Did you know that your pillow is used over 2500 per year? Is it so much more than just something to rest your head on? Your pillow is a vital part of getting a good night’s rest and feeling refreshed the following day.
With this in mind, it is essential to invest in the correct type of pillow for your personal comfort needs.
This article concentrates on “Heavy” pillows, sturdy, firm, and weight.
What is a Heavy Pillow?
There is no classification for “Heavy pillows”; instead, just pillow fills that bear more weight than other fills.
A dense pillow tends to be more durable and can bear more weight in general, and it is much more substantial than its lighter-weight counterparts. Some of us may prefer a heavier and firmer loft p[illow, which is also a bit more heavy-duty and long-lasting.
I am a fan of a heavier, more bulky, and firm pillow loft and find that it provides me the best comfort for all sleeping positions, as to tend to sleep in all positions, especially on my side.
Heavy Pillow Types and Fills
Although there are many Pillow types, shapes, sizes, covers, and fills on the market today, even when it comes to dense pillows, they each have their pros and cons, and there are a few that you are more likely to find mainstream.
Below I am listing some of your easy to find and more basic heavy fill pillow types and why they are the best options;
- We kick off with my favorite, the Latex Filled pillow, which in most cases consists of solid latex foam, and on a rare occasion, you will find shredded Latex, which is even better as a fill.
- Latex is a natural and hypoallergenic substance that does not lose shape, offers firm support, and retains a soft and comfortable feel.
- Latex-filled pillows are very durable and heavy-duty, and they do carry plenty of weight.
- It is breathable, much more than memory foam, stays cool, and offers excellent support.
- Although Latex is not moldable may have a slight rubbery odor as it is made from the rubber tree.
- It is very dense and heavy but still comfortable and soft enough to look for a dense pillow. Because of the high density of Latex, they normally have quite a high loft and are therefore not recommended for stomach sleepers, although they are great for side and back sleeping.
Solid Memory Foam
- Memory foam is manufactured from polyurethane and some chemical parts, so it is not as natural as Latex or other natural fills. Yet memory foam remains safe and hypoallergenic.
- One thing about memory foam that stands out above all other pillow fills is that it is very MOLDABLE and adjustable, conforming to your natural shape and contours easily.
- Memory foam likewise returns and retains its shape after use, so there are no worries about your pillow flattening over time.
- Latex memory foam is also quite heavy and very durable and heavy-duty.
- Many memory foam pillows come with a hypoallergenic and natural Bamboo cover, which also has better cooling and moisture-wicking properties, as memory foam tends to retain heat.
- Memory foam filling will not clump, does not require fluffing, and offers the best support for almost all sleeping positions, including stomach sleeping, where a lower loft is required.
- However, because it is a solid foam, you cannot adjust the loft, and memory foam may likewise have a slight chemical odor at first.
Shredded Memory Foam
- The same as memory foam, made from the same material, in this case, it is just shredded to allow you the option of adjusting the loft and offers better ventilation than the solid foam.
- Shredded memory foam is still heavy, though not as heavy as its solid brother.
Buckwheat Fill Pillow
- Buckwheat is all-natural and hypoallergenic and gives you an adjustable loft option.
- It likewise has a bit more substance, so it is heavier than other natural grain alternatives, and it is very durable with a long life span.
- Buckwheat pillows offer excellent support that is breathable, moldable, and will hold its shape.
- Even better, it is constructed of all-natural and degradable materials safe for you and the environment.
- Buckwheat pillows are ideal for side, back, and stomach sleepers so everyone can enjoy their benefits.
- The only disadvantage of a Buckwheat pillow is that it is very firm and heavy, which in any case, is exactly what we are looking for in this instance.
Features of a Good Heavy Pillow
- It offers good firm support and has a sturdy loft.
- Heavy-duty and highly durable.
- A comfortable, washable, and durable cover.
- Bamboo and cotton are the best cover materials.
- Buckwheat, Latex, or memory foam Fill.
- The option of shredded Latex or memory foam.
- Cooling gel top layer or infusion as an added feature.
- Heavy and bulky with a high density.
Reviews: The Best Heavy Pillow
Here are some of the best available dense pillows with either Latex, buckwheat, or memory foam fills.
We hope you love the heavy pillows we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The JUVEA solid latex Pillow is an all-natural OEKO_TEX certified solid latex pillow with a heavy fill.
- Environmentally friendly and 100% natural Latex heavy pillow filling that is heavier and more substantial, with no harmful chemicals or synthetic substances.
- It comes with a naturally breathable and cooling cotton cover.
- Available in either high or low profile options and standard king or queen size options.
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant Latex is also naturally antibacterial.
- A great choice if you are looking for a heavier and firmer pillow.
For something a bit more pliable and softer to sleep on yet still bears some weight, I would opt for the Shredded Latex Pillow.
- A 100% Gots Certified pure shredded latex pillow made from all-natural organic Latex with a certified organic cotton cover.
- Latex, especially shredded Latex, is pliable and soft while maintaining its shape.
- There is a double zipper cotton cover that is removable and washable included.
- They are designed for maximum airflow and breathability to keep you cool and comfortable.
