A pillow that is comfortable and provides excellent back and neck support can make a huge difference in your sleep routine as well as alleviate back and neck pain. The contoured pillow is an excellent choice of pillow to provide you with the maximum amount of comfort ass well as support.
Comparison Table for the Top Contour Pillows
|1||Leacho Back N Belly - Contour Body Pillow||Leacho||96|
|2||Tri-Core Standard - Supportive Contour Pillow||Tri-Core||94|
|3||Dr J's Sleep Solutions Chiropractic Cervical - Contour Pillow||Dr J's Sleep Solutions||94|
|4||Bedsure Memory Foam - Firm Contour Pillow||Bedsure||95|
|5||Mkicesky Orthopedic Bamboo - Soft Orthopaedic Memory Foam Innovative Sleeping Pillow||Mkicesky||95|
|6||Sleep Innovations Travel - Contour Pillow||Sleep Innovations||95|
The Difference Between a Contour Pillow and an Ordinary Pillow
The difference between a contour pillow and a regular pillow is that the contour pillow will remain indented to match your shape exactly. An ordinary pillow will have a dent in it when you lean into it, but the contour pillow is more accurate and defines your shape down to every exact curve. It stays that way afterward, and that is what makes it above ordinary and desirable. Other types of contour pillows are already designed to have a shape that perfectly matches a human contour too.
By keeping your natural shape, a contour pillow can accurately be used to help you maintain your unique natural posture and body shape. An ordinary pillow does not distribute the weight evenly enough nor will it keep it there. It may be more comfortable, but because an ordinary pillow does not hold your shape, it is not firm enough to maintain good posture. Contour pillows provide your body with support and comfort at the same time.
Why Does One Need a Contour Pillow?
There are many reasons as to why a Contour Pillow may be required. When sleeping or sitting one needs comfort, back or body support or pain relief which are all qualities that can be applied to a Contour Pillow. You will need a contour pillow if you suffer from any painful medical back condition that needs back support. This includes but st not limited to Lower back pain, Sciatica, Radiculopathy, Lumbar disk disease, Cervical disc rupture, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative disk disease, Arthritis of the spine and much much more.
Other circumstances where having a contour cushion is critical would be during continuous travel or continuously having to sit in an office chair. Being in an office chair all the time or sitting in a car seat can lead to back pains, especially lower back pain or pain in the lumbar region of the back. A contour pillow would be able to provide support to anyone perfectly in a chair.
The last are where a full body contour pillow could be useful is when pregnant. Carrying an extra few kilograms of water around (your baby) can lead to cramps, aches, and pains. All mothers can benefit from contour pillow support and comfort.
Memory Foam – the Leader in Contour Cushion Technology
Memory foam is the best contour pillow material because it accurately takes your shape.
Just sit in the best posture and press that shape into the pillow. Before long you won’t need to do anything, and the pillow will comfortably support your back, allowing you to be free and do what you need to do.
Memory foam responds to heat which is how it manages to be indented with any shape pressed into it – body heat is ultimately what triggers memory foam. After a while of no heat, the foam retains its natural shape again.
This is also the best material for sensitive individuals who would like a hypoallergenic pillow and who suffer from allergies.
Reviews on Some of the Best Contour Pillows
Here are some excellent choices in Contour Pillows available today;
A fascinating full body pillow, the Leacho Back N Belly Pillow supports side sleepers by hugging their entire body in place.
- Doubles as a knee pillow for side sleepers that get pain in the knees.
- Great maternity pillow for expecting or pregnant mothers, providing full back and side support needed.
- This pillow aligns the hips and spine, ensuring pain relief for back conditions or injuries.
- Also, alleviates gastric or acid reflux symptoms.
- Available in white, gray and faded peach colors.
A highly specialized pillow that allows for side sleepers with any size of neck to enjoy a deep sleep at night.
- A strategically placed gap in the center keeps your neck in the right alignment and keeps your spine 100% straight.
- Prevent back problems and remedy back and neck pain with this unique pillow.
- The ergonomic design will shape the contour of your neck and head perfectly, so you don’t have to wake up with any neck pain during the night.
- Ideal for post-surgical healing and endorsed by doctors for whiplash treatment.
The Chiropractic Cervical Contour Pillow has a unique design which gives your specialized neck support during the night.
- Relieves pain of side and back sleepers by maintaining good posture throughout the night.
- Recommended by chiropractors and medically endorsed.
- Made 100% in the USA with a beautiful white cotton cover and filled with a down-feather alternative, boasting extra comfort.
- Hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive individuals to use without fear of skin, eye or sinus irritations.
The Bedsure Memory Foam Contour Pillow is firm and offers relief to any spinal injury or other painful conditions while sleeping
- This therapeutic pillow is ideal for side-sleepers who place too much pressure on their necks at night or wake up in pain. Have good nights rest with this contour cushion!
- Allergy-friendly and hypoallergenic, this contour pillow is also anti any bed bugs, bacteria, and microbes.
- The cover is 100% microfiber polyester and is easy to take off the pillow to clean.
- Say good-bye to spontaneous hot flushes and sweats during the night, because this cover is well insulated and disperses the heat evenly.
This top quality orthopedic pillow is designed to accommodate side-sleepers of any size.
- Memory foam will hold your shape all night long and assure maximum support and good sleeping posture every night.
- Ergonomic design aids for good support and excellent posture.
- The cover is made of bamboo fibers and is eco-friendly. Also easy to wash in a machine and convenient to keep clean.
- The memory foam used in this pillow is also anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and dust mite resistant. Ideal for allergy sufferers (hypoallergenic).
The Sleep Innovations Contour Travel Pillow is made from hypoallergenic memory foam and holds your neck shape at any time.
- Specifically designed with the intent to help side-sleepers remedy neck pain during the night and to aid a good nights sleep.
- Also suitable as a lumbar pillow and will support your lower back in an office chair, a plane or a car.
- The size of this pillow allows for maximum portability – take it everywhere.
- Sleep great and improve your mood throughout the day with this nifty, contour cushion.
- Made in the USA.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
For unmatchable comfort and support, you cannot go wrong with a Contour Pillow. Each of these selections has their own unique features targeting different comfort and medical prerequisites.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for the Top Contour Pillows
- The Difference Between a Contour Pillow and an Ordinary Pillow
- Why Does One Need a Contour Pillow?
- Memory Foam – the Leader in Contour Cushion Technology
- Reviews on Some of the Best Contour Pillows
- Leacho Back N Belly Contour Body Pillow
- Tri-Core Standard Supportive Contour Pillow
- Dr J's Sleep Solutions Chiropractic Cervical Contour Pillow
- Bedsure Memory Foam Firm Contour Pillow
- Mkicesky Orthopedic Bamboo Soft Orthopaedic Memory Foam Innovative Sleeping Pillow
- Sleep Innovations Travel Contour Pillow