Discomfort in the back or neck can keep you awake all night, but there is nothing worse than having shoulder pain.
Using a Pillow that provides comfortable support for your neck and shoulders can help to alleviate shoulder and neck pain and improve your posture.
Causes of Shoulder Pain and Problems
There are many different causes of shoulder pain and problems. The muscles around the shoulder and the bones are intricately connected to the spine, and if either one goes out, it tends to take the other one with it for that time.
Your shoulder muscles may have spasmed and become very stiff or painful. This is a symptom that is not unusual for many conditions such as rotator cuff tendinitis or a rotation cuff injury. Frozen shoulder is another condition where the muscles have just “frozen,” preventing movement and causing pain.
Osteoarthritis is an example of a bone condition that can cause severe discomfort in the shoulders. If you suffer from any bone marrow disorder or condition, you may also receive aches in your shoulders from time to time.
More typical shoulder pains can be derived from having a spine that is out of alignment, which may cause you to sleep in odd positions and injure your back or shoulders.
Types of Pillows That Help Reduce or Remedy Shoulder Pain
Depending on the cause of the pain, several different types of pillows can do the job. Ultimately, a simple solution such as a neck pillow for side sleeping may solve your problem entirely and remedy neck, back or shoulder pain.
All shoulder pillows aim at giving your neck and shoulders enough room, so you don’t damage either of them. Some shoulder cushions have an elevated angle, where you slot your arm underneath them and allow your shoulders to relax completely.
Contour pillows are another option for people who suffer from shoulder pain. Cupping the shape of your body, some of them are specially designed to elevate your neck and keep your shoulders padded through the night.
How to Choose the Best Pillow For Shoulder Pain
Choosing a pillow to aid shoulder pain depends on what is causing the shoulder pains around. If you have suffered a muscle injury or your muscles are pulled tight, you will want a pillow that’s very soft, comfortable and holds your neck at the required point of elevation.
A pillow made from memory foam or shredded memory foam would be the best for this because it fills all requirements, molding itself to your shape correctly.
If you are suffering from stiff shoulders due to a back or spinal problem, you will want a simple neck pillow for sleeping on your side. This will keep your posture correct and alleviate the pain in your shoulders by keeping them at the right angle.
If your shoulders are out of alignment or you suffer from cutting off the circulation in your arms, an elevated pillow is probably a more favorable option for you. You will not rest directly on your shoulder and still receive all the support you need while sleeping.
Reviews: Best Pillows for Shoulder Pain
Make shoulder pain an issue of the past with one of these exceptional pillows that will not only alleviate shoulder and neck pain but also improve your posture and provide a goods night rest in comfort.
Here are some reviews on the best available pillows that will reduce and alleviate shoulder pain and conditions;
This is more than just a pillow; it’s actually a support system designed to be used with your pillow for maximum support for your shoulder all night long.
Made in the USA from three comfortable materials to enhance your experience: Foam, Cotton, and Polyester.
- Takes 6-10 nights to take on your shape.
- This product comes in different densities for different needs or conditions.
- Medically endorsed by doctors, chiropractors, and surgeons.
- Ideal for post surgery or shoulder aches and pains, back conditions and side sleepers.
- Helps individuals with arthritis discomfort in the shoulders, as well as improves circulation at night time.
The Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow full body contour pillow will support you from every possible angle all night long, especially if you are a side sleeper.
- Very beneficial for pregnant mothers who are receiving back and shoulder complaints.
- The ergonomically designed shape allows for your shoulders to go under the pillow and supports your neck properly.
- Effective in remedying neck and shoulder pains.
- The size endorsed maximum comfort as you can recline out as well as use it as a knee pillow. Aids knee aches and pains too.
- Suitable for providing comfort while watching TV or reading in bed.
The Unique, heart-shaped design of the Ikstar Memory Foam Heart Shaped Neck Pillow allows this pillow to completely support your neck and elevate it to the right angle.
- 100% Hypoallergenic and safe to be used by people with allergies. Also free from bed bugs and dust mites!
- Alleviates neck, back, and shoulder pain with the right support.
- Comfortable memory foam sets into your exact neck shape and allows your natural body posture to be held while you can just sleep.
- This product is conducive to deeper sleep at night and can also help to alleviate migraines.
Better Sleep offers the underarm Pillow with different available fillings and a soft velour cover.
- Product available with memory foam filling, microbeads, goose down or gel fiber fill.
- Hypoallergenic memory foam pillows come in original and small sizes.
- Aids neck and shoulders by elevating the neck to the right height and giving your shoulder a gap underneath to slot in perfectly.
- The velour cover makes this pillow very easy to keep clean.
- Have a deeper sleep without worrying about discomfort in your neck or shoulders and wake up feeling brighter!
The MedCline Elevated Pillow is specially designed to aid acid reflux or gastric reflux, the medCline elevated pillow has an excellent reputation for doing such.
- Suitable for people with back ailments, shoulder pain or back discomfort.
- This product is designed to keep the posture of side sleepers 100% straight and support them all night long in a comfortable, painless way.
- Your shoulder has a place it can tuck into, so you won’t cut your circulation off in the evening.
- This wedge pillow is made from a special material that allows you to stay put without slipping down the incline.
Summary Table: Best Shoulder Pain Pillows
|1||Shoulder Relief Support System - Pillow for Shoulder Pain||Shoulder Relief||93|
|2||Comfort U Total Body - Shoulder Support Pillow||Comfort U||97|
|3||Ikstar Therapeutic Design - Memory Foam Neck Pillow for Shoulder Pain||Ikstar||95|
|4||Better Sleep Spinal Alignment - Under Arm Shoulder Pillow||Better Sleep||93|
|5||MedCline Acid reflux System - Elevated Shoulder Pillow||MedCline||95|
Please Rate this Article
Table of Contents
- Causes of Shoulder Pain and Problems
- Types of Pillows That Help Reduce or Remedy Shoulder Pain
- How to Choose the Best Pillow For Shoulder Pain
- Reviews: Best Pillows for Shoulder Pain
- Shoulder Relief Support System Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Ikstar Therapeutic Design Memory Foam Neck Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Better Sleep Spinal Alignment Under Arm Shoulder Pillow
- MedCline Acid reflux System Elevated Shoulder Pillow
- Summary Table: Best Shoulder Pain Pillows