A combination sleeper basically uses either two or three of the primary sleeping positions, side, back, or stomach sleeping, and therefore requires support for all these sleeping positions from their pillow.
There are different types of combination sleepers, some you sleep equally on two or three different positions or some who sleep in two or three positions but favor one of the most.
Combination sleeping is highly beneficial to individuals who have poor circulation as the constant motion aids in improving blood flow. Combination sleeping has also proven quite effective against snoring and sleep apnea as some positions are just better for this than others.
Yet the Combinations of your sleeping can be beneficial; your mattress and pillow still play a major role when it comes to comfort and support during the night. Therefore finding the right pillow for your sleeping style is vital. Usually, Back and side sleeping combinations are easy to fin pillows for; it is only when stomach sleeping makes an appearance that it gets a bit tricky.
Combination Sleeping Pillow Types
There are a few Pillow Types and Fills that work well for combination sleepers;
- Memory Foam Pillow – Memory foam, particularly Shredded memory foam has an adjustable and adaptable loft, making it ideal for almost all sleeping styles and positions. This is also a popular pillow type, and you will find models with many features and styles.
- Down Alternative Pillow – Down and Feather Pillows are one of the best options for stomach sleepers as they tend to be flatter and are adjustable, which in turn allows them to cater for side and back sleepers as well. The Down alternative Pillow gives you the same features and the feel of a down or feather pillow without the feathers or down, which may, in some individuals, cause and allergic reaction.
- Down and Feather Pillow – The Natural down or feather pillow or combination of both ensures you have a highly adjustable loft that you can plump up during the night or fill up or down for a lower or firmer feel. More ideal for side and stomach sleeping, yet also great for back sleepers.
- Gel Memory Foam – Similar to the solid or shredded memory foam pillow, because memory foam can get hot with your body heat, cooling Gel is the latest technology used in these type of pillows to keep you cool and comfortable in any sleeping position.
- Spring Pillow – Less ideal for stomach sleepers though still suitable, I would advise a spring or coil pillow or blended coil and foam pillow for side and back sleepers. This pillow helps to relieve strain from your spine and gives firmer support for all sleep positions.
- Adjustable Pillow -Contoured and adjustable shape and sized pillows give you the option to choose your sleeping position and pillow comfort required for that position ideally. A Contoured Pillow is always the best option for combination sleepers.
Features of a Good Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- Fill – memory Foam, Foam, feather, Down, pocketed Coils;latex.
- Cover – Bamboo, Cotton or synthetic materails, with a removable and washable design.
- Loft – Adjustable and adaptable.
- Extras – Cooling Gel infused; Down alternative Fill.
Reviews: The Best Pillow for Combination Sleepers
Listed Below are some exceptionally comfortable and effective pillows that are ideal for Combination Sleeping;
Snuggle Pedic is one of the top brands that you will find in pillows. Their Ultra-Luxury model is designed for all sleeping positions.
- The cover is washable and has a zipper closure design for easy adjustability.
- Completely Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant as well as Eco-friendly pillow.
- It is filled with premium shredded memory foam that will never flatten.
- The Kool-Flow technology ensures that you keep cool all night long.
- The cover is made from natural bamboo and durable polyester.
From Puredown, another very popular brand, I have chosen their Natural Goose Down and Feather pillow, which is a great choice for combination sleeping, particularly stomach sleeping.
- The shell consists of 100% natural cotton with a premium level of diamond lattice quilting, core piping, and a double layer fabric to prevent discomfort from feather sticking out.
- A hypoallergenic and safe design.
- Filled with premium grey goose feather and down for plush comfort.
- The down is Responsibly for harvested and certified by OXIPOWER and TWIXE AS NICE.
From OXA, I have chosen the Pocket Spring Pillow, which is something a bit different yet very effective for all sleeping positions.
- There are over 40 individually wrapped pocketed springs in this pillow to give you the perfect balance of softness and support.
- This pillow independently adjusts to your movements and body contours.
- The cover material is highly breathable with 3D spacer mesh fabric and percale weaving, to keep fill fibers from escaping and improve ventilation.
- There is an adaptive inner core with almost a billion shorter fibers that gives even more springy support.
The UTTU Sandwich Memory Foam pillow comes complete with a removable and washable natural Bamboo Cover.
