Every side sleeper has a complaint: bad circulation, migraines, neck pain, back pain, or the transition when rolling over.
Choosing the best pillows for side sleepers with neck pain could help you get a great sleep every night!
Also, if your arm gets numb while sleeping on your side, you can check out some best pillows for side sleepers with arm holes . These pillows provide exceptional comfort and also help in reducing neck pain.
Table of Contents
- The Problem Facing Side Sleepers (Neck Pain)
- Comfortable Specialised Medical Pillow Can Ease Neck Pain
- Related Articles on Pillows for Neck Pain
- Features of a Good Side Sleepers Pillow
- Reviews: Best Pillows for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain
- Mediflow® Original Waterbase Neck Pain Side Slippers Pillow
- Coop Home Goods® Memory Foam Pillow Side Sleeper's Pillow with Neck Pain
- Utopia Bedding® Super Plush Gel Fiber 3D Hollow Siliconized Filled Side Sleeper Pillow
- IKSTAR® Contour Memory Foam Therapeutic Design Pillow for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain
- BLISSBURY® Chiropractic Recommended Water Pillow for Neck Pain
- Leachco® Snoogle Total Body Pillow
- Milemont® Memory Foam Side Sleeping Pillow for Neck Pain
- Mkicesky® Contoured Side Sleeper Neck Pain Pillow
- Epabo® Contoured Neck Support Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Tempur-Pedic® Ergo Advanced Neck Relief Pillow
- Index Table: Pillows for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain
The Problem Facing Side Sleepers (Neck Pain)
Anyone who sleeps on their sides will tell you they get neck pain more often. The two main reasons behind this are sleeping in the same position on your side, leading to stiffness, pain, or even pulled muscles.
Another reason is being overly restless during sleep, which can wake you up during the night when you shift on your side. Sleeping on one’s side can also be especially painful when a neck or back injury occurs to you.
Other reasons are related to the type of pillow you use as a side sleeper.
Sleeping on your side can slightly twist your spine if your neck is too high or too low. The wrong sleeping angle can cause the spine to go out, which is the root cause of most neck pains.
Comfortable Specialised Medical Pillow Can Ease Neck Pain
Having a good night’s sleep can be as simple as choosing the right pillow for sleeping on your side with neck pain.
There are solutions out there that are pillows designed specifically for side-sleepers who struggle to sleep with neck pains. When your neck is in line with your spine, the pain of your neck is alleviated.
This does not just provide neck pain relief but can also remedy upper and lower back pain, muscle tension, cramps, cervix, hip alignment, and many other problems associated with the spine.
A medical pillow designed for your neck’s comfort during the night will also help you move about without feeling sore.
Having your neck at the right elevation can also improve blood flow to the brain and other body parts. You won’t be able to hunch up your shoulders comfortably, and you will be able to sleep deeper from breathing better.
Related Articles on Pillows for Neck Pain
- Best Pillow for Neck and Back Pain
- The Best Pillow for Neck Arthritis
- Best Pillow for Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Best Cervical Pillows
- Best Pillow For Neck Support
- Best Pillow for Degenerative Disc Disease
- Best Pillow for a Bulging Disc in the Neck
Features of a Good Side Sleepers Pillow
The materials a side sleeping pillow is made from are essential to consider when buying a pillow.
Consider your specific requirements: do you suffer from neck or back pain? Do you need a higher or a lower elevation?
Do you have large or small shoulders? It would help if you asked these questions before looking for a good pillow to aid with the problems that come hand-in-hand with side sleeping.
Memory foam, shredded foam, and foam make the best medical pillows if you need optimal spine support.
The spongy foam keeps a firm consistency while allowing you to fall in and retain shape. Most foam is hypoallergenic.
The next feature every neck pillow needs is to be big enough for your body size.
If it can’t accommodate your shoulders or you can’t comfortably lie on it, don’t buy it! Look for a pillow that fits your shoulder length comfortably so your neck can lie straight how it ought to.
In addition to being a side sleeper, if you are also suffering from some ear infection or earache, you might also prefer checking out our list of top pillows with ear holes. These are specifically designed to soothe ear pain issues.
