool Contour Memory Foam Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Moonlight Slumber Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain