Pressure Relief Cushions come in many shapes, sizes, and designs with the specific aim of relieving pressure from high-pressure areas in your body, which are under strain.
Painful areas in the body or areas under constant strain, such as the back, neck, and buttocks from sitting or laying down positions, can be supported by using the correct Pressure Relieving Pillow.
The Pressure Relief Cushion and Who Needs It
Ideally, the Pressure relief Pillow will have the greatest advantage to people who sit or lie down in a position for very long periods of time and are at risk of pressure sores and ulcers, or muscles are becoming tense and painful.
Pressure relief Cushions do just that; they provide soft and comfortable relief of pressure from harder objects against the body and muscles and provide soothing relief.
Some Benefits of the Pressure Relief Cushion May Include
- Prevent Pressure Ulcers and Sores – When someone needs to be seated or lying down in a specific position for long periods of time, certain areas of the body can become pressure points that may cause pain, discomfort, and even result in Ulcers. A Pressure relief cushion can relieve the pressure on these specific areas. Areas may include the back, neck, and even tailbone or coccyx.
- WheelChair Users – Because individuals in wheelchairs spend most of their time in the wheelchair, pressure sores and pain or discomfort can develop after a while. A good Pressure Relief seat Cushion can help to prevent this and make the seat of the wheelchair softer and much more comfortable.
- Car Seats – Car Seats can become extremely uncomfortable, particularly with long drives, a good lumbar, neck, and seat cushion. These can help relieve the pressure of these key areas, which usually suffer the most.
- Post Injury or Surgery – Pressure Relief cushions are also used many times after surgeries or injuries to relieve pressure off those specific areas that may be more sensitive and painful to any form of pressure.
Pressure Relief Cushion Types
- Pressure Relief Cushion Types – Pressure relief Cushions, as I have mentioned before, come in many shapes, sizes, and types, each with a specific purpose or area for which it is designed. The Seat design Pressure cushion relieves pressure from the tailbone and coccyx area. It is ideal for people who need to sit for long periods of time, or who have back issues, or who may have undergone surgeries in the perineal area. The Neck Cushion provides pressure relief in the neck area when seated or lying down, and similarly, a lumbar cushioned provides back pressure relief. The seat cushion can likewise also be used in wheelchairs along with pressure cushions designed specifically for wheelchairs.
- Risk Ratings – Medical grade Pressure Cushions come in different levels of support, usually aimed at individuals at risk of developing pressure sores, which are High, Low, and Medium risk. Pressure relief Cushions also help to improve blood circulation in patients depending on the materials used.
- Material Types – Gel and memory foam are the two best fills used in pressure Relief Cushions that have been deemed the most effective. Foam cushions with an Egg Crate design are also highly sought after for pressure relief and inflatable air cushions, surprisingly providing excellent pressure relief.
Features of a Good Pressure Relief Cushion
- Strong and sturdy design that can handle high weight capacities.
- Breathable and hypoallergenic cover that is washable and removable.
- It is filled with Gel, Air, or memory foam.
- Anti Microbial treated or agents for hygiene.
- Inflation design that is battery or electricity operated.
Reviews: The Best Pressure Relief Cushions
Here you will find some of the most comfortable and sought-after Pressure Relief Cushions
The FOMI Pressure Relief Cushion is ideal for almost any seat type including in your wheelchair, for optimal pressure relief.
- It advanced column buckling technology that helps to disperse your body weight much more easily.
- It has made fro very resilient and high-quality medical-grade GEL that will not lose its shape.
- Portable design and comes with a handy carry handle for traveling.
- Easy to wash with a removable zippered cover.
The Avlio Socket seat is a seat cushion designed for optimal pressure relief in the buttock and coccyx area.
- It takes the pressure off the back, tailbone, and coccyx when you are in a steady position.
- It is made with high-density memory foam and a 3D spaced with a breathable mesh cover.
- The two holes cut in the buttock area relieves pressure, and the ergonomic contours provide optimal support and comfort,
- Portable design with a built-in carry handle and ideal for use in a car or wheelchair.
This is a soft and pressure-relieving foam Egg Crate design Pillow for your chair or wheelchair that offers full-body comfort and support.
- Sculpted Egg Crate design foam.
- Medical Grade Egg Crate foam helps with pressure sores and takes the weight off sensitive areas.
- Full design pillow that fits over an entire chair, seat, or wheelchair.
- It improves circulation and offers excellent pain relief.
From Everlasting Comfort, the Seat cushion for car seats and office chairs is one of the top choices for long sitting periods.
- A seat cushion that offers optimal tailbone and coccyx pressure and pain relief.
- Made from heat-responsive memory foam that contours and cradles your natural shape.
- Orthopedic design and quality with a unique U shape for ideal support.
- It is very versatile and can be used on an office chair, car seat, or even in a wheelchair.
- It comes with a Lifetime Replacement guarantee for quality.
The Medacure Pressure Relief Cushion is ideal for use in a wheelchair offering sublime comfort and pressure relief.
- It comes in different size options to fit different chair and wheelchair sizes and types.
- An Inflatable cushion that is battery-operated and safe to use.
- There are six alternating pressure cells inside the cushion and five low air loss cells with ten low air loss holes.
- It is designed specifically for mobility chairs, wheelchairs, mobility scooters, and Geri Cars.
