Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Sequins, you have seen it on everything from purses to clothes, curtains, shoes, so why not on your favorite decorative Pillow?
This article aims to dig into sequin pillows’ fun and mystical world purely for decoration and their amusing qualities.
Uses for Sequin Pillows
So sequins, those small shiny round plastic objects stitched onto items that give them a shiny, glittery, and almost scale-like quality, have taken the world by storm.
You get regular sequins and what we know as reversible sequins, where the solid color changes to an image just by swiping the sequins in the opposite direction. Then we also get mermaid effect sequins that change from a single to a varied color similar to a mermaid’s tail.
But why would you purchase a sequins pillow in the first place?
- Decorative in Your Home – Sequin scatter and other types of pillows can make for a fantastic decorative and eye-catching item in your home, in the living room, bedroom, and even other areas. It is a lovely and vibrant design that is striking and bold.
- Children’s Room – Children love sequin pillows as décor for their rooms. You get so many fun shapes and designs in sequin pillows for children that come in multiple colors and reversible designs, which they love.
- Special Occasion – You could use sequin pillows for special occasions and events as part of your décor. They are ideal for themed parties, weddings, and even birthday parties.
- Gift – A themed, or character-shaped, even a regular sequin pillow can make for an exceptional gift. Then you get a design that we have added that you can personalize with your picture or print to give as a gift.
- Not for Sleeping or Functional Use – Remember that you should not try to sleep or sit on sequin pillows, as this will damage them and cause the sequins to come off, not to mention they are uncomfortable. Sequin pillows are generally for decor only.
How to Clean and Maintain Your Sequin Pillows
Then again, when you have a sequin pillow, you might need to clean it every once and a while, or it might be spilled on, so here are a few tips for cleaning and maintaining your sequin pillow;
- Hand Washing – Gently hand washing your sequin pillow or cover will be the safest option. You can leave it soaked in lukewarm soapy water and gently rub it to remove stains. Then rinse properly and hang to dry.
- Machine Wash – Please check the directions on your sequin pillow before attempting Machine washing to make sure. Most sequin pillows or covers can be washed in a machine on delicate settings and if turned inside out.
- Drying – You will have to air dry your sequin pillowcase or Pillow, and it can never be placed inside a dryer.
- Repairs – You can easily use a very thin thread and a needle to stitch loose sequins back onto the fabric in a similar fashion that the rest of the sequins are stitched on. Remember to re-stitch sequins as soon as they become loose. Otherwise, they will fall off and be lost.
- Treating Stains – Use some dishwashing liquid and cold water and spot clean stains with a cotton bud or swab to reach the base of the fabric and then remove with a paper towel.
- Ironing the Cover – Never iron anything with sequins. It will be a disaster. You can hover turn the pillowcase inside with sequins facing inward, use a pressing cloth, and press it on low heat. Or you can hang a wrinkled sequin pillowcase in a steamy bathroom for 30 minutes to get the wrinkles out.
Features of a Good Sequin Pillow
- Cover – Most sequin pillows will come with a removable pillow cover which is more ideal. The cover will consist of either cotton or polyester fabric with sequins stitched on to the fabric, and a zip or button closure.
- Colors – Sequin pillows come in many color and print options from which you can choose, as well as different shapes, and even as plush characters and toys.
- Fill – The fill will usually be a soft foam or polyester, microfiber, or Styrofoam.
- Size – Sequin pillows also come in a variety of sizes; however they are novelty pillows so the sizes vary from very small to medium and extra-large.
- Design – You get sequin pillow with a single layer of sequins in a single color, mermaid colors, rainbow colors or prints. Then you also get the reversible sequins that you swipe to reveal a different picture or color.
Reviews: The Best Sequin Pillows
These are some of the top available designs in fun and extravagant sequin pillows of all kinds;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- From isCream, we have an adorable Unicorn sequin pillow.
- The sequins are reversible and change color for fun.
- The Pillow has a sweet unicorn design and consists of polyester.
- The Play tailor is a mermaid design sequin pillow.
- It is a reversible design that changes color.
- The Pillow comes in a heart shape, and more metallic color options are available.
- It is also the ideal shape for your home.
- The Saro Lifestyle sequin pillow us a heart-shaped design.
- It is a champagne color with a single layer of sequins.
- Ideal as a gift for a loved one.
- The Pillow should be dry cleaned ideally.
- Here we have a novelty-style sequin pillow with fun characters on it.
- It has a mermaid design and reversible sequins.
- You can also choose from a few available fun options.
- The Pillow is the ideal throw pillow size.
- This is a custom design sequin pillow.
- The sequins are reversible to reveal your picture when you swipe over them.
- It is customized according to the picture that you provided.
- The Pillow has fully reversible sequins and a soft suede fabric cover.
- The MHJY sequin pillows are 16 by 16-inch mermaid design pillows.
- The sequins are fully reversible when you swipe over them and change colors.
- The cover is a soft suede with stitched-on sequins.
- The perfect gift for everyone.
- We have a fun Llama body design pillow from Top Trenz covered with sequins.
- The Pillow has a reversible two design and 16 by 16-inch size.
- It comes in the shape of a llama and is very colorful and eye-catching.
- There are also other characters available in this range.
Index Table: Top Rated Sequin Pillows
|1||IsCream Unicorn - Reversible Sequin Pillow||IsCream||98.1|
|2||Play Tailor THrow - Sequin Pillow||Play Tailor||98|
|3||Saro Lifestyle Sherpa Square - Sequin Pillow||Saro Lifestyle||97|
|4||Novelt INC Mermaid - Reversible Sequin Pillow||Novelt INC||97.7|
|5||Cocyber Custom - Sequin Pillow||Cocyber||97|
|6||MHJY - Reversible Sequin Pillow||MHJY||96.9|
|7||Top Trenz Mermaid - Sequin Pillow||Top Trenz||97.5|
Table of Contents
- Uses for Sequin Pillows
- How to Clean and Maintain Your Sequin Pillows
- Features of a Good Sequin Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Sequin Pillows
- Index Table: Top Rated Sequin Pillows