Finding the ideal pillow that offers the best support and comfort is not an easy task in itself.
However, when you consider going the more natural route for something non-toxic and chemical-free, you are already one step ahead.
Avoiding synthetic and chemical-ridden materials is just so much healthier for you as a person, as well as much better for the environment in the long run.
Why Organic and Non-Toxic is Better
Going organic and toxin-free is ALWAYS the better option; there are just no two ways about that!
Just think about it, when you are sleeping on your synthetic chemical-ridden pillow, you are breathing in all those chemicals; they are coming into contact with your skin, your eyes, and your mouth. No picture that every night of your life for many years to come.
A Pillow is an investment in your health, comfort, and wellbeing, so making sure you have a pillow that is good for your health while offering the best-customized support for your needs is quite an important decision.
Then there are likewise, other reasons for going chemical-free;
- Chemical free – The cotton or Bamboo that the cover is made from is not treated with pesticides or other chemicals.
- Supportying Small Businesses – You are supporting organic farmers and small businesses, which in turn need your support much more than high-end retailers.
- Utilizing Natural Resouces – You are utilizing more natural resources for comfort and health.
- Excellent Quality – You can be sure that the products you are receiving are of the finest quality.
- Environmentally Friendly – Making your step forward in caring for the environment.
- Hypoallergenic – Most natural and organic materials and all chemical and non-toxic materials tend to be hypoallergenic and will not cause allergies and irritations.
What About Down and Feather Pillows
I love down and feather pillows; they are all-natural, non-toxic, and superbly comfortable.
Though the sourcing of these feathers for filling the pillows may not be as kosher or humane in all cases, the choice is up to you.
Just beware of allergies when it comes to feather or down pillows, opt for a double layer cotton cover, and look for the hypoallergenic notice in the description. Feather and down may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is one of the softest and most adjustable options that you may find.
Features of a Good Non-Toxic Pillow
A chemical-free natural pillow comes in a range of material options, here are just a few that you can consider;
- Cotton – Cotton, particularly in the cover of the pillow, make sure it is pure and organic
- kapok – Kapok, a nut fiber from rainforest trees.
- Latex – Shredded latex, a natural filler from the rubber tree.
- Wool – Wool, soft, and comfortable.
- feathers and Down – Down or feather fillings are generally non-toxic and safe, but may cause allergies..
- Buckwheat – Buckwheat filling, super adjustable and naturally cooling and breathable.
- Covers – Look for pure cotton or bamboo covers that are natural and toxin free.
Reviews: The Best Chemical free Pillow Brands
The Official Pillow from NapYou is one of the best pillows for sleeping on that features some excellent non-toxic construction. This pillow comes in a pack of two lush queen-sized pillows, ideal for sleeping comfortably on.
- Filled with non-toxic shredded memory foam that is fully adjustable.
- The cover is made from 100% pure organic cotton that is breathable and cool against the skin while being hypoallergenic.
- An ideal pillow for side, neck, and back sleepers that offers exceptional neck and back support.
- The cover is super soft, and you can remove it for washing.
- This pillow is completely free from flame retardants, phthalates, heavy metals, and other hazardous chemicals.
- An all-natural CertiPur accredited pillow that is as comfortable as it is durable.
For something extra plush and snuggly, the Snuggle-Pedic Ultra Luxury is yet another great option in non-toxic pillows, with an adjustable fit.
- Filled with shredded combination memory foam that is extra breathable and fully adjustable.
- The cool and comfortable bamboo cover is completely breathable and fully machine washable.
- This pillow is entirely hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
- Likewise, CertiPur certified without any flame retardants or chemicals.
I simply love the PureTree Latex pillow; it is completely natural and organic with absolutely no chemicals and synthetics whatsoever.
- Filled with shredded latex foam that is an organic substance from the rubber tree.
- Latex is very resilient, hypoallergenic, and offers support similar to that of memory foam.
- The Cotton lining is manufactured from 100% pure organic cotton that is breathable, non-allergenic, and has a cooling effect.
- A double, hidden zipper allows you to adjust the fill of your pillow to your specific requirements.
- This pillow has a unique design to allow for maximum airflow during the night.
Another excellent organic option. The Organic Textile Cotton Pillow is as much safe and chemical-free as it is comfortable and supportive.
- Completely hypoallergenic and chemical-free, with no dye or pesticides found in the materials.
- Manufactured from pure organic cotton that is cool and breathable, as well as good for your skin.
- This pillow has a medium fill, which is the ideal fill for the right amount of comfort and support.
Zen Chi is another one of my favorites. It is a buckwheat-filled pillow, which is similarly an excellent, more natural, and hazardous chemical-free option.
- Filled with organically grown buckwheat hulls, which allow for better air circulation, offering superb cooling comfort.
- This pillow will naturally adjust to your ideal position of sleeping while giving the best support to your neck, head, and shoulders.
- Refillable so that you can adjust the firmness of your pillow.
- It comes with a washable pure organic cotton cover.
Latex is the new memory foam, a natural substance with similar qualities. The All-Natural Latex Pillow offers you an all-natural, non-toxic, and totally chemical-free option, with a medium-firm consistency.
- Filled with all-natural latex that offers exceptional comfort and support for a good night’s rest.
- Resilience is one of the top qualities of latex, such as strong material that is also dust mite and mold resistant.
- This is one of the most hypoallergenic pillows that are available.
- The cotton pillow cover provides just the right amount of airflow for your pillow to be able to breathe and keep cool.
A Buckwheat pillow is a perfect choice if you are looking for a no chemical and toxin-free pillow. I would highly recommend the completely natural ComfySleep Buckwheat Pillow.
