Need a hypoallergenic pillow for yourself or a family member?
Read further for more information on what causes allergies.
Know what’s the best hypoallergenic materials are for pillows. As well as a brief look into some of the best features of hypoallergenic pillows.
What Causes Allergies?
When somebody is allergic to something, their body is reacting to an allergen. An allergen is any particle you come into contact with that causes an allergic reaction, such as pollen. When in contact with an allergen, the body creates antibodies in reaction to it.
These antibodies will then deliver a signal to cells to try to halt the progression of the allergen. The cells react in specific ways to this, such as dilation of blood vessels or other inflammatory compounds’ release. These reactions, in turn, lead to common allergic reactions.
The most common allergens are:
- Cleaning Agents
- Heavy Metals
Regarding pillows, common allergens are often ingredients used in the manufacturing process, which have been instilled into the pillows. Pillows that have been stuffed with down feathers are also common allergens. The most hypoallergenic pillows tend to be either organic or made using non-allergenic alternatives.
Best Materials of a Hypoallergenic Pillow
The below materials are the best for hypoallergenic pillows.
- Organic Cotton – Organic cotton is the best for those who are highly sensitive to chemicals. Pillows with organic cotton covers are readily sold and can improve the air quality you breathe.
- Silk – Silk is a very soft natural material that will allow your skin and hair to feel pampered in the mornings. This beautiful material has antimicrobial properties and lasts an incredibly long time.
- Bamboo – Bamboo is a more eco-friendly material, usually manufactured in safer ways and using fewer resources to make than other fibers. Bamboo is soft and breathable.
- Polyester – The polyester filling is a great alternative for those who are allergic to duck-down feather inners for their sleeping pillows.
Features of a Good Hypoallergenic Pillow
The below features are amongst the best for hypoallergenic pillows, aiding to extend their lifespan and improve comfort.
- Dust Mite Resistance – Dust mites can crawl into your pillow via the tiniest holes, including zipper teeth. A truly hypoallergenic pillow will have some form of dust mite resistance to prevent allergic reactions from bites and more.
- Machine Washable – A machine-washable pillow makes for easy laundering as well as a pillow that lasts a long time. Less hassle to keep the bedroom clean.
- Water Resistance – Some hypoallergenic pillows comes with water resistance, making them less susceptible to fluids split on them.
- Memory Foam – Memory foam is one of the best pillows in terms of adaptability. When you rest your head on memory foam, it makes an exact contour of your shape, giving your head and neck the perfect support.
- High Thread Count – A high thread count usually indicates quality. Thread count is the number of fibers used per square inch. The more threads, the better, unless the threads are too short and of poor quality. The best thread count range to opt for is somewhere between 300 and 600.
Reviews: Best Hypoallergenic Pillows
Have a look at some of the top hypoallergenic pillows available, and compare your favorites!
We hope you love the products we recommend!
Just so you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- This pillow is hypoallergenic inside and out, containing shredded memory foam as well as a blend of soft crystal velvet.
- Highly durable, the memory foam in this pillow will likely last you up to 10 years if you look after it well.
- The filling is adjustable, allowing you to put more foam in or take out as you desire.
- The pillow is certified to be free of chemicals, flame retardants, and other known toxic allergens.
- The cover is made of skin-friendly fleecy fabric, which is breathable and is machine washable.
- It comes inclusive with a long-term 5-year warranty for extra security.
- This pillow is made from a bamboo cover that houses shredded memory foam for one of the best nights sleep of your life!
- The pillow’s thickness is entirely adjustable – merely take the stuffing out or put it back in to perfect your height.
- The bamboo cover is zippered and machine washable, as well as being dust mite resistant.
- Sleep like a dream on this memory foam pillow, which is body adaptive and great for your posture.
- Free from many chemicals that sensitive individuals would be allergic to.
- Get this luxurious hypoallergenic pillow for better sleep. Additionally, it comes with a zippered cover for your convenience. You can quickly remove and protect your pillows from any staining or mess.
- This hypoallergenic pillow feels as soft as it looks, offering a high thread count at a low price.
- The fabric used to make this pillow is hypoallergenic, and the cover is also free of dyes, bleach, or finishing chemicals.
- Feel the difference with organic cotton and breathe easier when you sleep at night!
- This is a 3D Bamboo air pillowcase for a lightweight and breathable feel.
- It comes with a shredded memory foam filling for optimum comfort.
- The bamboo cover provides a cooling sensation and also includes 60% Polyester.
- It allows for a more customized feel with its zippered design.
- Rest easy on this hypoallergenic water base pillow for the best night’s sleep, which has been clinically proven to improve sleep in four ways.
- Reduces neck pain and upper back pain, allowing you to wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- On the inside of the pillow is a hypoallergenic gel fill that responds to your every movement to tailor your support.
- The pillow is adjustable to any firmness you require.
- Mediflow offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you do not feel satisfied with the pillow’s high quality.
The Xtreme Comforts Pillow features Hypoallergenic and Dust Mite resistant Memory foam, as well as a Hypoallergenic and moisture-wicking Bamboo Cover.
- Filled with premium shredded and Hypoallergenic Memory Foam.
- A firm and comfortable loft that will keep its shape.
- Dust mite and allergen-resistant design and materials.
- The Bamboo cover is likewise hypoallergenic and aids in wicking away moisture.
- Low profile and slim, ideal for stomach sleepers
This is a durable and Hypoallergenic comfort pillow from Coop Home goods that will last and keep its shape.
- It offers exceptional back support and keeps your posture well aligned.