- Medium-firm support for all sleeping positions.
- You can easily remove one of the pillow layers to adjust the height of the pillow, which in turn makes it perfect for any sleeping position.
- The UTTU dynamic foam fill uses high density and quality memory foam that is CERTI-PUR Certified.
- Tere is a soft and comfortable Bamboo Viscose blend cover that is removable and washable.
Another superb down fill pillow that has an adjustable and moldable loft, perfect for any sleeping position.
- It is filled with superior Hungarian White Goos down, that is responsibly sourced.
- A 300 count cotton cover with a striped shell.
- This pillow can be plumped and molded into a perfect and comfortable shape and loft.
- Durable and fine quality designed pillow.
The JA comforts Duck and Down feather Pillow give you the perfect balance of firm and soft comfort and an adjustable loft.
- It comes with a 100% pure Cotton cover that is lightweight and durable.
- Double line technology is used to prevent feathers from escaping and becoming an irritation.
- Filled with natural grey duck feather and down that can absorb moisture, and stays breathable and fluffy.
- Very easy to wash and dry.
- A Bolster Pillow can support the back legs and sides when sleeping in all positions.
- This multifunctional Halfmoon Bolster Pillow is filled with premium High-density memory foam and has a breathable and easy clean Pillowcase.
- Ergonomically designed for optimal support for the entire body in any sleeping position.
- It comes with a Lifetime Warranty.
- A comfortable combination-sleeping full body pillow.
- Comes with a Rayon derived washable bamboo cover.
- Inside is Premium Shredded Memory Foam, that easily shapes and conforms to your body.
- There is also unobstructed airflow for improved breathability.
- A large-sized Body pillow is perfect for all sleeping positions.
- It is filled with high-quality Memory Foam that is shredded for better breathability.
- It offers full-body support and comfort.
- The hypoallergenic pillowcase is removable and washable.
- The pillow will stay cool and comfortable all night long.
- This pillow is filled with 100% Polyester, that is high-quality and chemical free, and provides the right amount of support and softness at the same time.
- The cover is made with 100% cotton for a soft and smooth finish.
- It is designed using No-shift construction, making it ideal for all types of sleepers, be it side, back, or stomach ones.
- The pillow is Hypoallergenic, machine washable, as well as fade-resistant and stain-resistant.
- This pillow is designed for all kinds of sleepers, be it stomach or back.
- It is encased in an organic cotton cover that is skin-friendly and soft to the touch.
- The adjustable latex filling can be customized according to your needs.
- It is hypoallergenic, OEKO-TEX 100 Certified, and promotes spinal alignment.
- This pillow comes enclosed in a cover made with 40% Viscose rayon and 60% Polyester.
- It is filled with 80% shredded memory foam and 20% Polyester fiber for prolonged and comfortable usage.
- It is breathable, hypoallergenic, and dust-mite resistant.
- The soft filling makes it perfect for all kinds of sleepers including stomach, side, and back sleepers.
- The pillow contains material such as Polyester and Tencel for comfort and support at the same time.
- It comes in a contoured design to help align the spine and relieve pain in head, neck and shoulder areas.
- The pillow is designed to retain its shape and calibrated to provide optimum support to the user.
- It contains CertiPUR-US Certified memory foam at its core to absorb pressure and provide support.
Index Table: Top Rated Pillow for Combination Sleepers
Table of Contents
- Combination Sleeping
- Combination Sleeping Pillow Types
- Features of a Good Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- Reviews: The Best Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- Snuggle-Pedic® Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- PureDown® Natural Down Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- OXA® Upgraded Spring Pocket Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- UTTU® Sandwich Memory Foam Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- Superior® Continental Bedding Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- JA Comfort® Hotel Collection Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- ComfiLife® Semi Roll Combination Sleeping Bolster Pillow
- Lucid® Shredded Memory Foam Combination Sleeping Body Pillow
- Elegant Homes® Premium Combination Sleeping Body Pillow
- SEPOVEDA® Soft Side/Back/Stomach Pillow
- Sleep Artisan® Luxury Curved Side Sleeper Pillow
- WonderSleep® Dream Rite Shredded Adjustable Pillow
- Milemont® Cervical Memory Foam Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Pillow for Combination Sleepers