If you are tired of sleeping on synthetic pillows and are looking for a good, old-fashioned pillow that gives a high loft, then goose-down pillows are the answer!
You can learn more about the best Goose Down pillows below, what you can expect when purchasing them, and their best features.
Table of Contents
- What Is Fill Power and Thread Count?
- Goose Down Feather Buying Precautions
- Features of a Good Goose Down Pillow
- Reviews: Best Goose Down Pillows
- Royal Hotel® Goose Down Pillow 100% Luxury Goose Down Feather Pillow
- Luxuredown® Pure Goose Down Pillow 100% Cotton Pure Goose Down Pillow
- WENERSI® Goose Down Pillows Goose Down Feather Blend Pillows
- All About Down® Goose Travel Pillow Goose Down Feather Travel Pillow
- Downluxe® Luxury Goose Down Pillows Goose Down Egyptian Cotton Pillows
- Puredown® White Goose Down Goose Down Bed Pillow
- Globon® Medium Firm White Goose Feather Down Pillows
- Sweet Home Collection® Soft Goose Feather and Down Pillows
- East Coast Bedding® European 800 White Goose Down Pillow Set
- Index Table: Top Rated Goose Down Pillows
What Is Fill Power and Thread Count?
The most important terms to understand before getting a great Goose Down pillow fill power and thread count.
Fill power is the measurement of feather loft and refers to how much loft one once of the down feather stuffing will occupy. For example, every ounce of down feathers in a 500-fill power-down Pillow will have a lot of up to 500 cubic inches. The higher the fill power, the loftier the Pillow. Interestingly, the more loft a down pillow has, the better it will be for trapping heat and insulating the Pillow. Therefore, one should opt for a very high fill power in a colder climate for the best results.
Thread Count is used to determine the number of threads used per square inch of fabric. This term describes the cover of a goose-down Pillow and makes a big difference regarding softness and breathability. The ideal pillow cover should have as many long, stable threads as possible. If the thread count is over 600, there is a good chance there are many short threads, which is just as undesirable as a low thread count (below 200).
Goose Down Feather Buying Precautions
Here are a few factors to consider before buying a goose-down Pillow:
- Feather Blends – Did you know that birds, including geese, have four different types of feathers and that not all of them are suitable for sleeping on? Down feathers are the best choice for Pillow filling as they are the softest and are initially intended to keep the Goose warm. They can be very expensive, so manufacturers often blend these with other feathers to make down pillows cost-effective. If opting for a feather blend, always opt for contour feathers, softer than the bird’s wings’ thick flight feathers.
- Dust Mites – Bird feathers have a tendency to attract dust mites! The feathers are usually washed and treated before being stuffed into a pillow, so that is not an immediate concern when looking down pillows. The concern is more about the covering of the Pillow itself so that you do not attract dust mites in years to come. If opting for a cheaper pillow that does not have a dust mite-proof covering, rather buy a dust mite-proof pillowcase!
- Double Covering – All feathers have tips, as this is how they are attached to the bird, and therefore it is inevitable that the tips will stick out from time to time. To prevent the tips of feathers poking at you, it is recommended to get a double-layered pillow.
Features of a Good Goose Down Pillow
The best Goose down pillow features is as follows:
- Machine Washable – Some goose-down pillows can be washed in a washing machine on a cold, gentle setting and even tumble-dried on low. This is ideal for keeping your Pillow in great condition.
- Vacuum Sealed – Vacuum-sealed down pillows have a lesser chance of being contaminated with dust mites or pathogens, being more hypoallergenic in general.
- Piped Edges – The seams of the pillow cover are one of the weak points of a down pillow. Piped edging will ensure the features’ tips do not stick out or rip any seams.
- Cotton Cover – A cotton cover is a perfect compliment to your luxurious down Pillow, being both highly breathable and soft. A cotton cover with a thread count between 300 and 400 is the best!
- 100% Down Feathers – Naturally, a down pillow that is made using 100% goose down with a high fill power (500 or more) is the best option.
Reviews: Best Goose Down Pillows
Below is a wide selection of some of the best goose-down pillows, reviewed for high quality and high fill power for all your needs.
We hope you love the products we recommend!
We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
- True to its name, Royal Hotel is proud to present these hotel-quality 100% goose-down pillows designed to make sleep great again!
- Filled with a very high loftiness, these pillows have a fill power 750, making them ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Keep yourself warm and cozy during Winter and cool in Summer thanks to Goose Down feathers’ great insulation power.
- The Pillow edges have been double-sealed with a specialty piping seam, keeping the Pillow together for longer.
