Using a CPAP machine to improve their breathing and sleep apnea during the night knows the struggles of getting comfortable. You have a mask pressing on your face causing painful indentations, and similarly, the risk of tubes getting caught and mask leaks.
Therefore choosing the right pillow that will accommodate all the fittings and trimmings of your CPAP machine will make all the difference in giving you a comfortable and good night’s rest. Let’s find out about the best pillows for CPAP.
CPAP Uses and Components
A CPAP mask and air pump deliver mild air pressure to your upper airways while you are sleeping.
Depending on the machine, the air pressure may be constant or variable. Likewise, there is an automatic version, the CAPAP, that has a built-in algorithm to deliver variable air pressure tailored to an individual’s needs.
A CPAP machine’s function is to provide constant or variable air pressure to your upper airways to prevent it from collapsing, which in turn allows you to breathe normally when sleeping.
CPAP is the most effective non-surgical treatment available today that aids in obstructive sleep apnea.
This is a widely used choice of treatment for sleep apnea, which effectively manages obstructive sleep apnea and similarly snoring.
Pillow for CPAP Accommodation
Not only for CPAP users, but likewise, those who use a BiPAP, or APAP, a high-quality pillow that accommodates the machinery without obstructing your sleep routine is imperative.
There is nothing as unfortunate as sleeping uncomfortable, and this can also affect your daily duties and routines, as lack of sleep will leave you sluggish and unresponsive.
A suitable CPAP pillow should allow you freedom of movement and accommodation comfortable sleep in multiple positions, such as your back, sides, and stomach.
A good quality memory foam pillow that is contoured, supporting both your sleep posture and likewise the CPAP machine, is precisely what you should be looking for.
Look for some of these features in pillows for CPAP;
- Memory foam, shredded memory foam, or a poly-fiber blend fill.
- Adjustable loft design.
- Comfortable in all positions of sleep.
- Variable loft positions.
- Available in different size options.
- A waterproof and washable cover is a good idea but optional.
Reviews: The Best Pillows for CPAP
Here are some of our top choices when it comes to CPAP pillows.
Also, we would like to inform you we shall earn a small commission with every purchase made through the links in the article.
The Scandinavia contour is explicitly designed to provide a comfortable and supportive night’s rest for CPAP and BiPAP users.
It has an ergonomic design ideal for sleeping in multiple positions that will offer you the best support and accommodation for your CPAP machine.
- Ergonomically designed that supports and contours your body while giving ample room for CPAP equipment.
- CPAP compliant.
- It is covered in a high-quality material that is comfortable and wicks away moisture to keep you cool while controlling heat.
- Hand filled with polyester fiber that has been siliconized to offer you the best loft and prevents allergies build up.
- The pure cotton cover is removable and hand-washable for even more convenient use.
The memory foam-filled Endurimed has a sloped design allowing you to comfortably sleep with a facial or nasal mask, including tubing while offering you plenty of room to move freely.
- It contains fewer pressure points that can cause pressure or leaks for you to breathe easily and get a good night’s rest.
- Soft enough to be comfortable yet firm enough to support your head, neck, and spine correctly.
- This pillow is compliant with CPAP, BiPAP, and APAP machines.
- This pillow similarly enables you to sleep in any position, on your back, side, or stomach.
- The Endurimed memory foam pillow offers you the highest quality and most innovative design in CPAP pillows.
The CPAP Max from Contour Products is yet another exceptional CPAP compliant pillow, with all the trimmings that you could require for a comfortable and fuss-free sleeping position of your choice.
- A dual-sided memory foam pillow is allowing you to choose a pillow type of your requirement.
- Pressure-free cut-out zones that will not interfere with your CPAP equipment and tubes.
- The ergonomic design contours to position you into you the perfect alignment while sleeping.
- A concave center gently cradles your head while supporting your neck and shoulders.
- The dense foam layer offers excellent firm support while the charcoal-infused high resilience foam layer neutralizes odors.
- Finally, you have an extended hose tether for improved hose control.
This is an excellent choice for a side sleeping pillow for CPAP users that prevent pressure point soreness and likewise leaks from pillow interference.
- Quilted side panels create a distinct edge that allows your mask to hang comfortably over the sides of your pillow to prevent uncomfortable pressure points.
- This pillow works wonders with all nasal, full face, or nasal pillow style masks.
- It offers excellent, durable support for your head and neck that improves your spine’s overall alignment.
- Ideal for side sleeping on both sides and even for stomach sleeping.
- You can choose between a 3, 4, or 5-inch thickness option; make sure to check your choice when placing your order online.
- Included is a washable and removable fitted pillowcase.
The Carex CPAP pillow allows you so much more freedom of movement with less hassle for the tosser and turner.
- This pillow gives you much more room to move while sleeping and lessens the discomfort of changing sleeping positions.
- Constructed uniquely with an appropriate and comfortable angle, it is ideal for preventing mask leaks.
- Accommodates a hose and mask easily without tube interference.
- The cover is removable and washable for your convenience.
- This pillow fully supports your head and neck, aiding in sleep enhancement and comfort.
A versatile and highly supportive wedge pillow for the most comfortable night’s rest.
- A slightly elevated wedge design with an additional arm resting area and accommodates CPAP machines and equipment.
- With this pillow, you get the benefit of two pillows in one with a cutout armrest.
- The zippered cover is removable and fully washable.
Not your average CPAP pillow but a versatile design that is large and accommodative enough to ensure a comfortable night’s rest with your CPAP machine.
- Large surface area wedge design that is slightly elevating.
- Versatile to use for sleeping, sitting up, or even as a body pillow under your legs or hips.
