Do you suffer from the mortifying discomfort of neck or back pain?
Do you find that the pain is worse after sleeping?
It could be that you neglect to support your spine properly and require a sleeping pillow that provides neck and back support to alleviate any associated pain and discomfort.
Table of Contents
- The Relationship between Neck and Back Pain
- Having a Straight Spine is the Ultimate Neck and Back Pain Treatment
- Best Therapeutic Pillow Materials for Neck and Back Pain
- Reviews: Best Pillows for Neck and Back Pain
- Tri-Core® Cervical Pillow for Back and Neck Pain
- Wonwo® Cervical Supporting Memory Foam Pillow
- Mkicesky® Innovative Orthopedic Back and Neck Pillow
- Coisum® Cervical Side Sleeping Pillow for Back and Neck Pain
- BananaBlue® Cervical Contour Design Bed Pillow for Back and Neck Pain
- Elviros® Firm Neck and Back Support Pillow
- Sagino® cervical Back and Neck Pain Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Soledi® memory Foam Contoured Neck & Back Pillow
- BaaoBaab® Cervical Orthopedic Adjustable Neck Support Bed Sleeping Pillow
- Comparison Table: Best Neck & Back Pain Pillows
The Relationship between Neck and Back Pain
Many people wonder why they suffer from neck and back pain after sleeping.
It seems counter-intuitive, as one should wake up feeling refreshed, relaxed, and ready to tackle the new day.
The answer to why this occurs is straightforward: neck and back pain often go hand-in-hand.
The spine is fragile, with many discs holding your back up.
If this structure is compromised or put into any position that is not helpful to good posture, it will lead to back and neck pain over time.
When the spine is out of alignment, the discs going all the way along are also compromised and put under the same strain, so even a hip problem could result in back and neck pain.
Sleeping puts people’s spines out due to the position they keep their spines in while asleep. Moreover, shoulder pain can also be the reason behind neck and back pain. Consider buying effective pillows for shoulder pain to avoid the pain elevating to other body parts.
Having a Straight Spine is the Ultimate Neck and Back Pain Treatment
The best treatments for back and neck pain from sleeping are therapeutic pillows that adjust your spine to the right position when you’re asleep.
The most ergonomic design used continuously to support your back while sleeping tends to dip in the middle to hold your head in the right place. The core design never changes, but density, materials, shapes, and sizes differ on the market to account for different needs.
The best way to know if you are correctly holding your posture when sleeping on your back is to try the pen test.
If you can balance a pen on your forehead while lying back to sleep, and it doesn’t fall off, you have achieved the perfect posture.
If it falls, it means your spine is not straight, and you should consider better support to remedy your back and neck pain.
Best Therapeutic Pillow Materials for Neck and Back Pain
The best materials for orthopedic cushions that help alleviate neck and back pain must be made from a very supportive material with an element of softness.
Memory foam takes the lead in therapeutic pillow technology, holding your shape perfectly while still allowing you to sink right in.
Other materials for pillows for back and neck pain relief would be shredded memory foam, foam, and firmly packed stuffing substitutes.
Cotton or perforated materials are the best pillow covers to enhance sleep because you will not wake up with hot flashes or night sweats. Perforation allows for an even distribution of heat.
If you suffer from swelling or neck injury, I highly recommend looking for a medical support pillow with a cooling gel inside it to promote the best sleep possible.
Additionally, hip pain is another major problem related to our sleeping habits. Suppose you have constant hip pain because of your ineffective pillow. Try checking out some best quality pillows for hip pain now to eliminate the pain.
Reviews: Best Pillows for Neck and Back Pain
Do not let back or neck pain have the best of you; make sure you use a pillow that provides ample back and neck support, keeping your spine well-aligned.
Below are listed some of the best options in pillows for those suffering from back or neck pain;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Tri-Core Cervical Pillow has three sizes for larger or smaller personnel with back and neck complaints seeking a refreshing night’s sleep.
- One of the sizes available is suitable for children and young teens with neck and back pain who struggle to sleep.
- Perfect for neck or side sleepers who have migraines, neck pain, or back pain after sleeping.
- Please just turn the pillow to its other side if you need more or less support.
- A medically endorsed cervical pillow, the tri-core, is recommended by medical experts for full neck and spine support.
- Filled with hypoallergenic fibers and a breathable cotton cover, it allows for no-sweat sleeping.
- This contour pillow is ideal to fit all types of sleepers.
