If you are looking for a more natural pillow with a soft and down like feel, then I would recommend the Kapok Filled Pillow. Kapok is a natural and vegan friendly Filling which is similar to down feathers, without the risk of allergies or cruelty related to sustaining feathers and down.
The Organic Kapok Pillow
Ther is nothing more plush, comfortable and natural than an organic Kapok Pillow.
You can enjoy the comfort of a soft and moldable loft that is similar to that of down feathers, vegan style with all natural organic kapok.
Kapok is a fiber that originates from the seed pod fluff of a rainforest cotton tree which is known as the Ceiba tree, or the Silk or Cotton tree. These Pods are harvested from the tree without damaging or harming the tree and the very buoyant fluff from these pods are used as a loft for pillows, jackets and many other products.
Kapok offers a medium to a firm loft and exceptional support that is buoyant and moldable. A pillow stuffed with kapok is similar to a standard [pillow, with different sized lofts, they can be fluffed and retain their shape very well. Kapok is likewise natural, hypoallergenic and very safe.
Why Choose Organic Kapok
Who knows, you might even like Kapok more that fether or down pillow fillings, as it is not just similar, but much better;
- Lightweight – Kapok is very lightweight and comfortable to sleep on and adjust during the night.
Adjustable Loft – You can easily adjust the loft of your pillow with kapok to get a soft, firm or medium feel.
Hypoallergenic – Kapok is almost completely allergy free, that’s what makes it so much better than down or feathers, and there are no chemicals or synthetic materials involved such as with down alternatives in general.
Environmentally Freinedly – Kapok is harvested sustainably from the seed Pods of their trees without having to harm or remove the tree. Then there is also the factor of down and feathers which in most cases is very cruel to these animals. So in general kapok is a safe, environmentally friendly and anti-cruelty option.
Plush – Kapok is one of your softest and most plush and comfortable fillings if you are looking for a cuddly and luxurious pillow fill.
Breathable – The fibers of the Kapok allow for better ventilation and breathability.
Mold and Mildew Resistant – Kapok is resistant to mold and mildew.
Features of a Good Organic Kapok Pillow
- Certified Organic – Make sure that your pillow is certified organic and natural, look for GOTS or OTCO certification standards.
Loft – You can choose between a firm, soft or medium loft. Most kapok Pillows are refillable and adjustable, and you can purchase the Kapok online or from the store that you bought your pillow from.
Refillable – Check for options for refills sold separately for your pillow online or the store that you bought the pillow from.
Cover – Make sure the cover is durable and washable, natural covers such as bamboo or cotton are advised, usually the pillow case will be made from a 300 to 500 thread count organic natural cotton.
Durability – All in all good quality and a durable design is desirable, most Organic Kapok pillows are handmade and sewn by individuals and not machines for better quality.
Safe – Organic Kapok pillows are made from pure organic, and vegan materials with no chemicals, animal derivatives or harsh toxins used n the manufacturing process.
Reviews: The Best Organic Kapok Pillows
Some of the Best available Organic Kapok Filled Pillows
A gorgeous and comfortable handmade pillow from Skinny Pillow filled with premium grade organic Kapok.
- Available in a standard, queen or king size option to choose from.
- Handmade to perfection in New Jersey.
- No synthetics or animal derivatives, completely natural and organic.
- Comes with a breathable organic cotton cover that aids in keeping dampness out.
The Bean Products Organic Kapok Pillow comes with the option of a natural or white organic cotton pillowcase, as well as many size and shape variations for you to choose from.
- A 500 thread count 100% organic cotton sateen finish cover available in a natural or white option.
- Filled with 100% all natural and pure Organic Kapok.
- Made in the USA.
- A very lightweight and silky soft pillow that offers superb support.
- Completely hypoallergenic and chemical and cruelty free construction.
- Comes in standard, queen, King, Japanese or toddler size, as well as a neck roll or travel sized option.
From Magnolia Organics we have the 100% nati=ural organic Kapok filled, and cotton covered pillow that is GOTS certified for purity.
- Completely hypoallergenic design and materials used.
- 100% natural and organic Kapok fill and an organic cotton cover.
- Hand made with love in Connecticut.
- Features a GOTS Certification for pure and safe materials.
- Available n a standard, queen or king size selection.
The Naturepedic Organic Kapok pillow for toddlers is the perfect size for younger children, as well as for traveling.
- Covered in a 300thread count organic cotton, cover with a luxury sateen finish.
- The filling consists of a 50/50 blend of organic cotton and kapok fibers to get the perfect loft.
- A lower profile and smaller pillow which is perfect for children, toddlers, and even for traveling.
- OTCO and GOTS certified organic and non-toxic materials and construction.
Yet another superb addition from Bean Organics is their Organic Kapok fill, should you need some extra loft or replacement fill for your Kapok pillow.
- This is a 100% certified organic Kapok Filling harvested from the Tropical Kapok tree.
- Choose the amount filling that you need, 1lbs, 2lbs, 5lbs, or 20lbs.
- Can be used as replacement filling for nay organic Kapok pillow or as an additional filling for a firmer or higher loft.
- Very light and fluffy and free from any toxins, chemicals, preservatives or animal derivatives.
One of the top sellers and most sought after brands in Organic Kapok pillows are the Everpillow from Infinitemoon.
- This pillow is specifically designed for side and back sleepers with a unique and supportive curve.
- Fully adjustable and customizable by removing or adding fill for the perfect loft and height profile.
- A naturally breathable and cooling design without the Gels and chemicals.
- Made from all natural materials with 100% certified organic Kapok for the filling and an organic cotton cover.
- Handmade in Colorado USA and comes with a 100day risk free trial.
- Kapok is naturally satiny soft and the cotton cover helps to keep moisture out
Index Table: Top Rated Organic Kapok Pillows
|1||SkinnyPillow Handmade - Organic Kapok Pillow||SkinnyPillow||97|
|2||Bean Products Standard - Organic Kapok Pillow and Pillow Case||Bean Products||98|
|3||Magnolia Organics Hypoallergenic - Organic Kapok Pillow||Magnolia Organics||98|
|4||Naturepedic Toddler - Organic Kapok Pillow for Kids||Naturepedic||96|
|5||Bean Organics Filling - Organic Kapok Pillow FILL||Bean Organics||98|
|6||Infinitemoon Everpillow - Organic Kapok Pillow||Infinitemoon||99|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- The Organic Kapok Pillow
- Why Choose Organic Kapok
- Features of a Good Organic Kapok Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Organic Kapok Pillows
- SkinnyPillow® Handmade Organic Kapok Pillow
- Bean Products® Standard Organic Kapok Pillow and Pillow Case
- Magnolia Organics® Hypoallergenic Organic Kapok Pillow
- Naturepedic® Toddler Organic Kapok Pillow for Kids
- Bean Organics® Filling Organic Kapok Pillow FILL
- Infinitemoon® Everpillow Organic Kapok Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Organic Kapok Pillows