Sometimes having back or neck pain can really be quite a bother!For instance when the pain prevents you from sleeping or becomes unbearable enough that work becomes tedious and slow. Find out more below on why you might need a pillow for neck support and what doctors are saying about posture and the best neck support pillow.
Comparison Table for the Best Neck Support Pillows
|1||Mkicesky Orthopedic - Neck Supporting Soft Memory Foam Bamboo Sleeping Pillow||Mkicesky||95|
|2||Travelrest Ultimate - Travel Pillow for Neck Support During Long Rides||Travelrest||94|
|3||Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury - Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow for Neck Support||Snuggle-Pedic||96|
|4||Original Bones NeckBone - Neck Supporting Chiropractic||Original Bones||95|
|5||Tri-Core Cervical Pillow - Neck Supporting Pillow||Tri-Core||93|
When Does Neck Support Become Vital?
A chiropractor will tell you that neck support is always vital, and he’s correct, it is! However, not everyone needs special pillows for neck support. This is only really necessary if you have bad posture, which is rapidly becoming the vast majority of people today, in this world of all-encompassing technology. We posture ourselves in many ways that put pressure on our spines, resulting in neck pain.
Your posture can deteriorate rapidly if you spend most of your time in front of a screen working, watching tv or sitting bent over your tablet or smartphone. Driving around in a car or often traveling by train, bus or plane can also produce continuous bad posture. Invest in a travel pillow, lumbar pillow or neck pillow for engaging in these activities, and you will immediately notice an improvement from neck pains and back aches!
What Doctors Say About Cervical Support
Medical experts everywhere are saying that while one sleeps, cervical support is critical too. It allows us to regenerate if we can sleep deeply and having the correct posture as we sleep can achieve this. All other neck pain caused by daily activities can be significantly reduced when one sleeps with a cervical neck support pillow. Memory foam is a medical grade material which is endorsed by many practitioners for ensuring perfect posture and optimal comfort for your neck and back.
Supporting the neck will also help to restore the rest of your back and could also reduce hip and joint pains. Additionally, cervical support also tends to aid blood supply to the brain, helping you think better and decreases the chance of headaches. Doctors will also mention that sleeping on an incline can also aid neck pain caused by swelling and inflammation, draining any excess fluids via the force of gravity.
Neck Exercises & Activities For Neck Pain and Migraine Relief
There are more options to choose from if you suffer from discomfort in your neck and back. Getting a professional massage will help you considerably, releasing all muscle tension. This on top of getting the best pillow for neck support could solve your back and neck problems once and for all!
Daily exercise is another great solution for helping you to correct your posture. Gently rotating the neck in half arcs helps during the day if you have an office job for immediate mild relief. Meditation and yoga are great ways to strengthen your spinal muscles and keep your neck supported during the day. Exercising the muscles in the neck will help to increase the blood flow which usually gets rid of headaches or migraines. Rubbing something very soothing on your neck (such as arnica gel) works as a last resort for immediate pain relief.
The Best Pillows for Neck Support
Listed below are some of the best available neck Supporting Pillows and their reviews;
The Ergonomically designed Soft Memory Foam Bamboo Sleeping Pillow from Mkicesky is made to accommodate side and back sleepers to sleep without pain.
- Helps to remedy neck pain and back aches with neck support, keeping the spine straight.
- The butterfly design, combined with the memory foam all add together to create a formidably comfortable, medical-grade sleeping pillow.
- The cover is ultra-soft and made from bamboo fibers, which are environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic too!
- Memory foam is dust might resistant and highly durable; this pillow could last you years.
- Molds to your body shape, giving you the tailored sleep satisfaction you need.
The Travelrest Ultimate Travel Pillow for Long Rides makes it exceptionally easy to rest or sleep in a sitting position without losing posture.
- Lean against this pillow to support your neck, spine, and shoulders, so you wake up without experiencing any pain.
- This cervical support pillow prevents your neck from falling forward in the car, bus, airplane or even in the office chair.
- Adjustable and movable, you can wear it like a bag or attach it to the seat.
- Easy to clean.
- Also ideal for watching television or to keep good posture in a wheelchair for the elderly and disabled.
The Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow is a great sleeping or bedding pillow that will provide your neck with the support it needs at night.
- Sleep like a dream on this pillow made from soft bamboo fibers and allowed it to take your exact contour when you press against it.
- The memory foam is shredded, adding to air ventilation and plushness of the pillow. Sleep well without overheating!
- Non-toxic and hypoallergenic.
- Fully able to be washed in the washing machine and never goes flat.
- This pillow will last many years and is the best neck support pillow for side sleepers and back sleepers.
One of the original and best Chiropractic Support Pillows the NeckBone Pillow is perfect for sleeping, traveling, medical use and just relaxing on the couch.
- This pillow comes with a soft velour cover that is available in different colors.
- The zipper access customizes the level of support that the NeckBone Pillow offers.
- The shape of this pillow supports your head and neck allowing for proper alignment of the spine.
- The soft machine washable cover is filled with hypoallergenic polyester for more comfort and less irritation.
- The side handles allow for easier placement during travel and transport.
The Tri-Core Cervical Pillow is and elegant and simple design that is made to help side and back sleepers who suffer from neck and back pain to sleep easier.
- Adjustable to your needs, with one side being made for smaller necks and the other for larger necks.
- Cradles back sleepers heads with a dip in the middle, aligning your head while you sleep or change sleeping positions.
- Choose from three different sizes for maximum comfort.
- Stuffed with a resilient fiber that springs back after being pushed down.
- Wake up feeling the best you can feel after a good nights sleep with perfect posture.
Supporting your neck will not only relieve and prevent neck pain but also back and shoulder pain. The right pillow can provide you with the best neck support and ensure comfort and avoid pain.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for the Best Neck Support Pillows
- When Does Neck Support Become Vital?
- What Doctors Say About Cervical Support
- Neck Exercises & Activities For Neck Pain and Migraine Relief
- The Best Pillows for Neck Support
- Mkicesky Orthopedic Neck Supporting Soft Memory Foam Bamboo Sleeping Pillow
- Travelrest Ultimate Travel Pillow for Neck Support During Long Rides
- Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow for Neck Support
- Original Bones NeckBone Neck Supporting Chiropractic
- Tri-Core Cervical Pillow Neck Supporting Pillow