Trying to find the ideal pillow that offers the best support and comfort is not an easy task in itself. However, when you consider going the more natural route, for something that is non-toxic and chemical free, you are already one step ahead.
Avoiding synthetic and chemical ridden materials is just so much healthier for you as a person, as well as much better for the environment in the long run.
Why Organic is Better
Going organic and toxin free is ALWAYS the better option, there are just no two ways about that!
Just think about it, when you are sleeping on your synthetic chemical ridden pillow, you are breathing in all those chemicals, they are coming into contact with your skin, your eyes, and your mouth. No picture that every night of your life for many years to come.
A Pillow is an investment in your health, comfort, and wellbeing, so making sure you having a pillow that is good for your health while offering the best-customized support for your needs is quite an important decision.
Then there are likewise, other reasons for going chemical free;
- The cotton that the cover is made from is not treated with pesticides or other chemicals.
- You are supporting organic farmers and small businesses, which in turn need your support much more than high-end retailers.
- You are utilizing more natural resources for comfort and health.
- You can be sure that the products you are receiving are of the finest quality.
- Making your step forward in caring for the environment.
What About Down and Feather Pillows
I love down and feather pillows, they are all natural, non-toxic and superbly comfortable.
Though the sourcing of these feathers for filling the pillows may not be as kosher or humane in all cases, the choice is up to you.
Just beware of allergies when it comes to feather or down pillows, opt for a double layer cotton cover, and look for the hypoallergenic notice in the description. feather and down may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is one of the softest and most adjustable options that you may find.
What to Look for In a Non-Toxic Pillow
A chemical-free natural pillow comes in a range of material options, here are just a few that you can consider;
- Cotton, particularly in the cover of the pillow, make sure it is pure and organic
- Kapok, a nut fiber from rainforest trees.
- Shredded latex, a natural filler from the rubber tree.
- Wool, soft and comfortable.
- Down or feather filling.
- Buckwheat filling, super adjustable and naturally cooling and breathable.
Reviews:The Best Chemical free Pillow Brands
The Official Pillow from NapYou is one of the best pillows for sleeping on, that features some excellent non-toxic construction. This pillow comes in a pack of two lush queen-sized pillows, ideal for sleeping comfortably on.
- Filled with non-toxic shredded memory foam that is fully adjustable.
- The cover is made from 100% pure organic cotton that is breathable and cool against the skin, while similarly being hypoallergenic.
- An ideal pillow for side, neck and back sleepers that offers exceptional neck and back support.
- The cover is super soft, and you can remove it for washing.
- This pillow is completely free from flame retardants, phthalates, heavy metals, and other hazardous chemicals.
- An all-natural CertiPur accredited pillow that is as comfortable as it is durable.
For something extra plush and snuggly, the Snuggle-Pedic Ultra Luxury is yet another great option in non-toxic pillows, with an adjustable fit.
- Filled with shredded combination memory foam that is extra breathable and fully adjustable.
- The cool and comfortable bamboo cover is completely breathable and fully machine washable.
- This pillow is entirely hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
- Likewise, CertiPur certified without any flame retardants or chemicals.
I simply love the PureTree GOLS certified pillow, it is completely natural and organic with absolutely no chemicals and synthetics whatsoever.
- Filled with shredded latex foam that is an organic substance from the rubber tree.
- Latex is very resilient, hypoallergenic and offers support similar to that of memory foam.
- The Cotton lining is manufactured from 100% pure organic cotton that is breathable, non-allergenic and has a cooling effect.
- A double, hidden zipper allows you to adjust the fill of your pillow to your specific requirements.
- This pillow has a unique design to allow for maximum airflow during the night.
Another excellent organic option. The Organic Textile Cotton Pillow is as much safe and chemical free as it is comfortable and supportive.
- Completely hypoallergenic and chemical free, with no dye or pesticides found in the materials.
- Manufactured from pure organic cotton that is cool and breathable, as well as good for your skin.
- This pillow has a medium fill which is the ideal fill for the right amount of comfort and support.
Zen Chi is another one of my favorites. It is a buckwheat-filled pillow, which is similarly an excellent more natural and hazardous chemical free option.
- Filled with organically grown buckwheat hulls which allow for better air circulation, offering superb cooling comfort.
- This pillow will naturally adjust to your ideal position of sleeping, while giving the best support to your neck, head, and shoulders.
- Refillable so that you can adjust the firmness of your pillow.
- Comes with a washable pure organic cotton cover.
Latex is the new memory foam, a natural substance with similar qualities. The All Natural Latex Pillow offers you an all-natural non-toxic and totally chemical free option, with a medium-firm consistency.
- Filled with all natural latex that offers exceptional comfort and support for a good night’s rest.
- Resilience is one of the top qualities of latex, being such as strong material, that, and also being dust mite and mold resistant.
- This is one of the most hypoallergenic pillows that are available.
- The cotton pillow cover provides just the right amount of air flow for your pillow to be able to breathe and keep cool.
In the EndThere is nothing that beats sleeping soundly knowing that you are healthy, with no irritants or chemicals coming into contact with your skin.
Chemicals are a huge concern today, so why not try to avoid them as far as you can, for your health, as well as the sake of the environment!
Index Table: Best Non-Toxic Pillows
|1||NapYou Official - Non-Toxic Centipur Pillow||NapYou||96|
|2||Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo - Natural Adjustable Pillow||Snuggle-Pedic||98|
|3||PureTree GOLS Certified Organic - Natural Shredded Latex Pillow||PureTree||98|
|4||Organic Textile Cotton - Non-Toxic Standard Pillow||Organic Textile||97|
|5||Zen Chi Organic Queen - Natural Buckwheat Pillow||Zen Chi||97|
|6||All Natural Latex - Organic Non-Toxic Pillow||All Natural||96|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Why Organic is Better
- What About Down and Feather Pillows
- What to Look for In a Non-Toxic Pillow
- Reviews:The Best Chemical free Pillow Brands
- NapYou® Official Non-Toxic Centipur Pillow
- Snuggle-Pedic® Bamboo Natural Adjustable Pillow
- PureTree® GOLS Certified Organic Natural Shredded Latex Pillow
- Organic Textile® Cotton Non-Toxic Standard Pillow
- Zen Chi® Organic Queen Natural Buckwheat Pillow
- All Natural® Latex Organic Non-Toxic Pillow
- In the End
- Index Table: Best Non-Toxic Pillows