Sometimes having back or neck pain can really be quite a bother!
For instance, when the pain prevents you from sleeping or becomes unbearable enough, that work becomes tedious and slow.
Find out more below why you might need a pillow for neck support and what doctors say about posture and the best neck support pillow.
When Does Neck Support Become Vital?
A chiropractor will tell you that neck support is always vital, and he’s correct. It is!
However, not everyone needs special pillows for neck support.
This is only really necessary if you have bad posture, which is rapidly becoming the vast majority of people today in this world of all-encompassing technology. We posture ourselves in many ways that put pressure on our spines, resulting in neck pain.
Your posture can deteriorate rapidly if you spend most of your time in front of a screen working, watching tv, or sitting bent over your tablet or smartphone.
Driving around in a car or traveling by train, bus, or plane can also produce a continuous bad posture. Invest in a travel pillow, lumbar pillow, or neck pillow for engaging in these activities, and you will immediately notice an improvement from neck pains and backaches!
What Doctors Say About Neck Support
Medical experts everywhere are saying that while one sleeps, cervical support is critical too. It allows us to regenerate if we can sleep deeply, and having the correct posture as we sleep can achieve this.
All other neck pain caused by daily activities can be significantly reduced when one sleeps with a cervical neck support pillow.
Memory foam is a medical-grade material endorsed by many practitioners to ensure a perfect posture and optimal comfort for your neck and back.
Supporting the neck will also help restore the rest of your back and reduce hip and joint pains. Additionally, cervical support also tends to aid blood supply to the brain, helping you think better and decrease the chance of headaches.
Doctors will also mention that sleeping on an incline can also aid neck pain caused by swelling and inflammation, draining any excess fluids via the force of gravity.
Neck Exercises & Activities For Neck Pain and Migraine Relief
There are more options to choose from if you suffer from discomfort in your neck and back.
Getting a professional massage will help you considerably, releasing all muscle tension.
This, on top of getting the best pillow for neck support, could solve your back and neck problems once and for all!
Daily exercise is another great solution for helping you to correct your posture. Gently rotating the neck in half arcs helps during the day if you have an office job for immediate mild relief.
Meditation and yoga are great ways to strengthen your spinal muscles and keep your neck supported during the day.
Exercising the neck muscles will help increase the blood flow, which usually eliminates headaches or migraines. Rubbing something very soothing on your neck (such as arnica gel) works as a last resort for immediate pain relief.
Reviews: Best Pillows for Neck Support
Supporting your neck will not only relieve and prevent neck pain but also back and shoulder pain. The right pillow can provide you with the best neck support and ensure comfort and avoid pain.
Listed below are some of the best available neck Supporting Pillows and their reviews;
The Ergonomically designed Soft Memory Foam Bamboo Sleeping Pillow from Mkicesky is made to accommodate side and back sleepers to sleep without pain.
- It helps to remedy neck pain and backaches with neck support, keeping the spine straight.
- The butterfly design, combined with the memory foam, all add together to create a formidably comfortable, medical-grade sleeping pillow.
- The cover is ultra-soft and made from bamboo fibers, which are environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic too!
- Memory foam is dust mite resistant and highly durable; this pillow could last you years.
- Molds your body shape, giving you the tailored sleep satisfaction you need.
The Travelrest Ultimate Travel Pillow for Long Rides makes it exceptionally easy to rest or sleep in a sitting position without losing posture.
- Lean against this pillow to support your neck, spine, and shoulders so you wake up without experiencing any pain.
- This cervical support pillow prevents your neck from falling forward in the car, bus, airplane, or even in the office chair.
- Adjustable and movable, you can wear it like a bag or attach it to the seat.
- Easy to clean.
- Also ideal for watching television or for keeping good posture in a wheelchair for the elderly and disabled.
The Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow is a great sleeping or bedding pillow that will provide your neck with the support it needs at night.
- Sleep like a dream on this pillow made from soft bamboo fibers and allowed it to take your exact contour when you press against it.
- The memory foam is shredded, adding to air ventilation and the plushness of the pillow. Sleep well without overheating!
- Non-toxic and hypoallergenic.
- Fully able to be washed in the washing machine and never goes flat.
- This pillow will last many years and is the best neck support pillow for side sleepers and back sleepers.