- It is filled with Hypoallergenic and dust mite-resistant shredded memory foam.
- Easily washable and quick-drying design.
- It comes with a hypoallergenic cover that is breathable and cooling.
There is nothing more natural and Hypoallergenic than a Buckwheat Pillow. The company that manufactured this pillow specializes in the field of Buckwheat pillows.
- A cover with a zipper so that you can adjust the loft.
- It comes with additional Buckwheat hulls.
- Completely natural and allergy-resistant.
- Free from all chemicals, foam, and feathers that can cause allergies.
- Contours around your head and neck for optimal support.
The RejuveNite is a very durable and long-lasting natural Latex pillow with a hypoallergenic and dust mite-resistant cover.
- It is filled with the finest quality Asian latex.
- Dust mite resistant, mold, and mildew resistant, as well as hypoallergenic.
- Firm fill with shredded latex.
- Breathable and washable cover from Bamboo.
This is the ideal side and back sleeping pillow for individuals who have allergies.
- Available in different size options.
- It is filled with premium memory foam.
- Ergonomically contoured design for support and pain relief.
- Hypoallergenic materials and cover that is washable.
The Clara Clark is a hypoallergenic memory foam pillow with a cooling rayon cover.
- Fille with the finest quality shredded memory foam.
- It is covered with a cooling technology rayon cover.
- It reduces neck and back pain effectively.
- Hypoallergenic materials and non-toxic.
- This pillow is filled with 100% pure Shredded Organic Latex of the finest quality.
- Latex is naturally Hypoallergenic, and the shredded fill offers excellent adjustability.
- There is a double zipper closure design on the removable and washable pillowcase.
- Designed for optimal airflow and breathability.
- Available in three different size options to choose from.
- Filed with Gots certified organic cotton as well as an organic cotton cover.
- Cotton is naturally Hypoallergenic and safe.
- Soft and plush feel with a removable and washable cover.
- This is a quality fiber-filled pillow with a durable and breathable cover.
- The pillow is adjustable and contoured for optimal comfort with heat-resistant fiber.
- The material is completely Hypoallergenic and also helps to reduce and trap dust mites and allergens.
- Safe and Certi-Pur Certified with a Greenguard Gold certificate of approval.
- The pillow is made using memory foam to ensure comfort throughout the night.
- Additionally, the memory foam is designed to be cooling and supportive for the neck and shoulders.
- Moreover, you can customize the pillow by just taking out as much foam filling as you wish.
- Along with being hypoallergenic, the pillow is dust mite resistant for more safety.
- Also, the outer covering is breathable to let the airflow through it.
- Get better sleep at night with this breathable pillow which has down-like microfiber in it.
- The pillow is designed to stay well ventilated at night with open airflow.
- Additionally, it is plump enough to be soft yet provide adequate support to the neck, head, and shoulders.
- Even if you are allergic to down, you can still get comfortable with the alternative down pillows.
- Pick these expertly tailored pillows to ensure maximum comfort for any sleeping position.
- Also, the pillows are dust mite, mold, and mildew resistant. Hence, they are a perfect choice for those suffering from asthma or allergies.
- Additionally, the fiber that is used in the construction is gel-filled, which is cooling in nature.
- The pillows are machine-washable for easy maintenance and hygiene.
- The pillow has a shredded design to ensure support for the neck, back, and shoulders while you sleep.
- Additionally, the pillow has silky soft removable covers that are easy to wash in a washing machine.
- Also, the materials used in the construction are non-toxic and safe for expecting mothers and sensitive people.
- Moreover, the fabric is breathable even for hot sleepers to stay cool at night.
- The pillow cover is made with 40% Viscose Rayon and 60% Polyester.
- The fill is crafted with 80% shredded memory foam and 20% Polyester fiber and provides a comfortable sleep.
- It offers a removable filling for a more customized experience.
- The zippered cover is hypoallergenic and machine washable.
Index Table: Top Rated Hypoallergenic Pillows
Table of Contents
- What Causes Allergies?
- Best Materials of a Hypoallergenic Pillow
- Features of a Good Hypoallergenic Pillow
- Reviews: Best Hypoallergenic Pillows
- GOHOME® Shredded Foam Pillow Hypoallergenic Velvety Pillow
- Xtreme Comforts® Memory Foam Pillow Hypoallergenic Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
- COZSINOOR® Hypoallergenic Pillow Lux Hypoallergenic Pillow
- Favorland® Breathable Hypoallergenic Bed Pillow
- Mediflow® Waterbase Pillow Hypoallergenic Water Based Pillow
- Xtreme Comforts® SLIM Hypoallergenic Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- Coop Home Goods® Shredded Memory Foam Pressure Adjustable Orthopedic Pillow
- Hullo® Buckwheat Hull Pillow Organic Cotton Buckwheat Hull Pillow
- RejuveNite® Original Hypoallergenic Latex Pillow
- Mkicesky® Side Sleeper Hypoallergenic Pillow
- Clara Clark® Premium Hypoallergenic Pillow
- PureTree® Organic Hypoallergenic Latex Pillow
- Magnolia Organics® cotton Hypoallergenic Pillow
- C CUSHION LAB® Bamboo Natural Hypoallergenic Pillow
- Dream Rite® Bamboo Hypoallergenic Pillow
- Viewstar® Gusseted Hypoallergenic Pillow
- Beckham® Gel Plush Hypoallergenic Pillow
- KUNPENG® Shredded Firm Hypoallergenic Pillow
- WonderSleep® Dream Rite Hypoallergenic Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Hypoallergenic Pillows