Good posture is one of the keys to staying healthy and maintaining great sleep. A good position is also critical to avoid back pain causes before they occur or to assist in back pain treatment.
Knee pillows are a commonly known back pain remedy, and knowing what is the best knee pillow for you will only help you sleep pain-free at night.
How Bad Knee’s Posture Contributes to Back Pain & Poor Sleep
Many people struggle to sleep at night due to upper or lower back pain. This is a result of having bad posture for an extended period and will put your spine out.
The back pain will only worsen the more time that goes by, often putting excess pressure on the hips, neck, and shoulders.
If even more time goes by, this back pain can evolve into a terminal condition, such as sciatica, spondylolisthesis, or scoliosis.
Having a back that’s out of alignment can also block blood flow, especially when sleeping on your side.
When your knees touch, they can block the blood flow if your hips are out of alignment and cause pain, resulting in a lack of sleep.
This can also result in swelling or conditions such as Edema. Symptoms of Edema include swelling in the ankles or hips and pain in the joints.
Why Knee Pillows Are Essential for Back Pain Relief & Better Sleep
It is a wise idea to invest in a knee pillow to aid your posture at night and help give back pain relief (as well as avoiding medical bills) for years to come.
Knee pillows are also highly recommended by medical experts for Edema and the pregnant woman, providing better back support to compensate for the extra weight in utero.
Knee pillows help support your hips if you sleep on your side by providing a layer of cushioning between the knees.
Other types of knee pillows can be used to elevate your feet, inserted under the knees. These are particularly great if you suffer from pitting Edema or swelling in the ankles.
All types of these medical pillows prevent blocked blood flow and alleviate lower and upper back pain. Having a knee pillow is also indicated for herniated discs or problems occurring from a pinched nerve.
Characteristics of a Good Knee Pillow
- Spacing – The best knee pillow should be able to provide enough spacing between your knees so your back is straight and your knees don’t knock against each other. It should allow for proper blood flow to your feet and be a comfortable match for you.
- Memory Foam – is the best material to look for in a knee pillow as it retains your shape while it’s warm (such as from body heat) and loses the impression when colder. This gives the ultimate flexibility topped with maximum comfort. Memory foam is also noted to be the most healthy pillow material with minimal allergens or contaminants.
- Other Materials – There are a few different materials they can be made from, such as latex, polyester, water, down feathers, and sometimes even buckwheat hulls. Latex and polyester provide allergenic reactions in some people but are usually the most affordably priced options.
Reviews: The Best Knee Pillows
Here are our reviews for the best knee pillows available in the market today;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Top of the range in the knee pillow niche, the Back Support Systems DLX Knee Pillow provides you with the support you need to reduce excess back pains.
- Medical professionals worldwide have endorsed this product, and its reputation is well known.
- Made from non-allergenic materials, this is the best possible solution for somebody who doesn’t do well with synthetic fibers in their pillows.
- Made from luxurious memory-foam and guaranteed to hold you comfortable all night long and ensure the best possible sleep.
- The cherry on top of this product is that you can bill it to your medical insurance, making this product not only a top of the top but the greatest price too!
- If you search for the best sleeping solution to your knee pain and just don’t want your knees to touch during the night, the Pull-On Knee Cushion is the right fit for you!
- Essentially a comfortable, plushy sleeve or band that goes around your knee, the pull-on knee cushion ensures that your knees do not touch during the course of the night.
- Possibly the easiest to use of all knee pillows, this can also be suitable for patients recovering from a hip operation.
- One size fits all, and the product is for both males and females. It comes in the colors of blue or green.
- As the name may suggest, this pillow works in action by being fitted underneath your legs and elevating them to alleviate all sorts of back pains.
- The elevating leg rest pillow supports your knees from behind and is thus suitable for you if you sleep on your back.
- Improve your blood circulation in your legs and dramatically alleviate the symptoms of pain concerning swelling! Particularly useful for Edema or varicose veins patients.
- The cover is made from poly-cotton and is highly durable. This pillow will last you for many fulfilling nights of painless sleep.
- Abco Tech knee pillow helps in relieving sciatic nerve, hip, knee, and lower back pains.
- The pillow is quite useful in aligning the hip posture for the side sleepers.
- The knee pillow is made from 100% elastic memory foam and ensures long-lasting comfort.
- It is built with hypoallergenic material and ensures safety from allergens and other microorganisms.
- One of the top medical maternity pillows on the market, the Cushion Lab Knee Pillow, is also highly recommended for Sciatic Nerve, leg, or back pains.
- Orthopedic medical professionals recommend this product.
- This Wedge Knee Pillow is made from memory foam, which is precisely what makes it one of the best knee pillows at an incredibly affordable price!
- The breathable fabric used in the pillow’s covering makes it convenient for sleep – no need to worry about excessive sweating.
- It is shaped perfectly in the form of an hourglass; this pillow fits conveniently between your knees and provides comfort all night long.
The ComfiLife Knee Pillow has a supportive contoured design and a plush memory foam filling to relieve back knee and hip pain.
- Features an ergonomic design that fits comfortably between your knees.
