Silk is one of the best materials for your bed linen, for health, comfort, and durability!
Find out more below on the origins of silk, how to choose the best silk pillowcases, and how silk benefits you and your family.
A Brief History On Silk
Silk is an incredibly fine fiber and can be woven by silkworms, spiders, and other insects. While it is fragile, it lasts a very long time and has a few lesser-known health benefits. Silk is known to have originated from Chinese royalty, who have had a monopoly on its production for millennia. One of the oldest known records of Chinese silk making was reported to have been nearly three millennia old!
The discovery of silk is rumored to belong to a Chinese empress sipping tea under a mulberry tree. A cocoon fell into her cup and began to unravel, captivating her with its luster and shine. She immediately began to find a way to use the fiber and create the first reel and loom, producing the first delicate silk thread.
Today pure silk is one of the largest global industries, and the trend does not seem to get old anytime soon!
What is Silk Momme?
When shopping for silk items for the first time, this can seem like a type of silk you see everywhere: “Momme Mulberry Silk” or “Momme Silk Pillowcase.” Momme is a unit of silk measurement describing the fabric’s weight. One momme is approximately equal to 3.62 grams of silk per square yard. The way one pronounces momme is like “mummy, ” Usually, the abbreviation mm is used when referring to mommies.
Working with mommies is like working with thread count for cotton; the higher the momme, the better the quality. Although for the best quality, having the momme count fall in a specific range is better than having too high or low a momme. Top-quality silk (used for linen) goes for between 20 mm and 30 mm. Incredibly thick silks can go up to 40 mm and have a wool-like appearance.
5 Health Benefits of Using 100% Silk Linen
Using a 100% silk pillowcase comes with a few little-known health benefits!
- Extreme Comfort – Good quality silk is a fiber that is capable of being woven down to the nano-level. This makes it incredibly soft, comfortable, and ultra-breathable. Silk feels smoother than no other natural fiber and can enhance sleep quality!
- Smooth Skin – It promotes smooth skin by not disturbing the oils on the outside layer of the skin. This keeps your skin well hydrated and prevents moisture loss, resulting in dry or scaly skin.
- Healthier Hair – Silk also promotes more radiant hair as it also does not disrupt the fine balance of oils and chemistry going on in there! Keep your hair in great condition by treating yourself to a silk pillowcase.
- Anti-Fungal – This material is naturally resistant to growing molds and other fungus, making it extra hypoallergenic.
- Dust Mite Resistant – Silk is resistant to dust mites, preventing them from entering your pillow and settling in.
Reviews: Best 100% Silk Pillowcases
Please browse through our premium selection of the best 100% silk pillowcases and click your favorite for more!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This pillowcase was spun out of impeccable Charmeuse silk with a high gloss finish and a high momme of 25.
- The finest mulberry silk was selected to craft this decadently soft pillowcase, allowing you to upgrade your bedding with one little adjustment.
- Treat your skin and hair to a better sleeping environment and watch how their condition will improve.
- Available in King or Queen sizes and 14 different color options to match any bedding you have.
- This pillowcase is the silk on both sides and comes gift wrapped upon delivery, making it a cost-effective royal gift for anyone who requires some pampering.
- This pillowcase is made with a 600 thread count of pure, unadulterated mulberry silk with a momme of 19.
- Purchasing this pillowcase is an affordable way to upgrade the quality of your life, improving night-time breathing and skin health.
- Includes a hidden zipper for convenient removal and resistance against dust mites and other bed bugs.
- Your hair will value the difference when using a silk pillow, feeling softer every day you use it!
- Available in King, Queen, and Standard sizes in 14 different neutral shades to match your interior.
- The Silk Lady is proud to present a certified organic silk pillowcase made using only 100% exceptional quality mulberry silk.
- Retain the moisture and vitality in your skin and hair by sleeping on this perfect organic silk pillowcase.
- Unlike other silk products, this pillowcase has a natural matte finish without a glossy sheen or dyes to fix the color.
- The pillowcase is hypoallergenic, incredibly soft, and highly durable, making it an ideal gift.
- Remove all unnecessary toxins from your bedding and opt for all-natural organic silk pillowcases!
- This 100% Mulberry silk pillowcase’s exceptional quality will make you feel like you are drifting off on something softer than a cloud!
