Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Neck pain is usually the result of chronic and painful conditions, such as a herniated disc or whiplash.
If one doesn’t find a neck pain remedy, the pain can go on endlessly. Many people have taken to buying Orthopedic pillows for neck and back pain, but what makes the best orthopedic pillow for neck pain relief?
Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain has many causes and can be highly excruciating.
The primary cause of neck pain is incorrect posture, causing the neck to compensate and pain at the top of the spine. Usually, this is also accompanied by back pain.
Other causes of neck pain are injuries to the neck, whiplash, or over-exertion of muscles.
If it feels like your neck muscles have been pulled tight, you probably have incurred something of this nature.
Neck pain can even occur due to viral or bacterial infections. This creates swelling in the glands of the neck and will remain as long as the root causes are not remedied.
Sometimes, if blood flow is blocked off from the brain, it can also lead to pain in the neck. Pinched nerve endings in the upper back or neck will block the blood flow, as will some migraines and anemia.
Side sleepers often complain of “receiving neck pain on the left side.”
How an Orthopedic Pillow Can Provide Neck Pain Relief
Orthopedic pillows are there to aid in back pain treatment and be a pain relief remedy for any ailments associated with the spine.
Orthopedic neck pillows will allow your neck to rest comfortably, keep your spine straight, and are designed ergonomically to support your neck. Any treatment that helps good posture will be good for neck pain alleviation.
There are many types of Orthopaedic Neck pillows on the market, and all of them support your back, contributing to neck pain relief. However, you also get pillows specifically aimed at parts of the back, such as lumbar pillows and elevation pillows, which can also alleviate neck pain symptoms. Coccyx Cushions will also benefit any spine or neck pain.
Those who suffer from a neck injury will also profit from the support of orthopedic pillows. Correct posture or posture support can improve circulation and help reduce pain from fluids accumulating in the joints.
Features of a Good Orthopaedic Pillows
There is no one good pillow for neck pain; it’s up to the individual to decide what will work best. However, orthopedic pillows should essentially support your back or neck problem area. Useful features of the best Orthopedic pillows include being firm enough to keep your back supported yet comfortable enough to provide relief and a decent dose of luxury!
The best orthopedic pillows are usually made out of memory foam, a heat-responsive substance that molds your shape perfectly while you’re in contact with it. Memory foam is also excellent for hyper-allergenic people and can help alleviate neck pain symptoms, which are allergy-related. Opt for a cooling Gel-based memory foam option if you live in a very hot or humid place.
Feathered pillows are warned against by top medical professionals and do not contribute to back pain relief.
Also, check the list we have curated for the most comfortable positioning pillows for the elderly.
Reviews: The Top Orthopedic Pillows
These are our best orthopedic therapeutic pillows for better sleep and pain reduction;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Alleviates neck pain for side-sleepers by providing the correct position for the spine at all times of the night.
- It comes in 4 different sizes and accommodates larger or smaller individuals with back pain relief.
- These orthopedic pillows can support a larger or smaller neck by having different neck supports on either side. Choose to place the pillow laterally or whichever way works better for you!
- It allows you to sleep deeply without interruptions from pain or discomfort in the neck.
- The Tri-Core Orthopaedic Pillow is ideal for post-surgical recovery and helping with neck injury treatment.
- This luxurious pillow will help take all pressure off your back with supportive memory foam.
- Memory Foam is an adjustable substance and retains your shape, optimizing your sleep for maximum painless results.
- The pillow cover is made from eco-friendly bamboo fibers.
- Hypoallergenic to best help sensitive individuals still achieve painless sleep. Also, dust mite resistance.
- This comfortable memory foam pillow is machine washable and easy to keep clean.
- This product from Coop Home Goods is more flexible than memory foam pillows, as their pillow is stuffed with shredded memory foam. This allows you to increase or decrease the size of the pillow!
- This therapeutic sleep pillow is made from foam to provide good back and neck support during sleep.
- This product is large and can be used for skinny or very large individuals. Alternatively, it also comes in a few different sizes – pick the right fit!
- This Large Therapeutic sleeping pillow helps to alleviate neck pain at night by keeping the spinal column straight.
- By relaxing your neck and back, this sleeping pillow will also contribute to treating symptoms of stress and resting your muscles properly.
