Are you tired of waking up in the middle of the night feeling like you have a dead arm, numb, and not to mention the tingles that come after?
Still, you do not want to give up tucking your arm comfortably under your pillow.
Well, you can fix this with the right arm pillow—no more numb and tingly arms during the night.
Is Side Sleeping on Your Arm, Good or Bad for You?
Like every other sleeping position sleeping on your side has both its bad points and good points.
- Aches and Pains – Side sleepers with neck problems may wake up with aches and pains the next morning since they do not get the proper support during the night. I believe we are all familiar with when sleeping on your side is the pressure on your arm and shoulder.
- Numbness – Many individuals like to place their arm under their pillow, which then carries the weight of their head; this can cause numbness and tingle in that arm, which may disrupt your sleep during the night. Similarly, there is pressure placed on your shoulder when sleeping on your side that can cause aches and pains and a stiff shoulder and neck in the morning.
- Helps Acid Reflux – On the other hand, there are also many positive benefits to sleeping on your side. Sleeping on your side can help alleviate GERD and acid reflux symptoms, such as nausea and coughing.
- Aids Sleep Apnea – Sleeping on your side, with the correct sleeping materials and alignment, is good for neck pain and shoulder pain. Then there is sleep apnea, which can get better by sleeping on your side.
Should You Sleep on a Particular Side
You should most definitely be mindful of which side you sleep on, as there is a better side for side sleeping.
Always try to sleep on your LEFT side!
- This all has to do with the position of your inner organs. By sleeping on your left side, your body naturally sets into a comfortable position, which will aid with digestive issues such as heartburn, GERD, and acid reflux, as well as helping with sleep apnea.
- Keep in mind that your stomach is better positioned when you are sleeping on your left side, which in turn will diminish the likelihood of gastrointestinal discomforts. This is great for side sleepers who use a pillow with arm hole to level off their bodies and align their spine and neck.
Characteristics of a Good Arm Pillow
When considering the best options in a pillow that accommodates your arm and shoulders for side sleeping, here are a few factors to look at;
- Arm support such as an arm pocket or side panel to rest your arm on.
- Good contoured support for neck and shoulder.
- Butterfly shape with various heights can similarly be a good choice.
- Neck and arm supporting wings or angles.
- A horseshoe-shaped contoured pillow.
- A thicker, designed pillow that allows for a gap between your head.
- A pillow shaped or stacked with various heights.
Reviews: The Best Arm Sleeper Pillows
Here is a list of the best pillow for arm sleepers to help you find one that suits your needs. And we would also like to inform you that all the purchases made using the links on this page help us earn a small profit. However, it does not incur extra charges to your bill.
The MedCline Pillow is ideal not only for arm sleeping but similarly for medical conditions such as acid reflux and GERD.
- This pillow is clinically proven to reduce heartburn effectively, acid reflux, coughing, choking, and nausea, all symptoms of GERD.
- The bediCline pillow features a convenient arm pocket, which aids in relieving pressure from your arm and shoulder that you are lying on.
- This pillow with an arm tunnel is ideal for almost any sleeping position.
- This pillow is available in three different sizes to fit any body size and shape.
- It is covered in a washable and removable pure cotton casing.
The Better Sleep Pillow is a soft Goose Down Fill Pillow with a comfortable arm tunnel for side sleepers.
- The side sleeper pillow with arm hole has two arm tunnels with a thick layer of padding over them for more room to burrow your arms in.
- The ergonomic design of the pillow is ideal for relieving back and neck pain and improving spinal alignment.
- The fill consists of soft goose-down feathers, and there is a comfortable and natural cover.
- Aside from side sleepers, this design is ideal to use for back and neck pain as well.
- The design is ideal for side sleepers.
The Coisum Cervical Pillow is ideal for neck and shoulder pain, as it offers excellent support and alignment while reducing pressure on your arm and shoulder.
- Offers exceptional orthopedic relief for side sleepers in particular.
- Will stop numbness and tingling in the arm you are laying on and keep your head from rolling out of a stable position.
- Unique butterfly shape for even better head and cervical support.
- The pillowcase is removable and takes only a few minutes to wash the pillow.
- It is completely hypoallergenic so that it won’t make itchiness or any discomfort feeling.
- Centipur-US certified materials are used for filling the Coisum pillow for arm sleepers, ensuring the durability and longevity of the product.
An excellent choice in portable and contoured pillow, you can soundly sleep in almost any position with Remedy Contour.
- Features a design that will not place pressure on the arm you are sleeping on.
- A small contoured pillow with an additional ear hole for individuals who suffer from ear pain.
- This pillow is the perfect size for travelling.
- Enjoy full-body comfort and support for a sound sleeping experience all night long.
- Zoey Sleep pillow is designed to reduce pains caused by sleeping on the sides.
- Moreover, the pillow is adjustable, as you can add or remove the foam to contour the pillow to your neck and shoulder structure.
