Today many are suffering from signs of back strain and are seeking robust body and back pain relief to end their suffering. Wedge pillows are excellent solutions, aiding back pain remedies and help immensely to alleviate symptoms of pain in many areas of the body.
Causes of Back-Related Body Pains
Our bodies do not function in separate units, but rather as a whole system. If your spine is out of alignment, it can cause back pain. After a long time of back pain, other areas of the body start to accommodate, forming differently and can also result in severe illnesses.
These other areas can include all knee, ankle, hip and elbow joints. Your neck, your upper and lower back and even your feet. This is because bad posture often blocks off circulation, which causes fluids to swell inside the joints and resulting in joint pain. Eventually, all this swelling and suffering leads to even more worrisome conditions, such as Edema or back problems like scoliosis, multiple sclerosis or herniated discs.
Another cause of these types of body pains can be an infection or virus, causing fluids to swell in affected areas (normally around your glands). Seek help from a doctor for treatment of this kind of swelling-induced pain.
The Pain Relief Benefits of Using Wedge Pillows
Wedge pillows refer to a pillow that is shaped as the name would imply. Wedge pillows provide your back, neck or knees with support and allow excess fluids to drain easily, ensuring you can sleep or lay down without enduring pain.
Wedge pillows can induce a deep and restful night’s sleep, as they promote healthy posture when used as sleeping pillows. They let you sleep on an incline, where fluids drain more easily from the lungs, and the air is easier able to circulate, reducing coughing, snoring or labored breathing during the night. Also, reduces symptoms of acid reflux!
Wedge pillows used under the knees can provide you with maximum support if you suffer from swelling in the legs. They elevate your feet, allowing the fluids to drain away towards your hips. Wedge pillows can also be used for sitting with support and promote good posture at desks, in bed or when watching TV.
Features & Benefits of a Good Wedge Pillow
When you are looking for the best wedge pillow to fulfill your needs, you need to identify the area of complaint. The angle of inclination is another factor to consider and will rely upon the state of your lungs.
If you suffer from lower or upper back pain, you will want a steeper wedge pillow that can extend down to the problem area to sleep on. If you only have neck pain, you will want to buy a smaller pillow for just your neck and shoulders. Under the knee wedge pillows are the most beneficial for addressing problems and providing pain relief in the legs
The best material a wedge pillow can be made from is hypoallergenic memory foam. Memory foam is durable and takes on the contours of your body shape for the most comfortable experience. It keeps your spine straight and is ideal for sensitive candidates who suffer from allergies.
Reviews: The Top Wedge Pillows
Here’s our list of the best wedge pillows worth paying attention;
- This Wedge pillow is suitable for laying down to watch TV, read or sleep comfortably without pain.
- Its gradual slope helps to alleviate the symptoms of respiratory problems.
- Can aid relieving problems with acid reflux, snoring, allergies, bad circulation, back and neck pain.
- Alternatively use this as a knee pillow to ease circulation and swelling in the knees and ankles.
- Made from foam and knit fabric, this bed wedge pillow promotes comfortable support of the neck and spine. These materials are also durable and will last for years.
- The incline of this wedge pillow will help you to digest if you have a problem after a large meal.
- Bed Wedge is an excellent choice for pregnant mothers or individuals with chronic back problems who wish to comfortably sit in bed, read, sleep or watch TV.
- The near 45-degree incline is very useful for alleviating symptoms of acid reflux and promoting good sleep.
- Made from memory foam, it cups the contours of your body, presenting the ultimate comfort with unmatched spinal support. Keeps your posture perfect when utilized.
- This product is 100% endorsed by doctors worldwide for back problems, body aches and pains associated.
- Also ideal for draining fluids from the knees and ankles when used under the knees for elevation.
- A thin one-inch layer of memory foam sits on top of a firmer foam base, making this product is the most suitable for people who require an extra degree of back support.
- Sleeping on this elevated-angle pillows will help to prevent acid reflux, nausea, coughing, asthma and respiratory symptoms while laying down.
- Ideal for pregnant women to rest on during the last months of labor.
- The cover is machine washable and a pleasure to keep clean regardless of being white.
- Keep your spinal column straight while watching TV, sleeping in bed or reading a good book while laying down.
- As recommended before for the best knee pillow options, this pillow also makes a great wedge pillow.
- Poly-cotton cover makes this pillow hassle-free to keep clean with a damp cloth.
- The elevation angle will provide the best support for letting fluids move away from areas of swelling in the ankles or knees.
- Promotes healthy sleep and provides your knees and back with the correct spinal support.
- As it supports your spine, it promotes deeper breathing and better blood flow.
- Suitable for people with Edema, lower and upper back conditions such as a herniated disc and all-around body pain.
- This pillow has more uses than merely sleeping better or watching TV in people who suffer from back pains.
- The Liberator Jaz Sex Positioning Pillow has a more acute angle combined with the right amount of firmness, designed to be specialized to help people with achieving pain-free sex positions.
- The cover is made from suede and can be cleaned using a washing machine with ease.
- The pillow has a moisture resistant liner on the inside, protecting the foam from use over time and adding to the products life span.
- Choose your favorite color out of a large variety of them and enjoy comfortable and painless sex with your partner.
- This is a larger pillow and can reach all areas of your back on an incline, aiding good sleep in people with neck, lower and upper back pain.
- Made from eco-friendly materials as well as top-quality memory foam, this is perfect for individuals who are sensitive to allergies.
- The memory foam forms just a layer under you, providing you with comfort while another layer of denser foam gives you the support you need underneath that.
- The gentler incline angle makes it useful for people who suffer from both acid reflux and insomnia from back and body pain.
- The cover is easily maintainable, just clean inside a washing machine after unzipping off the pillow.
Summary Table: Best Wedge Pillows
|1||Brentwood Home Zuma - Therapeutic Foam Bed Wedge Pillow||Brentwood Home||97|
|2||Original Bamboo Italian Wedge - Hypoallergenic Adjustable Memory Foam Wedge Pillow||Original Bamboo||95|
|3||InteVision Elevation Wedge - Foam Wedge Bed Pillow||InteVision||94|
|4||Hermell Products, Inc. Elevating - Leg Rest Wedge Pillow||Hermell Products, Inc.||97|
|5||Naruekrit Liberator Jaz - Sex Positioning Wedge Pillow||Naruekrit||95|
|6||MedSlant Theraputic Wedge - Memory Foam Overlay Wedge Pillow||MedSlant||94|
Table of Contents
- Causes of Back-Related Body Pains
- The Pain Relief Benefits of Using Wedge Pillows
- Features & Benefits of a Good Wedge Pillow
- Reviews: The Top Wedge Pillows
- Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic Foam Bed Wedge Pillow
- Original Bamboo Italian Wedge Hypoallergenic Adjustable Memory Foam Wedge Pillow
- InteVision Elevation Wedge Foam Wedge Bed Pillow
- Hermell Products, Inc. Elevating Leg Rest Wedge Pillow
- Naruekrit Liberator Jaz Sex Positioning Wedge Pillow
- MedSlant Theraputic Wedge Memory Foam Overlay Wedge Pillow
- Summary Table: Best Wedge Pillows