Many things in our 21st-century lifestyle can cause back, neck, or shoulder pain.
This pain only gets worse if we do nothing about it in many cases.
The solution could require medical assistance or be as simple as buying one of the best pillows for shoulder pain to help alleviate and remedy your shoulder pain. In the same way, there are pillows for neck pain, which we will explore below in the article.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pains, Aches and Discomforts
- The Safest Remedies for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Design & Materials of a Good Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Reviews: Best Pillows for Neck & Shoulder Pain
- PharMeDoc® Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Coisum® Memory Foam Contour Pillow Orthopedic Pillow for Neck Pain
- Cervical® memory Foam Shoulder and Neck Pain Pillow
- Sleep Innovations® Cool Contour Memory Foam Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Moonlight Slumber® Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Sleep Innovations® Memory Foam Contoured Neck and Shoulder Pillow
- Elviros® Spinal Alignment Neck and Shoulder Pillow
- EPABO® Contour Neck and Shoulder Support Pillow
- Mkicesky® Pain Relief Shoulder and Neck Pain Pillow
- Powsure® Cervical Shoulder and Neck Pain Pillow
- Index Table: Top Pillows for Neck & Shoulder Pain
Top 5 Causes of Neck and Shoulder Pains, Aches and Discomforts
The number one cause of all neck and shoulder pain is incorrect posture while sitting, standing, and sleeping. When the spine is out of alignment, much pressure gets put on all the discs it’s made up of, resulting in pain.
The second top cause of neck and shoulder pain is having a spinal problem, disorder, or condition, which can also occur to you after years of bad posture.
The third commonly diagnosed cause is an injury where your muscles are bruised or swollen.
The fourth top cause of neck and shoulder pains is individuals who spend too much time-bound on their computers. The radiation can help to make the pains worse and encourage migraines.
The fifth leading cause of neck and shoulder aches would have to be swelling from an infection. Irritations, fevers, and other symptoms of illness can also accompany this.
In the case of side sleepers, arm numbness causes headaches and shoulder and neck pain. To avoid this, you can use the amazing side sleeper pillow with an arm hole. They provide extreme comfort and relieve the pain.
The Safest Remedies for Neck and Shoulder Pain
The safest remedy to help alleviate neck and shoulder pain is to acquire the best snuggle-pedic sleeping, travel, or work pillow to help correct your posture throughout all activities. Orthopedic pillows are there to aid you with your neck and shoulder pains. A pillow for your lower back or a cervical travel pillow is advised if you spend much time sitting with bad posture in an office chair or car seat.
An ice pack can also be beneficial if you have neck or back injuries causing your shoulder or neck pains, especially if it feels too hot. If the swelling is caused by infection, a hot water bottle can aid greatly in helping soothe the irritation as well as the swelling. Arnica gel is also a highly effective treatment for radically reducing swelling and muscle pain caused by swelling.
Design & Materials of a Good Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
Naturally, the best pillow design for neck and shoulder support would be a medical-grade pillow to keep your spine straight in the right posture.
If you are a side sleeper, you will want a pillow that is thick enough height to accommodate your shoulder length.
This will keep your spine perfectly aligned and allow for better circulation – no more waking up with numb arms or cramps! Back sleepers need a space to allow their heads to recline until their foreheads are level with their chins. Stomach sleepers usually need side sleeper neck support, combined with putting their arms under the pillow that doesn’t cut off circulation.
The best orthopedic pillow material would have to be memory foam.
Hypoallergenic and very hygienic (no dust mites or bacterial growth) benefit sensitive people on top of the most comfortable support possible.
Memory foam holds the shape of your body after responding to your body temperature and allowing you to sink in a bit, making it ideal for everyone.
Reviews: Best Pillows for Neck & Shoulder Pain
Here are some of the latest designs in Pillows for Neck and Shoulder Pain that have proven to be very effective;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The PharMeDoc Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain is endorsed by doctors worldwide as a great pillow for remedying neck and shoulder pain.
- Made from memory foam and covered in polyester, this pillow will allow you to fall right into it and get the perfect support for the best sleeping experience.
- This memory foam neck and shoulder pillow are made with a cooling gel component, which stays cool all night long!
- Hypoallergenic, this sleeping pillow is suitable for kids and allergy-prone individuals.
- Dust mite resistant, anti-bacterial, and the best neck and shoulder pain solution for side and back sleepers.
The pillow is an Orthopedic Pillow for Neck Pain, made from memory foam, which is hypoallergenic and perfect for holding your exact shape and responding to your heat so you can sink right in!
- Unique butterfly design for perfect posture and posture pedic support.
- It is made for side sleepers and back sleepers.
- The cover is made from an eco-friendly material that is removable and machine washable for convenient, low maintenance.
- This medical-grade pillow comes in different sizes to help everyone achieve great sleep results.
- A comfortable cervical pillow offers optimal shoulder and neck support t relieve pain.
- Filled with premium Memory foam and has the ideal shape for support and comfort of the neck and shoulders.
- A breathable and washable cover.
- Ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Included is a Sleeping Mask
The Sleep Innovations Cool Contour Memory Foam Pillow is made from memory foam, which takes your custom contour and provides straight back alignment and support.
- This pillow offers side sleepers the best therapeutic back, neck, and shoulder support.
- You can wash the cover in the machine.
- This sleeping pillow will never overheat at night, so you never have to worry about night sweats!
- Allergen-free and mite-free, this therapeutic pillow is very hygienic and has anti-bacterial properties.
- Holds its shape, even after years.
- This Pillow is available in two sizes, standard and queen size.
The U-shaped Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow helps alleviate neck and shoulder pains and upper and lower back pains!
- This pillow is made from 100% cotton and is filled with polyester.
- It can double as a knee pillow and help to improve your circulation and breathe better.
- Hugs your entire body putting a whole new spin on snuggle pedic pillows, cradling your entire back, neck, tummy, and shoulders.
- Stay in one place all night and reduce stress on your spine.
- Incredibly soft and never goes flat.
The Memory Foam Pillow from Sleep Innovations offers you the best Neck and shoulder support while helping you properly align your spine.
- A pure breathable cotton cover.
- It is filled with premium memory foam.
- Promotes better spinal alignment and neck and shoulder support.
- Available in a Queen or standard size option.
This Orthopedic Pillow offers exceptional neck and shoulder support by cradling your head and neck in an ideal position.
- Features a soft and comfortable Bamboo Polyester cover.
- Maintains your natural curves in your neck and spine.
- It offers excellent cervical, neck, and shoulder support.
- Filled with premium memory foam.
The EPABO contoured pillow is ideal for optimal neck and shoulder support.
- An Ergonomic Design, for all sleeping positions.
- Breathable premium memory foam fill and a hypoallergenic cover.
- It offers exceptional support and cradled comfort for the contours of your spine, neck, and shoulders.
- Natural materials used that are chemical and irritant-free.
- A Low rebound memory foam contoured design pillow.
- This pillow contours and molds to the unique shape of your neck and shoulders for great pain and tension relief.
- Certi-PUR certified memory foam is used, and there is a protective and comfortable cover.
- Also, a USPTO patent ergonomic support design.
- An ergonomic design neck and shoulder pain relief pillow.
- A close contoured fit design filled with high-quality memory foam.
- Ergonomically designed for optimal pressure relief.
- It comes with a soft and washable pillowcase.