Every side sleeper has a complaint, whether it be bad circulation, migraines, neck pain, back pain, the transition when rolling over.
Choosing the best pillows for side sleepers with neck pain could aid you tremendously with getting great sleep each and every night!
The Problem Facing Side Sleepers (Neck Pain)
Anyone who sleeps on their sides will tell you that they get neck pain more often than not. The two main reasons behind this are sleeping in the same position on your side, which can lead to stiffness, pain or even pulled muscles.
Another reason is being overly restless during sleep, which can wake you up during the night when you shift on your side. Sleeping on one’s side can also be especially painful when a neck or back injury occurs to you.
Other reasons are related to the type of pillow you are using as a side sleeper.
Sleeping on your side can twist your spine ever so slightly if your neck is too high or too low. The wrong sleeping angle can cause the spine to go out, which is essentially the root cause of most neck pains.
Comfortable Specialised Medical Pillow Can Ease Neck Pain
Having a good night’s sleep can be as simple as choosing the right pillow for sleeping on your side with neck pain.
There are solutions out there that are pillows designed specifically for side-sleepers who struggle to sleep with neck pains. When your neck is in line with your spine, the pain of your neck is alleviated.
This does not just provide neck pain relief, but can also remedy upper and lower back pain, muscle tension, cramps, cervix, hip alignment and many other problems associated with the spine.
Using a medical pillow that is designed for your necks comfort during the night will also help you to move about without feeling sore.
Having your neck at the right elevation can also improve blood flow to the brain and other parts of the body. You won’t be able to hunch up your shoulders comfortably, and you will be able to sleep deeper from being able to breath better.
Features of a Good Side Sleepers Pillow
The materials a side sleeping pillow are made from are very important to consider when buying a pillow.
Consider what your specific requirements are: do you suffer from neck or back pain? Do you need a higher or a lower elevation?
Do you have large or small shoulders? These are questions you should ask before looking for a good pillow to aid with the problems that come hand-in-hand with side sleeping.
Memory foam, shredded foam, and foam make the best medical pillows if you need optimal spine support.
The spongy nature of foam keeps a firm consistency while allowing you just to fall in and retain your shape. Most foam is hypoallergenic.
The next feature every neck pillow needs is to be big enough for your body size.
If it can’t accommodate your shoulders or you can’t comfortably lie on it, don’t buy it! Look for a pillow that fits your shoulder length comfortably so your neck can lie straight, how it ought to.
Reviews: Best Pillows for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain
Here are the best pillows you should consider buying if you are suffering from neck pain and your preferred position for sleeping is on the side;
- This PharMeDoc Pillow is made from hypoallergenic memory foam and is safe for sensitive people with skin, eye or sinus reactions.
- This pillow promotes good sleep for side sleepers who have neck pain and headaches.
- The memory foam holds the shape of your body’s contour, keeping your shape as you sleep comfortably all night long.
- This pillow uses only the best in memory foam technology available on the market with cooling gel.
- Say goodbye to hot flashes and hello to cool sleep.
- Cooling Gel technology is also suitable for remedying the pain of pulled neck muscles or neck injuries while sleeping.
- This pillow is a USA made product, contain 60% polyester, 40% bamboo that was derived from viscose rayon material.
- It is hypoallergenic and more environmentally friendly than many other pillows on the market.
- Comes with a removable case and allows you to adjust the amount of foam used inside the pillow.
- Shredded memory foam provides you with the ultimate comfort as each piece of foam response to your shape and supports you, while still having extra air between the pieces cushions you further.
- This pillow will last a long time and is dust mite resistant.
- This pillow is machine washable and easy to keep clean.
- Not just an ordinary bed pillow, this set of 2 will bolster up your comfort levels by being very thick and plush.
- Extra comfort is added to this Utopia Bedding product thanks to the gel insert hidden inside each pillow.
- Ideal for sleeping on your side with a tender neck, neck injury or neck pain.
- Made from 100% cotton and allergy friendly (unless you are allergic to cotton).
- The gel inserted into the pillow also has an anti-microbial finish which prevents micro-organisms from growing inside.
- This bed cushion is proved to help in asthma treatment as well as in the treatment of some respiratory conditions.
- This pillow has a unique ergonomically design, made from memory foam, which allows you to have optimal neck support during the night.
- Ideal for traveling, the pillow is portable and compact in shape.
- Hypoallergenic, this pillow does not have any added chemicals, pollutants or irritants in it.
- The pillow has an anti-microbial and dust mite resistant insert, making it ideal for hygiene enthusiasts.
- This medical foam cushion helps side-sleepers who battle with neck, back or muscles pain.
- Provides cervical and orthopedic support to those suffering from sleepless nights due to pain.
- Due to the interesting “butterfly wing” supportive shape, this pillow is ideal for any neck or back complaints when sleeping.
- Side sleeping becomes hassle-free as this pillow support every movement you could make during the night.
- Memory foam provides maximum comfort, contouring your exact shape and firmly lifting you up at the right angle.
- Keeps your spine straight at night and prevents later posture problems.
- This pillow has a stable structure with high durability and will last a long time.
- The makers of this product provide consumers with a 100% cash-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with it.
- A highly innovative designer side-sleeping pillow, shaped like a scroll that curls in toward the center on the same side.
- Was designed by a nurse and a mother with specific intentions to help all side sleepers and pregnant women.
- Cups your entire body on its side, it is perfect for watching TV on your side or sleeping on the floor.
- Highly beneficial for pregnant women who sleep on their sides.
- This pillow can provide under belly support for pregnant side-sleepers.
- This multi-functional can replace the functions of many other pillows on the market that aid for sleeping problems related to back, side, hip, neck and cervical pains.
Index Table: Pillows for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain
|1||Mediflow Original Waterbase - Neck Pain Side Slippers Pillow||Mediflow||96|
|2||Coop Home Goods Memory Foam Pillow - Side Sleeper's Pillow with Neck Pain||Coop Home Goods||97|
|3||Utopia Bedding Super Plush Gel Fiber - 3D Hollow Siliconized Filled Side Sleeper Pillow||Utopia Bedding||95|
|4||IKSTAR Contour Memory Foam - Therapeutic Design Pillow for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain||IKSTAR||98|
|5||Bracemart Sure Sleep Ultra - Chiropractic Recommended Water Pillow for Neck Pain||Bracemart||96|
|6||Leachco Snoogle - Total Body Pillow||Leachco||97|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- The Problem Facing Side Sleepers (Neck Pain)
- Comfortable Specialised Medical Pillow Can Ease Neck Pain
- Features of a Good Side Sleepers Pillow
- Reviews: Best Pillows for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain
- Mediflow® Original Waterbase Neck Pain Side Slippers Pillow
- Coop Home Goods® Memory Foam Pillow Side Sleeper's Pillow with Neck Pain
- Utopia Bedding® Super Plush Gel Fiber 3D Hollow Siliconized Filled Side Sleeper Pillow
- IKSTAR® Contour Memory Foam Therapeutic Design Pillow for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain
- Bracemart® Sure Sleep Ultra Chiropractic Recommended Water Pillow for Neck Pain
- Leachco® Snoogle Total Body Pillow
- Index Table: Pillows for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain