One of the best pillows you can sleep on is an organic wool pillow. Read further down for more about why you should switch to an organic wool pillow, the best properties of organic wool, as well as a brief look at the best features of organic wool pillows.
Why Switch To An Organic Wool Pillow?
Organic pillows, such as organic wool pillows, are the best choice for those who suffer from allergies or sensitivities.
These sensitivities can range from skin irritation, rashes, breathing problems, asthma, sleep apnea, hair loss or a general weakened immune system. Usually, these symptoms are reactions to pesticides and other heavy metals and toxins which cause reactions in sensitive individuals.
Organic wool pillows are free from any toxins or potential skin irritants, making them hypoallergenic. The properties of wool are exceptional and will boost your health. Wool also feels incredible to sleep on and will allow you to get the deep rest you deserve without any of the side effects of other pillows.
Switching to organic wool pillows will boost the quality of life for you and your family. Wool pillows are especially suitable for cold climates where it snows. While they are well geared to the cold, wool is also very pleasant in the heat as it dries out quickly and keeps you cool.
Best Properties of Organic Wool
Wool has some amazing natural properties of its own that make it one of the best choices for pillow filling!
- Dust Mite Resistance – Wool is naturally dust mite resistant, meaning that it will repel dust mites and prevent them from infesting the pillow.
- Antibacterial – Wool has antimicrobial properties that allow it to keep free of many bacterial and fungal infections. This resistance allows the pillow to last for a much longer time.
- Hypoallergenic – Wool pillows are hypoallergenic and wool is generally not an allergen. Many sensitive people enjoy the soft, cozy feel of sleeping on a wool pillow.
- Moisture Wicking – Wool is naturally moisture wicking and keeps you dry, as it is very absorbent and dries out very quickly.
- Temperature Regulating – Wool pillows regulate temperature exceedingly well, making them ideal candidates for icy weather or extreme heat.
Best Features of Organic Wool Pillows
Organic wool pillows with the below features are of the best quality as well as being the most functional.
- Adjustable Height – Organic wool is often encased in a cover to form an organic wool pillow. If the covering has a zipper, it makes the wool pillow’s thickness adjustable by allowing your take out or put in more wool batting.
- Double Covering – Wool pillows need a second removable layer to allow you to keep them in good condition. With a removable cover, one can wash the cover without damaging the wool pillow inner.
- Machine Washable – Some wool pillows are entirely machine washable on gentle settings.
- Free From Toxins – Most wool pillows are 100% free from toxins such as pesticides, preservatives, petrochemicals and more.
- GOTS Certification – GOTS certification is one of the best assessment boards in the US for organic standards. If you see this on your pillow, it means that the pillow is chemical and GMO-free.
Reviews: Top Organic Wool Pillows
Have a look at our premium selection of organic wool pillow reviews below, bearing in mind that you can click your favorites to add to your cart.
- This organic wool pillow is filled with a spongy, shredded wool, perfect for those that enjoy using a soft pillow.
- The wool is certified GOTS organic, as well as the cotton cover that surrounds it and allows your skin to breathe.
- This pillow is ideal for stomach sleepers who require softer support or those who prefer a less firm pillow.
- The wool used inside prevent dust mites and bacteria, being naturally antimicrobial and odor resistant.
- Both of the materials used to craft the pillow allow for excellent moisture wicking, ensuring you remain cool all night long.
- Choose between a standard, a king or a queen size when ordering these premium wool batting stuffed pillows.
- The clusters of wool emulate down feathers, feeling softer and lighter than a feather and regulating your temperature better than one too.
- Entirely organic wool has been used with an organic cotton cover, providing you with a gentle night’s sleep.
- This pillow is machine washable if done with cold water and gentle organic detergents are used.
- Fully adjustable, you can decide how lofty you want it by removing stuffing or placing more inside the zippered cover.
- A full body pillow has many uses such as for maternity, side sleepers, sitting at the perfect height in bed and so much more.
- This full body pillow is stuffed with premium organic wool which is covered by a certified organic cotton cover.
- Suitable for those with allergies and even for children to rest on, as there are no harmful ingredients.
- The way this pillow is stuffed will conform to your unique body shape, allowing you to rest comfortably.
- Stay cool and fresh thanks to the wool’s moisture wicking ability and temperature regulating properties.
- If you are on a tight budget but need an organic pillow, then this cost effective organic wool pillow is an ideal option.
- This pillow is one you can sink into, as the wool is plush and of pure quality.
- Naturally dust mite resistant, the wool will protect you from both mites and bacterial infections.
- The cover is made from organic cotton, which is skin appropriate, moisture wicking and promotes deeper sleep.
- The wool used is resilient with a soft, fresh smell that permeates year round in any season.
- Offers medium firm head and neck support for side or back sleepers.
- This organic pillow is one of the best available, having an organic cotton pillow cover with an organic cotton covered pillow inner stuffed with organic wool.
- All the parts of the pillow are certified GOTS organic, meaning that they have no GMO, pesticides, they do not off-gas or contain artificial ingredients.
- These pillows are hypoallergenic, suitable for children, babies, and those with chemical sensitivities.
- You can remove the pillow cover and wash it with ease, unlike many other wool pillows.
- The inside of the pillow is adjustable with a zipper, which makes it easy to stuff the pillow to your needs.
Comparison Table: Best Organic Wool Pillows
|1||LifeKind Light Wool Pillow - Light Loft Organic Wool Pillow||LifeKind||97|
|2||Holy Lamb Organics Wool Batting Pillow - Premium Organic Wool Batting Stuffed Pillow||Holy Lamb Organics||95|
|3||LifeKind Wool Body Pillow - Plush Organic Wool Full Body Pillow||LifeKind||97|
|4||Organic Textiles Organic Wool Pillow - Organic Cotton Covered Wool Pillow||Organic Textiles||92|
|5||Mother Sheep Organics Handmade Wool Pillow - Adjustable Handmade Organic Wool Pillow||Mother Sheep Organics||98|
Table of Contents
- Why Switch To An Organic Wool Pillow?
- Best Properties of Organic Wool
- Best Features of Organic Wool Pillows
- Reviews: Top Organic Wool Pillows
- LifeKind Light Wool Pillow Light Loft Organic Wool Pillow
- Holy Lamb Organics Wool Batting Pillow Premium Organic Wool Batting Stuffed Pillow
- LifeKind Wool Body Pillow Plush Organic Wool Full Body Pillow
- Organic Textiles Organic Wool Pillow Organic Cotton Covered Wool Pillow
- Mother Sheep Organics Handmade Wool Pillow Adjustable Handmade Organic Wool Pillow
- Comparison Table: Best Organic Wool Pillows