Discomfort in the back or neck can keep you awake all night, but there is nothing worse than having shoulder pain.
Using a good pillow for shoulder pain that provides comfortable support for your neck and shoulders can help to alleviate your pain and improve your posture.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
There are many different causes of shoulder pain.
Muscle Connectivity – The muscles around the shoulder and the bones are intricately connected to the spine, and if either one goes out, it tends to take the other one with it for that time.
Muscles Spasms – Your shoulder muscles may have spasmed and become very stiff or painful. This is a symptom that is not unusual for many conditions such as rotator cuff tendinitis or a rotation cuff injury.
Frozen shoulder – this is another condition where the muscles have just “frozen,” preventing movement and causing pain.
Osteoarthritis – is an example of a bone condition that can cause severe discomfort in the shoulders. If you suffer from any bone marrow disorder or condition, you may also receive aches in your shoulders from time to time.
Spine Alignment – More typical shoulder pains can be derived from having a spine that is out of alignment, which may cause you to sleep in odd positions and injure your back or shoulders.
Types of Pillows That Reduce Shoulder Pain
Depending on the cause of the pain, several different types of pillows can do the job.
Neck Pillows – Ultimately, a simple solution such as a neck pillow for side sleeping may solve your problem entirely and remedy neck, back, or shoulder pain.
Wedge Pillow – All shoulder pillows aim at giving your neck and shoulders enough room, so you don’t damage either of them. Some shoulder cushions have an elevated angle, where you slot your arm underneath them and allow your shoulders to relax completely.
Contour Pillows – are another option for people who suffer from shoulder pain. Cupping the shape of your body, some of them are specially designed to elevate your neck and keep your shoulders padded through the night.
Matching Pillow for Differet Types of Shoulder Pain
Choosing a pillow to aid shoulder pain depends on what is causing the shoulder pains around.
Muscle Injury – If you have suffered a muscle injury or your muscles are pulled tight, you will want a pillow that’s very soft, comfortable, and holds your neck at the required point of elevation. A pillow made from memory foam or shredded memory foam would be the best for this because it fills all requirements, molding itself to your shape correctly.
Stiff Shoulder – If you are suffering from stiff shoulders due to a back or spinal problem, you will want a simple neck pillow for sleeping on your side. This will keep your posture correct and alleviate the pain in your shoulders by keeping them at the right angle.
Shoulder Alignment – If your shoulders are out of alignment or you suffer from cutting off the circulation in your arms, an elevated pillow is probably a more favorable option for you. You will not rest directly on your shoulder and still receive all the support you need while sleeping.
Reviews: Best Pillows for Shoulder Pain
Make shoulder pain an issue of the past with one of these exceptional pillows that will not only alleviate shoulder and neck pain but also improve your posture and provide a goods night rest in comfort.
The MedCline Elevated Pillow is specially designed to aid acid reflux or gastric reflux; the MedCline elevated pillow has an excellent reputation for doing such.
- Suitable for people with back ailments, shoulder pain, or back discomfort.
- This product is designed to keep the posture of side sleepers 100% straight and support them all night long in a comfortable, painless way.
- Your shoulder has a place it can tuck into, so you won’t cut your circulation off in the evening.
- This wedge pillow is made from a special material that allows you to stay put without slipping down the incline.
The Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow full-body contour pillow will support you from every possible angle all night long, especially if you are a side sleeper.
- Very beneficial for pregnant mothers who are receiving back and shoulder complaints.
- The ergonomically designed shape allows for your shoulders to go under the pillow and support your neck correctly.
- Effective in remedying neck and shoulder pains.
- The size endorsed maximum comfort as you can recline out as well as use it as a knee pillow — Aids knee aches and pains too.
- Suitable for providing comfort while watching TV or reading in bed.
The Unique, heart-shaped design of the Ikstar Memory Foam Heart Shaped Neck Pillow allows this pillow to completely support your neck and elevate it to the right angle.
- 100% Hypoallergenic and safe to be used by people with allergies. Also free from bed bugs and dust mites!
- Alleviates neck, back, and shoulder pain with the right support.
