Wedge pillows are excellent remedies for acid reflux.
They soothe burning, cramps, and indigestion-related symptoms, and some can provide you with full-body support and back pain relief.
Knowing what wedge pillow to buy for acid reflux can save you time and money.
Table of Contents
- Causes and Symptoms of Acid Reflux
- How Sleeping on an Incline Helps Acid Reflux, Indigestion, and More
- Features of a Good Wedge Pillow to Remedy Acid Reflux
- Reviews: Best Wedge Pillow for Acid Reflux
- MedCline® Acid Reflux Relief Heartburn Relief Wedge Pillow with Arm Hole
- Intevision® Standard Folding Wedge Pillow With Travel Case
- DMI® Drive Medical Folding Bed Wedge Pillow for Acid Reflux
- Drive Medical® Italian Acid Reflux Bed Wedge Pillow
- AllSett Health® Adjustable Bed Wedge Pillow
- HealthSmart® DMI Supportive Wedge Pillow
- Relax Home Life® Bed Wedge Pillow with Memory Foam
- LuxeLift® Therapy Bed Wdge Pillow
- RECCI® Memory Foam Wedge Pillow for Acid Reflux
- Healthex® cooling Memory Foam Gel Pillow for Acid Reflux
- Lofe® Foam Pillow for Acid Reflux
- Brentwood Home® Zuma Therapeutic Wedge Pillow
- Silverback® 2 Inch Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow
- Index Table: Top-Rated Wedge Pillows for Acid Reflux
Causes and Symptoms of Acid Reflux
Acid Reflux can result in unpleasant feelings of nausea, warmth, and discomfort in the stomach.
Sharp pains, gas, and inflammation in the gut can add to these symptoms and lead to mild regurgitation in the back of the throat or heartburn.
Heartburn is the burning sensation we feel when stomach acids decide to come back up. You can feel it from the stomach to the top of the throat. Eating too much or too quickly can result in acid reflux.
For sensitive individuals, acid reflux can be caused by eating spicy foods or foods too acidic for the stomach to handle, resulting in indigestion.
Allergies can also create acid reflux symptoms if eaten in large quantities, such as a dairy-intolerant person drinking a glass of milk.
In certain medical disorders where the stomach valve cannot close properly, you can experience acid reflux non-stop. Eating foods that create less gas and inflammation can immensely help these cases.
How Sleeping on an Incline Helps Acid Reflux, Indigestion, and More
Sleeping on an incline or elevation angle helps treat acid reflux, sometimes remedying it together! Sleeping on a wedge pillow allows all stomach acids, gasses, and other fluids that may be creating pain to move with gravity, which means that instead of moving up, they move down the way they should.
Wedge pillows will also help you from snoring or allergies that create blockages in your sinus and lungs. Often the cause of snoring is something blocking your airways. Sleeping at an angle allows these fluids to drain once again, resulting in better breathing at night during sleep and better sleep in general!
If you have an injury and are afraid of moving from side to side as a side sleeper, some wedge pillows will help you stay in one place. Additionally, they will help you maintain a proper sleeping posture, minimizing the pain from injury or your back, neck, and shoulders. Wedge pillows can also help babies with acid reflux after eating or burping.
Features of a Good Wedge Pillow to Remedy Acid Reflux
The best wedge pillow for sleeping with acid reflux ultimately depends on your needs.
The angle of elevation is an important aspect to take into account.
A very steep wedge pillow is better for somebody who can’t breathe due to fluids pooling in the lungs, such as snorers or people with allergies. Look for a wedge pillow of this kind that doesn’t allow you to slip off if you need a steep wedge pillow!
Side sleepers with mild gastric reflux would want just enough of an incline to help the stomach soothe itself, somewhere between 0-45 degrees.
Pillow firmness is also a feature to remember. The best wedge pillows are firm and made from either memory foam or latex for ultimate weight support.
Memory foam contours your exact body shape, which is ideal for maintaining a good posture. Very beneficial for side sleepers who suffer from neck and back pain!
Side or stomach sleepers will require a full-body wedge pillow under which they can put their arms.
Reviews: Best Wedge Pillow for Acid Reflux
We have researched and selected some of the best available options in Wedge Pillows that will help with Acid Reflux;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The MedCline Acid Reflux Relief and Night Time Heartburn Relief Wedge Pillow with Arm Hole are clinically tested and proven to improve sleep quality, where 95% of test participants reported this result.
- The pillow and size’s incline helps you rest at 45 degrees, effectively allowing stomach acid to move down and remedy heartburn.
- Physicians medically endorse it as an excellent solution for acid reflux, indigestion, or heartburn symptoms.