- It supports the neck, back, and shoulders due to its special design and different heights in the front and back for optimum support.
- It follows the head and neck contours to support, promote muscle relaxation, relieve pain, and alleviate shoulder stiffness.
- The pillow has high-density, slow-rebound memory foam with a temperature-regulating mechanism for proper ventilation.
The Mkicesky Back and Neck Pillow is an orthopedic pillow specially constructed from the best quality memory foam (100% polyurethane) and will allow you to sleep all night comfortably.
- Ultimate cervical support, besides unmatched comfort, will refresh you upon waking.
- It is ergonomically crafted to support your neck, back, and shoulders while you sleep, effectively treating neck and back pain and symptoms.
- The cover is eco-friendly, made from bamboo fibers, removable, and can wash it conveniently inside the washing machine.
- Perfect for side and back sleepers who suffer from back pain, hip pain, neck pain, or migraines.
The Coisum Cervical Pillow is ideal for helping prevent and treat back and neck pain.
- The orthopedic design offers excellent comfort and support for your back and neck.
- It offers exceptional orthopedic relief for side and back sleepers in particular.
- The Pillow will help to stop pain and aches in your back and neck area.
- It is filled with Certi-PUR-certified memory foam.
The CNBEYOUNG Bed Pillow’s butterfly design is the best possible orthopedic design for neck and back support, holding your neck in the center with a perfectly straight spine.
- It is covered in bamboo fiber rayon and is 100% skin-friendly. Also, it guarantees a sweat-free night.
- A fantastic solution for side sleepers as a neck and back pain treatment, with enough leverage on either side to hold your spine straight and shoulders relaxed.
- Lightweight, the material is cooling and useful for reducing swelling during sleep.
- Made from hypoallergenic memory foam, it can hold your shape exactly how your body needs to be supported during sleep.
One of the best features of the very comfortable Neck Hero back and neck support pillow is that it is portable and can be used for sleeping in bed or reclining on a sofa.
- It is ideal for individuals with upper back and neck pain and can be combined with other pillows for maximized comfort.
- Conveniently comes with a travel case, pillow cover, and neck support pillow.
- The Marnur comes in 3 different soft, medium, and firm firmness to treat all kinds of back and neck pains and problems.
- Easy to keep clean and machine washable.
This pillow is for side and back sleeping, which helps ease back and neck pain.
- The pillow is designed for sleeping on your back or your side.
- It has a cervical design and ergonomic shape for optimal support and comfort.
- Your pillow comes with two removable and washable covers that are hypoallergenic.
- The p[Willow is filled with premium memory foam.
- This is a specially designed pillow with an ergonomic design for cervical support.
- It cradles and supports the curve of the neck to help ease discomfort.
- The memory foam supports proper spinal alignment to relieve neck, shoulder, and back pain by relaxing the muscles.
- It has premium-quality materials, high-density memory foam, and breathable inner and outer covers.
- The foam filling is made from a very specialized yellow odorless memory foam, which will shape your exact contour and give you support and comfort.
- Made in the USA, this cervical pillow is 100% hypoallergenic, hygienic, anti-bacterial, and dust mite resistant.
- This pillow is very long-lasting, machine washable, and comes with a 5year warranty.
- It provides fantastic back and neck support, which will remedy back pain, neck pain, pain in the hips and joints, as well as migraines!
- Available in Queen, Queen Firm, King, and King Firm sizes.
Comparison Table: Best Neck & Back Pain Pillows
|1||Tri-Core Cervical - Pillow for Back and Neck Pain||Tri-Core||98.9|
|2||Wonwo Cervical - Supporting Memory Foam Pillow||Wonwo||95.8|
|3||Mkicesky Innovative - Orthopedic Back and Neck Pillow||Mkicesky||97.8|
|4||Coisum Cervical - Side Sleeping Pillow for Back and Neck Pain||Coisum||97|
|5||BananaBlue Cervical Contour Design - Bed Pillow for Back and Neck Pain||BananaBlue||98.2|
|6||Elviros Firm - Neck and Back Support Pillow||Elviros||98.5|
|7||Sagino cervical - Back and Neck Pain Pillow for Side Sleepers||Sagino||96.7|
|8||Soledi memory Foam - Contoured Neck & Back Pillow||Soledi||96.3|
|9||BaaoBaab Cervical Orthopedic - Adjustable Neck Support Bed Sleeping Pillow||BaaoBaab||99.3|