Neck pain is usually the result of chronic and painful conditions, such as a herniated disc or whiplash.
If one doesn’t find a neck pain remedy, the pain can go on endlessly. Many people have taken to buying Orthopedic pillows for neck and back pain, but what makes the best orthopedic pillow for neck pain relief?
The Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain has many causes and can be highly excruciating. The primary cause of neck pain is incorrect posture, causing the neck to compensate and resulting in pain at the top of the spine. Usually, this is also accompanied by back pain.
Other causes of neck pain resulting from injuries to the neck, whiplash or over-exertion of muscles. If it feels like your neck muscles have been pulled tight, then you probably have incurred something of this nature. Neck pain can even occur due to the presence of viral or bacterial infections. This creates swelling in the glands of the neck and will remain as long as the root causes are not remedied.
Sometimes if blood flow is blocked off from the brain, it can lead to pain in the neck too. Pinched nerve endings in the upper back or neck will block the blood flow, as will some migraines and anemia. Side sleepers often complain of receiving “receiving neck pain on the left side”.
How an Orthopedic Pillow Can Provide Neck Pain Relief
Orthopedic pillows are there to aid in back pain treatment and be a pain relief remedy for any ailments associated with the spine. Orthopedic neck pillows will allow your neck to rest comfortably, keep your spine straight and are designed ergonomically to support your neck. Any treatment that helps good posture will be good for neck pain alleviation.
There are many types of Orthopaedic Neck Pillows on the market, and all of them are there to support your back which contributes to neck pain relief. However, you do also get pillows specifically aimed at parts of the back, such as lumbar pillows and elevation pillows which can additionally alleviate symptoms of neck pain. Coccyx Cushions will also benefit any spine or neck pain.
Those who suffer from a neck injury will also profit from the support of orthopedic pillows. Having correct posture or posture support can help to improve circulation and assist in reducing pain from fluids accumulating in the joints.
Features of a Good Orthopaedic Pillows
There is no one good pillow for your neck pain; it’s up to the individual to decide what will work best. However, orthopedic pillows should essentially be able to support your back or neck problem area. Useful features of the best Orthopedic pillows include being firm enough to keep your back supported, yet comfortable enough to provide relief and a decent dose of luxury!
The best orthopedic pillows are usually made out of memory foam, a heat-responsive substance that molds your shape perfectly while you’re in contact with it. Memory foam is also excellent for hyper-allergenic people and can help to alleviate symptoms of neck pain which are allergy related. Opt for a cooling Gel-based memory foam option if you are living in a place that is very hot or humid.
Feathered pillows are warned against by top medical professionals and apparently do not contribute to back pain relief.
Reviews: The Top Orthopedic Pillows
These are our best orthopedic therapeutic pillows for better sleep and pain reduction;
- Alleviates neck pain for side-sleepers by providing the correct position for the spine at all times of the night.
- Comes in 4 different sizes and accommodates larger or smaller individuals with back pain relief.
- One of these orthopedic pillows can support a larger or smaller neck, by having differently sized neck supports on either side. Choose to place the pillow laterally, or whichever way works better for you!
- Allows you to sleep deeply without interruptions from pains or discomforts in the neck.
- The Tri-Core Orthopaedic Pillow is ideal for post-surgical recovery and helping with neck injury treatment.
- This luxurious pillow will help take all pressure off your back with supportive memory foam.
- Memory Foam is an adjustable substance and retains your shape, optimizing your sleep for maximum painless results.
- The pillow cover is made from eco-friendly bamboo fibers.
- Hypoallergenic to best help sensitive individuals still achieve painless sleep. Also dust mite resistant.
- This comfortable memory foam pillow is machine washable and very easy to keep clean.
- This product from Coop Home Goods is made more flexible than more memory foam pillows, as their pillow is stuffed with shredded memory foam. This allows you to increase or decrease the size of the pillow!
- This therapeutic sleep pillow is made from foam to provide good back and neck support during sleep.
- This product is large and can be used for skinny or very large individuals. Alternatively, it also comes in a few different sizes – just pick your right fit!
- This Large Therapeutic sleeping pillow helps to alleviate neck pain at night by keeping the spinal column straight.
- By being able to relax your neck and back, this sleeping pillow will also contribute to treating symptoms of stress and rest your muscles properly.
- This product is endorsed by medical practitioners for excellent spinal health and for promoting healthy posture.
- Made from gel-based memory foam and will be able to retain your natural body shape.
- Provides great relief from neck pain and provides personalized support to the neck and back while sleeping.