- Comfortable memory foam sets into your exact neck shape and allows your natural body posture to be held while you can just sleep.
- This product is conducive to deeper sleep at night and can also help to alleviate migraines.
Better Sleep offers the underarm Pillow with different available fillings and a soft velour cover.
- Product is available with memory foam filling, microbeads, goose down, or gel fiberfill.
- Hypoallergenic memory foam pillows come in original and small sizes.
- Aids neck and shoulders by elevating the neck to the right height and giving your shoulder a gap underneath to slot in perfectly.
- The velour cover makes this pillow very easy to keep clean.
- Have a deeper sleep without worrying about discomfort in your neck or shoulders and wake up feeling brighter!
This is more than just a pillow; it’s a support system designed to be used with your pillow for maximum support for your shoulder all night long.
- Made in the USA from three comfortable materials to enhance your experience: Foam, Cotton, and Polyester.
- It takes 6-10 nights to take on your shape.
- This product comes in different densities for different needs or conditions.
- Doctors, chiropractors, and surgeons medically endorse it.
- Ideal for post-surgery or shoulder aches and pains, back conditions, and side sleepers.
- It helps individuals with arthritis discomfort in the shoulders, as well as improves circulation at night time.
The ideal Neck and Shoulder Pain relief pillow from Kloudes is CertiPur certified for quality and efficiency.
- Adjustable to suit any sleeping position imaginable.
- Offers supperb support for better spinal alignment.
- Uses CertiPur certified safe foam for filling.
- Soft and comfortable cover.
An adjustable cervical support pillow that is designed to support your neck and shoulders.
- Features a pure cotton cover that is breathable and soft.
- Filed with Memory Foam Gel in a cluster fiber, for full comfort and support.
- The Gel fibers distribute your body heat evenly and regulate your temperature during the night.
- The cover can be easily machine washable.
A highly comfortable and supportive full body pillow with a U shape that will also support your neck and shoulders fully.
- Features a 100% cotton cover with a soft polyester filling.
- Perfect support and comfort for your entire body, as well as the neck and shoulders in particular.
- Cradles your back for effective back pain relief and spinal support.
- Perfect for all individuals, including pregnant and nursing mothers.
The Milemont is a memory foam pillow that is ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Medium-firm memory foam fill that is Certi-PUR certified.
- Ideal for all sleeping positions.
- It offers optimal support as well as neck and shoulder pain relief.
- Low odor double cover and double sides design for all seasons.
- Breathable gel-infused memory foam that is cooling.
The Mkicesky is a contoured orthopedic design pillow that is sure to relieve shoulder and even neck pain.
- Side sleeping pillow for optimal neck and shoulder support.
- High rebound memory foam fill.
- Washable, hypoallergenic pillowcase.
- Ergonomic cervical shape for better support.
A soft and comfortable pillow for side sleeping that offers maximum contoured and cervical support.
- U-Shape design with a contoured support to reduce pressure and provide optimal neck and shoulder support.
- Fully adjustable loft.
- Made from polyester silk and polyester filiing.
- Hypoallergenic smooth and cooling cover.
Summary Table: Top Rated Shoulder Pain Pillows
Table of Contents
- Causes of Shoulder Pain
- Types of Pillows That Reduce Shoulder Pain
- Matching Pillow for Differet Types of Shoulder Pain
- Reviews: Best Pillows for Shoulder Pain
- MedCline® Acid reflux System Elevated Shoulder Pillow
- Comfort U® Total Body Shoulder Support Pillow
- Ikstar® Therapeutic Design Memory Foam Neck Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Better Sleep® Spinal Alignment Under Arm Shoulder Pillow
- Shoulder Relief® Support System Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Kloudes® Adjustable Shoulder Pain Pillow
- CustomSleeping® Cervical Therapeutic Shoulder Pain Pillow
- Moonlight Slumber® Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Milemont® Memory Foam Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Mkicesky® Side Sleeper Ergonomic Shoulder Pain Pillow
- Side Sleeper® Contoured Shoulder Pain Relief Pillow
- Summary Table: Top Rated Shoulder Pain Pillows