From Coop Home Goods, we have the very popular and sought-after adjustable memory foam Fill pillow that comes with additional memory foam that you can fill the pillow with for the perfect loft and profile.
- Medium-firm support with shredded memory foam.
- Memory foam offers some weight and a more solid loft.
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite-resistant memory foam and machine washable cotton cover.
- Greenguard Gold certified memory foam is used that is also CertiPUR-US certified.
- Available in a King or Queen size option to choose from.
The memory foam pillow from WEEKENDER has a firm loft and heavy feel, though it is completely breathable and well ventilated with the innovative AirCell technology.
- A patent design memory foam-filled pillow with AirCell technology for better ventilation and breathability, along with a breathable jersey cover.
- Also, it features infused Gel for cooling effects.
- A square design also accommodates stomach sleepers, making this pillow ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Completely safe CentiPUR-US certified memory foam is used that is hypoallergenic and free from toxins.
- Available in different size options to choose from.
One of the most popular and sought-after Buckwheat fill pillows is the ComfySleep. I have chosen their traditional and most popular Buckwheat pillow, which comes with extra hulls so you can adjust the loft of your pillow.
- Ensures superior support and comfort for restful sleep.
- Completely breathable with a naturally breathable cover.
- Chemical-free and all-natural Buckwheat filling come with additional fill.
- Adjustable design, so you can choose the perfect loft and profile for your pillow.
- The zipper closure is invisible and highly durable.
- Available in either a king or queen-sized option
- Responsive memory foam fill that offers excellent ergonomic support.
- Antimicrobial and dust mite-resistant memory foam and cover.
- Medium-firm and plush feel.
- Comes with a premium plush velour feel removable and washable pillow cover.
- A Latex Fill Pillow that is highly resilient and offers firm support.
- It is covered with a 100% natural cotton cover.
- Hypoallergenic and breathable that is also dust mite and mold resistant.
- Comes in different size selections.
- It is filled with premium Shredded memory foam for a plush and medium-firm feel.
- It is covered with an organic bamboo cover that is breathable, cooling, and antimicrobial.
- Orthopedically support the head and neck for all-night comfort.
- Certi-PUR Certified memory foam and free from chemicals and flame retardants.
Bean Products’ pillows are truly made for everyone as these pillows are available in various sizes to provide comfort at all levels.
- This heavy-weighted pillow is filled with organic buckwheat, while the cover is made of cotton, meaning it is an entirely natural product.
- It provides superior support to the head, neck, and spine, and its thermodynamic design makes it highly breathable.
- Besides, the organic heavy pillow filling provides firm yet comfortable support and conforms to your head’s shape, making it a versatile and flexible product.
- And the cover has a hidden zipper for easy removal and is machine-washable.
- TEMPUR-Breeze ProHi Pillow will keep you cool as you sleep while precisely adapting to your head, neck, and shoulders.
- Moreover, the exclusive TEMPUR material has a moderately soft feel and a high profile ideal for medium-sized frames and all sleep positions.
- Besides, this product’s cutting-edge breeze technology offers superior cooling comfort, so say goodbye to night sweats.
- The exterior cover is premium-quality with 500 thread count and is removable and machine-washable.
Index Table: Top Rated Heavy Pillows
|1||JUVEA All Natural - Heavy solid LatexPillow||JUVEA||98.9|
|2||PureTree Organics - Heavy Shredded Latex Pillow||PureTree||98.5|
|3||Coop Home Goods Premium - Heavy Memory Foam Pillow||Coop Home Goods||98.2|
|4||WEEKENDER Ventilated Gel - Memory Foam Pillow||WEEKENDER||97.8|
|5||ComfySleep Traditional - Heavy Pillow with Buckwheat Fill||ComfySleep||97.4|
|6||Classic Brands Cool Sleep - Ventilated Gel Memory Foam||Classic Brands||97.1|
|7||Kiss Dream Latex - Extra Soft Latex Pillow for Sleeping||Kiss Dream||96.7|
|8||Snuggle Pedic Ultra-Lucury - Hypoallergenic HeavyPillow||Snuggle Pedic||96.3|
|9||Bean Products Standard - Heavy Cotton Pillow||Bean Products||97|
|10||Tempur-Pedic Queen - Heavy White Pillow||Tempur-Pedic||97|
Table of Contents
- What is a Heavy Pillow?
- Heavy Pillow Types and Fills
- Features of a Good Heavy Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Heavy Pillow
- JUVEA® All Natural Heavy solid LatexPillow
- PureTree® Organics Heavy Shredded Latex Pillow
- Coop Home Goods® Premium Heavy Memory Foam Pillow
- WEEKENDER® Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Pillow
- ComfySleep® Traditional Heavy Pillow with Buckwheat Fill
- Classic Brands® Cool Sleep Ventilated Gel Memory Foam
- Kiss Dream® Latex Extra Soft Latex Pillow for Sleeping
- Snuggle Pedic® Ultra-Lucury Hypoallergenic HeavyPillow
- Bean Products® Standard Heavy Cotton Pillow
- Tempur-Pedic® Queen Heavy White Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Heavy Pillows