Alleviating Your legs can have many health benefits, particularly if you suffer from an injury or condition where this is necessary.
The right Pillow can make a huge difference in the comfort, support, and healing process for elevating your legs.
Benefits of Leg Elevation
Elevating your legs above the heart, even just for 6 to 12 inches, takes the leg veins’ pressure and improves blood flow through the veins in your legs and throughout the rest of your body.
Other than that, sleeping with your legs elevated may just feel amazing and more relaxing.
- Injury Healing – Elevating your legs may be necessary if you have an injury as it speeds up the healing process and takes the pressure off the injured areas.
- Post Surgery – After Leg surgery, your legs will need to stay elevated for blood flow to prevent clots and speed up healing.
- Feels Comfortable – Elevating your legs when relaxing or sleeping feels comfortable and relaxing all in itself.
- Pain Relief – You can soothe back, leg, and even foot pain just by elevating your legs.
- Insomia Cure – Elevating Your Legs when sleeping may just be the cure you are looking for for that dreaded insomnia.
- Healthy – Elevating your legs has proven to improve blood circulation and reduce strain, which is excellent and beneficial for your entire body’s well-being.
Some Leg Elevation Don’t’s and Tips
Many physicians have chosen elevation as an effective method to treat veins, blood flow issues, and pain and swelling. This is a simple and affordable treatment, yet you must do it with proper care and techniques for the best health benefits;
- Not Using a Support or Pillow – Not using a soft and supportive pillow and just opting for the armrest of the couch, a hard chair, or wall places strain on your legs and causes blood to pool rather than to circulate.
- Medical Conditions – Conditions such as Congestive Heat failure and Peripheral Arterial disease may prohibit you from elevating your legs as this could cause further harm.
- Bad Habit Replacement – Never use the benefits of Elevating your legs to relace bad habits that cause poor circulation and pain in the first place. These bad habits may include smoking, no exercise, unhealthy eating habits, wearing high heels, and improper footwear.
- Not Elevating Long Enough – You need to elevate your legs for at least 15-20 minutes, uninterrupted at a time, to reap any benefits at all; otherwise, you are just wasting your time.
- Lying on a Short Surface – You need to lie down on a surface that allows you to extend your entire body fully to reap the full benefits of elevating your legs, so, therefore, a couch may not always be as effective.
- Proper Positioning – Before elevating your legs, ensure that you have a proper posture lying down and that you are not twisting your neck and back. Your back, neck, and head should be appropriately aligned and flat.
- Straight Legs – Never keep your legs completely straight when elevated, the need to be slightly bent. And on the contrary, do not bend the excessively.
- The Right Pillow – Unfortunately, a regular pillow just is not as effective; you need a proper pillow for leg elevation that is the right size and shape for your body.
Features of a Good Leg Elevation Pillow
- Filled with durable and comfortable Memory Foam or foam.
- The pillow has a bamboo or cotton, removable, and washable cover.
- It is shaped to support your legs fully and the correct size.
- It is filled with firm, high-density foams.
- Non-Toxic and Hypoallergenic materials.
Reviews: The Best Leg Elevation Pillows
Below are listed our top choices in Leg Elevation Pillows;
We hope you love the pillows we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Hermell Zero Gravity Leg Elevation Pillow is ideal for post-surgery and sore and uncomfortable legs and feet.
- Offers exceptional pain-relieving Zero Gravity alignment, maintaining the correct posture for your lower back and spine.
- You get a full circumference for a more comfortable platform for your legs to rest on.
- It is built from durable high-grade polyurethane foam with a blended cotton cover.
- The cover is removable and machine washable.
This comfortable memory foam leg wedge and elevation pillow has a washable natural cover.
- It is filled with premium memory foam layers that mold your body’s shape for superior support and comfort.
- It offers superb back, leg, and hip pain relief and is ideal to use post-surgery or injury.
- It improves blood circulation and keeps your body in an optimal position.
- The memory foam used has a high density for firmer support.
- There is a comfortable natural breathable and removable cover that can be machine washed.
The Astrology Elevating leg Pillow is filled with plush foam and helps to improve circulation.
- The ideal height for effective support and pain relief while giving more natural spinal alignment.
- The dense luxury foam will not flatten and lose its shape with time.
- There is an extra-wide platform for you to place your legs comfortably.
- It also comes with a removable and machine washable cover.
It is a perfect natural Bamboo and foam wedge Leg Elevation Pillow from Zen.
