Standing, sitting and sleeping are all activities where we are actively using our spines, and often we crane our necks, posturing ourselves in awkward cervical positions.
It is important to support the spine, posture, and neck to prevent future back discomfort and disorders or to treat already existing problems.
The Importance of Cervical Support for Your Spine
The spinal column is a series of discs that interlock together. When any one of these goes out of alignment, especially when the cervix is out of alignment, it can cause a lot of pain and eventually lead to major back, neck, shoulder pains and sleeping problems! On top of this, not having a straight posture can cut off circulation and lead to problems with oxygen distribution in the body. If you have problems breathing, it might be to do with your posture – sleeping with a good posture can assist you to breathe easily and sleep comfortably.
The cervix is very sensitive to how we posture ourselves and there are many activities in which you can cause damage to your back and neck. These include sleeping, reading, sitting at the television, traveling often or sitting at a computer screen, craning our necks every day. If we do not look after our necks and spines, life begins to get unbearable.
The Role That Cervical Pillows Play in Remedying Neck And Back Pain
Cervical pillows are an effective treatment for neck, hip, and back pain, often caused by lack of spinal support or incorrect posture. The cervix or neck region of the spine is made up of seven vertebrae, leaving a lot of room for neck pain and back problems to occur. Back and side sleepers especially put a lot of stress on this part of the neck when sleeping. Cervical pillows are ergonomically designed to ensure the neck and spine are kept straight and can thus aid the treatment of cervical conditions.
Neck pillows benefit the following conditions which require therapeutic neck, back and spine support: herniated or slipped cervical discs, cervical degenerative disc disease, cervical spondylosis (which is also known as arthritis in the neck and cervical osteoporosis). Since cervical pillows keep your spine straight, they also assist your blood in flowing properly, allowing any excess fluids that would otherwise be causing inflammation, swelling and neck and shoulder pains to drain.
Qualities of The Best Cervical Pillows That Set Them Apart From The Rest
The best cervical pillows need to be able to support your neck, maintaining perfect posture, while being 100% comfortable. The highest quality material for orthopedic neck pillows is memory foam. It responds to your heat signature and allows your neck and head just to sink right in, contouring your exact shape. Memory foam holds your neck’s shape throughout the day or night, adjusting to any side you decide to lay on or just keeping you perfectly upright in the car seat. Despite offering firm back and neck support, memory foam is also ridiculously comfortable and pampering.
The top end of memory foam selections come with a cooling gel technology, which remains cool all through the night and is particularly useful for hot, uncomfortable swellings in the neck and shoulders. Memory foam in itself is ‘tempurpedic,’ evenly distributing heat and allowing it to escape gradually, so the pillow will never overheat (even without cooling gel technology).
Reviews: Best Cervical Pillow
A good Cervical Pillow will fully support your neck as well as ensure that you keep a good posture providing you with the best levels of comfort and improved health. Amongst many other great qualities and unique features each of the above mentioned Cervical Pillows will ensure you the right amount of Cervical support.
Below are listed some of the best available Cervical Pillows that are the latest in technology;
The Cradle Me Memory Foam Cervical Contour Pillow is shaped ergonomically like a butterfly to aid your posture in any sleeping position you choose.
- Suitable for alleviating back pains and help you to breath properly if you are a side sleeper or back sleeper.
- This hypoallergenic memory foam pillow is a blessing if you suffer from allergies.
- The memory foam contours your bodies exact and unique shape, keeping it firmly supported and stress-free.
- Comes with a soft padded cover and will last a very long time.
- One size fits all!
The Geotel Ergonomic Memory Foam Cervical Pillow is specially designed to support the neck and spine during sleep; this cervical pillow has a unique squared butterfly shape.
- Memory foam is hypoallergenic and will cradle your neck from harm’s way and gift you with the pleasure of a good night’s sleep.
- Being either 7 or 11cm on each side, you can choose what height benefits your neck support the most.
- Comes with a soft, elegant velvet cover which can be removed and washed in the washing machine with the rest of the laundry.
- This pillow uses the latest in nanotechnology memory foam pillow technology, maximizing on comfort, support, breathability, perspiration, and durability.
The Ikstar Therapeutic Design Contour Memory Foam Bed Pillow comes big enough to allow side sleepers and back sleepers the freedom of movement they enjoy.
- Memory foam sinks in to hold your unique shape and accommodates you while you sleep while still keeping your posture right!
- Feel like a new being after experiencing a night of pain relief and deep sleep with this pillow supporting your neck.
- Ideal for those that love to raise their arms above their heads on either side of the pillow – never loses circulation.
- Treat neck pain, back pain, and pain in the shoulders and improve blood circulation.
- Remove the cover and wash in the washing machine.
The Premium Therapeutic Grade Neck Support Cushion makes one of the best travel neck pillows, contouring your perfect shape with memory foam.
- Wrapped in a soft velour fabric, this pillow is easy to keen clean, and the cover is machine washable.
- This cervical pillow resembles a dog bone shape, curving perfectly around your neck and spine.
- Cane double as a lumbar pillow for lower back support while driving or sitting in the office chair.
- Useful for reading in bed or watching TV, alleviate all pressure off your spine and indulge in a pain-free world.
- A remedy for neck and back pain from extended periods of sitting upright and craning the neck.
The Cosy House Selection Travel Memory Foam Cervical Support Pillow from Bamboo is designed to keep your neck straight while you travel, allowing you to sleep.
- Memory foam supports your neck optimally, hugging you with this travel pillows design and molding to your exact shape.
- Made from bamboo fibers and is a bit more eco-friendly.
- Also available in king, queen or kid size cervical pillows for sleeping.
- Naturally hypoallergenic and kills off germs, being perfect for sensitive travelers.
- This Pillow will not overheat during your sleep.
Table of Contents:Best Cervical Pillows
|1||Cradle Me Memory Foam - Cervical Contour Pillow||Cradle Me||94|
|2||Geotel Ergonomic - Memory Foam Cervical Pillow||Geotel||96|
|3||Ikstar Therapeutic Design - Contour Cervical Memory Foam Bed Pillow||Ikstar||94|
|4||HengJia Premium Therapeutic Grade - Cervical Neck Support Cushion||HengJia||93|
|5||Bamboo Cosy House Selection - Travel Memory Foam Cervical Support Pillow||Bamboo||95|
Table of Contents
- The Importance of Cervical Support for Your Spine
- The Role That Cervical Pillows Play in Remedying Neck And Back Pain
- Qualities of The Best Cervical Pillows That Set Them Apart From The Rest
- Reviews: Best Cervical Pillow
- Cradle Me Memory Foam Cervical Contour Pillow
- Ikstar Therapeutic Design Contour Cervical Memory Foam Bed Pillow
- HengJia Premium Therapeutic Grade Cervical Neck Support Cushion
- Bamboo Cosy House Selection Travel Memory Foam Cervical Support Pillow
- Table of Contents:Best Cervical Pillows