Water pillows are ideal for anybody who often travels, who is seeking comfort or back pain relief, who needs hypoallergenic pillows or who want to sleep well at night.
Chiropractors and doctors recommend water pillows for muscle pain relief too.
Water pillows add an extra dimension of comfort and support and are perfect for any sleeping position!
Why People Buy Water Pillows
People buy water pillows for some good reasons. The number one reason for buying water pillows is usually for maximum comfort and getting a good night’s sleep! The support provided from water pillows is thought to be the best for the neck and shoulders.
Travel is another concern people have when seeking out a water pillow. If your back gets tired or sore from long hours of moving around from place to place, seated in a vehicle or airplane, a water pillow is a great back pain relief solution.
Water is also a harmless substance if you suffer from allergies and are highly sensitive. They can give you the luxurious comfort you desire without giving you skin rashes or sinus irritations.
Pregnant women sometimes also prefer water pillows for a gentler kind of support. It’s not surprising seeing as all forms of cushioning to the baby are waterbased inside the body; why shouldn’t it follow that the best pillow for pregnant support is waterbased too?
Benefits of Using Water Pillow vs. Ordinary Pillows
Ordinary pillows, unbeknownst to many, can cause many problems for us, our back muscles, and our overall spine health. Usually, what feels comfortable for our back muscles is anything that allows the spine to remain in its normal shape; however, this does not aid us if our spines are OUT OF SHAPE. Ordinary pillows can contribute to back pain, neck pain, and even hip pain by tricking the user into believing we have given ourselves support and solved the problem.
The best thing about a water pillow is the fact that it contains water inside of it. Water is a fluid, a substance that can accommodate to any shape or size, moving to fill the container it’s inside of – this means that a water pillow will support your neck and shoulders while you are sleeping, sitting, working or traveling, reading – anything you can think of really! Your back pushes the water out into the right shape and allows it to give natural support you need to be 100% comfortable, relaxed, and healthily supported.
Features of a Good Water Pillow
As the name implied, a water pillow has to have water inside of it. However, the best water pillows have a combination of fabrics, padding, and different materials to best give you comfort and relief. The best materials to accompany water pillows are hypoallergenic polyester or memory foam, like these, both won’t add to allergies or sensitivities.
If you are a fussy person and need to adjust the level of comfort on your water pillow – look for a water pillow with a valve. You can then add or subtract the amount of water you need and make it as firm or slack as you like!
Reviews: The Best Water Pillows
These our chosen water pillows that will benefit you the most:
- The brand Mediflow has been recommended by many health professionals for back and neck support for a broad array of their products.
- This pillow is ideal for Insomniacs as well as Sleep Apnea patients.
- This product has been scientifically tested to prove that this pillow improves the quality of sleep in at least four ways.
- The water base inside the cushion moves accordingly, so you don’t have to wake up to adjust it yourself during the night.
- The water inside responds to your movements and accommodates to help support your neck properly.
- The Mediflow Waterbase Pillow has given neck pain relief to many who have neck and back pains.
- This pillow is from the brand Chiroflow, which is endorsed by chiropractors and medical practitioners globally.
- The Chiroflow Premium water pillow is the number one recommendation by chiropractors.
- This water pillow specifically targets neck pain and can improve the quality of your sleep tenfold!
- Clinical tests have proven that the Chiroflow achieves more positive sleeping results in anybody with neck or back pain.
- Fill the water pillow with cold tap water and don’t bother with harmful chemical substances or additives to make it work.
- The Chiroflow Premium Water Pillow can be used inside a queen-size or standard size pillowcase.
- The Core Basic Water Pillow’s best feature is that it allows you to adjust the amount of water inside it, using the nifty valve it comes equipped with.
- You can decide how firm and supportive or loose and relaxed you want the pillow to be.
- The pillow comes with a protective cover that adds extra padding to the pillow and gives your neck extra comfort while sleeping.
- When you add more water to increase the firmness of the pillow, the padded covering is designed in such a way that only the part is supporting your neck increases in size.
- Support your neck exactly how you want and alleviate neck pain at night.
- Another excellent Chiroflow product endorsed by chiropractors and physicians internationally.
- The Chiroflow Travel Pillow makes traveling conveniently painless and is the number one pillow for traveling recommended by chiropractors.
- The number one ailment the Chiroflow pillow is suitable for treating is a cervical pain.
- This ideal travel pillow provides the cervix with the support it needs, which improves your sleep at the same time.
- Water accommodates to suit your needs and supports your exact shape.
- The Chiroflow Travel Water Pillow comes in more than one size, including a travel size, which is ideal for being on the go!