- A durable, removable, and machine washable blended Bamboo and microfiber cover.
- The elevation pillow has an Ideal height for spinal alignment and pain relief.
- A larger platform for better legs and foot placement makes it a perfect fit for utmost comfort.
- Very high density and durable foam filling that will not flatten.
- The leg elevation pillow is made with the best quality foam and is sturdy enough to maintain the shape.
- Its cover is hypoallergenic and washable, which allows easy maintenance.
- Relieve edema and make your posture straight with the help of the EBUNG leg elevation pillow.
- It also improves blood circulation and supports the muscle while you sleep.
- This pillow has versatile uses and ensures support even after surgery.
- This elevated pillow is super comfy and efficiently elevates the legs at a proper angle.
- The supportive foam wedge pillow keeps the shape even after hours of usage, making it durable.
- It features a removable cover made of poly-cotton fabric that you can clean easily in a machine.
- Relieve the discomfort from knee pain, back pain, and other conditions by taking the pressure off.
- This is an Ideal Post Op Pillow to elevate your legs on.
- It has a memory foam comfort top and a removable and washable cover.
- Also, you will see the Egyptian cotton breathable and comfortable pillowcase.
- Designed for optimal support and comfort.
- A premium memory foam-filled leg elevation pillow for optimal support and comfort.
- The comfortable pillow has a versatile design that reduces pressure on the legs, hips, and back.
- The cover is removable and fully washable, made from soft polyester fabric.
- It has a zero-risk purchase that comes with a warranty.
- It is an Orthopedic design Memory Foam leg elevation Pillow.
- This product offers exceptional ankle and leg support and comfort.
- It comes with an Orthopedic design to reduce pain and tension.
- It has comfortable and firm support from high-quality memory foam.
- A machine-washable cover for even more convenience.
- The unique design of this leg elevation pillow gives your legs a gentle lift.
- You can also use it to angle injured legs and knee joints to bring optimum healing.
- It prevents blood from flowing towards the legs and induces quicker healing.
- This leg elevation pillow keeps the legs in place to prevent further injury.
- Made up of polyurethane foam, it also includes a machine-washable velour cover.
- This ideal leg rest pillow improves the body’s posture while sleeping or resting.
- Relieve excess pressure off your legs, hips, and knee with Abco Tech’s leg rest pillow.
- It eliminates leg cramps and adds ease to ensure maximum comfort while sitting.
- The pillow also provides comfort and relief from varicose veins, restless leg syndrome, and phlebitis.
- This pillow doesn’t collapse under body weight due to its premium foam material.
- It is highly durable and designed to support, no matter how you use it.
Index Table: Top Rated Leg Elevation Pillows
|1||Hermell Zero Gravity - Post Surgery Leg Elevation Pillow||Hermell||98|
|2||Cushy Form Wedge - Leg Elevation Pillow||Cushy Form||99|
|3||Restorology Foam - Leg Elevation Pillow||Restorology||97|
|4||Zen Bamboo - Leg Elevation Pillow||Zen||98|
|5||Ebung High-Density - Leg Elevation Pillow||Ebung||97|
|6||DMI Ortho - Leg Elevation Pillow||DMI||97|
|7||Intevision Ortho - Knee Elevation Wedge Pillow||Intevision||96|
|8||Lenora Elevating - Leg Rest Pillow||Lenora||96|
|9||LightEase Memory Foam - Leg elevation Pillow||LightEase||97|
|10||Milliard Double Foam - Leg Elevation Pillow||Milliard||95|
|11||Abco Tech - Leg Elevation Pillow||Abco Tech||97|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Leg Elevation
- Some Leg Elevation Don’t’s and Tips
- Features of a Good Leg Elevation Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Leg Elevation Pillows
- Hermell® Zero Gravity Post Surgery Leg Elevation Pillow
- Cushy Form® Wedge Leg Elevation Pillow
- Restorology® Foam Leg Elevation Pillow
- Zen® Bamboo Leg Elevation Pillow
- Ebung® High-Density Leg Elevation Pillow
- DMI® Ortho Leg Elevation Pillow
- Intevision® Ortho Knee Elevation Wedge Pillow
- Lenora® Elevating Leg Rest Pillow
- LightEase® Memory Foam Leg elevation Pillow
- Milliard® Double Foam Leg Elevation Pillow
- Abco Tech® Leg Elevation Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Leg Elevation Pillows