Latex is a fantastic innovation in orthopedic pillow technology and provides unmatched support, comfort, and durability to any pillow design.
Contoured or not, latex pillows can help to remedy many sleeping position problems and discomforts.
What is Latex?
Latex is a material which is extracted from the rubber tree and has characteristics of being supportive as well as soft. In the process of refining rubber into latex, not many additives or chemicals are added, and so latex is often labeled as a more natural material for use in many goods.
The orthopedic pillow industry has taken to using latex in their designs. Latex has added extra durability, functionality, and comfort to these specialized medical pillows, enhancing the quality of the lives of many individuals. They tend to make the firmest of all back pillows and especially neck pillows, providing the highest amount of support possible.
Latex also comes in the form of latex foam and shredded latex foam, which is a more comfortable option if your neck and back are feeling tender or swollen. Also a more sterile and hygienic option, latex is dust mite resistant and does not allow for mold to grow.
Benefits of Using Latex Pillows to Aid Back and Neck Pain
Latex is the firmest of the materials used in pillow technology. This is the most conducive to proper posture, back and neck support and to align the spinal column straight. In many cases, the right support for your spine can aid back conditions and remedy back and neck pain.
Alleviating pressure off your spine while you sleep at night will help you to sleep deeply and rest properly. This is the main benefit of using latex pillows for sleeping and relief from neck and back discomfort. Your immune system will be able to repair itself and help to aid any other symptoms better. This could result in waking up and feeling like a new you!
Sleeping with the correct posture does not just help prevent or entirely remove back and neck pain – it also helps you to breath more efficiently and takes in more oxygen. This, in turn, improves your blood flow throughout your entire body and can thus remedy pain in the joints by removing any toxic build-up faster.
What Latex Pillow Is the Best for my sleeping position?
Talalay is a conventional latex manufacturing method in which latex is molded into a shape, using a liquid latex base that solidifies after being processed. Any latex pillow made using this approach has been molded to a particular shape and are likely to be more therapeutic for you.
If you are a back sleeper, the best latex pillows will be ones that are ergonomically designed to hold your neck completely straight when on your back. Your chin and your forehead should be at equal heights for your spine to be 100% in perfect alignment. An under the knee latex pillow can also prove to be useful if you have swelling or discomfort in any of your joints.
If you are a side sleeper, you will probably have troubles with neck and shoulder pain, sometimes even back and hip pain. A side sleeper’s latex pillow may resolve this issue. You will need enough leverage to ensure your neck and spine are straight. Take the size of your shoulders into consideration and get a latex pillow at the height you need.
If you are a stomach sleeper, you will need a pillow that supports your neck, shoulders and helps not to cut off blood circulation in your arms. Some neck pillows are suitable for this. You can also try to place two neck pillows together and line your arm between them with a comfortable bed pillow on top.
Reviews: The Top Latex Pillows
Latex Pillows are one of the most popular and latest designs in pillow manufacturing. Latex Pillows provide exceptional support and comfort along with many other unique and innovative features.
We have reviewed and listed some of the best brands of Latex Pillows with the most comfortable designs;
The Malouf Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow pillow has an incredibly thick and plush density that is ideal for side and stomach sleepers who suffer from neck and back pain.
- Made with the Talalay method and designed with perforations to ensure a sweat free sleep.
- Reduce your aches and pains while indulging in a good night sleep with this latex neck pillow.
- Sensual velor cover is removable and can be conveniently cleaned in the washing machine.
- Naturally anti-microbial, antibacterial, dust mite free and anti-fungal.
- Available in Queen size, King size, and standard size.
The Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Firm Latex Sleeping Pillow optimal sleeping pillow for a side, back and stomach sleepers, providing enough leverage and neck support.
- The foam produced from the Talalay method is 100% breathable and won’t give you hot flashes during the night.
- Latex foam is a very firm and soft material, conducive to supporting your back and cervix.
- The gray or white cover is made from eco-friendly bamboo fibers and is fully removable, plus machine washable.
- The product comes in king or queen sizes.
- This latex will keep its shape for years to come and has a high level of durability.
The Hypnotists Talalay Natural Latex Contour Pillow is produced from Thai rubber trees, the latex used in this pillow is more natural than other materials.
- The Talalay process ensures that the foam is breathable and disperses body heat evenly.
- Comes in both a plain rectangular shape or a contoured shape, allowing you to decide the best option for sleeping on your back or side.
- This contour pillow holds its shape remarkably well and adjusts when you shift your position throughout the night.
- The ergonomic curvature in this pillow provides the right support for the neck, head, back and shoulders for a comfortable nights rest.
The Syntry Neck Therapy Pillow Contour Pillow is specially designed not to lose its plush shape, this pillow will never go flat on you and will last for years to come.
- This pillow is 100% hypoallergenic and provides resistance against bacteria, microbes, mold, dust mites and more!
- Made from natural latex using the Talalay method.
- Promotes a great nights sleep in any sleeping position by keeping the spine straight and holding your exact shape when you sleep on it.
- Get a full nights sleep and wake up pain-free the next day after supporting your posture with this contour pillow.
The Ventry Latex Memory Foam Sleep and Massage Pillow has a uniquely contoured surface which supports your exact head and neck shape.
- Ideal for insomniacs with back discomfort or ailments at night or side sleepers and back sleepers with neck or back pain.
- This pillow will never overheat in the night, as it is made to allow your skin to breath with perforations.
- Luxurious memory foam will hold your exact shape and maintain the best possible posture in all sleeping positions.
- Comes in three different forms, the contour pillow, the standard shape, and the heart pillow.
- Hypoallergenic and ideal for people who are highly sensitive to pollutants.
The Slim Sleeper Natural Latex Foam Pillow is a very slim pillow that can lace your bed pillow or work as a fantastic stomach sleepers pillow.
- Manufactured for improved ventilation and breathability.
- It comes with a cotton cover inclusive.
- Pillow filling will fit inside most standard pillow cases.
- This will not harm people with allergies and is hygienically antibacterial, dust mite resistant, anti-fungal and anti-microbial.
- Very supportive pillow that imparts unmatched softness and comfort.
- Can help to aid acid reflux in stomach sleepers.
Index Table: Best Latex Pillows
|1||MALOUF Talalay - Latex Zoned Pillow||MALOUF||95|
|2||Brooklyn Bedding Talalay - Firm Latex Sleeping Pillow||Brooklyn Bedding||95|
|4||Syntry Neck Therapy - Contour Latex Pillow||Syntry||92|
|5||Ventry Memory Foam - Latex Sleep and Massage Pillow||Ventry||96|
|6||DC Labs Slim Sleeper - Natural Latex Foam Pillow||DC Labs||95|
Table of Contents
- What is Latex?
- Benefits of Using Latex Pillows to Aid Back and Neck Pain
- What Latex Pillow Is the Best for my sleeping position?
- Reviews: The Top Latex Pillows
- MALOUF Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow
- Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Firm Latex Sleeping Pillow
- Hypnotists Talalay Natural Latex Contour Pillow
- Syntry Neck Therapy Contour Latex Pillow
- DC Labs Slim Sleeper Natural Latex Foam Pillow
- Index Table: Best Latex Pillows