A human adult needs to sleep for 6-8 hours every day.
So, logically we spend around the same time with our head on a pillow. Therefore, we need a pillow that is beneficial for our hair, skin as well as comfort. Antimicrobial pillowcases fit the bill.
Keep reading to find out more about antimicrobial pillows and the best ones available in the market.
What are Anti-Microbial Pillows
- Antimicrobial – An antimicrobial is an agent that kills and prohibits the growth of microorganisms. It can either be a synthetic or natural substance. Antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal are all subclasses of antimicrobial agents.
- Anti-bacterial – An anti-bacterial is anything that destroys or suppresses the growth of bacteria. It also targets their ability to reproduce. Antibacterial is the most commonly used germ-killer nowadays. Antibacterials can also be considered as antimicrobials, whereas all antimicrobials are not antibacterials.
- Silk/Satin Anti-microbial Pillowcase – Silk pillowcases have been in use for centuries, by royals and anyone who could afford silk. This is why they had such good skin and hair. Silk and Satin are the ideal material for antimicrobial pillowcases as they have natural properties, and they also offer almost no friction, reducing the risk of curly hair and acne or rash.
- Bamboo Anti-microbial Pillowcase – Another organic material that is naturally antimicrobial is Bamboo. All parts of Bamboo are slightly resistant to bacteria because of the high Lignin content in its fibers. The antimicrobial properties of Bamboo make it hard for bacteria to adhere to its surface and inhibit their growth.
Why You Need Anti-Microbial Pillows
- To Prevent Growth of Bacteria – Anti-microbial materials prevent the growth of disease-causing microbes. An antimicrobial pillowcase is extremely beneficial as it makes sure no bacteria and germs get inside the mucous membranes through the mouth, nose, or ears.
- Kills Existing Bacteria – Antimicrobial agents kill bacteria and other microbes and cleanses the whole area. Antimicrobial pillowcases can prevent the accumulation of germs and reduce the risk of their coming in contact with your skin.
- Anti-frizz for Hair – Antimicrobial pillowcases are usually made of Silk, Satin, and sometimes Bamboo. All these materials are organic and do not cause any friction when you put your head on them. And thus results in smooth hair that is not frizzy after a full night of sleep.
- Anti-Acne – The leading cause of acne is dirt, and germs are coming into contact with the skin and getting into the pores. Antimicrobial pillowcases reduce the bacteria and germs on its surface, which reduces the risk of acne breakouts when you sleep on them.
Things to Consider Before Buying
- Material – Consider the material of your pillowcase before buying. Most antimicrobial pillowcases are made of Satin, silk, or Bamboo. Make sure the material used is organic and natural to reduce the risks and disadvantages.
- Other Qualities – Look for products that offer other benefits apart from being antimicrobial. Hypoallergenic and breathable are two things to look for before investing in a pillow.
Reviews: Best Antimicrobial Pillowcases
Reviewed down below are the best antimicrobial pillows available for you to sleep on safely.
- This product is dermatologist approved.
- Every layer of this pillowcase is treated to help reduce the risk of acne breakouts.
- The pillowcase is made using an innovative process that weaves pure silver-coated threads into premium cotton fabric.
- The silver is proven to eliminate a wide range of harmful bacteria.
- It is made with silky, smooth, and sustainable organic Supima cotton.
- This pillow is hypoallergenic, breathable, soft to the touch, and suitable for machine wash.
- The luxury pillow is made with microfiber.
- This pillow is breathable, hypoallergenic, durable, wrinkle, and fade resistant and suitable for a cold-water wash.
- The weave and ventilated yarn make it antimicrobial.
- It repels contaminants, mildew, allergens, and even bed bugs.
- This pillow is ideal for people who suffer from allergies as it leaves them breathing easy and relieves congestion, as well as for people with Eczema.
- The pillowcases are fade-resistant and come in vibrant colors.
- They are made with 1800 thread count Egyptian cotton.
- Celine Linen’s ultra-fine yarn and micro-ventilated weave repel sweat and stains.
- The pillowcases are made with 100% Polyester.
- These pillows are specially designed to fight acne.
- The pillowcases are infused with Kleen Silver that won’t wash out.
- Kleen fabrics use a superior antimicrobial technology that offers powerful protection from fungus, germs, molds, and mildew.
- It is powered by Patented PurThread technology.
- The pillowcase is made with washable polyester microfiber with a thread count of 90gsm.
- The antimicrobial pillowcases are made from organically fed and raised Mulberry worms and offer a unique sheen.
- The natural silk pillowcase comes with defrizzing properties and leaves hair tangle-free.
- It is breathable and reduces any wrinkles related to pillowcases.
- The mulberry silk pillowcase comes with a hidden zipper and multi-reinforced stitching to keep the pillow safely inside.
- The pillowcase has allergen, mold, mildew, and dust-mite resistant properties naturally.
