One of the few things you can do to effectively reduce dust Mites and allergens is by using a dust mite resistant pillow cover and bed cover. Your pillow and mattress can have anywhere from hundreds to thousands of dust mites living in it which may cause severe to mild allergic reactions.
Dust Mites love dark and damp places which are why your pillows and bed is such an ideal breeding ground for allergy causing dust mites.
What are Dust Mites and How do they Affect You
Dust Mites are small living insets that are microscopic and not visible to the eye, which breed in dark, damp and dusty areas of your home.
Your bed and pillows are a particular favorite breeding ground for Dust Mites because it is dark and damp.
Dust mites are close relatives to ticks and spiders and eat the skin cells that you shed, therefore they are present in most upholstered furniture such as sofas, beds, carpeting and your bedding. Dust Mites can cause allergic reactions in many individuals whether they are dead or alive, and besides this even just the idea of a tiny little parasite living in your bed or on your pillow is enough to be quite creepy and disturbing.
Besides this, the main issue with Dust mites is that they can aggravate conditions such as Asthma and eczema, and can cause moderate to severe ALLERGIC reactions.
- Eye Irritation and Infection – Dust Mites can cause red, itchy and watery eyes and irritate and damage your eyes. They can likewise be the cause of swollen and blue colored skin under your eyes.
Nasal Congestion – Dust mites can affect your sinuses causing a runny or congested nose and sinuses as well as sneezing and breathing issues.
Asthma – individuals who suffer from asthma may get a sever Asthma attach or struggle to breathe as a result of dust mites.
Hayfever and Allergies – in general, dust mites can cause hayfever and allergic reactions such as sneezing, coughing, itching, a runny nose, itchy throat, and skin itching.
Trouble Sleeping – all the symptoms caused by dust mite will most definitely interrupt your sleep.
Eczema – individuals suffering from eczema may experience itching and breakouts as a result of dust mites.
In Children – you may notice that your child is continually rubbing their nose when sleeping which is one of the main symptoms as to Dust Mite allergies.
How a Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Cover Works and its Benefits
A dust Mite Pillow and mattress cover can be a savior in preventing the build up and breeding of dust mites, as well as other allergens. In this article, however, we are concentrating on a Dust Mite resistant Pillow Case as a start.
A dust Mite resistant pillow Case or Cover serves three basic purposes;
Other benefits of a Dust Mite Resistant Pillow may Include;
- Keeps Dust Mites Away from Their Food Source – the Dust Mite resistant Pillow cover keeps dust mites away from your skin, and in turn away from their main source of food which is your dead skin cells and dander. This, in turn, leads to them starving to death and then they can be easily eliminated.
Keeps Dust Mites and Feces Out of The Air – Every time you toss and turn Dust Mites, dead and alive as well as their feces are dispersed into the air and you end up breathing them in and getting these particles on your skin and in your eyes. The Dust Mite resistant Cover for your pillow keeps already there dust Mites and their feces trapped and away from your face.
Cleaner – having a cover on your pillow that absorbs moisture, sweat, and oils which you can wash regularly is much safer and better for your health in general. In turn, the dust mite resistant Cover also keeps dust mites OUT, so that they cannot further enter your pillow and are easily washed away when you wash your pillowcase and the cover.
Features of a Good Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Covers
- Keeps dust and dust mites out.
- Made from lightweight and breathable materials.
- Absorbs sweat and moisture and keeps our cool at night.
- Made from hypoallergenic materials.
- Antibacterial treated.
- Easily removable and washable design.
Reviews: The Best Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Coverss
Below I have listed the Top rated Dust Mite rresistant Pillow cases available today;
The SureGuard Dust Mite Pillow protector is a waterproof pillow protective cover that you place underneath your pillowcase to protect you against allergens and dust mites.
- Comes in a set of two standar waterproof, pillow protector covers with zip closures.
- Completely bed bug proof and dust mite resistant and seals off your pillow to prevent contact with allergens.
- Gives a hypoallergenic blocking from dust mites, allergens, and bacteria, as well as mold and mildew protection.
- Very soft and noiseless design that has a 1005 cotton terry surface.
Allersoft is a top brand in hypoallergenic, waterproof and dust mite resistant pillow and mattress protectors that are of the finest quality and craftsmanship.
- Made from durable and breathable cotton that allows moisture vapor tout to keep you dry and cool.
- A breathable allergen and dust mite barrier with small pore sizes that keeps particles in and vapor out.
- High quality design with a durable zipper closure that completely seals all allergens and bugs in.
- Comes in standard, queen, and king size options, I have features the queen sized option to review.
The Mission: Allergy Pillowcase is a soft and comfortable Microfiber pillowcase that is breathable, as well as dust mite and allergen resistant.
- Designed by a Board Certified Allergists, and recommended by leading Allergy Specialists.
- Medical Grade design that blocks Dust Mites, allergens, and dander 100%, while still remaining breathable.
- Manufactured from soft tightly woven microfiber and polyester, That is air and water vapor permeable, though still dust mite resistant and water repellent.
- High quality construction and sewing with zipper flaps and quality zipper closures.
The Organic Cotton pillowcase from The Allergy Store is naturally hypoallergenic, dust mite and allergen resistant, as well as breathable and cooling against the skin.
- Made from 100% GOTS certified Organic Cotton.
- There are no added chemicals or harsh treatments used in the manufacturing process.
- Cotton is soft, cool and breathable.
- Tightly woven cotton fibers block allergens and dust mites and keep them at bay.
- There are heavy gauge nylon zipper closures with rust-proof metal zippers.
High quality pillow protectors from Home Fashion design come in a handy pack of four allergen proof, waterproof and dust mite resistant pillow protective covers.
- Made from 100% natural cotton with a very tight weave to block bed bugs, dust mites, and other allergens while allowing air and vapors to pass through.
- Antibacterial design and stain and wear and tear resistant.
- Easy allergy control, And great to use on feather pillows if you are allergic.
- High quality waterproof design with a cotton terry top that absorbs moisture effectively.
- Comes in a variety of sizes and packaging options.
Index Table:Top Rated Dust Mite Pillow Covers
|1||SureGuard Two Pack - Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Covers||SureGuard||98|
|2||Allersoft Standard - Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Protector||Allersoft||98|
|3||Mission:Allergy Casing - Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Case||Mission:Allergy||98|
|4||The Allergy Store Organic Cotton - Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Case||The Allergy Store||97|
|5||Home Fashion Design Four Pack - Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Covers||Home Fashion Design||96|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- What are Dust Mites and How do they Affect You
- How a Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Cover Works and its Benefits
- Features of a Good Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Covers
- Reviews: The Best Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Coverss
- SureGuard® Two Pack Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Covers
- Allersoft® Standard Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Protector
- Mission:Allergy® Casing Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Case
- The Allergy Store® Organic Cotton Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Case
- Home Fashion Design® Four Pack Dust Mite Resistant Pillow Covers
- Index Table:Top Rated Dust Mite Pillow Covers