I can tell you from personal experience Acne is something I do not wish upon anyone, it may not be a painful or serious condition, but it sure takes its toll on your self-esteem.
One of the things that I have noticed, is that anything dirty or oily that comes into contact with your face, which is the most acne-prone area, can aggravate acne.
In this article, I will be discussing the effects of your pillowcase specifically, on your acne, how it can aggravate your acne, and what you can do to prevent this.
What Causes Acne & What Aggravates it
Acne is basically a skin condition which occurs when the hair follicles on your skin become clogged with oil and dead skin cells, causing a pimple, whitehead, and in some cases a blackhead to form. This usually appears on your face, chest back or shoulders.
Acne can be present in both teenagers and adults, some adults may never outgrow this condition, however there are many treatments and similarly cures for this condition, even in its most extreme case.
- Excess Oil Production.
- Clogged hair follicles.
- Excess hormone production (androgens).
- It is genetically inherited.
- Hormonal Changes.
- PMS in women.
- Friction or pressure from pillows, cell phones, clothing.
- Greasy substances or facial products that you may be allergic to.
What can Aggravate your Acne
I have heard many claims that an unhealthy diet can cause acne, in some cases excess sugar can aggravate acne, but no food can cause acne.
Some medications can cause a breakout, and likewise beauty products, makeup, sunscreen, shampoos and creams. Changes in weather and humidity will likewise affect your acne.
In most cases stress and hormones are your greatest triggers.
Another trigger that we do not always think about is the objects that come into contact with our face and acne prone areas, your clothing, pillow, phone and even your own hands. These objects may carry bacteria, oils or other substances that can aggravate and worsen acne.
Today we are concentrating specifically on your pillow casing, as you sleep on your pillow every night, face buried in it, well wouldn’t you want something that can help rather than aggravate your acne;
Pillow Cases that do Not Aggravate Acne
I have found four types of pillowcases that are not only excellent for your skin and hair in general, but that likewise prevent acne and reduce further exacerbation;
Sil helps to absorb oil while still retaining our skins natural moisture, it also acts as an antibacterial remedy and is likewise hypoallergenic and non-chafing or irritating.
Synthetic silk manufactured from Poly-cotton and microfiber weaved to feel like silk, is similarly hypoallergenic and also aids in c absorbing oil and being non-irritating to the skin.
Silver ions provide a natural antimicrobial effect reducing blemish-causing bacteria and is equally hypoallergenic, non-toxic and non-irritating.
Copper oxide is a mineral that aids in boosting collagen and elastin, which are the two key ingredients in skin rejuvenation and restoration. Hypoallergenic and moisturizing, it is also much softer against the skin.
Bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic, antibacterial, and resists dust mites, mold and mildew. Bamboo has a soft texture against the skin, is all natural and temperature regulating, which helps, because sweating can cause acne breakouts.
Reviews: The Best Anti-Acne Pillow Cases
As I have mentioned Silver Ions are an excellent choice in pillow Case materials when it comes to preventing acne breakouts, and similarly fighting acne. The Silver Ionic Pillowcase from Hygenie is designed specifically to target acne, and to be non-allergenic, preventing further breakouts.
- Manufactured from ionic silver that is embedded in a pure and natural cotton blend which stays soft, fresh and crisp against the skin.
- This pillowcase will ensure you the maximum protection against odors and pollutant collections.
- It is hypoallergenic as the construction prevents the build-up of allergens.
- The Ionic silver will prevent the growth of bacteria and germs which may cause acne and irritation.
- This pillow will stay fresh and clean wash after wash, quality guaranteed.
The Mulberry silk in the Alaska Bear is all natural and will aid in absorbing oil from your skin while retaining natural moisture as not to dry out the skin. Not only is this pillowcase ideal for acne but for wrinkles and retaining the natural beauty of your skin in turn.
- This fine quality, Mulberry silk pillowcase is available in a large variety of rich and fabulous color options for you to choose from.
- A 600 thread count 100% silk pillowcase that is satiny smooth, strong and durable.
