Fibromyalgia is a long-term medical condition that causes widespread musculoskeletal pain all over the body.
The cause of Fibromyalgia is unknown, but there are many ways to treat it and lessen its symptoms.
Scroll down below to find out all there is to know about the symptoms and treatment of Fibromyalgia and the best pillows to provide relief.
Fibromyalgia: Explanation and Symptoms
- What It Is – Fibromyalgia affects the pain receptors and amplifies painful sensations in the body. It is a chronic condition, and the cause of it is still unknown. It happens due to abnormal nervous system response, and the pain ranges from mild achiness to intense unbearable discomfort.
- Who It Affects – Women are seven times more likely to develop Fibromyalgia than men. Symptoms some time appear after physical trauma or damage of any kind. In other cases, symptoms may accumulate over time.
- Symptoms – Symptoms of Fibromyalgia include widespread pain all over the body, headaches and migraine, fatigue, cognitive difficulties, trouble sleeping, and bladder problems.
- Trigger Points – Common trigger points used to diagnose Fibromyalgia include back of the head, tops of the shoulders, neck, head and outer elbows, upper chest, hips, and knees.
Treatment and Remedies
Currently, there is no cure for Fibromyalgia, but there are some things that may lessen the symptoms and intensity of this disease.
- Medications – Medications to lessen Fibromyalgia symptoms most commonly include Pain relievers to overcome the constant chronic pain, anti-depressants to rebalance neurotransmitters, improve sleep quality, and treat fatigue and pain. Anti-seizure drugs such as Pregabalin (Lyrica), which blocks nerve cells from sending out pain signals, are an FDA approved treatment for Fibromyalgia.
- Lifestyle Changes – Eating a balanced and healthy diet, group therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy are some options for managing Fibromyalgia. Using the right accessories, e.g., pillows, bedding, chairs, and couches, can also make a huge difference in pain management due to Fibromyalgia.
- Physical Therapy – Physical therapy like exercise, Yoga, Massage therapy, and other such things may help in keeping your body healthy, which may, in turn, lower the rate of triggering Fibromyalgia.
Pillow Variety for Fibromyalgia
Any pillow that provides support to the body while still being soft enough to provide cushion can help in pain management and giving you a restful sleep.
- Body Pillows – U-shaped body pillows, pregnancy pillows, L-shaped, and V-shaped body pillows are some of the options that provide full-body support for a comfortable night. These pillows are suitable no matter what position you are sleeping in.
- Water Based/Gel Pillows – Water-based and Gel pillows both have the quality of being adjustable. They adjust according to the shape of your neck and shoulders to provide optimum support.
- Latex/Feather Stuffed Pillows – Both of these types of pillow are firm; therefore, they keep the neck and shoulder in place. Twisting your body might cause more pain in the case of Fibromyalgia.
Reviews: Best Pillow for Fibromyalgia
The below list consist of products we found to be the most useful for relieving pain from Fibromyalgia and allowing for a restful sleep.
This latex pillow provides support for the head and neck with a resiliency similar to memory foam. It does not go flat the way polyester, cottom or feather filled pillows do.
It contains GOLS Certified Organic Natural Latex sourced from harvested rubber tree sap, whereas the cover and lining are 100% GOTS Certified Organic Cotton.
PureTree pillows come with a zippered inner lining for adjustable filling according to soft, medium, and hard preference.
The outer cotton cover is removable and washable.
This product allows for air circulation to prevent heat-trapping.
- The famed Purple Pillow is designed using the Hyper-Elastic Polymer grid technology to allow the shape to maintain. It is soft in the middle and firm around the edges for maximum comfort and support.
- It is designed to have hundreds of tiny triangles that relax under pressure.
- This sturdy or supportive pillow is ideal, whether you are a back sleeper or side sleeper.
- It uses technology to neutralize temperature and allow heat elimination.
- This product comes with a washable cover made of a unique combination of Polyester, spandex, and bamboo
- This pillow is naturally antimicrobial and hypoallergenic and FDA and CertiPUR-US Certified.
- The water base of this pillow responds to head movement automatically while you are asleep. This helps maintain proper support to reduce disturbances.
- The top layer of this pillow is filled with hypoallergenic Polyester, and the cover is 100% cotton.
- This product is made in the USA and imported.
- Each pack contains 2 washable pillows.
- This pillow is filled with premium food-grade microbeads that allow for cushioned comfort and full-body support.
