Standing, sitting, and sleeping is activities where we actively use our spines, and we often crane our necks, posturing ourselves in awkward cervical positions.
It is important to support the spine, posture, and neck to prevent future back discomfort and disorders or treat existing problems.
The Importance of Cervical Support for Your Spine
The spinal column is a series of discs that interlock together.
When any one of these goes out of alignment, especially when the cervix is out of alignment, it can cause a lot of pain and eventually lead to major back, neck, shoulder pains, and sleeping problems!
On top of this, not having a straight posture can cut off circulation and lead to problems with oxygen distribution in the body.
If you have problems breathing, it might be to do with your posture – sleeping with a good posture can help you breathe easily and sleep comfortably.
The cervix is very sensitive to how we posture ourselves, and there are many activities in which you can cause damage to your back and neck.
These include sleeping, reading, sitting at the television, traveling often, or sitting at a computer screen, craning our necks every day. If we do not look after our necks and spines, life begins to get unbearable.
The Role That Cervical Pillows Play in Remedying Neck And Back Pain
- Cervical Pillows – Cervical pillows are an effective treatment for neck, hip, and back pain, often caused by a lack of spinal support or incorrect posture. The cervix or neck region of the spine comprises seven vertebrae, leaving a lot of room for neck pain and back problems to occur. Back and side sleepers especially put a lot of stress on this part of the neck when sleeping. Cervical pillows are ergonomically designed to ensure the neck and spine are kept straight and thus aid in treating cervical conditions.
- Neck Pillows – Neck pillows benefit the following conditions, which require therapeutic neck, back, and spine support: herniated or slipped cervical discs, cervical degenerative disc disease, cervical spondylosis (which is also known as arthritis in the neck and cervical osteoporosis). Since cervical pillows keep your spine straight, they also help your blood flow properly, allowing any excess fluids that would otherwise be causing inflammation, swelling, and neck and shoulder pains to drain.
Features of a Good Cervical Pillow
- Neck Support – The best cervical pillows need to be able to support your neck, maintaining perfect posture while being 100% comfortable.
- Memory Foam – The highest quality material for orthopedic neck pillows is memory foam. It responds to your heat signature and allows your neck and head to sink right in, contouring your exact shape. Memory foam holds your neck’s shape throughout the day or night, adjusting to any side you decide to lay on or just keeping you perfectly upright in the car seat. Despite offering firm back and neck support, memory foam is also ridiculously comfortable and pampering.
- Cooling Memory Foam – The top end of memory foam selections comes with a cooling gel technology, which remains cool all through the night and is particularly useful for hot, uncomfortable swellings in the neck and shoulders. Memory foam in itself is ‘Tempurpedic,’ evenly distributing heat and allowing it to escape gradually, so the pillow will never overheat (even without cooling gel technology).
Reviews: Best Cervical Pillow
A good Cervical Pillow will fully support your neck and ensure that you keep a good posture providing you with the best levels of comfort and improved health. Amongst many other great qualities and unique features, each of the above-mentioned Cervical Pillows will ensure the right amount of Cervical support.
Below are listed some of the best available Cervical Pillows that are the latest in technology;
The Cradle Me Memory Foam Cervical Contour Pillow is shaped ergonomically like a butterfly to aid your posture in any sleeping position you choose.
- Suitable for alleviating back pains and breathing properly if you are a side sleeper or back sleeper.
- This hypoallergenic memory foam pillow is a blessing if you suffer from allergies.
- The memory foam contours your body’s exact and unique shape, keeping it firmly supported and stress-free.
- It comes with a soft padded cover and will last a very long time.
- One size fits all!
The Dream Ergonomic Memory Foam Cervical Pillow is specially designed to support the neck and spine during sleep; this cervical pillow has a unique squared butterfly shape.
- Memory foam is hypoallergenic and will cradle your neck from harm’s way and gift you with the pleasure of a good night’s sleep.
- Being either 7 or 11cm on each side, you can choose what height benefits your neck support the most.
- It comes with a soft, elegant velvet cover that can be removed and washed in the washing machine with the rest of the laundry.
- This pillow uses the latest in nanotechnology memory foam pillow technology, maximizing comfort, support, breathability, perspiration, and durability.
