Looking for that new set of throw pillows to spruce up the living room? We’ve got you covered! Scroll down for throw pillow interior design tips, buying precautions, as well as some of the best throw pillowcase features to take into consideration before you purchase any.
Index Table: Best Cases for Throw Pillows
|1||Hippih Season Throw Pillow Cases - Throw Pillow Cases for All Seasons||Hippih||96|
|2||Phantoscope Soft Throw Pillow Covers - Matching Print Throw Pillow Covers||Phantoscope||95|
|3||Phantoscope Hot Pink Pillow Cases - Floral Pink Throw Pillow Cases||Phantoscope||95|
|4||Bluettek Throw Pillow Cases - Geometric Throw Pillow Case Collection||Bluettek||98|
|5||GardeningWill Throw Pillow Cover - Waterproof PU Leather Throw Pillow Case||GardeningWill||97|
Design Tips: Throw Pillow Cover Arrangements
Want to vamp up your interior like a pro? Here are some great design tips not to be overlooked when considering throw pillow covers:
- Minimise ‘Noise’ – When we say noise, we are talking of overly decorative or gimmicky pictures that will draw attention and detract from the beauty of the room. A design amidst neutral colors will look great here and there, but to have every single pillow with a different picture on it is confusing and does not look classy.
- Choose Clean Colors – Choose a clean colour palette of colours across all your covers that look good together. The best interiors do not have more than two or three dominating colors, with perhaps a hint of one or two other colors. Minimal designs are easier to achieve, and they never cease to wow guests. When in doubt, choose one color and go with multiple shades of the same color.
- Experiment with Size – Having the same size pillows everywhere can look boring and also diminishes your comfort options. Arrange pillows on your sofas according to their size to create interest in your interior!
Throw Pillow Case Buying Precautions
When shopping for throw pillows, it’s best to make sure you consider these pointers first:
- Children – If you have children, you will want to buy more functional throw pillow covers. Naturally, a cover that is easy to clean is the first thing that springs to mind, but you will also want to focus on less gaudy throw pillows. For example, a throw pillow with sequins, stitched on bits of texture or parts that can be ripped off is not a good idea around children. Infants and toddlers can hook themselves onto these throw pillow accessories and either damage themselves, the pillow or both!
- Sizes – Check the size of your throw pillows against the dimensions of the throw pillows you are buying. Most throw pillow covers come in standard sizes. However you should double check as in some cases, a throw pillow cover online will say “17 inches,” but when you inspect the dimensions, it’s slightly more or less.
- Area – Decide where you are going to place the throw pillows and match the color with your décor wisely! If you want the throw pillows for an outdoor patio, make sure to see if you need them to be weather resistant or not.
- Fabric – The type of material used will give a different feel when in use. Some cotton covers are rougher than some of the more popular polyester covers that are largely used today.
Best Features of Cases for Throw Pillows
Aside from looking gorgeous, the below features will make your throw pillow covers a complete win!
- Removable – Being able to remove the cover allows you to keep it clean without messing up the pillow insert.
- Machine Washable – Instead of meticulously dabbing each spot with a damp cloth, save time with a machine washable cover.
- Waterproof – For outdoor and veranda setups, particularly near the pool, waterproof throw pillow covers are the best. Get your pillows wet without worrying that you’ll damage them.
- Fade Resistant – Many throw pillows will fade over time, either from being washed or from sitting in the sun over time. Fade-resistant pillows last longer and are more cost-effective in the long run.
- Stain Proof – A stain proof pillow encasement means that you don’t have to wash it as frequently as you usually would. These pillow covers are also usually more durable and are certainly better when faced with messy kids!
Best Throw Pillow Case Reviews
Below we have picked some of the most popular throw pillow cases and reviewed them regarding functionality and aesthetic appeal.
- These throw pillow cases arrive in packs of four, each one a variety of matching colours and patterns to choose from.
- The wide selection offers designs for every season, matching fall, Halloween, Christmas, spring, as well as year-round patterns.
- The texture of the material is made from superior cotton that has a slightly rough feel and is suitable for use on a sheltered veranda.
- The covers are removable, with a hidden zipper, allowing them to be replaced as desired.
- Purchase these as great gifts or populate your holiday houses during the appropriate time of year!
- These ornate throw pillows come in very well blended monochromatic colors and themes, making it easy to mix and match with your existing house pillows.
- Soft to the touch, the throw pillow covers are made using a smooth polyester blend that lasts long and feels comfortable.
- There is a stylish hidden zipper that lets you take the insert out and wash the cover in the washing machine.
- Dress your interior with bohemian style, using this assortment of flowers, leaves and vintage print patterns on these throw pillow covers!
- Available in gold/silver, blue/black, pink/blue, olive/cranberry and lime/coral color arrangements.
- This set of hot pink watercolour throw pillow cases is bound to add spring back into your home, no matter what the season!
- The material is crafted using the most exquisite blend of cotton and polyester, producing a soft, breathable fabric.
- Contains a hidden zipper for convenience, allowing you to change the covers when bored of the current setup.
- What’s not to love when you’re faced with ‘love’ and flowers in your living room suite?
- These pillow cases are machine washable and fade resistant, lasting a longer time than usual.
- These throw pillow cases utilize some of the best modern print designs and will definitely liven up your living space with a classy flare.
- Hand cut and sewn, the pillow cases were made by expert craftsman for superior results that look and feel fantastic!
- A hidden zipper rests on one side of the pillow covers, allowing you to rotate them or apply a new set when appropriate.
- The clean lines in the design aesthetic of these cases will match your modern living room furniture seamlessly.
- Made from a high-quality cotton burlap that lasts for a long time without fading or wearing out.
- This waterproof throw pillow will look great in an outdoor poolside setup or in an unsheltered area of your porch that has deck chairs.
- The PU leather is entirely waterproof, allowing it to be rained on or for you to sit on it after getting up out of the pool.
- The leather is also naturally cool and smooth to touch, keeping you comfortable and relaxed outside.
- Resistant to fading and stain proof, these pillows require very little maintenance to keep clean!
- The zipper allows one to remove the cover and swap it out for another color as it suites you.
Table of Contents
- Index Table: Best Cases for Throw Pillows
- Design Tips: Throw Pillow Cover Arrangements
- Throw Pillow Case Buying Precautions
- Best Features of Cases for Throw Pillows
- Best Throw Pillow Case Reviews
- Hippih Season Throw Pillow Cases Throw Pillow Cases for All Seasons
- Phantoscope Soft Throw Pillow Covers Matching Print Throw Pillow Covers
- Phantoscope Hot Pink Pillow Cases Floral Pink Throw Pillow Cases
- Bluettek Throw Pillow Cases Geometric Throw Pillow Case Collection
- GardeningWill Throw Pillow Cover Waterproof PU Leather Throw Pillow Case