Growing old is inevitable for all of us, and unfortunately with age our body takes its toll and becomes a victim of wear and tear.
This in turn can cause many discomforts and pains and aches, which seems to particularly like to picture us during the evening when trying to sleep.
With this in mind, a good positioning pillow can provide much sought after stress relief and pain relief, along with a comfortable sleeping position to ease all your distresses.
The Function of a Positioning Pillow
The name of this pillow says it all. A positioning pillow has the main function of providing you with the best sleeping or sitting position to improve your posture, reduce pain and pressure, and improve relaxation and comfort.
Benefits of a Positioning Pillow for the Elderly
There are just so many benefits to a positioning pillow of every kind;
- A unique shape to comfort and support you into a more soothing and relaxing sleep.
- Can prevent bed sores and ulcers.
- Excellent as a rehabilitation aid after surgery or an injury.
- Great as comfort enhancing aid for sitting as well as lying down.
Neck and Body Pain
A positioning pillow can be placed under your head and shoulders, such as the Wedge Pillow, to relieve neck and shoulder pain, as well as to help with issues such as GERD and Acid reflux.
Sleeping on your tummy, particularly when you are older is not very healthy and can cause pain and stiffness. A positioning pillow can help with this regard to reduce strain and give you a more comfortable position to sleep on your tummy. The full body or pregnancy pillow is the [perfect choice for sleeping on your side or tummy.
The Knee Pillow
Mainly for individuals who suffer from back, knee, leg or hip pain, a pillow that is contoured and comfortably placed between the knees can provide much relief. The knee pillow likewise aids in correctly aligning your spine and reducing pressure on your legs, hips, and back.
Arm and Shoulder Positioning Pillows
In this case your full body pregnancy pillow will come in handy again, as you can place it under your arm or rest your arms on it for arm and shoulder pain relief.
Positioning Pillow Types for the Elderly
Here are a few Pillow Types that you can consider;
- The Wedge Pillow for your legs.
- The Knee Pillow for the back, hip and knee pain.
- The Wedge Pillow for your head, neck and shoulders, and GERD and Acid Reflux relief.
- The Full body pillow for multiple uses.
- The Lumbar Support Pillow or Half Moon Bolster.
- The Lumbaaarrr and lower back support flat Pillow
Reviews: The Best Elderly Positioning Pillows
The Bed Wedge Pillow is ideal for individuals who suffer from acid reflux, snoring, GERD and breathing issues. The Bed Wedge riser similarly promotes much better sleep and offer much needed support for your back, neck and shoulders.
- A high-density memory foam top with Cushy Form which contours to the shape of your body and works uniquely with your body heat.
- Offers exceptional back, shoulder and neck support, and will aid in preventing acid reflux and GERD, as well as improving breathing, and reducing snoring.
- The breathable and washable cover is soft and comfortable while helping to maintain temperatures that are ideal.
- Multi purpose function as a sitting aid when reading or watching television.
I have found that very little compares to the full body pregnancy pillow when it comes to pain-relieving comfort and support. The Queen Rose is not just ideal for pregnant women, but perfect for the elderly as a positioning pillow for sleeping and sitting, providing adjustable all over body support.
- A unique ergonomic design that follows the natural shape of your body that supports both your back and front.
- Offers excellent pain relief particularly for individuals with Arthritis, Sciatica; Fibromyalgia or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- This pillow will replace all your standard pillows and offer one solution for all.
- The Pure velvet cover is machine washable and available in different color options.
This pillow does and excellent job in relieving back pain, but is likewise exceptionally beneficial to improve circulation and reducing stress on your spine. An outstanding choice post surgery or injury to speed up the healing process, and great for swollen legs or Edema.
- A two-layered design with a top memory foam layer and a firm foam base for soft comfort and firm support.
- Aids in improving circulation and relieving back pain, by correctly aligning your spine.
- It is covered with a 400 thread count Egyptian cotton cover which is breathable and removable for washing.
- Cushioned comfort and relief that is ideal for the elderly.
A versatile supportive positioning pillow that can be placed under your lower back, under the knees, stomach, and ankles for pressure relief, as well as being suitable for back and side sleepers.
- Manufactured with premium medical grade memory foam filling and a cotton fiber cover.
- The ergonomic design will fit comfortably between your waist and keep your hips, legs and spine in perfect alignment to alleviate back, leg and hip pain.
- The premium memory foam will retain its shape while being hypoallergenic, antibacterial and dust mite resistant.
- Multi-functional capabilities this pillow can be placed anywhere for effective support and relief, for both back and side sleepers.
- Likewise, it is very effective as a pregnancy pillow.
The ComfiLife Knee positioning pillow is ideal to use if you suffer from back, hip or knee pain. This pillow is placed between your knees, particularly when side sleeping, and offers you the optimal alignment and pressure relief.
- An ergonomic design that fits comfortably between your knees for maximum support as well as Sciatica, Back, Hip and Leg pain relief.
- It is filled with premium high-density memory foam that will provide long-lasting comfort without going flat.
- The contoured design keeps your legs, hip, and spine in perfect alignment.
- A breathable and cooling cotton cover, that is easily machine washable.
There are many different types of positioning pillow available, each with a unique purpose and design. I have tried to pick a few that are more versatile and ideal for common issues faced by our senior today, such as back and hip pain, arthritis and circulatory issues.
Index Table: Top-Rated Positioning Pillows for Elderly
|1||Cushy Form Wedge - Positioning Pillow for The Elderly||Cushy Form||97|
|2||Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow - Full Body Pillow for the Elderly||Queen Rose||96|
|3||InteVision Ortho - Bed Wedge Pillow for the Elderly||InteVision||96|
|4||Sunnors Lumbar Support - Positioning Back Pillow for the Elderly||Sunnors||97|
|5||ComfiLife Orthopedic - Knee Positioning Pillow for Seniors||ComfiLife||98|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- The Function of a Positioning Pillow
- Benefits of a Positioning Pillow for the Elderly
- Positioning Pillow Types for the Elderly
- Reviews: The Best Elderly Positioning Pillows
- Cushy Form® Wedge Positioning Pillow for The Elderly
- Queen Rose® Pregnancy Pillow Full Body Pillow for the Elderly
- InteVision® Ortho Bed Wedge Pillow for the Elderly
- Sunnors® Lumbar Support Positioning Back Pillow for the Elderly
- ComfiLife® Orthopedic Knee Positioning Pillow for Seniors
- Index Table: Top-Rated Positioning Pillows for Elderly