- Handmade and organically grown Buckwheat filling.
- Completely Toxin and Chemical Free.
- Hypoallergenic and excellent for individuals with allergies.
- The Loft is adjustable, and there are extra Hulls included if you want a firmer pillow.
Memory foam and Bamboo are two natural elements that offer a safer sleeping option. The Xtreme Comfort pillow is non-toxic and completely chemical-free.
The Xtreme Comforts Bamboo Pillow has a quality Memory foam fill and features exceptional cooling technology, which allows for better ventilation and breathing properties.
- A fully adjustable pillow filled with Hypoallergenic and toxin-free memory foam.
- You can add and remove fill with the zipper closure for adjustability.
- Contoured design for better support and alignment.
- The Cooling Gel offers better temperature control and prevents overheating.
- A Bamboo Cover, that is Hypoallergenic and moisture-wicking.
This is the most sought-after non-toxic and hypoallergenic alternative feather pillow that feels just like a feather pillow without the toxins and allergies.
- Comes in a plush queen size.
- It is filled with Hypoallergenic and toxin-free filling that is Certified by OEKO-TEX.
- Medium height for comfort and support in all sleeping positions.
- Very high quality and double stitching with a washable cover.
- Completely chemical and allergen-free.
Latex is a naturally derived material that is non-toxic and safe.
- Filled with high-quality Latex from Asia that is completely natural.
- Non-Toxic materials and no harmful substances are used.
- A Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant mold and mildew resistant cover and filler.
- Long-lasting materials and construction.
- Filled with premium non-toxic CertiPUR-certified memory foam.
- Ergonomic support design.
- Soft and breathable materials.
- All-natural bamboo pillowcase.
A pure and natural organic pillow that is chemical and allergen-free.
- Filled with GOTS certified organic Latex that is shredded for comfort.
- An organic cotton cover that is also certified.
- Soft cooling design.
- Shredded latex is modlable and adjustable.
- A 100% pure organic cotton-filled pillow with a cotton pillowcase.
- Breathable and soft to sleep on.
- Completely non-toxic and chemical-free.
- Available in different size slections.
- A GOTS Certified Organic Latex Filled pillow.
- Gots Certified Organic cotton Cover that is soft and breathable.
- Completely Chemical and synthetic-free.
- The Cover is Removable and Machine washable.
- Available in different size options.
- Organic cotton pillow, available in different size options.
- It is filled with 100% pure organic cotton as well as a cotton cover.
- Free of all chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Soft and comfortable to sleep on.
In the End
There is nothing that beats sleeping soundly, knowing that you are healthy, with no irritants or chemicals coming into contact with your skin.
Chemicals are a huge concern today, so why not try to avoid them as far as you can, for your health, as well as the sake of the environment!
Index Table: Top Rated Non-Toxic Pillows
|1||DreamNorth Official - Non-Toxic Centipur Pillow||DreamNorth||96.4|
|2||Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo - Natural Adjustable Pillow||Snuggle-Pedic||98|
|3||Sleep Artisan latex - Natural Shredded Latex Pillow||Sleep Artisan||98|
|4||Organic Textile Cotton - Non-Toxic Standard Pillow||Organic Textile||97|
|5||Zen Chi Organic Queen - Natural Buckwheat Pillow||Zen Chi||97|
|6||All Natural Latex - Organic Non-Toxic Pillow||All Natural||96|
|7||ComfySleep Buckwheat Pillow - Chemical-Free Buckwheat Pillow||ComfySleep||97|
|8||Xtreme Comforts Hypoallergenic - Bamboo and Memory Foam Toxin Free||Xtreme Comforts||98|
|9||5 Stars United Queen - Non-Toxic Pillow||5 Stars United||97|
|10||RejuveNite Original - Non-Toxic Latex Pillow||RejuveNite||97|
|11||Clara Clark Hypoallergenic - Non-toxic Pillow||Clara Clark||97|
|12||Organic Textiles Organic - Natural Non-Toxic Pillow||Organic Textiles||97|
|13||Organic Textiles Medium Filled - Non-Toxic cotton Pillow||Organic Textiles||96|
|14||Pure Tree Organic - Non-=Toxic Latex Pillow||Pure Tree||98|
|15||Magnolia Cotton - Non-Toxic Pillow||Magnolia||97|
Table of Contents
- Why Organic and Non-Toxic is Better
- What About Down and Feather Pillows
- Features of a Good Non-Toxic Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Chemical free Pillow Brands
- DreamNorth® Official Non-Toxic Centipur Pillow
- Snuggle-Pedic® Bamboo Natural Adjustable Pillow
- Sleep Artisan® latex Natural Shredded Latex Pillow
- Organic Textile® Cotton Non-Toxic Standard Pillow
- Zen Chi® Organic Queen Natural Buckwheat Pillow
- All Natural® Latex Organic Non-Toxic Pillow
- ComfySleep® Buckwheat Pillow Chemical-Free Buckwheat Pillow
- Xtreme Comforts® Hypoallergenic Bamboo and Memory Foam Toxin Free
- 5 Stars United® Queen Non-Toxic Pillow
- RejuveNite® Original Non-Toxic Latex Pillow
- Clara Clark® Hypoallergenic Non-toxic Pillow
- Organic Textiles® Organic Natural Non-Toxic Pillow
- Organic Textiles® Medium Filled Non-Toxic cotton Pillow
- Pure Tree® Organic Non-=Toxic Latex Pillow
- Magnolia® Cotton Non-Toxic Pillow
- In the End
- Index Table: Top Rated Non-Toxic Pillows