- This product is endorsed by medical practitioners for excellent spinal health and for promoting healthy posture.
- Made from gel-based memory foam, and will be able to retain your natural body shape.
- It relieves neck pain and provides personalized support to the neck and back while sleeping.
- The memory foam is cooling gel-based. It will release body heat back slowly and evenly, doing away with sudden hot flashes at night.
- This pillow will not overheat due to humidity in hot regions and will retain your contour.
- Hypoallergenic and sensitivity friendly, ideal for patients with allergy concerns and back problems.
- Cutting Edge Aloe-Vera infusion techniques in the materials of this pillow make your extra sleep soothing.
- Specializing in dealing with severe neck pain, this pillow will provide nighttime support.
- Very comfortable, this pillow is made from impressionable memory foam and holds the shape of the sleeping individual.
- A supportive upside-down heart design will keep your back posture correct and wake you up feeling refreshed.
- Not only orthopedic support for side sleepers, but this pillow can also aid in treating insomnia, migraines, snoring, breathing problems associated with neck pain, and more!
- Ideal for pain relief in patients with swollen necks or pulled-back muscles.
- This product comes with a 100% anytime cash-back guarantee!
- The unique Positioning Wedge Pillow is perfect for you if you seek relief from neck pain.
- Restfully comfortably during sleep at a slight incline, helping fluids drain properly and easing potential back and neck pains.
- This wedge pillow has been clinically tested to ease pain and relieve restless sleepers with fantastic results.
- The arm pocket unique to this design prevents you from sliding down during sleep and provides extra structural spine support.
- Also beneficial for alleviating heartburn, gastric reflux, coughing, choking, nausea, and other acid-related symptoms that may hamper sleep or add to back discomfort.
- An ergonomically shaped contoured pillow with three layers of foam cushioning for optimal support.
- Filled with top quality Gel-infused memory foam, that keeps you cool and well supported.
- It comes with a washable Bamboo cover that is hypoallergenic and smooth.
- They are designed never to become hard, even when it gets cold.
The Arc4Life has a specially designed shape to offer the utmost orthopedic comfort and support.
- It helps to improve sleep patterns, relieves pain and headaches, and prevents snoring and insomnia.
- Contoured shape with a deep V for traction and a side sleeping side.
- Excellent for post-surgery recovery.
- Filled with premium foam materials and covered with a cooling and breathable cover.
This is an adjustable pillow that offers great orthopedic relief and comfort.
- A removable zipper closure covers to adjust the fill easily.
- It is ideal for back and side sleepers.
- Eliminate orthopedic pain and pressure relief.
- Premium quality and hypoallergenic materials.
An orthopedic design memory foam pillow from Milemont.
- Offers full neck, back, and shoulder support and pain relief.
- It is filled with premium memory foam.
- Medium-firm and high loft.
- Breathable and comfortable cover.
- Double-sided design for temperature control.
This pillow has an ergonomically contoured shape to provide orthopedic comfort and relief.
- Different size options are available.
- Ergonomically contoured design in a cervical pillow for orthopedic comfort.
- It is filled with low-rebound memory foam.
- Contoured shape for full-body support.
Index Table: Best Orthopedic Pillows
Table of Contents
- Causes of Neck Pain
- How an Orthopedic Pillow Can Provide Neck Pain Relief
- Features of a Good Orthopaedic Pillows
- Reviews: The Top Orthopedic Pillows
- Core Products® Tri-Core Orthopedic Support Pillow
- Coop Home Goods® Shredded Memory Foam Pressure Adjustable Orthopedic Pillow
- Therapeutica® Ortho Sleep Theraputic Orthopedic Pillow
- PharMeDoc® Gel Memory Foam Cooling Gel Orthopedic Pillow
- IKSTAR® Therapeutic Contour Memory Foam Orthopedic Hypoallergenic Sleep Pillow
- MedCline® Advanced Positioning Wedge Side Sleeping Orthopedic Pillow
- Lofe® Sandwhich Pillow Orthopedic Design Pillow
- Arc4Life® Traction Pillow Specially Shaped Orthopedic Pillow
- Nature’s Guest® Adjustable Orthopedic Pillow
- Milemont® Memory Foam Orthopedic Pillow
- Mkicesky® Side Sleeper Orthopedic Contoured Pillow
- Index Table: Best Orthopedic Pillows