Snoring can occur due to many different health reasons. Snoring is also not a condition that can be easily cured, depending on the cause of the snoring. It takes a multi-pronged approach to tackle snoring, which is complicated in most cases. One can start by looking at how one sleeps and what the best quick snore remedies are out there.
What are Some Causes of Snoring
Causes of snoring are usually connected with cut off breathing into the lungs, either due to inflammation or over production of mucous in the nose, mouth or throat. Snoring itself is a sound produced by this blockage to the airways and can keep others awake as well as a result in undesirable symptoms for the snorer. Alternatively, snoring can also be caused by gasses moving from the stomach passed the vocal chords and is sometimes linked to acid reflux and indigestion.
Sleep apnea is a sleeping condition where one wakes up continuously from a cut off air supply. Other causes of snoring are obesity, allergies, asthma, sinusitis, bronchitis, irritations in the nose, throat, and chest, as well as eating foods that cause high mucous or inflammation content in the body.
Snoring Cures, Effective Remedies & Ways to Stop Snoring
According to medical experts, the first thing one should do to try to stop snoring is to sleep on the side during the night. If this still fails you, getting an orthopedic snoring pillow to aid good posture will help tremendously. When your spine is in perfect alignment, you can breathe properly, and it may rule out the cause of the snoring entirely.
A wedge pillow is also an effective snore remedy, especially if you suffer from excess fluids in your lungs. Sleeping on an incline, at an elevated angle will help the fluids to drain away and free up your breathing, while still supporting your posture for a good nights sleep.
Other excellent snoring remedies include anything that can clear your respiratory system. Mint and tea tree are well-known ways to stop snoring that have worked for individuals in the past. Inhale the essential oil or steam your face in it over a bowl of hot water and steeped herbs and a towel over your head. Mint tea is perfect for opening your chest and aiding digestion and gastric reflux.
What Makes the Best Type of Sleeping Pillow For Snorers
The best sleeping pillows for snoring usually support your back and neck, promoting proper breathing and circulation. If you wheeze a lot or have respiratory problems related to mucous, a reclining pillow is advised for you. Being elevated while you sleep can also aid preventing acid reflux.
Memory foam is the best material for a snoring sleeping pillow. It contours your exact shape, impressing you into the pillow and supporting you no matter what position you switch to in the night. Memory foam has the added advantage of keeping your spine aligned while being incredibly comfortable. Shredded memory foam, latex, and foam alternatives are also excellent materials for orthopedic pillows of all kinds to aid snoring.
Reviews: Best Sleeping Pillows for Snoring
Below are reviewss on some of the best available pillows to aid in curing and reducing snoring;
The MedSlant Acid Reflux Pillow is endorsed by medical professionals to help aid snoring and acid reflux.
- The slight angle of elevation eases your breathing, using the force of gravity to your advantage.
- This pillow was made in the USA.
- Its large design makes it suitable for anybody of any shape or size to use for imparting relief from snoring to the user.
- The design also gives enough space for side sleepers and stomach sleepers to spread out laterally.
- Alleviates acid reflux symptoms and helps with indigestion.
- Microfiber cover has a zip to remove itself with and can be kept clean with the rest of your laundry, in the washing machine.
- The softness of the cover adds to the luxury and comfort of this pillow and helps to promote a comfortable nights sleep.
The Therapeutica Large Sleeping Pillow is suitable for all sizes; this large orthopedic pillow can help aid snoring by keeping your posture correct and opening up your airways.
- Made 100% from a very supportive foam, intended to provide back support to side sleepers and back sleepers.
- Also available in average to medium and extra large sizes.
- Allows you to change sleeping positions during the night and for your spine to be supported in all sleeping positions.
- Provides comfort by alleviating all pressure off your spine and back.
- Wake up feeling refreshed every single day!
The Science of Sleep Snore No More Pillow is ergonomically designed with a curve to fit under your spine and hold your head in the right spinal position while you sleep.
- Ideal for side and back sleepers who snore.
- Helps you to breathe at night while sleeping by keeping your chin elevated and in line with your forehead.
- Comes with a convenient zip on and off cover, just throw it in the wash to keep it clean.
- Snore less and sleep more efficiently so you can wake up 100% refreshed and ready to meet the new day.
The angle of the Intevision Foam wedge pillow aids you with indigestion, acid reflux, body fluids that block breathing and breathing in general.
- Comes with an excellent quality cover that is machine washable.
- It has an incredibly comfortable design consisting of two layers: one layer being made of impressionable memory foam and the other a firmer latex foam for extra support.
- Memory foam is hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial, anti-dust mites, anti-fungal and more. Exceptionally hygienic for the discerning buyer.
- Recline and enjoy good night’s sleep with less to no more snoring!
The AERIS Memory Foam Bed Wedge Pillow is designed with a specialized curvature for aiding snorers and providing acid reflux relief.
- Memory foam is impressionable and responds to body heat, contouring your shape as you sink in and relax.
- Gives you the best possible sleeping support and comfort you desire.
- Ideal for more than sleeping, read in bed, watch tv or simply recline and relax.
- Provides back pain relief as well and allows you to breathe better.
- The cover is eco-friendly, made from bamboo fibers and machine washable.
The Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow is a Full body contour pillow that holds your shape perfectly inside its innovative twisting design.
- Acts as a neck pillow, stomach pillow and knee pillow all in one.
- Provides the ultimate back, neck, hip and stomach support and is ideal for pregnant women.
- Comes in four colors: green, brown, white and pink.
- The cover is removable and can be conveniently washed in your machine and the rest of the laundry.
- Provides relief to snorers by helping to keep you on your side, so you don’t move around during the night.
Snoring can significantly affect the quality of your sleep as well as that of your partner. Make sure to invest in a good quality pillow that has all the required features to reduce or eliminate snoring and give you a more comfortable nights rest.
Index Table: Best Anti Snore Pillows
|1||MedSlant Acid Reflux - Wedge Pillow for Snoring||MedSlant||96|
|2||Therapeutica Large Adult - Snore Reducing Sleeping Pillow||Therapeutica||93|
|3||Science of Sleep Snore No More - Pillow for Snorers||Science of Sleep||90|
|4||Intevision Foam Wedge - Snore Eliminating Bed Pillow||Intevision||95|
|5||AERIS Memory Foam - Bed Wedge Pillow for Snoring||AERIS||96|
|6||Leachco Snoogle - Snore Relief Total Body Pillow||Leachco||96|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- What are Some Causes of Snoring
- Snoring Cures, Effective Remedies & Ways to Stop Snoring
- What Makes the Best Type of Sleeping Pillow For Snorers
- Reviews: Best Sleeping Pillows for Snoring
- Therapeutica® Large Adult Snore Reducing Sleeping Pillow
- Science of Sleep® Snore No More Pillow for Snorers
- Intevision® Foam Wedge Snore Eliminating Bed Pillow
- AERIS® Memory Foam Bed Wedge Pillow for Snoring
- Leachco® Snoogle Snore Relief Total Body Pillow
- Index Table: Best Anti Snore Pillows