Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
The best Pillow for migraines can help reduce Tension in your neck and shoulder muscles. While nothing seems to cure migraines completely, getting enough quality sleep nightly can drastically reduce their frequency and intensity.
However, if you’re struggling with migraines or any other type of head pain, this article discusses what Pillow is most likely to help you get some relief.
How the Best Pillow for Migraines Work?
I would recommend that you also seek medical advice to address the problem of chronic and very severe Migraines or Headaches.
There may be many reasons you suffer from Migraines; it could be Tension, diet, stress, and other factors or conditions.
Choosing the right sleeping aids and products can make a difference by providing pain relief and comfort. When it comes to Migraines caused by stress and Tension, a good and supportive pillow can help greatly.
- Headaches, Migraines, and even snoring are symptoms that worsen when there is poor blood circulation or oxygen deficiency.
- The right Pillow can improve your overall sleep posture, supporting your cervical alignment and giving you a peaceful and restful sleep.
- The Pillow you choose should properly support your body and align your spine in the specific position you sleep in.
- Some pillows offer better support in certain sleeping positions, while a few cater to all sleeping positions.
- When you sleep, your head and neck relationship are critical as it supports the gateway between your spine and your brain, where your central nervous system carries all pain responses.
- Thus, your head and neck’s healthy position when you sleep allows for better blood flow and healing, along with better brain functioning and activity, so you can eliminate pain easier.
Sleep Positioning for Migraines and Headaches
As I have mentioned, you must ideally support your head and neck to get the best spinal alignment to respond to pain better and support healing and alleviation.
Your sleep position during the night needs to support your head and neck about the rest of your body, offering the best spinal alignment for adequate rest and pain relief.
Therefore, the right Pillow for your sleeping position is crucial to return to my point!
Back Sleepers require a Lower Profile Pillow so that their head is level with their shoulders.
Stomach Sleepers place much strain on their body with this position, thus, a soft and very Low Profile, or Even No pillow at all, is ideal.
Side Sleepers, which is the most common sleep position, require good neck and head support for proper spinal alignment and consequently need a much firmer and higher profile pillow.
Choosing the Best Pillow for Migraines
When choosing the right Pillow that offers you the best support and proper Migraine relief, you must always first consider your sleeping position and the pillow type related to that position.
Here are some Characteristics to look out for in a good Migraine relief pillow
- Look for filling such as memory foam or latex in a healthy option, feather, buckwheat, or microbeads in a softer and more flexible option.
- Ensure that the pillowcase or cover is durable and breathable; natural cotton is always a good option.
- The Pillow’s loft will depend on your sleeping position, whether you need a high, medium, or low profile pillow.
- If you sleep in different positions, look for a more adjustable and moldable pillow or design to support your required sleep positions.
- Make sure that the Pillow is comfortable, first and foremost.
Reviews: The Best Pillows for Migraines
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Tempur is a well-known name for quality and supportive pillow brands.
- It features an ergonomic shape developed by doctors for superior alignment and support.
- Allows your neck and shoulder muscles to relax completely and relieve migraines and neck, back, and shoulder pain.
- It has a firm fill and is a medium loft ideal for back and side sleepers.
- This Pillow may require a bit of break-in time to feel completely comfortable.
- A quality memory Foam filled Pillow with a durable and breathable bamboo cover.
- Full adjustability and contoured comfort with the heat moldable memory foam.
- Excellent pressure and tension relief to Prevent Migraines and provide comfort.
- Safe and Certi-Pur Certified with a Greenguard Gold certificate of approval.
You will surely love this Pillow; it is an exceptional Down fill top with moldable memory foam in the center.
- An excellent choice for stomach and back sleepers.
- Features a down feather-filled cover with a luxury cradling support memory foam center.
- Less heat retention and much softer, lighter, conforming to your ideal body shape.
- The durable 500 thread count cotton cover is highly breathable and easily washable.
- Ideal for pain and tension relief while you sleep peacefully.
Natural is always better; therefore, I highly recommend the Buckwheat fill cotton-covered Zen Chi Organic pillow.
- Great for stomach and back sleepers, it offers super adjustability.
- Features 100% Organic Buckwheat for filling and an all-natural cotton cover.
- Highly breathable with natural cooling comfort.