- Hypoallergenic and completely breathable to keep you cool and comfortable all night.
- Assist in controlling and absorbing excess oil while keeping your skin naturally moisturized.
- Chemical free, with no synthetic colors and hand made with top quality craftsmanship to fit most queen sized pillows.
- Envokes a deep and restorative sleep that is good for your hair, skin, and emotional wellbeing.
Bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial, and therefore an outstanding option in a pillowcase when you suffer from acne or even just allergies. The Cosy House, Premium collection, the pillowcase is available in a set, with a large variety of stunning color options for you to choose from.
- This pillowcase I super breathable and will stay crisp and cool all night long.
- Thermal regulating abilities that ideally balances your body heat as you sleep.
- Bamboo is naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic making this pillowcase perfect for acne and allergies.
- The bamboo and microfiber blend makes this pillowcase extremely strong and durable, and will not tear or shrink with washing.
- Completely wear and tear resistant, and fully machine washable.
When you look at skin care products to regenerate and boost your skin, collagen and elastin are the prime ingredients that come up. The Copper oxide in the Bin. Wan pillowcase not only boosts collagen and elastin production in your skin but is likewise anti-bacterial. So in the end, you have an anti-acne and anti-aging remedy in one pillowcase.
- Cooper oxide boosts elastin and collagen production naturally which has exceptional regenerative and restorative properties for your skin and hair.
- The copper ions in the pillowcase are antibacterial and will prevent bacteria and odor’s in your pillow.
- The copper which enters your body through this pillowcase is fully metabolized and completely safe.
- The copper is infused into each thread of the pillow so it will not be washed out.
- This pillow case likewise features a natural bacteriostatic environment which is ideal for sleeping acne prone skin.
Not quite a silk, but close enough. This pillowcase is a little easier on the pocket but still provides outstanding results. The synthetic silk is similarly antibacterial and hypoallergenic, while being less harsh and abrasive on your skin and hair.
- Made from a premium mix of polyester and microfiber with a special weave to give it a satin finish.
- Dermatologically recommended for allergies and acne prone skin, as well as aiding to clear pimples and acne.
- Very easy to wash and air dry rather than tumble dry will retain its shape and long lasting comfort.
- You can enjoy this pillowcase throughout the year as it offers excellent temperature control with the luxury feel of a satin pillowcase.
- Completely hypoallergenic and offers exceptional anti-bacterial benefits, while controlling excess oil on your face.
- Another excellent feature is the fact that it controls frizzing of your hair, so you can wake up with a smooth and manageable hairdo every morning.
As you can see I have chosen the best Pillowcase from each material type, all with incomparable benefits for the health of your skin, as well as acne clearing and prevention advantages.
These are the top brands with superior results in each of their classes, the type of pillowcase that you require is up to you, each comes with unique features and all are great choices for Acne management.
Index Table: Top Pillow Cases for Acne Prone Skin
|1||Hygenie Original - Silver Ion Acne Fighting Pillow Case||Hygenie||98|
|2||Alaska Bear Natural - Mulberry Silk Pillow Case for Acne||Alaska Bear||98|
|3||Cosy house Premium Collection - Bamboo Pillow Case for Acne and Allergies||Cosy house||99|
|4||Bin.Wan Beauty - Copper Oxide Acne Pillowcase||Bin.Wan||98|
|5||Exqhome Satin - Pillowcase for Acne Prone Skin||Exqhome||96|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- What Causes Acne & What Aggravates it
- What can Aggravate your Acne
- Pillow Cases that do Not Aggravate Acne
- Reviews: The Best Anti-Acne Pillow Cases
- Hygenie® Original Silver Ion Acne Fighting Pillow Case
- Alaska Bear® Natural Mulberry Silk Pillow Case for Acne
- Cosy house® Premium Collection Bamboo Pillow Case for Acne and Allergies
- Bin.Wan® Beauty Copper Oxide Acne Pillowcase
- Exqhome® Satin Pillowcase for Acne Prone Skin
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: Top Pillow Cases for Acne Prone Skin