- It is filled with premium quality Memory Foam that is high density, to keep its shape over time.
- The pillow keeps your legs, hips, and spine in perfect alignment and posture.
- An easy to clean and highly breathable cover.
An outstanding model from Everlasting Comfort, their adjustable knee pillow comes with a strap to keep it in place and additional earplugs for a relaxing night’s rest.
- Keep the pillow perfectly between your knees with the adjustable hook and loop strap.
- It comes with included earplugs made from soft and durable memory foam.
- Filled with soft and resilient Memory foam with an ergonomic curved design.
- Ensures that there is just the right amount of spacing between your legs for correct posture.
This half-moon bolster pillow is designed uniquely for back sleepers who need to put their legs up with ultimate knee comfort and support.
- Ensures the most effective pain relief by supporting your back, legs, knees, and hips.
- Ideal for pregnant women and those who are post-surgery.
- Filled with 100% Visco-Elastic and hypoallergenic Memory Foam.
- Covered with a breathable and cooling cotton cover.
- It offers excellent sciatica, back, hip, knee, and lower back pain relief.
- Ergonomic design for full support.
- It is filled with CertiPUR-certified memory foam.
- A breathable and machine washable cover.
The Everlasting Comfort Pillow is a half-moon bolster pillow that you can use between or under your knees for hip and back support.
- Filled with 100% pure memory foam for a firm loft.
- Ergonomic curved design that fits perfectly between or under your legs.
- Multifunctional for use as a lumbar or knee pillow.
- It comes with a super soft and breathable layer cover.
- The knee pillow fits perfectly between the knees and provides maximum comfort and support.
- It is built with 100% premium cut memory foam and improves blood circulation by aligning the right posture of the body.
- The pillow cover is machine washable and needs minimum maintenance.
- It is great for people who have issues with their back as it provides relief from the pain.
- The Natumax knee pillow fits ideally between hip, knee, and back.
- The pillow comes with a leg strap, so it does not move from its position.
- People with conditions like sciatica pain, back pain, and leg pain feel relieved with its use.
- The pillow provides the best alignment and ensures pain-free sleep.
- The premium quality pure memory foam is used for a firm loft.
- Ergonomic design so that the pillow fits perfectly between your legs.
- This OceanGel pillow is super soft and provides a comfortable sleep.
- It gives relief from pain and provides ideal alignment for the spine and back.
- The new and improved design gives you support all night long.
- It gives you freedom from joint and knee pains.
- The pillow is highly comfortable and can be adjusted using straps.
- Shredded Memory Foam used in its making helps it stay cool and not produce heat.
Index Table: Top Rated Knee Pillows
|1||Back Support Systems Memory Foam - Full Lenght Knee Pillow||Back Support Systems||97.9|
|2||Modvel Pull-On Cushion - Knee Pillow||Modvel||94|
|3||Essential Medical Elevating Leg - Knee Pillow for Back Sleepers||Essential Medical||94|
|4||Abco Tech Sciatica Relief - Knee Pillow||Abco Tech||96|
|5||Cushion Lab Memory Foam Wedge - Pain Relief Knee Pillow||Cushion Lab||95|
|6||ComfiLife Orthopedic - Knee Pillow||ComfiLife||97|
|7||Everlasting Comfort Adjustable - Memory Foam Knee Pillow||Everlasting Comfort||97|
|8||Beautiful Life Pain Relief - Half Moon Bolster Knee Pillow||Beautiful Life||96|
|9||Luna Orthopedic - Knee Pillow||Luna||97|
|10||Everlasting Comfort Memory Foam - Knee Pillow||Everlasting Comfort||98|
|12||Kodu Living Orthopedic - Best Knee Pillow||Kodu Living||98|
|13||Natumax Multi Position - Pillow for Knee||Natumax||97|
|14||OceanGel Hypoallergenic - Firm Knee Pillow||OceanGel||96|
|15||Flippin' Happy Innovative - Knee Pillow||Flippin' Happy||97|
Table of Contents
- How Bad Knee’s Posture Contributes to Back Pain & Poor Sleep
- Why Knee Pillows Are Essential for Back Pain Relief & Better Sleep
- Characteristics of a Good Knee Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Knee Pillows
- Back Support Systems® Memory Foam Full Lenght Knee Pillow
- Modvel® Pull-On Cushion Knee Pillow
- Essential Medical® Elevating Leg Knee Pillow for Back Sleepers
- Abco Tech® Sciatica Relief Knee Pillow
- Cushion Lab® Memory Foam Wedge Pain Relief Knee Pillow
- ComfiLife® Orthopedic Knee Pillow
- Everlasting Comfort® Adjustable Memory Foam Knee Pillow
- Beautiful Life® Pain Relief Half Moon Bolster Knee Pillow
- Luna® Orthopedic Knee Pillow
- Everlasting Comfort® Memory Foam Knee Pillow
- Kodu Living® Orthopedic Best Knee Pillow
- Natumax® Multi Position Pillow for Knee
- OceanGel® Hypoallergenic Firm Knee Pillow
- Flippin' Happy® Innovative Knee Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Knee Pillows