Discomfort in the back or neck can keep you awake all night, but there is nothing worse than having shoulder pain.
Using the best pillow for shoulder pain that provides comfortable support for your neck and shoulders can improve your posture and alleviate your pain.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
There are many different causes of shoulder pain.
- Muscle Connectivity – The muscles around the shoulder and the bones are intricately connected to the spine, and if either one goes out, it tends to take the other one with it for that time.
- Muscles Spasms – Your shoulder muscles may have spasmed and become very stiff or painful. This is a symptom that is not unusual for many conditions, such as rotator cuff tendinitis or a rotation cuff injury.
- Frozen shoulder – this is another condition where the muscles have just “frozen,” preventing movement and causing pain.
- Osteoarthritis – is an example of a bone condition that can cause severe discomfort in the shoulders. If you suffer from any bone marrow disorder or condition, you may also receive aches in your shoulders from time to time.
- Spine Alignment – More typical shoulder pains can be derived from having a spine that is out of alignment, which may cause you to sleep in odd positions and injure your back or shoulders.
Types of Pillows That Reduce Shoulder Pain
Depending on the cause of the pain, several different types of pillows can do the job.
- Neck Pillows – Ultimately, a simple solution such as a neck pillow for side sleeping may solve your problem entirely and remedy neck, back, or shoulder pain.
- Wedge Pillow – All shoulder pillows aim at giving your neck and shoulders enough room, so you don’t damage either of them. Some shoulder cushions have an elevated angle, where you slot your arm underneath them and allow your shoulders to relax completely.
- Contour Pillows – are another option for people who suffer from shoulder pain. Cupping your body’s shape, some of them are specially designed to elevate your neck and keep your shoulders padded through the night.
Matching Pillow for Differet Types of Shoulder Pain
Choosing the best pillow for shoulder pain depends on what is causing the shoulder pains around.
- Muscle Injury – If you have suffered a muscle injury or your muscles are pulled tight, you will want a pillow that’s very soft, comfortable, and holds your neck at the required point of elevation. A pillow made from memory foam or shredded memory foam would be the best for this because it fills all requirements, molding itself to your shape correctly.
- Stiff Shoulder – If you are suffering from stiff shoulders due to a back or spinal problem, you will want a simple neck pillow for sleeping on your side. This will keep your posture correct and alleviate your shoulders’ pain by keeping them at the right angle.
- Shoulder Alignment – If your shoulders are out of alignment or you suffer from cutting off the circulation in your arms, an elevated pillow is probably a more favorable option for you. You will not rest directly on your shoulder and still receive all the support you need while sleeping.
Reviews: Best Pillow for Shoulder Pain
Make shoulder pain an issue of the past with one of these exceptional pillows that will alleviate shoulder, neck pain, and improve your posture and provide a goods night’s rest in comfort.
The MedCline Elevated Pillow is specially designed to be the best shoulder pillow for side sleepers.
- Suitable for people with back ailments, shoulder pain, or back discomfort.
- This product is designed to keep side sleepers’ posture 100% straight and support them all night long in a comfortable, painless way.
- Your shoulder has a place it can tuck into, so you won’t cut your circulation off in the evening.
- This wedge pillow for shoulder pain is made from a special material that allows you to stay put without slipping down.
The Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow full-body contour pillow will support you from every possible angle all night long, especially if you are a side sleeper.
- Very beneficial for pregnant mothers who are receiving back and shoulder complaints.
- The ergonomically designed shape allows for your shoulders to go under the pillow and support your neck correctly.
- The size endorsed maximum comfort as you can recline out and use it as a knee pillow — Aids knee aches and pains.
- Suitable for providing comfort while watching TV or as a reading pillow in bed.
The Unique, heart-shaped design of the Ikstar Memory Foam Heart Shaped Neck Pillow allows this pillow to completely support your neck and shoulder to the right angle.
- 100% Hypoallergenic and safe to be used by people with allergies. Also, free from bed bugs and dust mites!
- Alleviates neck, back, and shoulder pain with the right support.
- Comfortable memory foam sets into your exact neck shape and allows your natural body posture to be held while you were sleeping.