- It doesn’t trigger sneezing.
- It suitable for machine wash, but it is advised to hand wash for longevity.
- The zinc pillowcase provides an excellent alternative treatment for skin and hair conditions.
- It helps improve the symptoms of Acne, Seborrhea, Eczema as well as hair problems.
- The pillowcase is made with 100% Egyptian cotton enriched with Zinc.
- The embedded Zinc turns the fabric into an effective treatment for skin and hair.
- ONYX pillow is made with a unique technology that fights bacteria and fungus and makes sure no germs and dirt, including sweat, germs that might stick to the surface.
- The pillowcase is made with Bamboo-derived Rayon blend.
- The imported pillowcase is soft, breathable, and made with the finest Egyptian cotton.
- This product is antibacterial and allergy free as well as hypoallergenic.
- It is made with eco-friendly viscose from bamboo and microfiber blend.
- This pillow reduces the dirt and germ accumulation on the surface of the pillow.
- It works as a treatment for skin and hair.
- With full zip closure, this pillow case ensures complete isolation from the dust mites, and allergens that hamper your sleep.
- It features 100% breathable cotton fabric that makes it breathable yet a sturdy allergen barrier.
- The pore size of the fabric is only 3-4 microns, which renders it the power to block 100% of the allergens.
- Besides, it is certified to be asthma and allergy-friendly. so you are making an informed purchase with this product.
- This pillow cover by AllerEase is that it offers complete protection from pollen, dust mites, bed bugs, and a lot more.
- Besides, the fabric is empowered with temperature regulation technology, which will neither let you feel too cold or too hot.
- It also doesn’t trap any heat or moisture from your body and doesn’t allow any odor to form in the pillow.
- The best part, however, is that it can be easily be washed in the machine.
- These hypoallergenic pillowcases by Elegant Ease are available in multiple colors and sizes. So you will have plenty of options to mix and match them with your bedsheets.
- Plus, it is highly durable with 1500 thread count Egyptian cotton, which makes it ultra-fine and micro ventilated.
- Thus, it also repels sweat and moisture and protects the pillow with its sturdy barrier.
- It is also wrinkle resistant and protects you from all kinds of allergens and bed bugs.
- Bedsure satin pillows are not only resistant to allergens but also have many benefits for your skin and hair health.
- These are made of 100% polyester, which makes it much more resilient than ordinary silk pillows.
- It does not absorb allergens, moisture, or odors. You are making it a healthy addition to your sleeping routine.
- Besides, it has an envelope closure instead of the zipper one, and easy to put on and off the pillows in seconds.
Index Table: Top-Rated Antimicrobial Pillowcases
|1||Silvon Anti-Acne - Anti-microbial Pillowcase||Silvon||98.9|
|2||Celine Linen Luxury - Egyptian Quality Antimicrobial Pillowcases||Celine Linen||98.1|
|3||Kleen Fabrics Acne Fighting - Standard Size Antimicrobial Pillowcase||Kleen Fabrics||97.4|
|4||Hyde Lane Mulberry Silk - Organic Antimicrobial Pillowcase||Hyde Lane||96.7|
|5||ONYX Zinc - Antimicrobial Acne Pillowcase||ONYX||95.8|
|6||LuxClub Bedding Set - Antimicrobial Sheets and Pillowcases||LuxClub||94.6|
|7||Allersoft Bug Proof - Allergy Proof Pillow Cover||Allersoft||96|
|8||AllerEase Temperature Balancing - Allergist Recommended Pillow Cover||AllerEase||96|
|9||Elegant Comfort Wrinkle Resistant - Hypoallergenic Pillow Cover||Elegant Comfort||95.6|
|10||Bedsure Satin - Hypoallergenic Pillowcases||Bedsure||97.1|
Table of Contents
- What are Anti-Microbial Pillows
- Why You Need Anti-Microbial Pillows
- Things to Consider Before Buying
- Reviews: Best Antimicrobial Pillowcases
- Silvon® Anti-Acne Anti-microbial Pillowcase
- Celine Linen® Luxury Egyptian Quality Antimicrobial Pillowcases
- Kleen Fabrics® Acne Fighting Standard Size Antimicrobial Pillowcase
- Hyde Lane® Mulberry Silk Organic Antimicrobial Pillowcase
- ONYX® Zinc Antimicrobial Acne Pillowcase
- LuxClub® Bedding Set Antimicrobial Sheets and Pillowcases
- Allersoft® Bug Proof Allergy Proof Pillow Cover
- AllerEase® Temperature Balancing Allergist Recommended Pillow Cover
- Elegant Comfort® Wrinkle Resistant Hypoallergenic Pillow Cover
- Bedsure® Satin Hypoallergenic Pillowcases
- Index Table: Top-Rated Antimicrobial Pillowcases