- The smoothness of this 25 momme silk will allow your hair to glide over the pillow without tangling, losing moisture, or breaking.
- This high-quality mulberry silk was tested pound for pound to give more durability than steel.
- It has anti-aging skin benefits such as maintaining skin hydration, reducing wrinkles, and allowing the skin to breathe perfectly.
- A hidden zipper promotes the easy removal of the cover, which is fully machine washable without any special laundering required.
- This pillowcase was made from 100% pure Mulberry silk at 19 momme, making it more affordable for those who can’t get the best quality.
- The Charmeuse finish gives this pillowcase the feeling of exceptional quality and will allow you to sleep more deeply.
- Each strand in the pillow was carefully selected, and OKEO-TEX certified to produce a top-quality 600 thread count.
- Available in Standard, Queen, and King sizes, with white or ivory silk coloring options.
- The pillowcase can be washed in a machine with cold water and left to air dry naturally without bleaching.
- This silk pillowcase is made with 100% Mulberry silk that is all-natural and high-quality.
- It nourishes the skin, delays aging and keeps the skin clean and safe.
- The pillowcase offers natural; temperature regulation and keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter.
- It is breathable and smooth, with a 600 Thread count and a hidden zipper design.
A 100% natural and 600 thread count silk pillowcase from HAOXIN.
- It is made with 100% natural Mulberry silk.
- Features 19-Momme and 600 thread count.
- Excellent health benefits for the entire body.
- Comes with a durable hidden zipper.
The Oeke-Tex is a top brand in silk pillowcases.
- Available in a white, light blue, or light green color option.
- King size with an envelope fold closure.
- Pure and natural silk threads.
- Hand or machine washable.
- This pillowcase uses 100% natural Mulberry Silk, with a 600 Thread count and a sensuously smooth finish.
- It is hypoallergenic, breathable, cooling, and organic.
- This handmade silk pillowcase has a hidden zipper for style, comfort, and perfect fitting.
- It is chemical-free, naturally dyed, and highly recommended by Dermatologists.
Comparison Table: 100% Silk Pillowcases
|1||Celestial Silk 100% Silk Pillowcase - 100% Pure Charmeuse Silk Pillowcase||Celestial Silk||98.9|
|2||ZIMASILK Mulberry Silk Pillowcase - 100% Silk Pillowcase for Healthy Hair||ZIMASILK||98.6|
|3||The Silk Lady Organic Silk Pillowcase - 100% Pure Organic Silk Pillowcase||The Silk Lady||98.3|
|4||FishersFinery Mulberry Silk Pillowcase - 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillow Cover||FishersFinery||98.1|
|5||Mulberry Park Silk Pure Silk Pillowcase - 100% Pure Long Strand Silk Pillowcase||Mulberry Park Silk||97.6|
|6||Jocoku Mulberry Silk - Super Soft Pillowcase||Jocoku||95.5|
|7||HAXIN 19 Momme - silk Pillow Case||HAXIN||96.8|
|8||Oeko-Tex White - King Size Silk Pillow Case||Oeko-Tex||96.4|
|9||ALASKA BEAR 100% Natural - Mulberry Silk Pillowcase||ALASKA BEAR||95.9|
Table of Contents
- A Brief History On Silk
- What is Silk Momme?
- 5 Health Benefits of Using 100% Silk Linen
- Reviews: Best 100% Silk Pillowcases
- Celestial Silk® 100% Silk Pillowcase 100% Pure Charmeuse Silk Pillowcase
- ZIMASILK® Mulberry Silk Pillowcase 100% Silk Pillowcase for Healthy Hair
- The Silk Lady® Organic Silk Pillowcase 100% Pure Organic Silk Pillowcase
- FishersFinery® Mulberry Silk Pillowcase 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillow Cover
- Mulberry Park Silk® Pure Silk Pillowcase 100% Pure Long Strand Silk Pillowcase
- Jocoku® Mulberry Silk Super Soft Pillowcase
- HAXIN® 19 Momme silk Pillow Case
- Oeko-Tex® White King Size Silk Pillow Case
- ALASKA BEAR® 100% Natural Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
- Comparison Table: 100% Silk Pillowcases