Are you expecting a baby, already a few months pregnant and finding it uncomfortable to read or sleep in bed at night time? Back pain is common during pregnancy and finding the best pregnancy body pillow can help you to relax and sleep comfortably during this magical time.
Table of Contents: Best Pregnancy Body Pillows
|1||Leachco Snoogle - Total Body Pillow for Pregnancy||Leachco||96|
|2||S2BMOM Premium - Contoured Total Body Pregnancy Pillow||S2BMOM||96|
|3||Today’s Mom Cozy - Comfort Pregnancy Pillow||Today’s Mom||95|
|4||Moonlight Slumber Comfort U-Shaped - Total Body Support Maternity Pillow||Moonlight Slumber||94|
|5||Leachco Body Bumper - Contoured Pregnancy Body Pillow||Leachco||95|
Why Night Time Back & Stomach/Side Support is Important During Pregnancy
Aside from the fact that sleeping with a huge belly can be uncomfortable during pregnancy, proper back support is essential for the health of the baby, as well as your own health. Having a correct spinal posture naturally allows for your womb and all your organs to have enough space to function correctly, without blocking off any blood flow to parts of you or your baby. It also helps you to breath better and wakes up feeling more refreshed with the energy you need to sustain yourself and the growth of the new family member!
The best sleeping position for pregnant mothers is sleeping on the left side in a side sleeping position. This ensures that your heart and stomach get enough oxygen to function properly, which is crucial. This is because your baby will receive nutrients via your blood supply to the placenta, so ensure your heart has a stable beat by sleeping on your left side. Many sleeping maternity full body pillows have been invented for this exact purpose, allowing you to sleep without a fuss.
Useful Pain and Ache Remedies for Expecting Mothers
It’s quite common for expecting mothers to receive back and neck aches and pains during pregnancy. Physicians warn pregnant mothers not to take any pharmaceutical medication during pregnancy either, including painkillers. There are however a few activities known to aid and remedy maternity back discomfort.
The right pregnancy body pillow can help to alleviate aches and pains by ensuring you sleep in the correct maternity position and sleep deeply. Orthopedic shoes can also help you to achieve proper posture during the day to minimize discomfort. Pregnancy exercises that can be done include prenatal yoga or swimming, which have both claimed to alleviate back pains and strengthen muscles for good posture. Meditation helps in a very similar way and also relaxes one completely. Seeking the help of a chiropractor, physical therapist or acquiring a prenatal massage are all also other practical alternatives to help reduce back discomforts.
Safe Luxurious Materials for Maternity Support Pillows
The best quality and safest materials for your maternity pillow are memory foam or down feathers. These will provide you with the best maximum comfort you could need with proper back and belly support while you sleep. Furthermore, both of these materials are insulated and distribute heat evenly, so you can’t overheat.
Memory foam has the extra advantages of being hypoallergenic (people with allergies do not need to suffer from them), dust mite resistant and maluable. It responds to your body shape and softens up in response to your heat, allowing you to shape the pillow to mold your body. This is the ultimate toss-up between comfort and support! Down feather pillows may be an allergen to some people, however, they are softer and less firm than memory foam pillows and if stuffed fully enough, can provide just as much support.
The Best Pregnancy Body Pillows
Here are some excellent choices in Body Pillows that are perfect to use during pregnancy;
The Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pregnancy-friendly pillow was designed by a nurse and mother, endorsed by practitioners to aid pregnant mothers to sleep peacefully at night.
- The c-shaped design is perfect for replacing many back pillows, supporting the neck, back, knees and stomach.
- Ideal not just for maternity, but also for side sleepers, back sleepers, and side/stomach sleepers.
- Helps you to breathe better by keeping your spine in perfect posture.
- The cover is removable and can be easily washed inside the washing machine.
- This full body pillow is made from a polyester filling and will last you a very long time.
The S2BMOMM Premium Contoured Total Body Pregnancy Pillow provides back, neck and shoulder support, as well as prenatal belly support, thanks to the contoured design.
- The S2BMOMM Premium Contoured Total Body Pregnancy Pillow is made from a pure cotton cover and a polyester filling.
- This pillow is free of any very harmful chemical additives and is safe to use.
- Hypoallergenic, mite resistant and easy to maintain cover that’s removable and machine washable.
- The design of this pillow allows for side sleepers to change sleeping positions during the night.
- This luxurious therapeutic body and back support pillow can alleviate tension, headaches, migraines, as well as back and neck pains.
The way the Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow holds the body of an expecting mother is soothing to her spine and to the baby.
- Neck support, back support, shoulder support, and belly support are all achieved through the body pillows unique curvy design.
- Comes in four trendy colors: sky blue, brown, beige & white.
- Functional post birth as a great mother and baby nursing pillow.
- Made from a flexible polyester filling and covered with a cotton cover.
- Wake up feeling great after sleeping with perfect posture on this cozy full body pillow!
The Comfort U-Shaped Total Body Support Pillow can be used as a reading pillow, medical-grade back support pillow and a maternity pillow, ideal for side, back and stomach sleepers.
- This pillow is made from 100% cotton and is completely able to be washed in with the rest of the laundry.
- Since this pillow is so greatly oversized, you can enjoy maximum comfort and spinal support while you sleep at night.
- Remedy neck pain, migraines, aches, shoulder pain and back discomfort by using this pillow to sleep on.
- Wedge this pillow between your knees to help increase blood flow, which can in some cases remedy stiff joint pains and headaches.
The Contoured Pregnancy Body Pillow keeps your body aligned in a neutral stress-free position while sleeping.
- Made in the US, this pillow is a very uniquely designed with multiple uses in mind, such as reading, sleeping, reclining and supporting pregnant mothers!
- Perfect fit for side sleepers who need a knee pillow or stomach support.
- The smaller bumper cushion in the front can be placed on top of the C-shaped pillow to form a comfortable recliner, with neck and back support for reading.
- The C-shaped pillow is very adjustable, able to rotate around your body and cradle you in all sleeping positions.
- This body pillow is made with 65% polyester and 35% cotton.
Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful experiences women can have, but with pregnancy also comes those aches and pains and other discomforts. A full body maternity pillow will ensure you a good night’s rest and help to soothe and reduce the aches and pains associated with pregnancy.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents: Best Pregnancy Body Pillows
- Why Night Time Back & Stomach/Side Support is Important During Pregnancy
- Useful Pain and Ache Remedies for Expecting Mothers
- Safe Luxurious Materials for Maternity Support Pillows
- The Best Pregnancy Body Pillows