- The memory foam is cooling gel-based. It will release body heat back slowly and evenly, doing away with sudden hot flashes in the night.
- This pillow will not overheat due to humidity in hot regions and still retain your contour.
- Hypoallergenic and sensitivity friendly, ideal for patients with allergy concerns and back problems.
- Cutting Edge Aloe-Vera infusion techniques in the materials of up this pillow make your extra sleep soothing.
- Specialized in dealing with severe neck pain, this pillow will provide the necessary night time support needed.
- Very comfortable, this pillow is made from impressionable memory foam and holds the shape of the sleeping individual.
- Supportive upside-down heart design will keep your back posture correct and leave you waking up feeling refreshed.
- Not only orthopedic support for side sleepers, this pillow, can aid in the treatment of insomnia, migraines, snoring, breathing problems associated with neck pain and more!
- Ideal for pain relief in patients with swollen necks or pulled back muscles.
- This product comes with a 100% anytime cash-back guarantee!
- The unique Positioning Wedge Pillow is perfect for you if you suffer from neck pain and are seeking relief.
- Restfully comfortable during sleep at a slight incline, helping fluids to drain properly and easing more potential back and neck pains.
- This wedge pillow has been clinically tested to ease pain and provide relief to restless sleepers with fantastic results.
- The arm pocket unique to this design prevents you from sliding down during sleep and providing extra structural spine support.
- Also beneficial for alleviating heartburn, gastric reflux, coughing, choking, nausea and other acid-related symptoms that may hamper sleep or add to back discomfort.
- An ergonomically shaped contoured pillow with three layers of foam cushioning for optimal support.
- Filled with top quality Gel infused memory foam, that keeps you cool and well supported.
- Comes with a washable Bamboo cover that is hypoallergenic and smooth.
- Designed to never become hard, even when it gets cold.
The Arc4Life has a specially designed shape to offer the utmost in orthopedic comfort and support.
- Helps to improve sleep pattern, relieves pain, and headaches as well as preventing snoring and insomnia.
- A contoured shape with a deep V for traction and a side sleeping side.
- Excellent for post-surgery recovery.
- Filled with premium foam materials and covered with a cooling and breathable cover.
ComfyLife is a top brand in comfort and orthopedic pillow that will ensure you only the best support and tension relief.
- A firm and flexible pillow that offers you the perfect nights rest without any pain or tension.
- A contoured shape for optimal support.
- Filled with the finest quality firm density memory foam.
- Features a hypoallergenic and moisture wicking Bamboo cover.
- Kool-Flo design to keep you cool during the night.
Index Table: Best Orthopedic Pillows
|1||Core Products Tri-Core - Orthopedic Support Pillow||Core Products||96|
|2||Coop Home Goods Shredded Memory Foam - Pressure Adjustable Orthopedic Pillow||Coop Home Goods||96|
|3||Therapeutica Ortho Sleep - Theraputic Orthopedic Pillow||Therapeutica||97|
|4||PharMeDoc Gel Memory Foam - Cooling Gel Orthopedic Pillow||PharMeDoc||94|
|5||IKSTAR Therapeutic Contour Memory Foam - Orthopedic Hypoallergenic Sleep Pillow||IKSTAR||96|
|6||MedCline Advanced Positioning Wedge - Side Sleeping Orthopedic Pillow||MedCline||95|
|7||Lofe Sandwhich Pillow - Orthopedic Design Pillow||Lofe||98|
|8||Arc4Life Traction Pillow - Specially Shaped Orthopedic Pillow||Arc4Life||98|
|9||ComfyLife Posturpedic - Orthopedic Pillow||ComfyLife||97|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- The Causes of Neck Pain
- How an Orthopedic Pillow Can Provide Neck Pain Relief
- Features of a Good Orthopaedic Pillows
- Reviews: The Top Orthopedic Pillows
- Core Products® Tri-Core Orthopedic Support Pillow
- Coop Home Goods® Shredded Memory Foam Pressure Adjustable Orthopedic Pillow
- Therapeutica® Ortho Sleep Theraputic Orthopedic Pillow
- PharMeDoc® Gel Memory Foam Cooling Gel Orthopedic Pillow
- IKSTAR® Therapeutic Contour Memory Foam Orthopedic Hypoallergenic Sleep Pillow
- MedCline® Advanced Positioning Wedge Side Sleeping Orthopedic Pillow
- Lofe® Sandwhich Pillow Orthopedic Design Pillow
- Arc4Life® Traction Pillow Specially Shaped Orthopedic Pillow
- ComfyLife® Posturpedic Orthopedic Pillow
- Index Table: Best Orthopedic Pillows