Water pillows are ideal for anybody who often travels, seeking comfort or back pain relief, who needs hypoallergenic pillows, or who wants to sleep well at night.
Chiropractors and doctors recommend water pillows for muscle pain relief too.
Water pillows add an extra dimension of comfort and support and are perfect for any sleeping position!
Why People Buy Water Pillows
People buy water pillows for some good reasons. The number one reason for buying water pillows is usually for maximum comfort and getting a good night’s sleep! The support provided from water pillows is thought to be the best for the neck and shoulders.
Travel is another concern people have when seeking out a water pillow. If your back gets tired or sore from long hours of moving around from place to place, seated in a vehicle or airplane, a water pillow is a great back pain relief solution.
Water is also a harmless substance if you suffer from allergies and are highly sensitive. They can give you the luxurious comfort you desire without giving you skin rashes or sinus irritations.
Pregnant women sometimes also prefer water pillows for a gentler kind of support. It’s not surprising, seeing as all forms of cushioning to the baby are waterbased inside the body; why shouldn’t it follow that the best pillow for pregnant support is waterbased too?
Benefits of Using Water Pillow vs. Ordinary Pillows
Ordinary pillows, unbeknownst to many, can cause many problems for us, our back muscles, and our overall spine health. Usually, what feels comfortable for our back muscles is anything that allows the spine to remain in its normal shape; however, this does not aid us if our spines are OUT OF SHAPE. Ordinary pillows can contribute to back pain, neck pain, and even hip pain by tricking the user into believing we have given ourselves support and solved the problem.
The best thing about a water pillow is that it can accommodate any shape or size, moving to fill the container it’s inside of – this means that a water pillow will support your neck and shoulders while you are sleeping, sitting, working or traveling, reading – anything you can think of really!
Your body parts push the water out into the right shape and allow it to give natural support; you need to be 100% comfortable, relaxed, and healthily supported.
Features of a Good Water Pillow
As the name implied, a water pillow has to have water inside of it. However, the best water pillows combine fabrics, padding, and different materials to give you the best comfort and relief. The best materials to accompany water pillows are hypoallergenic polyester or memory foam; like these, both won’t add to allergies or sensitivities.
If you are a fussy person and need to adjust the comfort level on your water pillow – look for a water pillow with a valve. You can then add or subtract the amount of water you need and make it as firm or slack as you like!
Reviews: The Best Water Pillows
These are our chosen water pillows that will benefit you the most;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- Many health professionals have recommended the brand Mediflow for back and neck support for a broad array of their products.
- This pillow is ideal for Insomniacs as well as Sleep Apnea patients.
- This product has been scientifically tested to prove that this pillow improves sleep quality in at least four ways.
- The water base inside the cushion moves accordingly, so you don’t have to wake up to adjust it yourself during the night.
- The water inside responds to your movements and accommodates to help support your neck properly.
- The Mediflow Waterbase Pillow has given neck pain relief to many who have neck and back pains.
The perfect Spine Support pillow from Blissbury with a bamboo cover and water-based fill.
- A premium pillow with a quilted Bamboo, cover.
- Plush and comfortable offering excellent neck and back support while keeping your spine perfectly aligned.
- Adjustable, you can add or remove water for the perfect form.
- Dual layers for easy and adjustable filling with water.
- The Basic Water Pillow’s best feature allows you to adjust the amount of water inside it using the nifty valve it comes equipped with.
- You can decide how firm and supportive or loose and relaxed you want the pillow to be.
- The pillow comes with a protective cover that adds extra padding to the pillow and gives your neck extra comfort while sleeping.
- When you add more water to increase the pillow’s firmness, the padded covering is designed so that only the part is supporting your neck increases in size.
- Support your neck exactly how you want and alleviate neck pain at night.
- This unique pillow comes with a water base that instantly adjusts according to head movements to ensure all-night support.
- It is designed to prevent strain and injury, as well as relieve head, neck, and upper back pain, and ensure long-term responsible support.
- The cover is made using high-count cotton, with an inner layer of soft polyester fiber to provide maximum comfort.
- It is easily adjustable to make it soft, medium, or firm by increasing the pillow’s quantity of water.
A luxury Queen Size water Pillow from Modern Joe’s features a Hypoallergenic Pillow Cover.
- Genuine and pure cotton cover is Hypoallergenic, breathable, and removable for washing.
- Highly adjustable support and excellent neck and back support for any sleeping position.
- It is layered with Polyester Fiberfill and an anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic cover, with adjustability by adding or removing water.
- Premium quality and durability for long-lasting comfort.
- The Papo water pillow is hypoallergenic and comfortable.
- It is firm with a soft bamboo cover.
- The pillow has a water and memory foam fill.
- There is also a zip closure.
- A Luxury Queen size water pillow.
- The pillow has adjustable support and durable construction.
- A premium quality design with a cotton cover.
- It has a water and foam fill.
- From Mediflow, we have a memory foam water pillow.
- This design is re-invented and has better technology.
- There is a memory foam and water fill.
- The pillow has a polycotton cover.
- Comes in a value pack with two pillows.
- The Nestl coolest pillow is a cooling design water pillow.
- It is adjustable and has a breathable cover.
- There is a Gel water base and memory foam fill.
- You can chill the filled to create cooling ice.
- The Nerlimiay is a cooling pillow rather than a water pillow for sleeping.
- It can be used to soothe sore muscles.
- The pillow is filled with water and placed in the freezer for cooling.
- Also quite portable.
Comparison Table: Top-Rated Water Pillows
|1||Mediflow Original - Waterbase Sleeping Pillow||Mediflow||98.9|
|2||Blissbury SpineRight - Water Pillow with Bamboo Cover||Blissbury||96.4|
|3||Xtra Comfort Basic - Trapezoid Water Plillow||Xtra Comfort||97.3|
|4||FOMI Premium Large - Water Sleeping Pillow||FOMI||95.7|
|5||ModernJoe’s Luxurious - Queen Size Water Base Pillow||ModernJoe’s||96.1|
|6||Simply by Papo cooling - Bamboo Water Pillow||Simply by Papo||97.5|
|7||Modern Joe Fiber Fill - Water Pillow||Modern Joe||97|
|8||Mediflow Foam - Water Pillow||Mediflow||97.7|
|9||Nestl Coolest - Water and Ice Pillow||Nestl||97|
|10||Nerlmiay Cooling - Water Pillow||Nerlmiay||97|
Table of Contents
- Why People Buy Water Pillows
- Benefits of Using Water Pillow vs. Ordinary Pillows
- Features of a Good Water Pillow
- Reviews: The Best Water Pillows
- Mediflow® Original Waterbase Sleeping Pillow
- Blissbury® SpineRight Water Pillow with Bamboo Cover
- Xtra Comfort® Basic Trapezoid Water Plillow
- FOMI® Premium Large Water Sleeping Pillow
- ModernJoe’s® Luxurious Queen Size Water Base Pillow
- Simply by Papo® cooling Bamboo Water Pillow
- Modern Joe® Fiber Fill Water Pillow
- Mediflow® Foam Water Pillow
- Nestl® Coolest Water and Ice Pillow
- Nerlmiay® Cooling Water Pillow
- Comparison Table: Top-Rated Water Pillows