- Have a deeper sleep without worrying about discomfort in your neck or shoulders and wake up feeling brighter!
Better Sleep offers this under the arm pillow with different available fillings and a soft velour cover.
- The product is available with memory foam filling, microbeads, goose down, or gel fiberfill.
- Hypoallergenic memory foam pillows come in original and small sizes.
- Aids neck and shoulders by elevating the neck to the right height and giving your shoulder a gap underneath to slot in perfectly.
- The velour cover makes this pillow very easy to keep clean.
The Curved Gusset Design of the Pur Comfort Pillow makes it ideal for side sleepers, which have shoulder pain.
- One of the most comfortable pillows that you will ever own with optimal support.
- The pillow has a Certi-PUR certified memory foam fill that molds to your shape and will not overheat.
- The Loft is adjustable with the Visco Elastic shredded memory foam and the removable cover.
- There is a Tencel cover that is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
- Furthermore, a gusseted and Curved design allows for better neck and shoulder support and better body alignment.
The ideal Neck and Shoulder Pain relief pillow from Kloudes is CertiPur certified for quality and efficiency.
- Adjustable to suit any sleeping position imaginable.
- Offers supperb support for better spinal alignment.
- Uses CertiPur certified safe foam for filling.
- Soft and comfortable cover.
This memory foam pillow is an excellent option for people who suffer from discomfort and pain in the shoulder region.
- The Elviros Cervical Memory Foam Pillow is a contour design pillow that perfectly supports and aligns your head, neck, shoulder, and back.
- Moreover, it is excellent for reducing stress on the cervical vertebra and spine. It helps improve sleep and relieving neck or shoulder pain, discomfort rejuvenating your body.
- The contour pillow is well designed to support by following the natural curve of your body keeps air passages optimal for less snoring and more restful sleep.
A highly comfortable and supportive full body pillow with a U shape will also fully support your neck and shoulders.
- Features a 100% cotton cover with a soft polyester filling.
- Perfect support and comfort for your entire body, as well as the neck and shoulders in particular.
- Cradles your back for effective back pain relief and spinal support.
- Perfect for all individuals, including pregnant and nursing mothers.
The Milemont is a memory foam pillow that is ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Medium-firm memory foam fill that is Certi-PUR certified.
- Ideal for all sleeping positions, and definitely the best pillow for frozen shoulder.
- It offers optimal support as well as neck and shoulder pain relief.
- Low odor double cover and double sides design for all seasons.
- Breathable gel-infused memory foam that is cooling.
The Mkicesky is a contoured orthopedic design pillow that is sure to relieve shoulder and even neck pain.
- Side sleeping pillow for optimal neck and shoulder support.
- High rebound memory foam fill.
- Washable, hypoallergenic pillowcase.
- Ergonomic cervical shape for better support.
A soft and comfortable pillow for side sleeping that offers maximum contoured and cervical support.
- U-Shape design with a contoured support to reduce pressure and provide optimal neck and shoulder support.
- Fully adjustable loft.
- It is made from polyester silk and polyester filling.
- Hypoallergenic smooth and cooling cover.
Summary Table: Top Rated Pillow for Shoulder Pain
Table of Contents
- Causes of Shoulder Pain
- Types of Pillows That Reduce Shoulder Pain
- Matching Pillow for Differet Types of Shoulder Pain
- Reviews: Best Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- MedCline® Acid reflux System Best Pillows for Shoulder Pain
- Comfort U® Total Body Shoulder Support Pillow
- Ikstar® Therapeutic Design Best Pillow for Rotator Cuff Pain
- Better Sleep® Spinal Alignment Under Arm Shoulder Pillow
- Pure Comfort® Advanced Best Pillow for Side Sleepers with Shoulder Pain
- Kloudes® Adjustable Best Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Elviros® Ergonomic Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Moonlight Slumber® Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Milemont® Memory Foam Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Mkicesky® Side Sleeper Best Pillow for Shoulder Pain
- Side Sleeper® Contoured Shoulder Pain Relief Pillow
- Summary Table: Top Rated Pillow for Shoulder Pain