Those of us who sit down to perform our work, or who position our necks at unruly angles for long hours of the day will want to be on the lookout for a firm pillow that provides good back support. Supporting your back also supports your neck, shoulders, and hips, as well as helps to remedy pain in these regions.
Comparison Table for the Best Firm Pillows
|1||Mainstays Extra-Firm - Hypoalergenic Firm Pillow||Mainstays||94|
|2||LinenSpa Shredded Gel Memory Foam - Firm Pillow||LinenSpa||94|
|3||Beauty Rest Queen Size - Extra Firm Pillow||Beauty Rest||95|
|4||ViscoSoft Seasonsense - Firm Memory Foam Gel Pillow||ViscoSoft||96|
|5||Sahara Nights Premium Cotton - Firm Pillow For Back and Stomach Sleepers||Sahara Nights||95|
Firm Pillows Give Support
If a pillow is not firm enough, your back will assume any posture you use frequently. Since most of us have bad posture most of the time, your spine will take on this position if not given something to hold it straight. Orthopedic firm pillows are specially designed to give your back the firm support it needs to sleep in the correct posture at night. The best of these firm pillows can also provide an irresistible level of comfort, to either enhance your working or sleeping experience.
Firm pillows are often made from a latex foam base or a gel base, allowing one just to fall right into maximum comfort. One thing that firm pillows also tend to have in common is voluminous or tall enough to hold your weight and accommodate your shoulder length as a side sleeper. That extra volume also ensures that the spine is maintained in the right alignment.
How A Firmer Back Pillow Can Alleviate Neck & Back Pain At Bedtime
If you take a look at each sleeping position, you will be able to see how a firm pillow can help to alleviate neck and back pain in each instance. Whether you are a stomach sleeper, back sleeper or side sleeper, you may well need a firm pillow to provide your back with adequate support.
For side sleepers, the best firm pillows will lift the neck away from the bed gently, holding it so that the spine and back are straight. There is no more pressure on the spine, making for a pain-free sleep. Blood is also then allowed to move freely, treating and preventing probable neck and shoulder pain. For stomach sleepers, much the same thing applies with regards to firm therapeutic pillows.
For back sleepers or side sleepers that change positions in the night, an adjustable pillow that can hold your head so that your chin is in alignment with your forehead is required. You can check to see if this is the case and if your spine is straight by balancing a pen across these areas of your head. If the pen doesn’t fall off, you may have found the orthopedic firm pillow to take the pressure off your back and neck.
Materials Used in Best Types of Firm Sleeping Pillows
The best types of firm sleeping pillows that are the most rest-conducive are filled with or made from a latex foam base. The reason being is that foam is naturally heat resistant, taking longer to absorb heat and often the foam is perforated, allowing for the escape and even distribution of heat. The best type of foam is memory foam, which response to the heat of your body to form the perfect shape to hold it straight. A “3D contour” of your unique shape which is adjustable as you change sleeping positions in the night.
Foam is also naturally hypo-allergenic, unlike feathers, which can trigger allergic reactions and sometimes neck and back pains on their own. You can also find shredded memory foam and shredded foam filled firm pillows, which are great because usually, you can adjust the amount of foam inside these pillows.
Reviews on the Best Available Firm Pillows
Here are some of the top choices of firm pillows that will support your back and neck and reduce pain in these areas;
The Mainstays Extra-Firm Pillows provides firm support that ideal for side sleepers and allow for changing positions during the night.
- This hypoallergenic pillow is perfect for people who suffer from allergies that cause back discomforts or neck pains, ensuring a good night’s sleep.
- Filled with a micro-fibre polyester, the pillow is designed for durability, support and comfort.
- Benefit from a great night’s sleep on top of these pillows that support your spine and help you to breathe, improving night time circulation.
- Comes in a set of two for extra elevation for snorers or one each for partners.
The LinenSpa Shredded Gel Memory Foam Pillow is made from luxuriously comfortable shredded gel memory foam which stays cooler for the entire night while you sleep.
- This firm pillow can mold around your shape, supporting your spine and remedying all pain as a result of spinal stress or pressure.
- The cover can be taken off the pillow for ease of cleaning convenience, just wash in the washing machine as required.
- The shredded memory foam adds extra breathability to the pillow, allowing more air to circulate and distribute evenly.
- Sleep without back pain – suitable for side sleepers and back sleepers.
The Beauty Rest Extra Firm Pillow is filled with a fiber fill packed for extra firmness; this pillow will give the support and elevation required for side sleepers especially.
- These pillows are made from a superior-quality 400-thread count 100% Pima cotton material, making them a treat to sleep upon.
- 2 inches high to accommodate shoulder span and ease neck and back pain by aligning the spine and cervical regions.
- Made and finished in the USA and comes in standard and queen sizes.
- Easy to keep washed and dry, this comfortable pillow is suitable for washing machine and tumble drier.
- Indulge in a lifetime of comfortable sleep on these extra firm luxurious pillows.
The ViscoSoft Memory Foam Gel Pillow is imbued with a cooling gel memory foam specially designed to respond to your body temperature by optimizing air flow.
- Make it easier to sleep at night if you suffer from hot sweats with this firm, comfortable and durable neck pillow.
- Perfect for hypoallergenic individuals who are seeking a down feather alternative.
- Anti-microbial and Anti-bacterial.
- Memory foam contours itself into your exact outline, cradling your exact shape and maintaining perfect posture during sleep.
- Ideal for side sleepers, back sleepers, and pregnant women.
The Firm Pillow For Back and Stomach Sleepers is incredibly soft and comfortable; this pillow has enough density to support your neck and back still with the firmness it needs.
- This hotel quality firm pillow is made with a pure cotton cover and a polyester fiber gel fill.
- Enjoy a great sleep and wake up feeling rejuvenated with better circulation and more energy!
- It is our best choice of a firm sleeping pillow for stomach sleepers and back sleepers.
- You can wash it in the washing machine without a fuss.
- 100% hypoallergenic and the perfect pillow for the very sensitive individual.
You can surely trust any one of these fantastic options in firm pillows to give you the best back and neck support as well as support in other areas of the body, keeping you well rested and pain-free.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for the Best Firm Pillows
- Firm Pillows Give Support
- How A Firmer Back Pillow Can Alleviate Neck & Back Pain At Bedtime
- Materials Used in Best Types of Firm Sleeping Pillows
- Reviews on the Best Available Firm Pillows
- Mainstays Extra-Firm Hypoalergenic Firm Pillow
- LinenSpa Shredded Gel Memory Foam Firm Pillow
- Beauty Rest Queen Size Extra Firm Pillow
- Sahara Nights Premium Cotton Firm Pillow For Back and Stomach Sleepers