- Completely refillable so that you can adjust the size and firmness of the Pillow.
- It offers superior headache, migraine relief, and relief to sore and tense muscles.
- This Pillow is entirely hypoallergenic and an excellent choice for individuals with allergies.
The Epabo Contoured Memory Foam Pillow is a slightly firm yet moldable pillow ideal for all sleeping positions, although I would mostly recommend it for side and back sleepers.
- Ensures therapeutic pain and tension relief with premium cooling fabric to keep you comfortable all night.
- An ergonomically contoured design properly aligns your head, shoulders, and neck for better support.
- Breathable memory foam filling for better circulation and a hypoallergenic polyester/rayon cover.
- This Pillow offers firm and higher profile support, ideal for back and side sleepers.
- An ergonomic design memory foam pillow molds and contours your body’s natural shape.
- Offers exceptional neck and shoulder support to relieve pressure and Tension.
- It comes with and breathable and washable Bamboo cover that is cooling and breathable.
- Memory foam pillows are noiseless and comfortable to your body’s unique shape for optimal support.
The Mkicesky Pillow offers superb comfort and pressure relief, ideal for migraines.
- A low rebound memory foam contoured pillow.
- It is filled with premium memory foam.
- Designed or optimal support and comfort,
- Cervical contoured shape.
The adjustable memory foam fill and the cooling bamboo cover keep those migraines at bay.
- It comes in packs of two or four with different size options.
- Premium shredded memory foam fill that is adjustable.
- Washable and cooling bamboo cover.
- Super soft and breathable.
This Pillow is ideal for all sleeping positions and provides the best head, neck, and cervical support, for a proper spinal alignment that aids in more peaceful sleep and better pain relief.
- Manufactured from premium quality soft Tencel Blended fabric and mesh for super breathability.
- Completely chemical-free construction that is much better for your health.
- Offer superior cervical, neck, and head support in all sleeping positions to relieve pain and Tension in the muscles.
- Completely adjustable CertiPUR-US shredded internal fill with a zip closure for your convenience.
- Offers support specific to your needs and requirements.
- Comfortable, offering medium support and less Tension.
- Reduces migraines and neck pain effectively.
- Made with a patented interlocked fill and comes with a machine washable cover.
- A Low rebound memory Foam filled from 100% pure Certi-Pur standard Memory foam.
- Contoured design for optimal support and tension relief.
- No pressure on the neck or years with the gap design.
- Excellent neck and shoulder support and pain relief.
- Cervical contours that support the natural curves with a medium-firm density for comfort.
- A pain-relieving Eyemask Pillow that is perfect for migraines and tension pain.
- Massaging Ergo beads provide a gentle and soothing massaging effect around the eyes, while the patented stitching design alleviates direct pressure on your eyes.
- A compression design that can relieve pain and swelling can be chilled.
- Light-blocking design is beneficial when you struggle to sleep or have migraines.
When you focus on spinal alignment and get the best support for your head, neck, and shoulder while sleeping, you will automatically notice a reduction in pain and Tension and have a much better sleeping pattern.
Choosing the Right Pillow for your sleeping position that offers good support and a proper alignment is key when it comes to Migraine relief and tension relief.
Index Table: Top Rated Pillows for Migraines
Table of Contents
- How the Best Pillow for Migraines Work?
- Sleep Positioning for Migraines and Headaches
- Choosing the Best Pillow for Migraines
- Reviews: The Best Pillows for Migraines
- Tempur® Neck Medium Loft Migraine Relief Pillow
- Coop Home Goods® Traditional Best Pillow for Migraines
- I Love My Pillow® SPA Dual Comfort Migraine Pillow
- Zen Chi® Organic Buckwheat Best Pillow for Migraines
- Epabo® Contour Memory Foam Migraine Pillow
- Powsure® Cervical Best Pillow to Prevent Headaches
- Mkicesky® Side Sleeper Best Pillows for Headaches
- Clara Clark® Premium Best Pillow for Migraine Sufferers
- EPABO® Spine Align Best Pillow for Migraines
- My Pillow® classic Pillow for Migraines
- MKicesky® Premium Best Pillow for Migraines
- Imak® Compression Face Pillow for Migraine Relief
- To Conclude
- Index Table: Top Rated Pillows for Migraines