- It is filled with high-density foam for a firm loft.
- Covered in a smooth and breathable cover that is removable and washable.
A perfect design to contour to your body’s curves while offering excellent space and accommodating features for CPAP users.
- Filled with high-density firm support memory foam.
- A contoured design that cradles your head and neck and accommodates your CPAP machine accessories and parts.
- A fully washable, smooth, and breathable softcover.
- Highly durable and resilient design.
- Perfect for side and back sleepers.
- The pillow has elevated support to help with conditions like acid reflux and respiratory problems
- Also, the high-density foam stays in shape while being firm and supportive
- Additionally, the cover is removable and machine washable.
- There will be subjectivity and a sizing tolerance when measuring this cushion
- Also, you can choose from various sizes and thicknesses to suit yourself.
- Experience a night of better quality sleep with the supportive ergonomic design of the pillow.
- Additionally, the pillow has a contoured design to support the head, neck, shoulder, and back in a neutral position.
- The memory foam construction is breathable and cooling to the body for a ventilated sleep.
- Also, it comes with a rayon and polyester blend pillowcase that is machine washable.
- Moreover, you will be able to breathe smoothly and sleep without snoring or any other interruptions.
- Sleep conveniently anytime, anywhere with this inflatable wedge pillow.
- Moreover, it is versatile in use as a footpad, back support while you are sitting.
- The pillow is small and compact enough to be carried anywhere while traveling.
- Additionally, it contains no harmful chemicals or odors, preventing any health hazard.
- Also, it is effortless to inflate and deflate as per the adjustments you need for comfort.
- The pillow is in the form of a bed wedge, which supports the neck and head.
- Also, it will relieve discomfort associated with respiratory problems, poor circulation, and back or neck pain.
- It is foldable for convenience to store anywhere while not in use.
- Additionally, it comes with a handle that makes it portable to take it along with you.
- This pillow is designed especially for CPAP and BIPAP users and maximizes comfort.
- It comes with specialized cut-outs to allow side sleeping for mask users.
- It also reduces air leaks and masks pressure on the face.
- The pillow allows proper airflow and comes with a removable cover.
- This pillow for CPAP users is made with high-quality, low-rebound, 100% memory foam.
- The contoured design allows the neck and shoulder muscles to relax and promotes spinal alignment.
- It comes in a 25x16x4.2 inches size and is perfect for side and back sleepers.
- The cover is soft and breathable, as well as easy to wash.
- This pillow is specially engineered to provide maximum comfort for back and side sleepers.
- It helps keep CPAP and Bi-PAP masks in place and helps to prevent soreness.
- The hypoallergenic polyester fill is anti-clumping and cradles the head for maximum support and comfort.
- It comes with an ultra-soft washable cover made of polyester and cotton.
These are some of the Pillows’ top choices that you will find to accommodate a CPAP machine and reduce pressure points. Likewise, some of these models offer superior comfort and support features that are vital for maintaining the alignment of your spine.
Gone are the nights of uncomfortable sleep, pressure indents on your face, and mask leaks.
Index Table: Best CPAP Pillows
|1||Scandvia Contoured - Breathe Easy CPAP Pillow||Scandvia||98|
|2||Endurimed Memory Foam - CPAP Pillow||Endurimed||96|
|3||Contour Products CPAP Max - Contoured Pillow||Contour Products||96|
|4||Core Products Fiber - C-Pap Accomodating Pillow||Core Products||95|
|5||Carex CPAP - Pillow for Sleep Apnea||Carex||95|
|6||Healthex Bed Wedge - Arm Sleeper Pillow||Healthex||98|
|7||Cushy Form bed Wedge - CPAP Accommodating Pillow||Cushy Form||97|
|8||RELAX SUPPORT CPAP - Wedge Contoured Pillow||RELAX SUPPORT||97|
|9||HealthSmart Elevating - Adjustable CPAP Pillow||HealthSmart||96|
|10||HOMCA Ergonomic - Contour CPAP Pillow||HOMCA||94|
|11||WEY&FLY Inflatable - Travel Pillows for CPAP||WEY&FLY||92|
|12||Drive Medical Foldable - Portable CPAP Pillow||Drive Medical||95|
|13||HLS VirtuREST - CPAP Pillow||HLS||94.7|
|14||Mkicesky Contour - CPAP Cervical Pillow||Mkicesky||94.3|
|15||Blue Chip Medical Side - CPAP Pillow||Blue Chip Medical||93.8|
Table of Contents
- CPAP Uses and Components
- CPAP Effectiveness
- Pillow for CPAP Accommodation
- Reviews: The Best Pillows for CPAP
- Scandvia® Contoured Breathe Easy CPAP Pillow
- Endurimed® Memory Foam CPAP Pillow
- Contour Products® CPAP Max Contoured Pillow
- Core Products® Fiber C-Pap Accomodating Pillow
- Carex® CPAP Pillow for Sleep Apnea
- Healthex® Bed Wedge Arm Sleeper Pillow
- Cushy Form® bed Wedge CPAP Accommodating Pillow
- RELAX SUPPORT® CPAP Wedge Contoured Pillow
- HealthSmart® Elevating Adjustable CPAP Pillow
- HOMCA® Ergonomic Contour CPAP Pillow
- WEY&FLY® Inflatable Travel Pillows for CPAP
- Drive Medical® Foldable Portable CPAP Pillow
- HLS® VirtuREST CPAP Pillow
- Mkicesky® Contour CPAP Cervical Pillow
- Blue Chip Medical® Side CPAP Pillow
- Index Table: Best CPAP Pillows