- Gives you a rest assured sleep by providing the user with proper back, neck, side and shoulder support.
- It also provides relief to stomach sleepers who battle to get a good night’s sleep.
- The Sure Sleep Ultra-pillow has a compartment filled with water that can provide you with support no matter what position you sleep in.
- The water inside the pillow adjusts every time you move to accommodate you and promote fantastic sleep.
- 100% Hypoallergenic, made from polyester fibers and water. Safe for people with allergies or sensitivities.
- Water levels can be adjusted to suit your sleeping needs.
- Since this is just a pillow insert, it allows for maximum flexibility and mobility, just slot it into your regular pillow cover.
- This pillow insert adds extra value to your pillow by providing you with additional support.
- Ideal for travelers, individuals with chronic back problems, or insomniacs seeking pain relief.
- The product remains cold at night and helps to prevent night sweats, keeping your head cool.
- Made from very soft, medical-grade, non-toxic materials and is 100% hypoallergenic.
- It provides relief also for migraines, head pain, neck pain, back pain, and muscle pain.
- Foldable for easy use, storage and portability.
The Mediflow is an Elite Water pillow with a fiberfill water base, that is clinically proven to relieve neck and back pain and improve sleep patterns.
- Personalized support with adjustable firmness by adding or removing water.
- The water base adjusts as you move, offering exceptional spinal support.
- It is clinically proven to reduce neck pain and improve your quality of sleep.
- Contains a StaLoft dacron Polyester fiber fill, for better loft and resiliency.
- Hypoallergenic soft cotton shell cover.
The perfect Spine Support pillow from Blissbury with a bamboo cover and waterbased fill.
- A premium pillow with a quilted Bamboo, cover.
- Plush and comfortable offering excellent neck and back support, while keeping your spine perfectly aligned.
- Adjustable, you can add or remove water for the perfect form.
- Dual layers for easy and adjustable filling with water.
A luxury Queen Size water Pillow from Modern Joe’s that features a Hypoallergenic Pillow Cover.
- Genuine and pure cotton cover that is Hypoallergenic, breathable, and removable for washing.
- Highly adjustable support and excellent neck and back support for any sleeping position.
- It is layered with Polyester Fiberfill and an anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic cover, with adjustability by adding or removing water.
- Premium quality and durability for long-lasting comfort.
- This unique pillow comes with a water base that instantly adjusts according to head movements to ensure all-night support.
- It is designed to prevent strain and injury, as well as relieve head, neck, and upper back pain, and ensure long-term responsible support.
- The cover is made using high-count cotton, with an inner layer of soft polyester fiber to provide maximum comfort.
- It is easily adjustable to make it soft, medium, or firm, by increasing the quantity of water in the pillow.
Comparison Table: Top-Rated Water Pillows
|1||Mediflow Original - Waterbase Sleeping Pillow||Mediflow||98.9|
|2||Chiroflow Premium - Sleeping Water Pillow||Chiroflow||98.6|
|3||Core Basic - Trapezoid Water Plillow||Core||98.3|
|4||ChiroFlow Traveller - Travel Water Pillow||ChiroFlow||97.9|
|5||Bracemart Sure Sleep - Hypoallergenic Ultra Water Pillow||Bracemart||97.5|
|6||Blue Rock Cold Chill Insert - Sleeping Aid Water Pad||Blue Rock||97.2|
|7||Mediflow Elite - Waterbase Pillow for All Sleep Positions||Mediflow||96.8|
|8||Blissbury SpineRight - Water Pillow with Bamboo Cover||Blissbury||96.4|
|9||ModernJoe’s Luxurious - Queen Size Water Base Pillow||ModernJoe’s||96.1|
|10||FOMI Premium Large - Water Sleeping Pillow||FOMI||95.7|
Table of Contents
- Why People Buy Water Pillows
- Benefits of Using Water Pillow vs. Ordinary Pillows
- Features of a Good Water Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Water Pillows
- Mediflow® Original Waterbase Sleeping Pillow
- Chiroflow® Premium Sleeping Water Pillow
- Core® Basic Trapezoid Water Plillow
- ChiroFlow® Traveller Travel Water Pillow
- Bracemart® Sure Sleep Hypoallergenic Ultra Water Pillow
- Blue Rock® Cold Chill Insert Sleeping Aid Water Pad
- Mediflow® Elite Waterbase Pillow for All Sleep Positions
- Blissbury® SpineRight Water Pillow with Bamboo Cover
- ModernJoe’s® Luxurious Queen Size Water Base Pillow
- FOMI® Premium Large Water Sleeping Pillow
- Comparison Table: Top-Rated Water Pillows