Are you expecting a baby, already a few months pregnant, and finding it uncomfortable to read or sleep in bed at night?
Back pain is common during pregnancy, and finding the best pregnancy body pillow can help you relax and sleep comfortably during this magical time.
The Important of Sleep & Body Sypport During Pregnancy
Aside from the fact that sleeping with a huge belly can be uncomfortable during pregnancy, proper back support is essential for the health of the baby, as well as your health.
Having a correct spinal posture naturally allows your womb and all your organs to have enough space to function correctly without blocking any blood flow to parts of you or your baby.
It also helps you breathe better and wakes you up feeling refreshed with the energy you need to sustain yourself and the growth of the new family member!
The best sleeping position for pregnant mothers is sleeping on the left side in a side sleeping position. This ensures that your heart and stomach get enough oxygen to function properly, which is crucial.
This is because your baby will receive nutrients via your blood supply to the placenta, so ensure your heart has a stable beat by sleeping on your left side.
Many sleeping maternity full-body pillows have been invented for this exact purpose, allowing you to sleep without a fuss. Moreover, if you are a stomach sleeper, then you must check out these amazing pregnancy pillows for stomach sleepers.
Useful Pain and Ache Remedies for Expecting Mothers
It’s common for expecting mothers to receive back and neck aches and pains during pregnancy.
Physicians warn pregnant mothers not to take any pharmaceutical medication during pregnancy, either, including painkillers.
However, a few activities are known to aid and remedy maternity back discomfort.
The right pregnancy body pillow can help alleviate aches and pains by ensuring you sleep in the correct maternity position and sleep deeply.
Orthopedic shoes can also help you achieve proper posture during the day to minimize discomfort.
Pregnancy exercises that can be done include prenatal yoga or swimming, which have both been claimed to alleviate back pains and strengthen muscles for good posture.
Meditation helps in a very similar way and also relaxes one completely.
Chiropractor, physical therapist or a prenatal massage are other practical alternatives to help reduce back discomforts.
Safe Materials for Maternity Body Support Pillows
Memory foam or down feathers are the best quality and safest materials for your maternity pillow.
These will provide you with the best maximum comfort you could need, with proper back and belly support while you sleep.
Furthermore, these materials are insulated and distribute heat evenly, so you can’t overheat.
Memory foam has the extra advantages of being hypoallergenic (people with allergies do not need to suffer from them), dust mite resistant, and malleable.
It responds to your body shape and softens up to your heat, allowing you to shape the pillow to mold your body.
This is the ultimate toss-up between comfort and support!
Down feather pillows may be an allergen to some people; however, they are softer and less firm than memory foam pillows and, if stuffed fully enough, can provide just as much support.
Reviews: Best Pregnancy Body Pillows
Here are some excellent choices in Body Pillows that are perfect to use during pregnancy;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pregnancy-friendly pillow was designed by a nurse and mother and endorsed by practitioners to aid pregnant mothers in sleeping peacefully at night.
- The c-shaped design is perfect for replacing many back pillows, supporting the neck, back, knees, and stomach.
- Ideal not just for maternity but also for side sleepers, back sleepers, and side/stomach sleepers.
- It helps you to breathe better by keeping your spine in perfect posture.
- The cover is removable and can be easily washed inside the washing machine.
- This full-body pillow is made from a polyester filling and will last you a very long time.
- The Queen rose is a full-body pillow ideal for pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- It is filled with premium and soft fabric cotton with a 1005 pure cotton cover.
- A natural and hypoallergenic body pillow for soft comfort and support.
- Multi-Functional and great for all sleeping positions.
- The Ideal Pillow for pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Offers full-body support and comfort for any sleeping position and breastfeeding.
- Multifunctional and ergonomic support and pain relief design.
- Premium and super soft materials and cover with a hollow fiber polyester fill;
The Comfort U-Shaped Total Body Support Pillow can be used as a reading pillow, medical-grade back support pillow, and a maternity pillow, ideal for side, back, and stomach sleepers.
- This pillow is made from 100% cotton and can be completely washed with the rest of the laundry.
- Since this pillow is greatly oversized, you can enjoy maximum comfort and spinal support while sleeping at night.