- The pillow is plush and provides a luxurious feel while you sleep. And these pillows are CertiPUR-US and OEKO certified.
- Plus, the pillow’s fabric is very breathable and doesn’t let you get hot and sweaty at night.
The MedCline Side Sleeping Pillow has a unique design to accommodate your arms, keeping them comfortable and free from excess pressure.
- A wedge pillow that is ideal for neck and shoulder pain.
- Offers a slight incline position for sleeping and seating.
- There is a handy arm hole, where you can rest your arm to prevent you from sliding down and reduce pressure on your arms.
- Firm and comfortable support, made from durable and hypoallergenic materials.
A firm and solid foam pillow for optimal support with a handy arms rest area from Therapeutica.
- A therapeutic pressure and pain-relieving firm pillow.
- It is filled with high-density solid foam.
- An exceptional ergonomic design that supports your head, neck, and shoulders as well as your arms.
- This product is endorsed by medical practitioners for its excellent spin health-promoting capabilities.
A very versatile and supportive wedge-style pillow that offers therapeutic support and relief to your entire body.
- Ideal for pain and pressure relief, as well as improving spinal alignment.
- It is filled with high-density foam and a smooth, washable zippered cover.
- The design allows the optimal side and back sleeping with an arm resting space and slightly elevated design.
- Ideal if you have health issues as well as for CPAP users.
A unique hollow designed a contoured arm pillow for side sleeping.
- Elviros Cervical Memory Foam Pillow with Contour Design is designed to provide you the best comfort and support. It provides an ideal sleep posture by aligning your head, neck, shoulder, and back.
- Moreover, it is a bestseller product with an excellent design to reduce cervical vertebra and spine stress.
- And the ergonomic design follows the curve of your body to keep air passages clear and reduce snoring.
- Besides, the pillow core is made of dense memory foam to provide the ultimate support and comfort.
This pillow has a contoured shape that is ideal for arm sleeping offering optimal support.
- The Best option for side sleeping with a contoured design to support your arms.
- Full neck head and back support and pain relief.
- It is made from Hypoallergenic natural materials.
- Machine washable and premium quality.
This is the best pillow with arm-tunnel and is also excellent to use by couples.
- The Pillow has a memory foam fill that molds and contours to your shape.
- There is an arm tunnel for placing your arm in.
- The cover is removable and washable.
- This pillow is also ideal for use by couples sleeping together.
While the Drift Side and Tummy sleeper pillow is incredibly soft, it likewise provides excellent support and spine alignment.
- The pillow has a discreetly hidden zipper, allowing you to add or remove the fill to adjust the pillow to your liking.
- Filled with 100% Centipur-US certified virgin gel and foam, created to support and relieve pressure.
- The pillow’s unique curvature supports your neck and shoulders and will not place pressure on the arm that you are sleeping on.
- While offering superior neck and shoulder alignment, the pillow is similarly softer and more comfortable than any other pillow in the world.
This pillow for side sleepers with arm hole from Locyop has a unique tunnel design and is filled with a memory foam inner.
- There is a 100% Polyurethane core and Ice Sile Cover and an ABS plastic steel frame in the design.
- The fill is memory foam in a high density for a better rebound.
- The design offers a comfortable armhole for sleeping and other multiple uses.
- The cover is also machine washable.
The Sleep Yoga Pillow is an arm support pillow with a comfortable cooling cover.
- The Pillow consists of 80% cotton for the fill that is soft and comfortable.
- The arm support design provides more comfort, and the pillow fully supports the neck and shoulders.
- The ergonomic design allows you to sleep on either of your sides comfortably without straining your shoulders.
- The Cover consists of breathable and cooling Cotton Cool Max technology blends.
Index Table: Arm Sleeper Pillows
Table of Contents
- Is Side Sleeping on Your Arm, Good or Bad for You?
- Should You Sleep on a Particular Side
- Characteristics of a Good Arm Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Arm Sleeper Pillows
- MedCline® Side Sleeper Pillow With Arm Hole for Acid Reflux
- Better Sleep® Goose Down Pillow with Arm Tunnel
- Coisum® Cervical Side Sleeping Pillow with Arm Rest
- Remedy® Contour Home and Travel Arm Pillow
- Zoey Sleep® Adjustable Side Sleep Pillow with Arm Hole
- MedCline® Advanced Positioning Wedge Orthopedic Arm Pillow
- Therapeutica® Ortho Sleep Orthopedic Pillow with Arm Hole
- Nova® Bed Wedge Arm Sleeper Pillow
- Elviros® Cervical Memory Foam Pillow with Arm Hole
- Nature’s Guest® Adjustable Contoured Arm Sleeping Pillow
- Homca® Couples Arm Sleeping Pillow for Couples
- Drift® Scrumptious Side and Tummy Sleeper Arm Pillow
- Locyop® Slow Rebound Side Sleeper Arm Hole Pillow
- Sleep Yoga® Side Sleeper Arm Support Pillow
- Index Table: Arm Sleeper Pillows