The Ikstar Therapeutic Design Contour Memory Foam Bed Pillow comes big enough to allow side sleepers and back sleepers the freedom of movement they enjoy.
- Memory foam sinks in to hold your unique shape and accommodates you while you sleep while still keeping your posture right!
- Feel like a new being after experiencing a night of pain relief and deep sleep with this pillow supporting your neck.
- Ideal for those that love to raise their arms above their heads on either side of the pillow – never loses circulation.
- Treat neck pain, back pain, and pain in the shoulders and improve blood circulation.
- Remove the cover and wash it in the washing machine.
The Premium Therapeutic Grade Neck Support Cushion makes one of the best travel neck pillows, contouring your perfect shape with memory foam.
- Wrapped in a soft velour fabric, this pillow is easy to keep clean, and the cover is machine washable.
- This cervical pillow resembles a dog bone shape, curving perfectly around your neck and spine.
- It can double as a lumbar pillow for lower back support while driving or sitting in the office chair.
- Useful for reading in bed or watching TV, alleviate all pressure off your spine, and indulge in a pain-free world.
- A remedy for neck and back pain from extended periods of sitting upright and craning the neck.
The Cosy House Selection Memory Foam Cervical Support Pillow from Bamboo is designed to give you the best support and comfort.
- supportive memory foam fill.
- Made from bamboo fibers and is a bit more eco-friendly.
- Also available in king, queen, or kid-size cervical pillows for sleeping.
- Naturally hypoallergenic and kills off germs, being perfect for sensitive travelers.
- This Pillow will not overheat during your sleep.
The Rhyl memory foam cervical pillow will ensure you the best in orthopedic comfort and support.
- A memory foam pillow that is ideal for neck support.
- It comes with a protective 100% cotton cover that is washable and removable with easy zip closure.
- Available in a soft loft in a queen or standard size.
- It offers orthopedic comfort and relief.
An adjustable and contoured cervical pillow filed with premium CertiPUR-US memory foam.
- Filled with premium CertiPUR-US rated memory foam that will not become hard with colder climates.
- Contoured design for optimal support.
- The cover is highly breathable and machine washable.
- Offers orthopedic support for side, back, and stomach sleepers with an adjustable loft.
A contoured comfort memory foam cervical pillow made for back and side sleepers.
- The perfect pillow for back and side sleepers.
- Ideal layers of firmness.
- Hydrophylic memory foam design that is non-toxic and breathable.
- The Memory foam will not harden when it becomes colder at night.
An orthopedic design cervical pillow with a firm loft.
- Available in adult and children’s size options.
- Firm and supportive design.
- Orthopedic comfort and pain relief.
- Filled with non-toxic molded foam.
A contoured and orthopedic cervical pillow for optimal support and pain relief.
- Ideal for back and side sleepers.
- Contoured orthopedic design for better support and pain relief.
- Breathable and cooling cover that is removable and washable.
- Premium quality hypoallergenic materails.
The Dream memory foam cervical pillow offers orthopedic comfort and pain relief.
- It comes in a standard and adjustable option.
- Filled with premium soft memory foam.
- It offers exceptional neck support and orthopedic comfort.
- Covered with a hypoallergenic polyester and bamboo cover.
Index Table: Top Rated Cervical Pillows
Table of Contents
- The Importance of Cervical Support for Your Spine
- The Role That Cervical Pillows Play in Remedying Neck And Back Pain
- Features of a Good Cervical Pillow
- Reviews: Best Cervical Pillow
- Cradle Me® Memory Foam Cervical Contour Pillow
- Dream® Ergonomic Memory Foam Cervical Pillow
- Ikstar® Therapeutic Design Contour Cervical Memory Foam Bed Pillow
- HengJia® Premium Therapeutic Grade Cervical Neck Support Cushion
- Bamboo® Cosy House Selection Memory Foam Cervical Support Pillow
- Rhyl® Orthopedic Cervical Pillow
- UTTU® Sandwich Adjustable Cervical Pillow
- BedSure® Bio-Zero Hydrophylic memory foam Pillow
- Therapeutica® Orthopedic cervical Pillow
- Nature’s Guest® Adjustable Cervical Pillow
- Dream® Memory Foam Cervical Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Cervical Pillows