Pillows are necessary for a restful sleep but can also be a decorative accessory in your home. And if you will have one in the living room or bedroom, why not make it handmade? From big and fluffy to sleek and modern, handmade pillows are perfect.
So, if you wish to add charm to your home, we’ve got you covered with this blog post about different types of pillows and how they’ll help improve your sleeping habits and overall decor.
Table of Contents
- What are the Best Fabrics Used to Make Handmade Pillows?
- How to Clean Handmade Pillows?
- How to Make Handmade Pillows?
- Reviews: Best Handmade Pillows
- Index Table: Top-Rated Handmade Pillows
What are the Best Fabrics Used to Make Handmade Pillows?
Choosing a fabric that will not shed or fray over time is crucial. The most common materials for handmade pillows are cotton, silk sateen, linen/cotton mix, and wool blends.
- Cotton – You’ll want to use soft, comfortable fabric for your pillows. Cotton is usually used because it’s inexpensive and easy to work with.
- Silk Sateen – Silk has a smooth, delicate texture perfect for sewing, and sateen provides an excellent contrast to the silk. Since these fabrics feel soft on the skin, these are great choices for handmade pillows.
- Linen – Linen has been a popular choice for centuries because of its durability, softness, and breathability. With this fabric, you can ensure that your cushion will be long-lasting and easy to keep clean.
- Wool Blends – Wool blends are perfect for making handmade decorative pillows because they have a natural texture, sooty-looking color, and density that will remain intact with years of use.
How to Clean Handmade Pillows?
Handmade pillows are wonderfully decorative and functional accessories that can get dirty. Here’s how you clean them at home:
- First – Remove the covers from the pillows and wash them separately so they don’t get mixed with the cushion.
- Second – Grab the pretreatment solution for stains for quick and easy cleaning. Rub it with a sponge to eliminate unwanted dirt or grimeRub.
- Third – Machine wash warm water using a front-loading washer on the gentle cycle. Moreover, use natural detergent, air drying, and iron to remove wrinkles.
- Fourth – Dry your pillows in a well-ventilated area for as long as possible.
How to Make Handmade Pillows?
So, if you wish to get your creative side up and DIY your handmade pillows from scratch. Here are the simplest steps to get there.
- Step 1: Pick a Fabric and Trim – Pillows can be made from all sorts of fabrics or clothes, such as old t-shirts and tablecloths. Next, you need to cut two squares from the same material. Please make sure you have enough for both pieces; otherwise, they won’t be able to match up.
- Step 2: Pin-Up the Seams – Once you decide on the back and front sides, lay the fabric flat. The second step is to pin the three sides. However, could you leave at least two inches from the corners and make sure to leave one side open?
- Step 3: Pinch & Pull – You might think corners are hard, but they’re so easy with the Pinch & Pull Technique. Pinch a fold on your trim at the corner, then pull it up to meet what you have already pinned.
- Step 4: Sewing – The next step is to sew the edges of your pillow. Also, the edge should be sewn with a color thread that matches the fabric’s original tone. Use straight stitches or zigzag stitching on a sewing machine if you want.
Reviews: Best Handmade Pillows
In this article, you’ll find some of the best Handmade Pillows with their features for you to choose from.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Xizi handmade decorative pillows have a unique design and are handmade by skilled workers.
- Made with high-quality velvet fabric and soft cotton inside, they can be used as sofa cushions, bed pillows, office chair cushions, or car seat cushions.
- Moreover, it has multi-functions. For instance, the knot ball pillow will help you relax your body and mind when you are tired after work.
- The cute knot ball shape makes it very popular among people worldwide.
- Also, the fresh grey color will help you maintain a warm atmosphere in your room.
- If you’re looking for decorative designer pillows online, look no further than this beautiful, elegant, and unique rose flower handmade throw pillow.
- It is designed to be an accent pillow for your couch or bed, and the pattern of the rose flower makes it stand out from other pillows in the room.
- In addition, the heart-shaped invisible zipper closure allows you to insert and remove the cushion inserts easily.
- Moreover, it can be cleaned in a machine or by hand only in cold water. Besides, it is recommended that you don’t bleach or iron it.
- These handmade throw pillows are the perfect gift for any occasion.
- You can create personalized handmade throw pillows in multiple sizes, colors, and fabrics with your favorite photo or design.
- Besides, the blind single zipper makes inserting and removing the pillow easy.
- Textured linen pillow is professionally pressed with infused ink that will not peel, crack, fade, or feel stiff to the touch.
- These handmade decorative pillow covers are lightweight, 100% high-quality cotton canvas for comfort and durability.
- The pillowcases are made of high-quality, durable cotton fabric that is easy to clean.
- Furthermore, the hand-stitched edges prevent fraying and ensure long-lasting use.
- You can easily machine wash the luxury designer pillows in a cold water cycle and tumble dry on low heat setting or line dried.
- King Rose presents this beautiful and luxurious 3D flower throw pillow cover.
- The pillow is a perfect decoration for your home and adds a touch of elegance to any room.
- Moreover, the velvet fabric has an elegant feel and look, while the faux wool flowers give it a soft texture that will make you want to snuggle up with it.
- The material is easy to wipe down if something spills and can hold up well after washing.
Index Table: Top-Rated Handmade Pillows
|1||Xizi Knotted - Handmade Throw Pillows||Xizi||99|
|2||JWH Rose Flower - designer pillows||JWH||98|
|3||Canary Road Customizable - Luxury Designer Pillows||Canary Road||98|
|4||TangDepot Cotton Canvas - Handmade Pillow Cases||TangDepot||97|
|5||King Rose 3D Flower - Fashion Designer Pillows||King Rose||97|