- The Squishy Deluxe pillows come enclosed in a soft cover made from a unique combination of Nylon and Spandex to provide a silky feel.
- This pillow can be used as the perfect for full-body support during pregnancy and nursing for targeted support.
- All seams of this pillow are double reinforced to prevent any bead leakage.
- It is hypoallergenic, odor-free, antibacterial, and resistant to dust mites.
- The patented design of this Angle Memory Foam Wedge Pillow is clinically proven to reduce discomfort and pain in the lower back, strain, fatigue, muscle spasms, Sciatica, and everyday stress.
- It is specially designed to relieve body and back pain.
- BED WEDGE FOR THERAPY AND SLEEP: Designed for those suffering from back & body pains like Sciatica.
- This pillow eases aching muscles and improves blood flow in the body, reducing pain and providing support to the spine.
- The Be Cool technology employed in this pillow regulates temperature for a better night’s sleep in all weather conditions.
- This product is Eco-friendly, medical quality, Certi-Pur Certified, and Hypoallergenic.
- This C-shaped pregnancy pillow eliminates the need for multiple bed pillows while providing support to your back, hips, knees, head and neck.
- The adjustable polyester filling in this body pillow adapts to your body shape to provide maximum support and comfort.
- Each pack includes a grey colored body pillow and a travel and storage bag.
- Includes Travel and Storage Bag – Grey Color Only
- A comfortable Cervical Pillow filled with premium memory foam for optimal support and comfort.
- The ergonomic design offers excellent neck, back, and body support.
- Reduces pain and discomfort for a good night’s rest.
- It comes with a washable and breathable cover.
- Queen Rose is a plush and supportive Body Pillow.
- It offers complete body support and comfort.
- It is designed for all sleeping positions and ideal for pregnant women.
- C shaped ergonomic design.
- A uniquely shaped body pillow with a soft velvet pillow cover and 7D PP Fiber Cotton filling.
- Versatile and multifunctional for seated and sleeping positions.
- Offers full comfort and body support for all sleeping positions.
- Also ideal for pregnant women.
- This pillow comes in a unique U-shape, designed to relieve body pain, especially in case of Fibromyalgia.
- The cover and filling of this pillow are both made using 100%, high-quality Polyester.
- It is adjustable and conforms to the shape of the body to relieve discomfort and pain.
- It is suitable for machine wash, along with a zipper to adjust the filling if you required it.
Index Table: Top-Rated Pillow for Fibromyalgia
|1||PureTree Organic - Latex Pillow for Fibromyalgia||PureTree||98.9|
|2||Purple Cooling - Cradling Neck Support for Fibromyalgia||Purple||98.5|
|3||Mediflow Original - Waterbase Pillow for Fibromyalgia||Mediflow||98.2|
|4||Squishy Deluxe Microbead - Supportive Body Pillow for Fibromyalgia||Squishy Deluxe||97.7|
|5||Back Support Systems The Angle - Back Support Pillow for Fibromyalgia||Back Support Systems||97.3|
|6||PharMeDoc C Shaped - Full Body Pillow for Fibromyalgia||PharMeDoc||96.9|
|7||Coisum Cervical - Pillow for Fybromyalgia||Coisum||96.4|
|8||Queen Rose Double - Body Pillow for Fybromyalgia||Queen Rose||96.1|
|9||Battop Full Body - Body Pillow for Fybromyalgia||Battop||95.8|
|10||puredown U-Shaped - Fibromyalgia Body Pillow||puredown||95.5|
Table of Contents
- Fibromyalgia: Explanation and Symptoms
- Treatment and Remedies
- Pillow Variety for Fibromyalgia
- Reviews: Best Pillow for Fibromyalgia
- PureTree® Organic Latex Pillow for Fibromyalgia
- Purple® Cooling Cradling Neck Support for Fibromyalgia
- Mediflow® Original Waterbase Pillow for Fibromyalgia
- Squishy Deluxe® Microbead Supportive Body Pillow for Fibromyalgia
- Back Support Systems® The Angle Back Support Pillow for Fibromyalgia
- PharMeDoc® C Shaped Full Body Pillow for Fibromyalgia
- Coisum® Cervical Pillow for Fybromyalgia
- Queen Rose® Double Body Pillow for Fybromyalgia
- Battop® Full Body Body Pillow for Fybromyalgia
- puredown® U-Shaped Fibromyalgia Body Pillow
- Index Table: Top-Rated Pillow for Fibromyalgia