- These pillows are not machine washable but may be dry cleaned for optimal results.
- Here is a medium-firm goose-down Pillow designed specifically for back and side sleepers.
- The loft is also a medium thickness, bringing the fill power to 650 square inches for optimal comfort.
- Covered in a 100% cotton shell covering, the Pillow will always remain utterly soft and insulated, promoting a good night’s rest.
- Made in the USA and constructed from only the best Goose down feathers for maximum luxury!
- The edges have a double-piped lining to ensure no feathers find their way out of the Pillow during the night.
- This is the best choice if you are looking for a soft and budget-friendly blend of Goose down and contour feather pillows.
- Covered in pure cotton and reinforced with two layers, the pillows ensure that feathers never poke you while sleeping.
- Treated beforehand for allergens and dust mites, these pillows will enhance the quality of your sleep while still being chemical-free!
- Vacuum sealed, the pillows are easy to keep fluffing up and retain great loft even with the feather blend.
- Sleep blissfully while these pillows do not make any crunching noise like other blended feather pillows.
- If you like to travel often and can never get comfortable, this travel pillow will be a miracle solution!
- Loaded with the softest Goose Down feathers imaginable, this Pillow has a fill power 900, making it the softest Pillow you’ll ever have used.
- The Goose Down feathers were sourced from humane sources with an ethical background, without harming any geese.
- The manufacturers are happy to adjust the fill power and loft if needed- please call them before placing your order.
- Enjoy traveling with the luxury of a goose Pillow by your side.
- If you want Goose pillows but are worried about allergens, then this luxurious set of 2 pillows is just what you need!
- Covered in the purest and softest Egyptian cotton, these pillows are hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant.
- Vacuum-sealed and compressed, these pillows are entirely fresh upon arrival at your doorstep.
- Improve your sleep quality with these pure geese-down feather pillows, ideal for any sleeping position.
- The seams of the pillows in this set of 2 have been reinforced, making it impossible for feathers to pop out the sides.
The PureDown Goose Down Pillow is available in different sizes and has a machine washable cover.
- It is covered with a durable, seam-sealed cotton cover to keep the down feathers.
- It comes in a Standard, Queen, or King-sized option.
- Filled with premium quality goose-down feathers.
- Adjustable and comfortable loft for side and back sleepers and stomach sleepers.
- This pack contains a pair of King size feather-down pillows.
- These high-quality pillows come in a 460-thread cotton sateen shell to provide a luxurious look and soft touch.
- It offers a premium three-chamber construction design to prevent leakages and is lined to avoid the feathers’ pricks.
- The breathable pillows provide optimum support and comfort to your head, neck, and shoulder areas and are ideal for all sleepers.
- This product is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Certified and guarantees nonliving- plucking, non-cage-rearing, and force-feeding.
From the Sweet Home Collection, we have the Goose Down and Feather blended Pillow for the softest yet still most supportive loft.
- Filled with a mix of Goose Down and Feathers.
- It features a four-layer protective and breathable cover that is fully washable.
- Hypoallergenic design unless you are allergic to feathers.
- Offer a comfortable and supportive firmness.
- This pillow is filled with premium quality lofty goose down to provide an unparalleled sleeping experience.
- It has a 100% sateen cotton shell cover for a smooth and comfortable finish, offering a 400 thread count fabric.
- East Coast Bedding goose-down pillows come in 3 sizes to suit all your needs.
- It offers high power fill to ensure it retains its firmness for a long time.
Index Table: Top Rated Goose Down Pillows
|1||Royal Hotel Goose Down Pillow - 100% Luxury Goose Down Feather Pillow||Royal Hotel||98.9|
|2||Luxuredown Pure Goose Down Pillow - 100% Cotton Pure Goose Down Pillow||Luxuredown||98.6|
|3||WENERSI Goose Down Pillows - Goose Down Feather Blend Pillows||WENERSI||98.3|
|4||All About Down Goose Travel Pillow - Goose Down Feather Travel Pillow||All About Down||97.8|
|5||Downluxe Luxury Goose Down Pillows - Goose Down Egyptian Cotton Pillows||Downluxe||97.5|
|6||Puredown White Goose Down - Goose Down Bed Pillow||Puredown||97.2|
|7||Globon Medium Firm - White Goose Feather Down Pillows||Globon||95.7|
|8||Sweet Home Collection Soft - Goose Feather and Down Pillows||Sweet Home Collection||96.4|
|9||East Coast Bedding European 800 - White Goose Down Pillow Set||East Coast Bedding||96.1|