- Remedy neck pain, migraines, aches, shoulder pain, and back discomfort by using this pillow to sleep on.
- Wedge this pillow between your knees to help increase blood flow, which can sometimes remedy stiff joint pains and headaches.
The Contoured Pregnancy Body Pillow keeps your body aligned in a neutral stress-free position while sleeping.
- Made in the US, this pillow is uniquely designed for multiple uses, such as reading, sleeping, reclining, and supporting pregnant mothers!
- Perfect fit for side sleepers who need a knee pillow or stomach support.
- The smaller bumper cushion in the front can be placed on top of the C-shaped pillow to form a comfortable recliner, with neck and back support for reading.
- The C-shaped pillow is adjustable, can rotate around your body, and cradle you in all sleeping positions.
- This body pillow is made with 65% polyester and 35% cotton.
The PharMeDoc Body Pillow is a comfortable and highly supportive full-body pillow that is ideal for pregnant women.
- A C-Shaped Body pillow for pregnant women with a Soft jersey Cover.
- Offers excellent back, knee, neck, and shoulder support.
- It is filled with fully adjustable and durable Polyfill materials.
- You have the support of three pillows in one comfy pillow.
The NIDream Bedding Full Body Pillow for pregnant women has a unique design to offer exceptional tummy support and support for side sleepers.
- Covered with a 100% breathable and smooth cotton cover.
- A full-body design for optimal tummy support.
- A U shape that likewise supports your back and knees.
- Filled with hypoallergenic polyester fibers.
The Full Body Pillow from Milliard is filled with premium memory foam and covered in hypoallergenic bamboo for a durable and comfortable full-body pregnancy pillow.
- Filled with the finest quality shredded memory foam that is adjustable, hypoallergenic, and dust mite resistant.
- Covered with a premium Bamboo cover that is soft, washable and anti-bacterial.
- A full and adjustable pillow for full-body support during pregnancy.
- Contours to the curves of your body for optimal support.
- A comfortable and supportive Pregnancy body pillow.
- It is filled with premium shredded memory foam that is moldable and hypoallergenic.
- The cover is made from rayon from bamboo and is soft and breathable,
- A comfortable and airy well-ventilated pillow for full-body support and comfort.
Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful experiences women can have, but with pregnancy also comes those aches and pains and other discomforts. A full-body maternity pillow will ensure you a good night’s rest and help to soothe and reduce the aches and pains associated with pregnancy.
Index Table: Top Rated Pregnancy Body Pillows
|1||Leachco Snoogle - Total Body Pillow for Pregnancy||Leachco||96.2|
|2||Queen Rose Full Body - Pregnancy Body Pillow||Queen Rose||97|
|3||AngQi 65 Inch - Pregnancy Body Pillow||AngQi||98|
|4||Moonlight Slumber Comfort U-Shaped - Total Body Support Maternity Pillow||Moonlight Slumber||94|
|5||Leachco Body Bumper - Contoured Pregnancy Body Pillow||Leachco||95|
|6||PharMeDoc Pregnancy - Pillow For Pregnant Women||PharMeDoc||96|
|7||NiDream Premium - Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||NiDream||97|
|8||Milliard Full Body - Full Body Pregancy Pillow||Milliard||97|
|9||Lucid memory Foam - Pregnancy Body Pillow||Lucid||97|
Table of Contents
- The Important of Sleep & Body Sypport During Pregnancy
- Useful Pain and Ache Remedies for Expecting Mothers
- Safe Materials for Maternity Body Support Pillows
- Reviews: Best Pregnancy Body Pillows
- Leachco® Snoogle Total Body Pillow for Pregnancy
- Queen Rose® Full Body Pregnancy Body Pillow
- AngQi® 65 Inch Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Moonlight Slumber® Comfort U-Shaped Total Body Support Maternity Pillow
- Leachco® Body Bumper Contoured Pregnancy Body Pillow
- PharMeDoc® Pregnancy Pillow For Pregnant Women
- NiDream® Premium Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Milliard® Full Body Full Body Pregancy Pillow
- Lucid® memory Foam Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Pregnancy Body Pillows