- Support your spine at the same time with perfect posture.
- Breathe well while you sleep, and leave your armrest under the pillow without worrying about circulation loss.
- It is scientifically shown to last five times longer than the average wedge pillow.
The InteVision Wedge Pillow has a two-layer design, with a top layer of memory foam and an underlayer of firm foam to give you the best back support.
- The top layer of memory foam holds to your exact shape, allowing you to change sleeping positions as a side sleeper throughout the night.
- This foldable foam wedge pillow comes with a portable carrier travel case.
- It has a luxurious pillowcase made from prized Egyptian cotton with a 400 thread count.
- The sharp, narrow incline gently eases your acid reflux or indigestion symptoms, allowing all burning and sensations of pain to fade away.
- Ideal for snorers who need gentle wedge support.
- A very long wedge pillow to allow anybody’s size to sleep comfortably.
Never suffer a sleepless night again because of acid reflux. The Drive Medical Folding Bed Wedge Pillow is anti-acid reflux, using gravity to your advantage.
- Fold this unique wedge pillow and use it to bolster yourself for reading in bed.
- Remedies back pain and neck problems as well as aiding in treating respiratory problems.
- Perfect for side and back sleepers who snore or show signs and symptoms of any of the above problems.
- Hypoallergenic and made firm enough to support the backs of sensitive individuals.
- Its ability to be folded up makes it easy to store and portable.
The Drive Medical Italian Bed Wedge Pillow helps you breathe and sleep better, allowing you to wake up feeling ready to face the new day!
- Wedge pillow made from memory foam for a superior sleeping experience.
- This wedge pillow is large enough to ensure that everyone can use it.
- An excellent way to alleviate pains for side and back sleepers.
- Memory foam contours your exact shape and gives your spine the perfect back support.
- Doctors medically endorse this pillow.
- The pillow is a 7-in-1, multipurpose, memory foam wedge pillow.
- It offers a foldable technology that supports the head, back, and legs.
- The pillow measures 22 inches in width and 12 inches in depth.
- It can provide a 30, or 60-degree incline for a gradual slope for the optimum pressure needed.
- It is breathable, machine washable, and odor-free.
The DMI wedge pillow is a highly supportive sleeping or reading pillow.
- A full upper body pillow elevates your head to prevent back and shoulder pain and ease snoring and respiratory issues.
- Likewise offers lower body and can be used as a leg elevation pillow or foot support; it has many versatile options.
- Filled with High density Foam.
- Guaranteed to hold its shape for a long time.
The Relax Pillow from Home Life is the ideal Wedge pillow for back and neck support and helps prevent acid reflux.
- Soft and durable bamboo and polyester cover.
- It offers a cooling and breathable design.
- Ideal for preventing snoring and acid reflux and for supporting your back, neck, and shoulders while sitting or sleeping.
The LuxeLift Support Pillow is a multipurpose adjustable wedge pillow with stay cool Gel-infused Memory foam.
- Features a Memory Foam center and a Gel-infused top and bottom layer.
- Cooling and breathable, offering firm support.
- An excellent option for sinus problems, snoring, GERD, and back or neck pain.
- A soft quilted, Hypoallergenic, and washable cover.
- A comfortable and supportive wedge pillow that helps to prevent acid reflux.
- It is filled with premium and moldable memory foam.
- The cover is made from 100% pure cotton and is washable.
- A Multifunctional sleeping or seating pillow.
- The Cooling gel Wedge Pillow is a comfortable Acid reflux Relief Pillow with cooling gel to keep you cool.
- It is filled with premium memory foam and cooling gel for comfort with cooling capabilities.
- The cover is breathable, soft, and washable.
- It has an ergonomic and supportive design.
- A two-layered memory foam pillow for adjustable and customizable support and Acid reflux relief.
- Ideal for leg or back support and sleeping or seated positions.
- Adjustable and comfortable with a breathable bamboo cover.
- It helps with acid reflux and snoring.
- This wedge pillow is designed for a more comfortable sleep or any activity in bed.
- It offers a gradual slope that helps to reduce neck and shoulder pain.
- The pillow also helps with acid reflux, snoring, allergies, respiratory problems, and other conditions.
- It comes encased in a washable, bamboo knit cover.
- It is a wedge pillow designed to provide relief from Acid reflux.
- The pillow is made with a base foam of 5.5 inches and a luxurious 2-inch memory foam topper.
- It comes with a cooling bamboo cover that is easily removable and breathable.
- The pillow is hypoallergenic, cooling, dust-mite resistant, and helps relieve neck and back pain.