Reviews: Best Pillows for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain
Here are the best pillows you should consider buying if you are suffering from neck pain and your preferred position for sleeping is on the side;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This Mediflow Pillow is made from a hypoallergenic cotton shell and is safe for sensitive people with skin, eye, or sinus reactions.
- This pillow promotes good sleep for side sleepers with neck pain and headaches.
- The water base technology holds the shape of your neck contour, keeping your shape as you sleep all night comfortably.
- This water pillow will provide exceptional comfort for the head.
- Say goodbye to neck pain and hello to great sleep.
- This pillow is a USA-made product containing 60% polyester and 40% bamboo-derived from viscose rayon material.
- It is hypoallergenic and more environmentally friendly than many other pillows.
- It comes with a removable case and allows you to adjust the foam amount used inside the pillow.
- Shredded memory foam provides ultimate comfort as each piece of foam responds to your shape and supports you while still having extra air between the pieces cushions you further.
- This pillow will last a long time and is dust-mite resistant.
- This pillow is machine washable and easy to keep clean.
- Not just an ordinary bed pillow, this set of 2 will bolster your comfort levels by being very thick and plush.
- Extra comfort is added to this Utopia Bedding product, thanks to the gel insert hidden inside each pillow.
- Ideal for sleeping on your side with a tender neck, neck injury, or neck pain.
- It is made from 100% cotton and is allergy-friendly (unless you are allergic to cotton).
- The gel inserted into the pillow has an anti-microbial finish, preventing microorganisms from growing inside.
- This bed cushion is proven to help in asthma treatment and the treatment of some respiratory conditions.
- This pillow has a unique ergonomic design, made from memory foam, allowing optimal neck support during the night.
- Ideal for traveling, the pillow is portable and compact in shape.
- Hypoallergenic, this pillow has no added chemicals, pollutants, or irritants.
- The pillow has an anti-microbial and dust mite-resistant insert, making it ideal for hygiene enthusiasts.
- This medical foam cushion helps side-sleepers battle neck, back, or muscle pain.
- Provides cervical and orthopedic support to those suffering from sleepless nights due to pain.
- Due to the interesting “butterfly wing” supportive shape, this pillow is ideal for any neck or back complaints when sleeping.
- Side sleeping becomes hassle-free as this pillow support everysupportsnt you can make during the ninety foam providing maximum comfort, contouring your exact shape, and firmly lifting you at the right angle.
- It keeps your spine straight at night and prevents later posture problems.
- This pillow has a stable structure, high durability, and will last a long time.
- This product’s makers provide consumers with a 100% cash-back guarantee if unsatisfied with it.
- A highly innovative designer side-sleeping pillow, shaped like a scroll that curls in toward the center on the same side.
- It was designed by a nurse and a mother with specific intentions to help all side sleepers and pregnant women.
- Cups your entire body on its side; it is perfect for watching TV on your side or sleeping on the floor.
- Highly beneficial for pregnant women who sleep on their sides.
- This pillow can provide under-belly support for pregnant side-sleepers.
- This multi-functional can replace the functions of many other pillows on the market that aid in sleeping problems related to back, side, hip, neck, and cervical pains.
- Medium-firm support and ideal neck support.
- Centi-PUR memory foam fill.
- Double-sided for seasonal changes.
- Double Pillowcase and no odors.
An ergonomically designed cervical pillow for side sleepers with neck pain.
- Available in King, Queen, or standard size options.
- Memory foam fills with a contoured design.
- It offers optimal support in all sleeping positions.
- Certi-PUR certified memory foam.
- The pillow has a comfortable contoured design to fully support your neck and shoulders and align your spine properly.
- It is filled with premium memory foam that molds to your shape for optimal comfort.
- The cover and design are very breathable and hypoallergenic.
- There are two size opinions available on the pillow.
- The Ergo pillow is designed especially for people suffering from neck pain.
- It is formed with two support zones to ensure you stay comfortable in every position.
- The curved shape offers high and low profile edges, with firmer sides to support the neck and a softer center to cradle the head.
- It is engineered to relieve pressure and provide customized support throughout the night for both side and back sleepers.