One of the original and best Chiropractic Support Pillows, the NeckBone Pillow is perfect for sleeping, traveling, medical use, and just relaxing on the couch.
- This pillow comes with a soft velour cover that is available in different colors.
- The zipper access customizes the level of support that the NeckBone Pillow offers.
- The shape of this pillow supports your head and neck, allowing for proper alignment of the spine.
- The soft machine washable cover is filled with hypoallergenic polyester for more comfort and less irritation.
- The side handles allow for easier placement during travel and transport.
The Tri-Core Cervical Pillow is an elegant and simple design made to help side and back sleepers who suffer from neck and back pain to sleep easier.
- Adjustable to your needs, with one side being made for smaller necks and the other for larger necks.
- Cradles back sleepers’ heads with a dip in the middle, aligning your head while you sleep or change sleeping positions.
- Choose from three different sizes for maximum comfort.
- It is stuffed with a resilient fiber that springs back after being pushed down.
- Wake up, feeling the best you can feel after a good night’s sleep with perfect posture.
This is a perfect pillow for side and stomach sleepers that supports your head and neck in such a way as to prevent tension and pain in the neck and shoulders.
- It comes in either standard, queen, or king-size options.
- It is filled with feathers that offer you a pliable and adjustable loft for the right levels of firmness.
- A pure cotton cover is removable and washable.
- A clean and chemical-free pillow that supports the head, neck, and shoulders.
- Resilia feather filling is cleaner than most feather pillows.
The Arc4Life is a versatile and therapeutic pillow that offers superb pain and tension relief for side and back sleepers.
- Features two sides for sleeping on your back or side that offers the best head, neck, back, and shoulder support.
- Ensures a more natural cervical curve to align your neck and spine properly.
- Perfect for sleeping with neck traction.
The Premium memory foam pillow from Nursal has a unique orthopedic design that cradles and supports your head and neck, preventing and alleviating neck pain.
- It is filled with high-density supportive memory foam that is hypoallergenic and chemical-free.
- A unique Orthopedic design, for optimal support and tension relief.
- It is covered with a breathable and washable cover.
- Offers firm support and comfort.
A medium-firm support pillow that offers superb neck, back, and shoulder support for all sleeping positions.
- It offers uncompromised medium firmness with a medium loft and fills.
- It is filled with Certi-PUR-certified memory foam.
- It comes with a breathable and washable cover.
- Double side design for all seasons and double covered for odor resistance.
A contoured and orthopedic design pillow for neck and shoulder pain and support.
- It is filled with pure high rebound memory foam.
- Contoured shape, orthopedic cervical pillow for neck, back, and shoulder support in all sleeping positions.
- It is covered with a washable, hypoallergenic cover.
- Ergonomically designed for full neck support and pain relief.
This is a popular pillow seen on television, which has a contoured shape to offer full neck, shoulder, and back support and alignment.
- The Pillow has a cervical contoured design for optimal neck and shoulder support.
- It allows you to sleep on your back, side, or stomach with comfort.
- A premium memory foam is used for the fill, and there is a removable and washable cover.
- the Pillow is available in three different options.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Neck Support Pillows
Table of Contents
- When Does Neck Support Become Vital?
- What Doctors Say About Neck Support
- Neck Exercises & Activities For Neck Pain and Migraine Relief
- Reviews: Best Pillows for Neck Support
- Mkicesky® Orthopedic Neck Supporting Soft Memory Foam Bamboo Sleeping Pillow
- Travelrest® Ultimate Travel Pillow for Neck Support During Long Rides
- Snuggle-Pedic® Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow for Neck Support
- Original Bones® NeckBone Neck Supporting Chiropractic
- Tri-Core® Cervical Pillow Neck Supporting Pillow
- Pacific Coast® Resilia Feather Standard Neck Pillow
- Arc4Life® Traction Pillow Neck Pain Pillow for Side and Back Sleepers
- Nursal® Contour Memory Foam Anti-Snoring Pillow
- Milemont® Memory Foam Neck Support Pillow
- Mkicesky® Side Sleeper Neck Support Pillow
- Elviros Store® cervical Neck Support Pillow
- Comparison Table: Top Rated Neck Support Pillows