- Easy touch screen pump control for adjustable therapy.
The Lebogner Car Headrest Pillow can be used as a neck or lumbar support and pressure relief pillow.
- It is made from high-quality memory foam with an ergonomic shape to offer excellent support for the neck or lumbar area when seated.
- It is ideal for an office chair or car seat, amongst other seat types.
- Cradles and supports your neck in optimal alignment and pressure-relieving position.
- It comes with an adjustable elastic strap for easy fitting on most seat types.
- A comfortable pain and pressure relief pillow.
- It uses Comunm-Buckling technology that disperses your bodyweight evenly and prevents high-pressure points.
- Made from a resilient medical-grade gel, which keeps its original shape,
- Portable with carrying handles and can be used on most chair types.
- It comes with a washable zip closure cover.
- Maximum pain and pressure relief and comfort.
- A premium memory foam layer cushion with a gel coverage layer for cooling comfort.
- Highly durable medical-grade memory foam and gel combinations are used,
- Ergonomic design promotes better posture and healthy weight distribution.
- This pillow eliminates high-pressure hotspots that create pressure sores.
- Ideal for wheelchairs, recliners, car seats, and many other chair types.
- Clinically tested 3D flotation technology is used.
- Outperform has a cooling gel layer, and the interior is foam and air.
- This pressure relief cushion is designed especially for Wheelchairs.
- It is designed to relieve pressure sores in wheelchair users as they lack the pressure relief provided by the alternating pneumatic airflow that allows for circulation and stimulation of the muscles.
- This cushion is easily portable and offers convenient functionality.
- It offers two modes, Static for firm pressure or Alternate for stimulating air pressure, with five comfort levels and three levels of cycle time.
- This cushion provides a thick foam support base that is non-slip and breathable, along with a rechargeable battery.
- This is an ergonomically designed seat cushion to provide comfort and support while reducing pressure.
- It is a portable Memory foam pillow that you can use for office chairs, wheelchairs while watching tv, or doing an activity while sitting down.
- The pillow also helps recover from lower back problems, sciatica pain, tailbone injuries, and hip problems.
- It comes with a zippered Velour cover that is machine washable and breathable.
- This is a modified double get seat cushion designed to relieve pressure while sitting down.
- It comes in a honeycomb design that provides maximum support and comfort and reduces stress simultaneously.
- It combines soft sitting with stable support by evenly absorbing and dissipating pressure.
- The soft and elastic gel material makes it flexible and ensures that it retains its original shape.
- This donut cushion is designed for the sole purpose of relieving pressure and pain when sitting down.
- It is made with high-quality, heat-responsive memory foam that absorbs and dissipates pressure evenly.
- The design offers a central hole with contoured edges to raise you from the seat surface.
- It comes in a large size, measuring 18.5 x 15 x 2.5 inches, and is lightweight for easy portability.
Index Table: Top Rated Pressure Relief Cushions
|1||FOMI Premium - Pressure Relief Seat Cushion||FOMI||98.9|
|2||Avlio Socket Seat - Pressure Relief Seat Cushion||Avlio||98.4|
|3||Egg Crate Foam - Pressure Relief Cushion||Egg Crate||98.1|
|4||Everlasting Comfort Cushion - Pressure Relief Seat Cushion||Everlasting Comfort||97.7|
|5||Medacure Alternating - Pressure Relief WheelChair Cushion||Medacure||97.3|
|6||Lebogner Lumbar and Neck - Pressure Relief Car Cushion||Lebogner||96.9|
|7||Fomi Premium - Pressure Relief Cushion||Fomi||96.5|
|8||Kieba Coccyx - Pressure Relief Ergonomic Cushion||Kieba||96.1|
|9||Purap Seat Cushion - Pressure Relief Cushion||Purap||95.7|
|10||M PAIN MANAGEMENT Wheelchair - Alternating Pressure Cushion||M PAIN MANAGEMENT||95.4|
|11||Pillow Arcade Orthopedic - Pressure Relief Seat Cushion||Pillow Arcade||95.1|
|12||SUPTEMPO Enhanced - Gel Seat Cushion||SUPTEMPO||94.6|
|13||Ergonomic Innovations Donut - Relief Support Pillow||Ergonomic Innovations||94.2|
Table of Contents
- The Pressure Relief Cushion and Who Needs It
- Pressure Relief Cushion Types
- Features of a Good Pressure Relief Cushion
- Reviews: The Best Pressure Relief Cushions
- FOMI® Premium Pressure Relief Seat Cushion
- Avlio® Socket Seat Pressure Relief Seat Cushion
- Egg Crate® Foam Pressure Relief Cushion
- Everlasting Comfort® Cushion Pressure Relief Seat Cushion
- Medacure® Alternating Pressure Relief WheelChair Cushion
- Lebogner® Lumbar and Neck Pressure Relief Car Cushion
- Fomi® Premium Pressure Relief Cushion
- Kieba® Coccyx Pressure Relief Ergonomic Cushion
- Purap® Seat Cushion Pressure Relief Cushion
- M PAIN MANAGEMENT® Wheelchair Alternating Pressure Cushion
- Pillow Arcade® Orthopedic Pressure Relief Seat Cushion
- SUPTEMPO® Enhanced Gel Seat Cushion
- Ergonomic Innovations® Donut Relief Support Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Pressure Relief Cushions